Dragon Quest VIII demo + keychain for free inside

Msia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Saw this on Gaming-Age, any west coast CAGs want to hook some of us east coast people up?

Edit:

http://www.dragonquest8.com/register.php

Guides:

Regular Edition

BradyGames’ Dragon Quest VIII Official Strategy Guide includes the following:

A walkthrough highlighting various aspects of the gameplay.
Detailed maps of every region.
Thorough coverage of all characters, spells, skills and items.
Expert boss strategies to defeat even the toughest boss monster, and ultimately Dhoulmagus.
In-depth bestiary of all monsters.
Signature Series guide includes an exclusive poster, bonus content and more!

Limited Edition

BradyGames’ Dragon Quest VIII Limited Edition Strategy Guide includes the following:

A walkthrough highlighting various aspects of the gameplay.
Detailed maps of every region.
Thorough coverage of all characters, spells, skills and items.
Expert boss strategies to defeat even the toughest boss monster, and ultimately Dhoulmagus.
In-depth bestiary of all monsters.
Limited Edition guide includes an exclusive artbook, poster, bonus content and more!

[quote name='tcm']I got 2 Slimes. A see-through Pink and a blue one with Orange Hair. I really want the king :([/QUOTE]

i got the king... a big ol' amber slime with a crown. very cool.

Got mine yesterday. A trio of small slimes on one keychain, and an amber blob slime with a smile that looks like a hershey kiss. :)

[quote name='Dainbramaged']For anyone who doesn't think they'll be getting one or anyone who just can't get enough and wants more, try looking here. http://www.wizzywig.com/xcart/catalog/Dragon-Quest-Dragon-Warrior-p-1-c-315.html They have the slimes assortment and another assortment of keychains with various monsters.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the link. everybody can use this chart to see what each of us received.

image.php

they sent me #9 and #11 :)

[quote name='Dainbramaged']For anyone who doesn't think they'll be getting one or anyone who just can't get enough and wants more, try looking here. http://www.wizzywig.com/xcart/catalog/Dragon-Quest-Dragon-Warrior-p-1-c-315.html They have the slimes assortment and another assortment of keychains with various monsters.[/QUOTE]

Wizzywig's is a great store. If you are near Ann Arbor you should stop in. :D

There are pretty much the same keychains as Wizzywig's has. Saved me $4-5 this way :D

I listed my sister's email and even clicked the link but didn't sign her up thinking I shouldn't ask for a second demo to be sent to the same address. Now I may never get the keychains...

[quote name='Slayzz']I think she have to sign up for the demo disk in order for you to get keychain.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I sent it to my wife's account, but she deleted the email (thinking it was spam) before I told her about it, so no keychain for me. But that's ok - I actually wanted to try the demo. Which I still haven't gotten around to :(

Is there a number I can call to complain? I know it's free and all, but complaining often gets results. I'm going to buy the game anyway, and I just wanted the keychain, not the demo.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Is there a number I can call to complain? I know it's free and all, but complaining often gets results. I'm going to buy the game anyway, and I just wanted the keychain, not the demo.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like people are still getting them so there's time you may get one... and if you did call I'd bet they pull the good old "while supplies last" thing.

[quote name='viewtiful7']It sounds like people are still getting them so there's time you may get one... and if you did call I'd bet they pull the good old "while supplies last" thing.[/QUOTE]

Ya, the "while supplies last" thing is why I'd want to do it now, in case they still have them. I figure it would have shipped by now, so it's either not in the mail or on its way. This way, if it's not in the mail, I have an outside shot of getting one shipped out.

I got my keychain a couple days ago. They sent my demo like 1 month ago and i finally got the keychain. I got ugly Slimes.

Finally got my keychains. Nice of them to send 2 in one little treasure box. Looks like I got numbers 19 and 21. Too bad I didn't get #5, I always loved good old metal slime.
the coward...

ha ha ha, I haven't even received the demo yet. If they even sent it to me at all, I'll probably already have the full game by then. :?

Got mines maybe a week ago. Blue seashell and green jellyish. Got to admit, it made my day better (pretty crappy since Hurricane Wilma ran me over and I just got power back). Odd though, since I got the keychains but no demo.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Got mines maybe a week ago. Blue seashell and green jellyish. Got to admit, it made my day better (pretty crappy since Hurricane Wilma ran me over and I just got power back). Odd though, since I got the keychains but no demo.[/QUOTE]

Thats weird as I got my demo weeks ago, but no keychain. Who knows what squaresoft is doing.

[quote name='pthagonal']Still waiting for the keychain and starting to doubt I will ever get one. :([/QUOTE]

my sentiments too, but i did get a slip of attempted delivery on a delivery confirmation package. but i doubt it's the keychain, they prob wouldn't do DC. i imagine it's the KH: CoM complete + strat guide i won a couple weeks ago for like $20.

I don't think I'm getting the keychain... I did send out the invite to my brother but he didn't click the link to sign up. That's probably why people aren't getting the keychains.

That sucks... I don't even remember seeing anything that said the person had to sign up.:whistle2:(

Just got my keychains today to. I got one with the white shell and one that looks like a jellyfish. I ended up getting two demos under different names, maybe i'll end up with another keychain set.

[quote name='FoeHammer']Have you guys seen the prices these are going for on ebay. Cool.[/QUOTE]

It's nice that you can actually make 5 dollars profit on something that was free, but my army of slimes is staying put with me (It's nice to have friends that don't give a crap about RPGs, but will help you get free crap)

They sent me another box of slime. I wonder if it's because the first time I clicked my own referal link my comp faulted and I had to do it again. Could that mean, then, that the person doesn't need to sign up? Mysterious.

Ya! I finally got mine today... I got a green slime and a jelly fish looking one with blue tentacles. Thought I missed the boat, so it made my night as well.

Oh I got the game too the other day, pretty sweet so far.

Hot damn! got mine in the mail today! Had to sign my friend up, but whatever. I got a blue bat slime and a clear slime with brown spots.

After getting my demo the other day, I finally got my keychain slimes in the mail. I got a large orange one and three small ones (blue, purple, and yellow) Woot!

I already had a set before (Blue Seashell and Green Jellyfish), but I got another one today, and it was the Blue King Slime! The exact slime and even color I wanted! After having gotten this cool stuff, it makes me realize how lucky we all are that CAG exists, for without it, alot of us wouldn't have known about this. So to CAG, I say thank you. And just to let you know (if you care or not), the demo, which all stores around me seemed to have run out of, has made me decide to get DQ8. Here's a pic of all my free DQ8 stuff (only have 2 demos because I think the first two got lost in the mail when Hurricane Wilma ran me over:

yay, got my demo. no slimes, but my fault for not making sure the friend part went through. i did try a "do-over" with an alt email addy for the slimes, but not sure that will pan out.

Darn, I wish i signed up someone else to get a slime thing. I only went for the demo which i got about a month ago. :)

bread's done
Back