Dragon Age: Origins Collector's Edition in Stock at Amazon

[quote name='Fors78']Well I did end up buying the collectors edition for the PC also lol, should be here saturday from amazon. So now I will own the collectors for both the PC and the PS3. I have not even put this game into my ps3 yet but after watching many videos and seing how controls work, I am sure the PC version is for me. I kinda wish I hadnt opened my ps3 copy yet I could take it back to gamestop and get ma money back for it, but I was curious about the cloth map and stuff. Oh well, maybe I will play it on the ps3 one day or be able to sell it for around what I paid for it at some point.[/QUOTE]

My PC CE shipped today will be here saturday, cant wait.

[quote name='newlu']OK, now the status of my CE just changed to shipping soon. ^^[/QUOTE]
Nice! Mine status still has not changed but at least your status change is a good sign that mine will ship soon.

I wanted the CE for this so bad, sadly I have no cash to spend and only GS credit, and somehow they ran out of CE's like a month before the game came out. Oh well =\

[quote name='newlu']Amazon has really dropped the ball this time.
I would've bought it from some place else if I didn't get triple ECA stack ($50.99) but looks like we might not get it at all now.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Hmm - SYR, MF

HTH

I tried to preorder the CE but they had already pulled it , so i clicked on the "notify me if available". The day AFTER release i got an email stating it was available, I ordered it ASAP and they shipped it an hour later! Bizarre that they screwed it up so bad for people. Now I feel like I won a lottery getting it so fast. My local BB was sold out release day am, figured I wasn't gonna be getting one.
OH...PS.....I DID receive the preorder bonus code, so hopefully they are giving them to people who are ordering even now.

[quote name='no_exit']Nice! Mine status still has not changed but at least your status change is a good sign that mine will ship soon.[/QUOTE]

Mine also says ship soon! I got mine for around 50.00 after cashing in some $5 giftcards from Swagbucks... if the ECA codes were around It would have rocked. :)

I'm honestly surprised on how limited this CE looks like it will be. I had to go pretty far out of my way for the PS3 CE because I'm stupid like that.

I'm honestly quite happy with the quality of it but pretty pissed that the soundtrack and wallpapers are only accessible on a PC BluRay drive. Does anyone know if there has been a resolution to that?

[quote name='Fatbot3']I'm honestly surprised on how limited this CE looks like it will be. I had to go pretty far out of my way for the PS3 CE because I'm stupid like that.

I'm honestly quite happy with the quality of it but pretty pissed that the soundtrack and wallpapers are only accessible on a PC BluRay drive. Does anyone know if there has been a resolution to that?[/QUOTE]

I'm more surprised by the rarity split--the abundance of the 360 version and the scarcity of the PS3 one.

I'm more surprised by the rarity split--the abundance of the 360 version and the scarcity of the PS3 one

Except the Ps3 one was available for almost the last month on amazon and gamestop, and the the 360 one wasn't except for the one day after release. Spun.com backordered the 360 one immediatlely and had the ps3 one for about a week.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I'm more surprised by the rarity split--the abundance of the 360 version and the scarcity of the PS3 one.[/QUOTE]

I think that it's just disparity based on install base. There may have been a retailer with the PS3 version but the majority of retailers ordered double or triple 360 CEs as the PS3 version.

Trying to pick one up at my GS there were around7 or 8 360 CE's and one lone PS3 one. I think hardcore gamers who are in the market for a CE also likely already have a 3rd party allegiance to the 360 based on things like gamerscore and a bigger community of friends.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I'm more surprised by the rarity split--the abundance of the 360 version and the scarcity of the PS3 one.[/QUOTE]

It is the the difference in the size of the userbase and the unfortunate facts in sales numbers. The Best Buy I work in had 8 360 ces, and 2 for PS3. Of course, as I work there, I was able to secure a PS3 copy for myself.

[quote name='SDC']It is the the difference in the size of the userbase and the unfortunate facts in sales numbers. The Best Buy I work in had 8 360 ces, and 2 for PS3. Of course, as I work there, I was able to secure a PS3 copy for myself.[/QUOTE]

Right, but my comment is directed to the fact that, at least theoretically, they would have printed the editions in accord with the relative userbases and perceived interest on the systems. Based on the rarity of the PS3 version, it seems like they easily under estimated the demand on that system and (arguably) over estimated the demand on the 360.

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']i hope the ps3 version gets restocked...but then again i haven't even cracked my demon's souls...[/QUOTE]

Demons Souls will take up a lot of your time., Brutal and addictive. I thought "oh it's probably just a lot of fluff that this new-gen of gamers can't handle" - no it really is as brutal as everyone says.

Not sure if it's been up for a while or not, but the PC CE is in stock as well. Over a thousand copies available!

man, I'm on the fence about this game as I probably won't even have time w/ MW2 and L4D2 and knee deep in Borderlands right now, but I can snag the last copy on PS3 in Houston, but I don't even know if I'll play it. from a pure collector's standpoint, what's the word on this, the CE version??

The CE is just a collectible tin, a Making-of DVD, and a bunch of DLCs in addition to the game. Worth the extra $15? I don't know.

^^you're forgetting some cloth map :) ..the $10 reward zone coupon does make it more enticing (not to thread crap on Amazon or anything)

bread's done
Back