Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies - For Liquid Metal we would Slime!

download takes but a few seconds, so getting them all would just add to that, say maybe a minute, but probably less.

I think you'd have to play at least another couple hours to get to the tavern and unlock it.

I spent a ridiculous amount of time playing DQ IX. It's one of those games that's easy to get addicted to. The amount of equipment there is to collect and all the sidequests add tons of hours of gameplay. I would also highly recomment Dragon Quest VI for the DS. It's a port of the SNES version, so it's not quite as good graphically, but it's still a lot of fun.

[quote name='johnnypark']Any time you connect you download all available quests that have been released.[/QUOTE]
How do you download quests? Where do you go in game to do it? Sorry about dumb question.

[quote name='mickeyp']How do you download quests? Where do you go in game to do it? Sorry about dumb question.[/QUOTE]
Talk to Sellma in the Quester's Rest in Stornway.

I'm kinda mad that I just found out that you could visit the DQVC without going online. I've had the game since Day 1 -_-'

For those of you that still read this, I need some team advice. My planned team is a Mage/Paladin/Priest/Gladiator, which I think will give me a pretty good variety. However, my Hero has 100 in swords and 100 in martial artist ability. Would it be extremely stupid of me to turn him into the mage? I already have my Paladin/Priest/Gladiator started, and I figured maybe the agility points from being a martial artist would help the mage out. Just looking for advice, I have all the party members in the low 30s range with 6 fyggs collected, so I'm close to the end of the game.

Personally, I found that offensive magic wasn't as effective as regular strikes in general. If you already have priest, paladin, and glaidator characters then you're in good shape. I went with an armamentalist for my Hero. He buffed the rest of the pary (mostly the gladiator and paladin) as needed for boss fights, and could also deal pretty good damage himself in regular battles.

I decided to revocate my entire party to level 1 and just start from the beginning with upgraded equipment and I quickly found myself at level 7 in about 20 minutes. I just have to keep zooming to places where I know enemies are stronger than me and I should be at level 20 or so within a couple of hours.

[quote name='Backlash']Personally, I found that offensive magic wasn't as effective as regular strikes in general. If you already have priest, paladin, and glaidator characters then you're in good shape. I went with an armamentalist for my Hero. He buffed the rest of the pary (mostly the gladiator and paladin) as needed for boss fights, and could also deal pretty good damage himself in regular battles.[/QUOTE]

That's not a bad idea. Having that agility from the MA skill would be helpful because it would guarantee the buffs would occur before my teammates even attack eh?

There definitely isn't anything special about them. They do carry unique equipment (not good equipment, though), so you can get them in your party, steal their stuff, and then drop them again just to pad out your percentages.

Wow what an amazing thread. I love DQ more than any other series, its bypassed final fantasy in a huge way for me...i still love final fantasy but DQ just has something special, i love that they stick to the roots.

Heres a question guys, about post game...can one get by with a classic build or at least a party that is varied? Im not sure how it varies from past post games like that of DQ8 for instance, but i noticed alot of people on other forums sort of built a party of all warriors or something which isnt exactly how i like to roll...how manageable is it to get through post game with a classic party?

Anyone have suggested partys they roll with by chance for post game?

The only things in the post game where you definitely need a specialized party are the legacy bosses. Otherwise, you're probably good with a balanced group, provided you're a decently high level and you've been loading up on skills/skill points. Definitely get a sage and max them out as soon as you can.

I have a feeling they're not really the type of party you have in mind, but here are the two setups I used most in the post game:

3 rangers/priest - Rangers are probably the best all-around class, with decent attack, Zing, and the highest deftness in the game, which is good for stealing. The only thing they can't do is Multiheal, so I add a priest.
3 gladiators/priest - When you just need to kill everything as fast as possible, go with gladiators. This works well for legacy bosses up to the 30s-40s.

bread's done
Back