Dragon Ball Evolution: Here We Destroy

adriley313

Banned
So I was looking in my most recent issue of Entertainment Weekly and notice a picture of a certain upcoming movie coming out soon.
Called Dragonball Evolution. A live action movie based on the famous cartoon series on Cartoon Network starring Chow-Yan Fat and some other actors.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809961064/trailer

Here's the trailer just wanted to know what you all think?
The casting? The modernization of the Dragonball world? The stupidity of Hollywood trying to make money off of everything that is good and holly? NExt thing we'll have a live-action of Naruto, though if they cast right I might watch.

Next on live-action remake is
Avatar- The Last Airbender Book 1
Which was goona star Jesse McCartney as Prince Zuko, but will star the Patel from Slumdog Millionaire cause the movie as ethnic influence but no ethic cast.

Book remakes to come
Where The Wild Things Grow

Didn't the Japanese make a live action movie once? I don't recall anyone saying that was the greatest movie ever made either. Problem is the story just doesn't translate to live action movies well, little 11 year old boy going around cracking skulls open globe trotting looking for magic balls. Great for an anime or manga....... live action not so much.

[quote name='coolsteel']Didn't the Japanese make a live action movie once? I don't recall anyone saying that was the greatest movie ever made either. Problem is the story just doesn't translate to live action movies well, little 11 year old boy going around cracking skulls open globe trotting looking for magic balls. Great for an anime or manga....... live action not so much.[/quote]
The Chinese, not Japanese.

On a good note, Dragonball Kai should be coming out in Japan this year. Which is retelling of Dragonball Z, but now where as long.

Someone posted the movie on youtube a few days ago (where it stayed for about half the day).

Hollywood is crazy, I'm starting to think the sequel will be about Goku meeting his son from the future to warn him of the threat of the Saiyans!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Someone posted the movie on youtube a few days ago (where it stayed for about half the day).

Hollywood is crazy, I'm starting to think the sequel will be about Goku meeting his son from the future to warn him of the threat of the Saiyans![/quote]

That was Trunks, and it was the androids :lol:

i would rather see freza as the bad girl and will he change his hair when he does his level up thing. would be hot. and how would the dragon look once they get all the balls?

[quote name='FISSIONMAILEDGF']...Somewhere Akira Toriyama hangs his head in shame. :cry:[/quote]
While sitting on his throne of cash.

[quote name='bardockkun']While sitting on his throne of cash.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Pretty much. He probably swims in money like Uncle Scrooge.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Saw it. It's quite possibly the worst movie ever.[/quote]

Nothing is as bad as Street Fighter with Jean-Claude Van Damme. Nothing.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Nothing is as bad as Street Fighter with Jean-Claude Van Damme. Nothing.[/quote]

What!? I thought G.I.Joe.. I mean, street fighter was a cool movie. ;) Besides, anything from Uwe Boll clearly takes the cake - makes a movie of the cake, then shyts on the cake.

bread's done
Back