Drill Dozer is good. Play it.

I picked this up on friday, and don't regret it one bit. I was only skeptical about their ability to keep it interesting and fun as the levels progress, and they have done so amazingly well. Anyone who's trying to decide, believe the hype and pick it up.

Got this yesterday. I'm only 1/2 way through the art museum section but it's a great time so far. The rumble cart is perfect for a game like this. Totally worth the price of admission!

I picked it up yesterday, and let my son (who just turned 6) play it today. I was too busy today to play it myself. He really likes it but keeps getting stuck and handing it to me. There's nothing quite like getting a GBA shoved at you while you are trying to work and being asked to solve some problem in a game you haven't yet even looked at :D. All I get so far is there is a bunch of R-clicking :lol: - he doesn't quite have a handle on clicking R, letting go, and clicking again (multiple gears?), though I think he's figuring it out. And he did beat the first boss all by himself (at least I assume there was a boss - he cleared the first stage anyway).

On a completely unrelated note - your family might just be playing too many video games when your son (my other one who is 3) tells his mother to stop singing a particular song to him in the car because he "hasn't unlocked that in Mario yet".

Why are EB and GS selling DD for $35 when BB and CC (and everyone else, apparently) selling it for $30? I have EB credit to spend and I was seriously thinking about DD but not for $35.

Maybe I'll just hold onto my credit for Metroid Prime Hunters.

[quote name='lebowsky']Why are EB and GS selling DD for $35 when BB and CC (and everyone else, apparently) selling it for $30? I have EB credit to spend and I was seriously thinking about DD but not for $35.

Maybe I'll just hold onto my credit for Metroid Prime Hunters.[/QUOTE]
Same reason they're selling Tales of Phantasia for $5 more than everyone else, apparently.

Finally got this game... its getting a ton of praise, yet it got completely ignored by almost everyone else.

I'm very anxious and eager to try it out, not even Nintendo promoted it at all.

Almost got this at Target, because the price sticker said $19.99. Turns out they had put the game in the wrong spot! :bomb: They also had the same thing going for Wavebirds; in the $19.99 spot. Stupid Target!

[quote name='Rig']Almost got this at Target, because the price sticker said $19.99. Turns out they had put the game in the wrong spot! :bomb: They also had the same thing going for Wavebirds; in the $19.99 spot. Stupid Target![/QUOTE]

If you'd made a big enough fuss about it, I'm sure the manager would have given it to you.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']If you'd made a big enough fuss about it, I'm sure the manager would have given it to you.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so... whenever Target does that, it's not like they put up a sign that says "Drill Dozer - 19.99!" by accident. The price tags always have the name of a different game on them. Very different scenario than the infamous $99 DS catalog pricing from a while back.

[quote name='NamErehWon']I got this a couple days ago when I picked up Polarium. The first extra level you can get is a lesson in torture.[/QUOTE]

That first extra level is indeed torture. I was swearing profusely trying to finish that damn level. Now I can complete it pretty easily.

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']That first extra level is indeed torture. I was swearing profusely trying to finish that damn level. Now I can complete it pretty easily.[/QUOTE]
They don't get any easier, if my roommate's unending yelps of pain are any indication...

Just beat this today (just the normal game, not the crazy extra levels). Holy cow, fun time. Everyone should play this game. Easily oine the better games to come out in the last few years.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']As soon as I can find it for 20, I'll pick it up. Until then, though, I just don't have the cash. =[[/QUOTE]

I think I'll revive this old thread and let people know that Drill Dozer is now $8.99 at circuit city and online at BB for 9.99. I got it and it's great so far. Nothing more satisfying than getting your drill into third gear and ripping somebody a new one. It's not as pretty as a DS game but it's still damn fun. Plus you can save anytime unlike a certain other game = *Cough* New Super Mario *Cough*.

[quote name='wageslave']Plus you can save anytime unlike a certain other game = *Cough* New Super Mario *Cough*.[/QUOTE]

I am really liking this game, and the save anytime is great. Also, Drill Dozer is $9.99 at BB B&M if you can find it locally. Definitely a must have, and probably the must underrated/unknown GBA game out there.

[quote name='Roufuss']It looks ok... I'm not sure why Nintendo has shoved this one through with 0 advertising, though.

Makes me think it will price drop eventually.[/QUOTE]

Nostradamus, right here.

I'll add my voice to the many who are singing Drill Dozer's praises. "La la la!" :) Great game. I enjoyed every moment of it and I'll be going back to play through it again when I finish my backlog of games.

[quote name='Hollow Man']IS the rumble pack too large and annoying in the DS Lite?

-HM[/quote]

Yeah, this game might be better suited back on the ol' SP.

Can someone tell me any reasons why this game didn't get perfect scores? [not rhetorical] Sorry if I sound anal sounding.

Is it just because it's not a DS game?

Thanks in advance.

Ya, it's pretty good. I also thought it starts off a little slow. I got it because I read through this thread a while ago. I'm sure a lot of others did too.

Picked it up today - can't resist under $10 for a game that people here say is good.

Works fine in the DS Lite. At first I was worried that the rumble would make the darn Lite feel like it was going to come apart, but it's more of a mild vibration than a rumble.

It only sticks out a little farther than a GBA cartridge, so if those don't bother you, it's unlikely this will.

Oh, and the game seems fun so far.

-HM

It looks simply awesome on the DS lite. I got it during the Circuit City sale, along with Mario Golf, FF4, and Sigma Star Saga.

...Drill Dozer is the only one of them I've played after the day I got them =^o.o^=

Got this today at BB for $9.99 after reading all the hype it's getting here...

You guys'll pay if I don't like it! :p

Man, this month has been hell on the 'ol wallet for games!!!

[quote name='keithp']
Man, this month has been hell on the 'ol wallet for games!!![/QUOTE]

You got that right! Picked up Drill Doser at BB today also, then back to CC to see if I could find any left overs. Dropped another $20 over there. This has got to stop.

It's the lovechild of Mega Man and Mr. Driller.

Or something.

Awesome game, but it certainly has some of the worst music on the GBA. Blech.

I like the game alot, but why must the same high pitched tune play throughout the rest of the level EVERYTIME you pick up the third gear? Im forced to turn sound off at that point.

I finished it the other day (bought it months ago at full price) and it is an excellent game. The water level was painful but I hate water levels in platformers in general - they tend to slow down the action way too much.

After beating the game and starting the extra levels, I realize that the controls could use a little more tweaking. They definitely have an "old school" type of response. If they were as responsive as say, Super Princess Peach, I would have liked it even more.

After seeing the enthusiastic X-play review I knew I wanted this. I kept an eye out for it during the CC sale but no luck. Someday...

I hadn't noticed until reading this thread it was published by Nintendo. There must be some political reason they've put nearly no marketing behind this title. Perhaps they had an obligation to Game Freak to publish a non-Pokemon title in exchange for their continued work on the series.

They created a pretty nice site for the game but who would know it's there?

[quote name='epobirs']After seeing the enthusiastic X-play review I knew I wanted this. I kept an eye out for it during the CC sale but no luck. Someday...
[/QUOTE]

"I love to drill things. I love to drill things, hard" See, that alone would have been a great marketing campaign. ;)

I too just started playing it after getting it at Best Buy last week.

I don't think it's hard yet, and so far the controls are fine.

I'm only on like the 3rd or 4th mission so my verdict's still out right now, but I'm interested to see how they keep it from being boring with new play mechanics throughout the rest of the game.

I just got it too. It is pretty fun, and I'm liking it quite a bit so far. It's nice to play something original from Nintendo rather than the hundred different versions of Mario they like to put out.

Picked this game up at BB for $10 a week ago (on this forum's recommendation, thanks guys!) and I have been playing it ever since. Well worth the $10, i'd even pay full retail for this. Its such a fun platformer!

It is a nice game that could have been something really special with a little bit extra. I found that it was a bit too repetative at times. I have it and just got bored after a while goign through the same puzzles over and over again.

I think a DS version could help that. Adding the touch screen ability to it woudl be cool. Also adding a sort of multiplayer/co-op portion would be awesome. I want more variety in puzzle design though with the levels.

Grabbed this at Best Buy. It seems pretty good. I like the rumble, and I expected the cartridge to be bigger, like Wario Ware Twisted or something, but it's just a little long.

i just opened mine from like a month ago from the CC sale :lol:...right away the graphics reminded me of those warioware sprites...game is pretty decent so far (only played the first level) and i'm looking forward to more fun!

bread's done
Back