Dragon's Crown for PS3 (49.99) and Vita (39.99) - 8/6/2013

you can just summon storm and itll reflect all those green orbs he shoots back at him. i used slow, blaze, storm and thunderbolt and he was easy peasy. also, if you keep running outta lives, go pray at the shrine for +3 lives.

Prayers for extra lives do not work with the Ancient Dragon battle. Anyway, just wanted to write that the amnesia elixir is farmable at level 99 of the LoC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty much giving up on this got pretty bored might pick it up again down the road but getting 30$ for it  makes it a nice rental for me.

I am pretty much giving up on this got pretty bored might pick it up again down the road but getting 30$ for it makes it a nice rental for me.
what else you gotta do? i just gotta do one more speed run and i have plat. not sure ill keep it. maybe i can sell it with the artbook for more than $30.

I've played this game for 30 hours now (PS Vita) and I could easily see myself spending well over 100 trying to get the platinum trophy, I haven't even played online yet. I love this game, the art is gorgeous and I'm very happy to have snagged an art book. These are going on the shelf when I eventually tire of them, there's no way I'm selling. 

i platted it in 65 hours. so 100 hours might be a little long, although i did speed run through the other 5 play throughs with my level 99 wizard as player 2. something you cant do on the vita.

yeah plus I'm definitely taking my time with it. So far I've got a level 40 amazon and a level 17 sorceress. Kinda wanna grind up the amazon and do some high level stuff and play online before starting on the wizard or the elf. But it's on hold for the moment as I'm playing Killer is Dead for review. 

Well, this game is officially my GOTY.  Refreshing and unique with incredible artwork and gameplay to boot.  Absolutely love the Elf and the skill-based air-cancel combos.  This game is like MvC2 meets Gauntlet and I can't get enough.  Just hit 33 screwing around with all the side quests I can while getting the nine amulets before going online to grind some.  What is the level cap on normal: 50?

Also, the update today made it even better by auto-looting hidden treasures instead of having to click them anymore which is a great improvement.

Well, this game is officially my GOTY.  Refreshing and unique with incredible artwork and gameplay to boot.  Absolutely love the Elf and the skill-based air-cancel combos.  This game is like MvC2 meets Gauntlet and I can't get enough.  Just hit 33 screwing around with all the side quests I can while getting the nine amulets before going online to grind some.  What is the level cap on normal: 50?

Also, the update today made it even better by auto-looting hidden treasures instead of having to click them anymore which is a great improvement.
did they finally fix the broken online coop, it was barely playabale online with all the lag, and disconnect

From the notes, they improved co-op stability but I've yet to ever try online so IDK.  Could give it a shot and find out.

I haven't started playing yet. Is it as good as Odin Sphere? That game grew on me even though I disliked it at first.
This game definitely grew on me, it was kinda boring at first, but once you unlock the online functionality, it opens up. I bought it to co-op with a friend, but since he's been offline, it's actually not bad playing with randoms.

I'm collecting the talismans now, so if anybody want to make a run, I"m a lvl 22 sorceress that's still getting used to it, add me online. My ID is: AngColette. (just add mention cag in the request)

This game definitely grew on me, it was kinda boring at first, but once you unlock the online functionality, it opens up. I bought it to co-op with a friend, but since he's been offline, it's actually not bad playing with randoms.

I'm collecting the talismans now, so if anybody want to make a run, I"m a lvl 22 sorceress that's still getting used to it, add me online. My ID is: AngColette. (just add mention cag in the request)
are you on ps3 or vita?

New Patch Will Allow PS3 and PS Vita Cross Platform Multiplayer

One of the few flaws of Vanillaware’s Dragon’s Crown is that it didn’t allow cross platform gameplay between players using the PS3 and PS Vita version. Luckily, that’s going to change with the patch released today in Japan, and that will probably follow soon on the North American version. At long last we’ll be able to play with our friends regardless of the platform they’re using.

Here are the full patch notes.

Improved stability under certain circumstances.
Cross-play is now possible for co-op gameplay, matching players with the PS3 and PS vita versions.
It’s now possible to set a on/off toggle to protect items so that they’re not accidentally sold or discarded.
In the “Game Setting 2″ screen is now possible to toggle NPC joining on and off.
The behavior and effects of the skills of each class has been adjusted.
Conditions for matching in the Labyrinth of Chaos has been relaxed. Now it’s possible to join regardless of the number of rounds.
Other tweaks have been implemented in order to improve the system across the board and comfort of operation.

src

Glad they relaxed the matching on LoC but even after the patch it never finds a game for me to join. Shame too because I love this frigging game but LoC is the only thing I have left and bots are completely useless 99% of the time in LoC and my Amazonian can only do so much.

"Dragon’s Crown Gets New Patch, “Ultimate” Difficulty, Raises Cap to Level 255, Opens New Dungeon"

Atlus just released a new patch of the PS3/PS Vita side scrolling JRPG Dragon’s Crown, bringing quite a few interesting new elements to the game. Here are the full patch notes:

[Bug Fix]
Improved operational stability under certain circumstances.

[Added Features]
If you clear the ninth level of the Labyrinth of Chaos you can now select the “ultimate”  level of difficulty at the temple.
When you’re playing on “ultimate” you can access the new automatically generated dungeon “Sky Road of Dreams.”
On “ultimate” difficulty the level cap has been raised from level 99 to level 255.
Both the up arrows and the L button can now be individually used as item shortcuts.
Damage can now be displayed as a total number.
Silhouettes can now be displayed on the foreground to improve visibility.
On a save game with a cleared game it’s possible to skip the initial phase of the story with new characters and start with the search for the talismans.
It’s possible to skip quests that have already been completed once.

[Operational Improvements]
Adjusted skill effects and actions for each class.
Adjusted behavior of NPCs.
Adjusted effects and rules of equipment and items in the Arena.
Made all round improvements to the system in order to enhance operability and ease of use.
That’s definitely a big patch, and those that loved the game like me will now have two and a half as many levels worth of progression. We’ll have to see just how nightmarish the new level of difficulty will be.

It’s worth mentioning that for the moment the patch has been released only in Japan, but Atlus USA is normally quite quick at localizing them.

Src

In case anyone missed it (though it is mentioned in Frisky's PSN sale threads), Dragon's Crown (digital version) is on sale for 17.49 (same price for Vita and PS3, but not cross-buy), through Monday 3/3/14. Since I really love the game and want to support the devs, I double-dipped and bought both versions (already had the retail ones). Really love having it on the Vita digitally, can play anytime without changing the cart!

Yea, I picked it up for the Vita despite owning (and not playing it yet) on the PS3. I think I will get more use out of it on there.

Dragon’s Crown Is Headed To PlayStation 4 According Leaked TGS 2017 Banner
Dragons-_Crown-_PS4-_Ver-_Leak_09-14-17.jpg

-

Another remaster, but I can not wait to play this one again.  :whee:

I'd love to pick up Dragon's Crown, but Masamune on Vita is still a smoldering check on my gaming pile of shame list that I haven't played yet. 

Huh, this one got dropped by me because another game came out too close to it and I never got a chance to go back. Definitely need to play this one again, this time to max level.

unless they add new characters, bosses and stages, its kinda pointless for me to play through this again. good for people who skipped out on the ps3 version though.

bread's done
Back