Dragon Age: Inquisition - E3 TRAILER

Yay! I went back to the drawing board with my Reaver build, and brought a different party to the battle, and I was able to best the Descent final boss. Time to start Trespasser. :)

Finished Trespasser. It did not nose dive from where I stopped. There is still a bit of meat on the story bone when you get to the end. I think they do a pretty good job of wrapping up the personal arc of the Inquisitor while opening up story possibilities for future games.

The complaint about the damage sponge final boss? Eh... it's no worse than some of the higher level dragons who get magical guard refills "just because".

The glitch I mentioned about one character not participating affected another character. So, there's some kind of AI glitch going on. It seems pathfinding related, because they won't move even if you take over, you have to fire a power to get them unstuck.

Also, have your reading glasses on and your full attention ready once the game is over. The "what happens next" for each character scrolls pretty quickly. I didn't have an issue, but there were a few screens where there was no room for distraction.

Also also, don't skip the credits.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is like me and was having the game consistently crash to the home screen during combat, the problem is the ability Lunge and Slash. It's glitched since the last patch and the game will crash if any followers use it. Just set it to Disabled in their tactics list.

I spent some time today on some cleanup before starting Trespasser, mostly the 75 fade rifts closed achievement. Wandering around all of the zones reminded me of the feeling that BioWare made a bunch of amazing scenery, but forgot to put a game into most of it. :/

If anyone is like me and was having the game consistently crash to the home screen during combat, the problem is the ability Lunge and Slash. It's glitched since the last patch and the game will crash if any followers use it. Just set it to Disabled in their tactics list.

I spent some time today on some cleanup before starting Trespasser, mostly the 75 fade rifts closed achievement. Wandering around all of the zones reminded me of the feeling that BioWare made a bunch of amazing scenery, but forgot to put a game into most of it. :/
Is this on PS4 as well or just XB1?

Just like the Ultimate Edition of Origins, this'll be a great value when it comes out.  Especially if you flex your CAG and get it for less than retail. 

That seems pretty quick for a GOTY release. The last DLC just came out too. Damn, if I had known they were only going to release two segments and this edition would be less than 3 months after the last DLC hit I wouldn't have got the first one as I haven't even touched it still. No point in me getting it since I just need the other DLC.

That seems pretty quick for a GOTY release. The last DLC just came out too. Damn, if I had known they were only going to release two segments and this edition would be less than 3 months after the last DLC hit I wouldn't have got the first one as I haven't even touched it still. No point in me getting it since I just need the other DLC.
EA is pulling all support from the game. The last MP Friday Twitch stream is this Friday & I think the last MP weekend event was either this last weekend or this coming weekend.

Did anyone get into the MP for Dragon Age?  I was looking forward to that almost more than the campaign, based on how much I adored ME3 MP, but just could not muster up any interest in this.  It just wasn't fun.  When it wasn't glitchy, it was clunky and slow.  I'm not surprised that they are killing support so soon.  But I hope this doesn't sour Bioware on MP in future games. 

EA is pulling all support from the game. The last MP Friday Twitch stream is this Friday & I think the last MP weekend event was either this last weekend or this coming weekend.
Seems odd that all support is being pulled less than a year from release. Makes me wonder what they're moving their efforts towards, if not ME Andromeda.

Did anyone get into the MP for Dragon Age? I was looking forward to that almost more than the campaign, based on how much I adored ME3 MP, but just could not muster up any interest in this. It just wasn't fun. When it wasn't glitchy, it was clunky and slow. I'm not surprised that they are killing support so soon. But I hope this doesn't sour Bioware on MP in future games.
I tried it a couple of times in the beginning of launch and it just didn't quite do it for me. Maybe it was better after the beginning, though I just didn't have any time to sink into it.

The few times I did ME3 MP, that was a lot of fun from what I did play it and from what I had seen, they did seem to promote it and support it a lot more than DA: I MP seemed to have.

When I had comparable internet I tried the MP but it was way too hard for me. Well I also tried it when I first started playing the game.

Update: Just talked a friend down my road (2 miles away too), who lives next to our major highway so he has TWC, into helping me download my needed Xbox updates. Opted out of the preview program so I don't need to download updates all the time - to think I used to have those set for in the background as I didn't have any limitations on my internet. I picked up Treespasser DLC while I was at it! We'll dive into this bad boy this weekend!

Edit: So I guess you have to get the latest update to play through the DLC because yeah nothing happened when I started my save. I also checked the war room, no new missions. In order for me to "catch up" I need to download 4.4 GBs of patches, jesus...

So what was changed with the patch today? It's so large it'll take me a day to download so was just curious. Thanks.
Are you in the preview program? If yes, I wonder if this had something to do with that. I hear some people had to reinstall/download Destiny after getting the new dashboard preview just recently.

Posting here so I don't necro years old threads, but the DA Origins DLC that matters and DA 2 plus its DLC are on sale until Tuesday morning on 360.

KoA: Reckoning is also on sale.

I say both are great, but if you can only do one do Legacy as it ties directly into Inquisition. Mark of the Assassin is better IMO but nothing from it ties into anything else that I'm aware of.

I say both are great, but if you can only do one do Legacy as it ties directly into Inquisition. Mark of the Assassin is better IMO but nothing from it ties into anything else that I'm aware of.
Right on both counts. I think MOTA is worth it for Felicia Day's character, though Legacy is a huge tie-in back to DA: I. Nothing ties back to DA: I from MOTA.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503

If any of you guys are interested in getting Origins on One's BC please take a sec and vote for it on there. I'm hoping it will get on the list regardless but it seems they are putting games with the most votes on the backward compatibility list first over the low votes. You aren't just limited to one vote either, you can vote for apparently as many games as you want in case you're worried you only get one say.

And fucking lol that Black Ops 2 is in the lead...seriously people? It just came out on all the systems, DESIGNED for the One and PS4 and there are apparently over 100k idiots voting for it to make the BC list. I don't know whether to be amused or saddened over the stupidity of that notion.

Big EA sale this week, wahoo used my $15 rewards anniversary credit on Jaws DLC.

Oh I'm an idiot. I thought the DLC was initially $20, this is a sale for EA Access members only - so it's $9.

I was a big fan of the previous DA comics and books, but I can't muster up the interest in this one.  Not sure what it is that's making me lose interest.  I mean, Inquisition was really, really good.  But I haven't even played Trespasser yet.  If anybody checks out MageKiller, please post impressions. 

FYI the digital GOTY edition is on sale for $24 right now on XB1 only. If you didn't do the past DLC sales from the last week it's worth it to just buy the GOTY edition since Trespasser is $10.24 on sale and $15 regular. You're basically buying the 2 good DLC's and getting the not-so-good one plus the 2 weapon packs and deluxe edition pack for free.

Great deals on a damn good game.  People who wait a year make out like bandits.  I lack patience, however. 

I'm about to wrap up Rise of the Tomb Raider and intend to play the Trespasser DLC next. 

Well my Xbox stats say my most played game was Dragon Age: Inquisition and yup over 300 hours and I'm just getting to the DLC too.
How many playthroughs at that amount of time? I'm still on my single playthrough at about 110 hours, only bought Hakkon and I'm chugging through that at the moment. Still have the endgame bits and the two other DLCs to do.

One and a half, I got stuck on Nightmare and went back to my first character to play the DLC. I like to explore, collect stuff and do side quests so yeah that's probably what took up my time.

One and a half, I got stuck on Nightmare and went back to my first character to play the DLC. I like to explore, collect stuff and do side quests so yeah that's probably what took up my time.
Damn. I've been doing all the side stuff and made some deep progress into finishing up Hakkon, though still have more to do. Guess I have 200 hours to look forward to with all the stuff remaining and the DLC to be done.

Well TBH It's gotta be some idle Xbox time though. Got artbooks for Titanfall, and Watch Dogs. Also an Amazon GC so picked up Art of Dragon Age: Inquisition and Fallout 4. God, looks like I'm collecting Artbooks. Lol

I finally got around to playing Trespasser.  I give it a thumbs up, but mainly for those people who really care about the story.  The missions and setting are just okay, but it's what it reveals about what happened to Thedas, to the characters and where the series will go next is what makes it a must play, in my mind. 

In a way, I'd compare Trespasser to the ME Citadel DLC.   It gives you that complete closure that so many of us want.  I knew who you'd meet in this (avoiding spoilers), but there were a couple of surprises I did not expect. Genuinely funny dialogue and story, too. 

Trespasser get's the official Chubby Ninja seal of approval. 

I finally got around to playing Trespasser. I give it a thumbs up, but mainly for those people who really care about the story. The missions and setting are just okay, but it's what it reveals about what happened to Thedas, to the characters and where the series will go next is what makes it a must play, in my mind.

In a way, I'd compare Trespasser to the ME Citadel DLC. It gives you that complete closure that so many of us want. I knew who you'd meet in this (avoiding spoilers), but there were a couple of surprises I did not expect. Genuinely funny dialogue and story, too.

Trespasser get's the official Chubby Ninja seal of approval.
Two Chubs up, in other words?

Well last night I was rollin' until I got to two Ogres in the Deep Roads. Really liking the Deep Road DLC, goes back to the dungeon feel that you felt with the previous DA titles.

Two Chubs up, in other words?
Heh, yep. Here's the quote for the back of the box "Trespasser will get you fully chubbed. Twice, thanks to Hard in Hightown."

Well last night I was rollin' until I got to two Ogres in the Deep Roads. Really liking the Deep Road DLC, goes back to the dungeon feel that you felt with the previous DA titles.
This. This is what I was hoping to get out of the Deep Roads DLC, which I still haven't bought. I heard that the DLC was another one of those really hard for the sake of being grueling DLC's so I skipped it. Wish I would have bought it when it was on sale the other week.

I hate... hate, never ending waves of enemies gameplay. I'm looking at you Call of Duty and now I have to say Dragon Age Deep Roads DLC.

The Nest

You can't stop the waves of enemies unless you take out the set targets. First are a couple of Hurlock Alphas, then Genlock Alphas, then two Ogres, problem is they're surrounded by a bunch of enemies. Ok, I'll pull them, ok f'n Emissaries taking me out all the time. New target, target the Emissary apprentice, boom dead. Ok, back to the Ogre, ok back to the respawned Emisarry apprentice and other Genlock grunts!, back to the Ogre, all party members are dead, RUN AWAY! There is literally a respawn line where you run to and all your squad respawns and teleports back there. LOL, wow, really, OK I"ll use this. I had em, I really had them, back and forth, back and forth and now I took out the two Ogres, sweet!, oh shit I have to get the Emissary Alpha now, great. Then Varric died. (I totally went stealth!) Reload save... repeat.

I also hate non checkpoint battle areas so yeah I have to start alllllllll over again. Pull the f'n lever, take out the shrieks and hurlock grunts, let's get this over with. This used to be fun. I'm gonna have to look up a guide, crazy mad right now.

There are also times when your special party members, the ones just tagging along at the moment, just sit there!

Yeah, that was really bad in the DLC. Actually the whole game loved to throw difficult battles at you, regardless of the difficulty setting. I guess they really thought their new combat system was too good for anyone to miss. The first two games, if you wanted to put it on the lowest setting and just float through and enjoy the story, the game was cool with that. Inquisition is like, nah, even on easy we're going to throw a bunch of cheap shit at you. They also decided to throw in a bunch of difficulty-dependent achievements to add insult to injury.

Yeah I just read this: http://kotaku.com/dragon-age-inquisition-s-new-descent-dlc-is-an-uneven-1723918173

Wow I never thought about bumping down the difficulty! Man, it's really lame I have to do that.

Seriously, I stopped playing this game because my Nightmare play through was giving me too many ulcers. Got stuck on one mission and then loaded a far back save where I needed to grind before taking on that big middle mission cough, and died multiple times working my way up there. The games AI can be so stupid at times. I'm OK but when you have to micro manage everything like a Starcraft Korean player it wears you out!

Just a reminder, I can do the endgame in DA: I and do all of the other DLC after the endgame, as long as I save Trespasser for last.  Isn't that how it goes?

I believe so.  I'm like 98% sure, so it would be good if someone else chimed in.  I did the first DLC before the endgame and Trespasser after.  At the time, I was under the impression that you could do the Hakkon DLC after you beat the game. 

I believe that's correct; you can do Hakkon and Descent either before or after beating the main story, but Trespasser has to be done after.

bread's done
Back