Duke Nukem Forever Teaser Trailer--Hail to the King, baby

How fucking long have they "been working" on this game? yeah. :roll:

Even then I hate developers that do these kind of worthless "teasers"... Work on the fucking game not show me that you can render shit.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Honestly, they should just remake the first game using the Unreal engine. They can get that out in less than a year..at least we get something.[/quote]

Hopefully we get something like this for XBLA! Duke Nukem has been rumored ever since DOOM came out.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hopefully we get something like this for XBLA! Duke Nukem has been rumored ever since DOOM came out.[/QUOTE]

Duke 3d on live? Heck I still have my Duke 3d disc (that I bought from microcenter a few years ago for 99 cents!!) You know if they remade the sprites to higher resolution ones and made it voice over live in multiplayer...this game would truly be the time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Does make me wonder though... will Microsoft demand the removal of the sexual contents of the game?

It's too bad it's still a pain to get Duke 3d to work over the internet, but if Duke 3d did come to Live, I would buy it.

Wow, that trailer was ok for a teaser, but Duke himself looks pretty bad. His hair looks PS1 quality. At least they showed game looking stuff this time unlike that pic of a Duke figure that they claimed was a screenshot :lol:

Updated the main post with video links.

I'm just happy to know that they are actually doing something with the game.

All I want is a time-line and an explanation on why on earth it took so long.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hopefully we get something like this for XBLA! Duke Nukem has been rumored ever since DOOM came out.[/quote]

Duke for XBLA would be fucking awesome. Though, it'd need the ship and castle level from the N64 version.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Duke for XBLA would be fucking awesome. Though, it'd need the ship and castle level from the N64 version.[/QUOTE]

They should also include the Plutonium Pack stuff and whatever shit the official expansions had. I can live without Duke in DC...

[quote name='whoknows']Wow, that trailer was ok for a teaser, but Duke himself looks pretty bad. His hair looks PS1 quality. At least they showed game looking stuff this time unlike that pic of a Duke figure that they claimed was a screenshot :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well what do you expect when you have been working on the game since the PS1 days?!?!?!?

Seriously, this trailer needed a flashing shot of a stripper club with some pole action.

[quote name='Chacrana']They should also include the Plutonium Pack stuff and whatever shit the official expansions had. I can live without Duke in DC...[/quote]

Ahem, you mean, "Duke it out in DC." Yeah, that shit's the bomb.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Ahem, you mean, "Duke it out in DC." Yeah, that shit's the bomb.[/QUOTE]

Mayng, whatever. I just remember there was that, some tropical island shit, the Plutonium Pack, a few randomly generated level packs that had like 100 levels, and some other shit. That's probably the last game where they raped the shit out of you with copious expansions.

[quote name='Chacrana']Mayng, whatever. I just remember there was that, some tropical island shit, the Plutonium Pack, a few randomly generated level packs that had like 100 levels, and some other shit. That's probably the last game where they raped the shit out of you with copious expansions.[/quote]
Yeah, expansions that were just developed by different 3rd party companies. I remember downloading usermaps and playing through them. I even played with a friend down the street using the broke ass mutliplayer connection. We later upgraded to gamespy and such.

My favorite part about usermaps is probably the randomly thrown in pr0n pic, or like pics of the creator and their friends.

Man, I never had anyone else that played FPSes back then, so I was without teh multiplayer Duke sessions. I still thought it was really cool back in the day though just because the guy swore a lot.

The teaser is exciting, but his voice sucked.

I can't imagine that will be his final voice; it sounded like someone imitating Duke's original voice.

For those dissappointed in the teaser, just watch this (old but still great):

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=IE3KdcTgrno[/media]

[quote name='mrelusive']For those dissappointed in the teaser, just watch this (old but still great):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IE3KdcTgrno[/quote]
lolowlsj6.jpg

[quote name='Brak']The teaser is exciting, but his voice sucked.

I can't imagine that will be his final voice; it sounded like someone imitating Duke's original voice.[/quote]
It is the original voice actor, Jon St. John, I guess it's just been a while since he had to do Duke.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']It is the original voice actor, Jon St. John, I guess it's just been a while since he had to do Duke.[/QUOTE]
Are you positive?

It sounded pretty tur'ble.

[quote name='Brak']Are you positive?

It sounded pretty tur'ble.[/quote]
"The trailer features the work of longtime Duke voice actor Jon St. John as well as prolific game composers Jeremy and Julian Soule."

Although, I thought it sounded a bit off as well.

I thought Duke looked great, but seemed like it was pre-rendered. The other stuff seemed like it was in-game but I thought it looked like crap. And sounds like Duke has a massive head cold.

Well I thought it was decent. It didn't blow my mind but I still have a small place for duke in my heart.

It's crazy that there are sure to be some teemagers who have no idea who duke nukem is since this game has been delayed for so long.

I'm glad they released something, but really, the original trailer from about 8 years ago was way more exciting/interesting. Even w/ it's dated graphics, I'd still love to play the game that was in that old trailer.

And yeah, his voice sounds like shit.

IIRC, Duke Nukem 3D wasn't the pretiest of games when it came out either (still using the Doom engine when Quake came out just a few months afterwards). But it was still a boat-load of fun.

Who gives a shit about the graphics if they can still deliver on the formula that made the first FPS DN great?

Dudes, I'm tellin' ya- it's never coming out. I think this is some sort of Developer inside joke, and all the gaming world is at the butt-end of it.

Carrot + Stick= Laughs

Can you imagine having to update a game which you may/not have already been in production with every year as tech gets more and more advanced.

All I know is that first DN 3D on my 586...mmm mmm mmm. So good. Shame they never gave Army of Darkness due/proper credit.

[quote name='Kendal']I hope it supports mods for the PS3 version. That would be cool.[/quote]

Could you imagine if it was a PS3 exclusive? The systems sold for that would be crazy.

[quote name='mrelusive']IIRC, Duke Nukem 3D wasn't the pretiest of games when it came out either (still using the Doom engine when Quake came out just a few months afterwards). But it was still a boat-load of fun.

Who gives a shit about the graphics if they can still deliver on the formula that made the first FPS DN great?[/quote]

Duke3d was never a Doom engine game. It used an engine called Build. Build went on to make such classics as Shadow Warrior, Blood and Redneck Rampage.

LOL I just did a search on YouTube and it brough back trailers for this game from 1998 and 2001, on top of the 2007 'teaser'.

The rate this game is going, it IS going to take 'forever' before it's released. Although, I liked Duke more as a third person shooter on the PS1.

[quote name='ITDEFX']not when you have been waiting 10 years for him to come :)[/QUOTE]

...must..resist..making..gay joke...
:bomb:

(But on a side note, if he doesn't come within 2 hours, I'm gone)

Damnit.

I think I played the N64 game with Mr Duke. I believe I enjoyed it...but it's been such a long time!

[quote name='meesterjojo']Could you imagine if it was a PS3 exclusive? The systems sold for that would be crazy.[/quote]

I want all the crazy nudie levels that people made for D3D. I played those crappy levels more than the game I paid for. I was a perv back then too.

[quote name='meesterjojo']Could you imagine if it was a PS3 exclusive? The systems sold for that would be crazy.[/quote]

But but but but what about those with waggle control on the Wii? Don't they count too?

Honestly, I don't see WHY devs/pubs would wanna limit their audience by making anything 'exclusive', unless it's a timed exclusive.

bread's done
Back