DVD Boxset deals at Big Lots Warner Bros, Hanna Barbera season sets $3, $6, and $10

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Trade thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231128

Big Azz sale at Big Lots on Warner Bros. sets (with some Hanna Barbera cartoons, and a spot of HBO DVDs) Originally the sale was only for 6 dollar sets, as advertised in their circular ad, but now they've added $3 and $10 sets. (These $3 and $10 sets, while currently ringing up at the correct prices, are supposed to be withheld for the 07/26 sales ad, which would explain why there may be trouble seeing them early, depending on your store)

Here are the boxsets seperated by price group.

$3

Adventures of Superman [Live action from '50s] (multiple seasons noted, need specifics)
Appleseed ExMachina 2 disc Steelcase
Batman the Animated Series volume 1 and Superman (90s cartoon) volume 1 bundled together
Batman the Animated Series (volumes 1, 3, 4)
Batman Beyond (Seasons 2, 3)
Best of Larry King interviews
Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines complete series
Everwood season 1
Flintstones (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Johnny Quest season 1
Josie and the Pussy Cats complete series
Mission Hill complete series
Murphy Brown season 1 (price needs confirmation)
New Adventures of Lois and Clark (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4)
Pebbles and Bam-Bam show complete series
Perils of Penelope Pitstop
Popeye the Sailor 1933-1938 shorts collection
Power Puff Girls complete series
Space Ghost and Dino Boy complete series
Superman four disc SE
Tales from the Crypt (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Tom and Jerry three disc set
Top Cat complete series
Veronica Mars season 2
Wacky Races complete series
War at Home season 1

$6

Animaniacs (volumes 1, 2, 3)
Babylon 5 movie collection
Blade: The Complete Series
Dallas (seasons 1+2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Drew Carey season 1
Dukes of Hazard (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
ER (seasons 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Friends (Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Full House (seasons 5, 6)
History of Rock and Roll
Jamie Fox Show (select seasons)
Joey season 1
Justice League (two pack and three pack of episodes spotted)
Knots Landing season 1 (also select seasons)
Lakers' Championship
Life Goes On season 1
Loonatics Unleashed season 1
Looney Tunes short spotlight collection volume 2 (not the normal big set, this is something smaller with half the content)
NFL Inside the Vault
Night Court season 1
Nightmares and Dreamscapes
:br: Nip Tuck season 4 (also on :dvd:)
The OC (seasons 2, 3)
Pinky and the Brain (volumes 1, 2)
Pro Football Hall of Fame: 85 years of Greatness
Pup named Scooby Doo two-pack
Roots: 30th Anniversary
Roots: The Next Generation
Samurai Jack seasons 1-3 pack (entire series)
Scooby Doo season 3
Scooby Doo Best of New Scooby Doo Movies
Scooby Doo movie 5-pack
Scooby Doo Dynomutt Hour complete series
Scooby Doo/Tom and Jerry two pack movie set
Six Feet Under season 3 (also select seasons)
Smallville season 4 (also select seasons)
:br: Smallville (seasons 6, 7)
Southpark three pack [not full seasons]
Super Bowl Collections (I-X, XI-XX, XXI-XXX, XXXI-XL)
Super Friends (volume 1, volume 2)
Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show- The Complete series (13 episodes)
Thundercats (season 1 volume 1, season 1 volume 2, season 1 volume 3, season 2 volume 2)
Tracey Takes On (seasons 1, 2)
Wait till your Father Comes Home season 1
The West Wing season 2
Wonder Woman (complete series and invidual box sets of seasons spotted)

$10

IMAX movie collection
Looney Tunes Golden Collection 1-5 bundle
Looney Tunes movie collection (The Bugs Bunny/Road-Runner Movie, and 1001 Rabbit Tales)
Roots complete collection
Stanley Kubrick movie collection
Super Bowl collection (all four sets combined?)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ryoga79']Animal- Your PM box is full. I will pick up another Animaniacs V1 on the way home from work in the morning and mail it off for you (they still have like 7 left). What is your address?

The superbowl set is a SET, an big ass box with it looks like 5 games, I think. I forget the #s, but it's a few games and "10 hours of bonus footage" if I remember right (I only glanced at it).[/QUOTE]

The superbowl sets have ten years worth of highlights on them... Ive found ONE freaking store with any othf the stuff... and there was barely anything there... did get Animaniacs, Couple SB sets, the Scooby Season 3 and a few others...

Nice update, Sonic.

This thread needs to go front-page, but it should probably wait until the 11th to do so if we don't want 87 posts of "I didn't see any at mine".

Last edited by a moderator:
All right, fixed the OP with a complete list of what has been said in this thread, and a few things I've spotted myself. Lucky hunting everyone. I'm going to be checking Big Lots whenever I drive by one.

Please post any titles you've seen that aren't in the OP, and I'll update the list.

Even though this doesn't officially started yet, I'm going to still swing by on my way home from work tomorrow. I want those Animaniacs:)

The Scooby Doo boxset is actually called: The New Scooby Doo Movies. This is the season with actual REAL people as guest stars (Don Knotts, Mama Cass, etc) as well as inter HB Universe guests stars (Speed Buggy, Batman & Robin, Blue Falcon). These are NOT movies, but the "1 hour long" episodes that started after the original Scooby Doo series ended. Just might wanna add the correct title to the OP.

Also, I thought it was Smallville S7 on Blu, not S6.

i have also seen:

pup named scooby doo 2 packs
random scooby doo movie 2 packs (the newer ones)

i have also seen the following seasons of:
er 1,2,3,5,7,8,9
friends 1,2,4,7,8,9
dukes 1,2,3,4,6
dallas (no 2 pack though) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

[quote name='Animal7390']dallas (no 2 pack though) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8[/QUOTE]

Season 1&2 are one set, just like Seinfeld S1&2.

51l%2BcF5kGJL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I suppose they could have broken them apart, just like they did to Seinfeld S1 & S2...
51bMjO6VrTL._SL160_AA115_.jpg

Saw one lone copy of The West Wing Season 2 at the Chapel Hill Big Lots. That, and a crapload of copys of Roots: The Next Generation...

[quote name='ryoga79']The Scooby Doo boxset is actually called: The New Scooby Doo Movies. This is the season with actual REAL people as guest stars (Don Knotts, Mama Cass, etc) as well as inter HB Universe guests stars (Speed Buggy, Batman & Robin, Blue Falcon). These are NOT movies, but the "1 hour long" episodes that started after the original Scooby Doo series ended. Just might wanna add the correct title to the OP.

Also, I thought it was Smallville S7 on Blu, not S6.[/QUOTE]
Actually, the set is called The Best of The New Scooby Doo Movies.
;)

Point taken, it was 2 a.m last night and I was just in a huge rush. List updated with your two corrections, thanks!

I went back to my local Big Lots because I was on that end of town.

On June 30th, they had Wait 'Til Your Father Gets Home, the Scooby Doo Movies set, and Pinky and the Brain season 1.

Now, they have a little bit of everything except for Animaniacs. I picked up Pinky and the Brain season 2 and Drew Carey season 1. There were lots of randomly numbered seasons of other shows; I can remember:
-Dallas season 1+2
-The OC season 2
-Dukes of Hazard (no idea which season(s))
-Wonder Woman season 3
-Wonder Woman VHS boxset
-Pinky and the Brain season 2
-History of Rock 'n' Roll
-Superbowl set
-Roots: The Next Generation
-Friends seasons 4 and 5

...and lots of others that I can't remember anymore.

The only series I found at my BL were:
Tracey Takes On
Wait Till Father Gets Home

Also, a ton of $3 DVDs. Maybe they're actually holding off until the ad.

They had multiple copies of Thudercats Season 1 Set 1, and then one of the Season 1 set 2 dvds, a lot of scooby doos, Animanics, and Superbowls in Vidalia, Ga

I picked up the Smallville Blu-ray season 7 and the Blade Complete series. I didn't see any other Blu-ray.

I went to three of them today. The first was in Utica NY and of course it was picked over as it's right on the edge of the poor section of the city and it has high traffic of scum shopping there at all times. I can rarely catch a good bargain there. I managed to see 3 sets (Wonder Woman 3 pack and 2 Friends), all was in the wrong places scattered though the store.

Then I went to Rome NY, which is sorta in the middle of no where and they had about 10 sets total. I got 4 sets there. Then I went out to cowtown Oneida, NY and it was the motherload with lots of extra sets in stock! About 80 in total!!! If anyone lives in Central NY (Syracuse or Utica area), you may want to check out the Oneida store. They had several copies of each:

Animaniacs (volume 1, volume 2)
Blade: The Complete Series
Dallas (Seasons 6, 7, 8, 9)
Drew Carey season 1
Dukes of Hazard (seasons 2, 4, 5, 6)
ER (seasons 2, 3, 7, 9)
Friends (Seasons 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9)
Joey season 1
Nip Tuck season 4 (BLU RAY!)
The OC season 2
Pinky and the Brain (volume 1, volume 2)
Scooby Doo movie 5-pack
Super Friends: Challenge of the - First Season
Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show- The Complete series (13 episodes)
Thundercats (season 1 volume 1, season 2 volume 2)
The West Wing season 2
Various Super Bowl sets
History of R&R

Also one which was not mentioned before I think:
Night Court 1

Geez, this thread is going to have me hunting at Big Lots now. I really want those Animaniac and Pinky & The Brain sets. Are they just regular single DVDs, or are they in a somewhat bigger case? I wan't quite sure what to keep an eye out for. Sifting through the giant stacks of cases, I think it can be hard to find what your really looking for.

The two stores I checked out actually had alot of good dvds. One store seemed to be just putting out some new things. I saw some of the Scooby Doo double set movies, some of the superbowl stuff people were mentioning here. But, I'm trying to be good and not buy that much. I did pick up 1 DVD, Kaena: The Prophecy. It was... different. But for 3 dollars not too bad.

I guess I'll be heading back again, after the real date for all this stuff to come out happens.

Went to 2 BL by my house and both of them only had Dallas 4,5,6 and ER 6. Either they were picked clean or they haven't put it out yet. But at least i got Kevin Smith 2, so it wasn't a total lost.

I picked up:

Animaniacs vol. 2
Pinky and the Brain vol. 2 (only 1 I saw)
Dr. No for $3

I didn't see any copies of Animaniacs vol. 1. I was hoping to see a copy of Blade the series, but I didn't.

Oak Hill, WV
Last week I saw Thudercats Season 2 part 2, some scooby doo stuff, and a whole mess of Pinky and the Brain season 1.
This week all thats left is Pinky and The Brain stuff.

Picked up Samurai 7 vol. 3 & 4 for $6.

After I get some more money, im gonna hit up the Summersville, WV Big Lots and see what they got. I REALLY want animaniacs.

Went to my Big Lots, they only had The Super Bowl Collections. Wanted to get Animaniacs 1, 2 and Scooby Doo Season 3. If anyone finds them, and is willing to get them for me, I'll compensate accordingly

Finally found some of these at mine. They weren't anywhere near the regular $3 DVDs. They were stashed on the top shelf (head height) of the Electronics aisle.

I picked up Drew Carey S1 & Blade The Series. No WB Cartoons at all, but a crapton of Dallas (all but S8, even S9) and Six Feet Under S3.

SPECIAL NOTE:

Re: the Wonder Woman Complete Series brick. If you see it, you should really pick it up. I wouldn't normally suggest watching 49 hours of Linda Carter's breasts, but it's perfect flip fodder. It looks like FYE will give you $25.50 cash for it, and with the bonus 20% (45% total bonus) with their brown bag sale (good until 8/11) you might be able to get almost $37 in FYE credit for it.

Picked up:

Pinky & the Brain Vol 1&2
Animaniacs Vol 2
Best of New Scooby Doo movies

I wish I could find Animaniacs V1. :whistle2:(

I dunno why I got the Scooby set, except that it costs $53 on Amazon

Thanks FoS- definitely going to look for Animaniacs and P&tB!

[quote name='manthing']
But I did find Red Dawn and Shaft(1971) for $3 each. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Wolverines & Shaft for three beans, damn. Is the Red Dawn DVD WS?

[quote name='scarface333']I just picked up Samurai jack 3pk. seasons 1-3, only one there.:applause::bouncy::applause:[/QUOTE]
That's a nice find. I really liked Samurai Jack.

Picked up Animaniacs Vol 1 and Pinky Vol 1 at one store and their Vol 2 counterparts at another. Neither store had both volumes.

The Findlay OH store had a boatload of these sets out. Including many Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain Vol 2s, West Wing S2, Joey S1, New Scooby Doo Movies, Dukes S5 & S6, and even Night Court S1.

SO many of these sets I want, sheesh! I wish the BL near me would either get them in or set them out!

Samurai Jack
Animaniacs
Pinky and The Brain

The list goes on...

[quote name='h3llbring3r']
Wolverines & Shaft for three beans, damn. Is the Red Dawn DVD WS?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's WS. But it's the 1998 release
51Z6A8CED9L._SS500_.jpg
, not the 2007 CE
51Rgnz7xijL._SS500_.jpg

Picked up @ the Woodbridge, Va location:
Animaniacs Vol 1 (last one, weird)
Scooby Doo 5pack movies (batman/robin, 3 stooges, etc)

Passed on:
Animaniacs (volume 2)
Dallas (unsure what Seasons)
Dukes of Hazard
Joey season 1
Justice League (two pack and three pack of episodes spotted)
:br: Nip Tuck season 4 (also on :dvd:)
The OC season 2
Pinky and the Brain (volume 1, volume 2)
Scooby Doo movie 5-pack
Super Friends (volume 1, volume 2)
Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show- The Complete series (13 episodes I believe)
Tracey Takes On season 2
Wait till your Father Comes Home season 1
The West Wing season 2
History of Rock and Roll
Lakers' Championship

Someone was definitely there before me because mult stuff not available, surprised I found the last copy of Animanics Vol 1, they had a ton of vol 2. and plenty of P&B's. Also had a bunch of NipTuck season 4 on bluray.

First off, a big thank you to the OP for alerting me to this sale.

My semi-local (Cumberland,MD) store had either been picked over, or only put out a small shipment. Jammed on their "medis tower" I bought the only Animaniacs Vol.1 and left Pinky and the Brain Vol.1, along with some odd Scooby-Doo sets and various Thundercats sets. Maybe they'll put more out closer to the starting date for the ad - who knows?

OT Quick question: Who in the hell devised these stupid Thundercats "3 Volumes for 1 Season" sets? What a waste of space and time. Some of the sets looked slick and thin, while some others were these monstrous-sized 3 (full-sized) dvd case boxes. Ridiculous to say the least.

South Bend, IN location:

Picked up:
Pinky and the Brain (Vol I and II)
Drew Carey Show (Season 1)

Passed on:
Nip Tuck (Season 4)
Dukes of Hazard
Animaniacs (Vol. I and II)
West Wing
Joey

No Super Bowl sets to be found. If anyone has them and wants to unload PM me.

I went to FYE today. I didn't realize the 20% extra Brown Bag was good for cash as well as credit:

Wonder Woman Complete Collection $27.60
Roots 30th Anniversary $14.40
Six Feet Under S3 $12

Walked out with $54 cash in my pocket. Credit would have been $67.50.

Disclaimer: This is the gentle form of flipping, my Big Lots has about 10 copies of SFU S3 (again, worthless on its own) and 5 of Roots. I only bought one each. I may buy one more of each tomorrow.

Also: drove to my 2nd closest Big Lots (45 miles away) today for some other keeper titles, mostly the cartoons. They had absolutely nothing. If you go into BL and you see a manager who looks like he takes his job a bit too seriously, don't expect to see these out on the floor until the 12th. Either that, or they just had no room for them anywhere...

Even though its not listed do you think the complete Ali G show dvd is in stock at any for that price????

Found at Summersville, WV
Animaniacs Vol 1 x2
Thundercats Season 1 Vol. 1
Thundercats Season 1 Vol. 3 (it was opened with no slip cover but still had a price on it)
Best of Scooby-Doo Movies x3

I bought 1 of the animaniacs.
I would have picked up both to trade on here for Vol.2, but I ran out of money :(
I need to get a job.

I was hoping to find Animaniacs but my local store didn't have any boxsets out. I did find Adaptation on Superbit for $3 so not a total loss.

I think not all the DVDs have been set out yet... at least, I hope that is the case, among those from the list I've seen were:

Roots
Knots Landing Season 1
Smallville Season 7 Blu-Ray
Sports hightlights DVDs

Was happy that there were Memories, Tekkonkinkreet, FLAG, and Di Gi Charat Nyo DVD, that made my day. Will go back on 12 July to see if the rest of the stock show up on the floor.

bread's done
Back