DVD Boxset deals at Big Lots Warner Bros, Hanna Barbera season sets $3, $6, and $10

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Trade thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231128

Big Azz sale at Big Lots on Warner Bros. sets (with some Hanna Barbera cartoons, and a spot of HBO DVDs) Originally the sale was only for 6 dollar sets, as advertised in their circular ad, but now they've added $3 and $10 sets. (These $3 and $10 sets, while currently ringing up at the correct prices, are supposed to be withheld for the 07/26 sales ad, which would explain why there may be trouble seeing them early, depending on your store)

Here are the boxsets seperated by price group.

$3

Adventures of Superman [Live action from '50s] (multiple seasons noted, need specifics)
Appleseed ExMachina 2 disc Steelcase
Batman the Animated Series volume 1 and Superman (90s cartoon) volume 1 bundled together
Batman the Animated Series (volumes 1, 3, 4)
Batman Beyond (Seasons 2, 3)
Best of Larry King interviews
Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines complete series
Everwood season 1
Flintstones (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Johnny Quest season 1
Josie and the Pussy Cats complete series
Mission Hill complete series
Murphy Brown season 1 (price needs confirmation)
New Adventures of Lois and Clark (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4)
Pebbles and Bam-Bam show complete series
Perils of Penelope Pitstop
Popeye the Sailor 1933-1938 shorts collection
Power Puff Girls complete series
Space Ghost and Dino Boy complete series
Superman four disc SE
Tales from the Crypt (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Tom and Jerry three disc set
Top Cat complete series
Veronica Mars season 2
Wacky Races complete series
War at Home season 1

$6

Animaniacs (volumes 1, 2, 3)
Babylon 5 movie collection
Blade: The Complete Series
Dallas (seasons 1+2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Drew Carey season 1
Dukes of Hazard (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
ER (seasons 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Friends (Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Full House (seasons 5, 6)
History of Rock and Roll
Jamie Fox Show (select seasons)
Joey season 1
Justice League (two pack and three pack of episodes spotted)
Knots Landing season 1 (also select seasons)
Lakers' Championship
Life Goes On season 1
Loonatics Unleashed season 1
Looney Tunes short spotlight collection volume 2 (not the normal big set, this is something smaller with half the content)
NFL Inside the Vault
Night Court season 1
Nightmares and Dreamscapes
:br: Nip Tuck season 4 (also on :dvd:)
The OC (seasons 2, 3)
Pinky and the Brain (volumes 1, 2)
Pro Football Hall of Fame: 85 years of Greatness
Pup named Scooby Doo two-pack
Roots: 30th Anniversary
Roots: The Next Generation
Samurai Jack seasons 1-3 pack (entire series)
Scooby Doo season 3
Scooby Doo Best of New Scooby Doo Movies
Scooby Doo movie 5-pack
Scooby Doo Dynomutt Hour complete series
Scooby Doo/Tom and Jerry two pack movie set
Six Feet Under season 3 (also select seasons)
Smallville season 4 (also select seasons)
:br: Smallville (seasons 6, 7)
Southpark three pack [not full seasons]
Super Bowl Collections (I-X, XI-XX, XXI-XXX, XXXI-XL)
Super Friends (volume 1, volume 2)
Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show- The Complete series (13 episodes)
Thundercats (season 1 volume 1, season 1 volume 2, season 1 volume 3, season 2 volume 2)
Tracey Takes On (seasons 1, 2)
Wait till your Father Comes Home season 1
The West Wing season 2
Wonder Woman (complete series and invidual box sets of seasons spotted)

$10

IMAX movie collection
Looney Tunes Golden Collection 1-5 bundle
Looney Tunes movie collection (The Bugs Bunny/Road-Runner Movie, and 1001 Rabbit Tales)
Roots complete collection
Stanley Kubrick movie collection
Super Bowl collection (all four sets combined?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Looney Tunes Movie Collection, War At Home,
I also got SuperBowl Set I-XL for 10 bucks (was th isa good deal?) it was in some big long leather like case, i think it has a book with it too of some kind

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']
$10 for:
Roots - The Complete Collection (Roots and Roots: The Next Generation together in a very nice package that's currently $80 on Amazon. If you're interested, this set might be one of the best deals in the sale.)
[/QUOTE]

i hate to be a party ppoper but making it easier to the lurkers makes this deal dead to anyone who doesnt get there the day the discs go out. make them work for it.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Anyone know how many Dukes of Hazzard seasons they have? I got 5 & 6, but I saw someone mention 4. Didn't see that, but was also wondering in 1-3 are available (or 7 for that matter).

What about Dallas? Didn't see any around here.[/QUOTE]

at one point i saw all seasons of dukes and 1-9 of dallas. i have a couple spare sets if you ar looking for certain ones.

[quote name='Kerig']Oh, and umm...guys...is this the Looney Tunes collection everyone is talking about?
http://www.wherehouse.com/movies/sell-product-detail.jsp?id=2801499

With the brownbag 20% sale (ends 8/18ish), if you were to sell it to FYE...well...I'll let you do the math...
[/QUOTE]

once again make people work for it. i know you are helpful, and grateful at times but i refer you to above. it really is getting ridiculous with these sets.

Geez Kerig... All you talk about is selling off everything u find to FYE... Some of us want the Looney Tunes collection for ourselves...

Did pick up Flintstones 1-5 today, the Popeye set, wacky races, Pebbles and BamBam, huckleberry hound, and a couple more... No sign of any big sets at the three I checked

[quote name='zman73']Geez Kerig... All you talk about is selling off everything u find to FYE...[/QUOTE]

That's partly because I don't want to admit the fact that I bought Joey Season 1 for myself.

Kirin: Check back the morning of the 26th or the evening of the 25th. I'm sure at this point many BL's are holding stock in the back after seeing what happened with the $6 deals. That's how I found my copy of Thundercats S1V1 (6D) & Animaniacs.

holy FRAK! Where the hell did all these $3 sets come from??? My Biglots hasn't had ANY of these yet (I was just there on Friday morning and talked to the girl about them and she had no clue). I can't wait to get some of these. Since they get trucks on Monday, I'll be there Tuesday at 9am with bells on. ^_^

[quote name='ryoga79']holy FRAK! Where the hell did all these $3 sets come from???[/QUOTE]

That's actually a good question.

I've seen a pretty big media influx into clearance outlets lately - Big Lots got all of these DVDs, and a lot of the Dollar Tree stores around me got huge shipments of music from artists I actually recognized (James Blunt's first album, Paris Hilton...I didn't say they were good).

Part of me wonders if this is at all connected to Circuit City going under. It's all older stock, but there's a lot of it both quantity and variety wise, and it's hitting the shelves at the same time.

Went to,

Big Lots #555
2236 South Federal Highway
Stuart, FL 34994
(772) 223-0939

they had alot of Friends/OC/Roots/Dukes of Hazzard/Friends/Dallas/etc.

All I really wanted was Blade the series & Mission Hill but they didn't have either, one of the employees let me dig around the stock area and they had a bunch of boxes of stuff.

Ended up getting Tales from the Crypt season 1 through 5 from the stock room. Still no Blade or Mission Hill :cry:.

The DVD section up front is a disaster area but it was nice of them to let me dig through the back.

i personally will be buying extra sets when available, not to hoard, but for people who can not find them. my closest ones are usually pretty good about getting stock in. i cant wait. ive wanted the looney tunes sets for awhile and powerpuff is one of my favorite shows.

:\ Mine wasn't really a trade post since I was only there on vacation. I didn't pick up anything and don't have access to any of them anymore anyway. I was just sorta mentioning them for anyone who lives close to there.

I dropped by another Big Lots and found some good stuff.

Smallville Season 7 Blu-Ray
Batman TAS volume 4
Powerpuff Girls Complete Series
Batman vol. 1 Superman vol. 1 bundle

I was really hoping to find that Samurai Jack set or batman beyond sets. I'm still debating on picking up the loony toons $10 set at the big lots closest to me.

[quote name='erehwon']I dropped by another Big Lots and found some good stuff.

Smallville Season 7 Blu-Ray
Batman TAS volume 4
Powerpuff Girls Complete Series
Batman vol. 1 Superman vol. 1 bundle

I was really hoping to find that Samurai Jack set or batman beyond sets. I'm still debating on picking up the loony toons $10 set at the big lots closest to me.[/QUOTE]

You could pick some Looney Tunes sets up for fellow CAGers.

:)

people in fort wayne. the appleglen one dont have jack

now the maplecrest one was a JACKPOT

picked up

lois and clark season 3 (one left)
dastard and muttley complete series (got last one)
top cat series (around 10 left)
war at home (8 left)
flintstones VOL 1 2 and 3 (some 1s left nothing more)
Tales from the crypt season 3 and 5 (1 of each left)
wacky racers few left
MURPHY brown season 1 10 left

picked up 12 sets thought the price was a little low.. got charged for 11... so i got Brown for free : )

not sure to run over to the other one to pick up joey for 5 or not after blowing almost 30 on these

like i was talking to other people here bad thing about trading these the shipping is going to be a killer (about 6 to ship them in a box )

[quote name='georox']Monroe, MI has jack shit still. :/ Just the shit part of it is more picked over.[/QUOTE]

damn, didn't realize how many people in this topic live in MI.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']damn, didn't realize how many people in this topic live in MI.[/QUOTE]

A lot. But don't worry, I'll be in California the next week. It'll keep the Michigan people at bay a bit more... ComicCon wooh!

[quote name='georox']A lot. But don't worry, I'll be in California the next week. It'll keep the Michigan people at bay a bit more... ComicCon wooh![/QUOTE]

If you come around Orange County I'll bite you!

Anyways I went today and all the stores around have been gutted. The Santa Ana, CA BL seemed to have restock to accomodate the sale they have going on today but looks like I was a little late--because there was a guy carrying a stack of the Hanna Barbara sets and all I was left with was more Joeys, Duke of Hazards, and more useless crap that no one will bother with. I managed to find The Drew Carey Show Season 1, so it wasn't a total loss.

I saw Joey, West Wing Season 2, Night Court, Ask your Father cartoon series I never heard of, The OC season 2 and Pinky and the Brain and Animaniacs volume 2. The last two are what I bought.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']If you come around Orange County I'll bite you!

Anyways I went today and all the stores around have been gutted. The Santa Ana, CA BL seemed to have restock to accomodate the sale they have going on today but looks like I was a little late--because there was a guy carrying a stack of the Hanna Barbara sets and all I was left with was more Joeys, Duke of Hazards, and more useless crap that no one will bother with. I managed to find The Drew Carey Show Season 1, so it wasn't a total loss.[/QUOTE]

Shit! I've been going there daily except for today! Hoarding bastards!

All three I went to today were advertising the 20% off thing as an event, so that made finding good stuff even harder. One store even had all the newly stocked dvd sets on a rack right next to the door so it was picked clean. Saw one of the Looney Tunes collection but it was behind the counter being held for an employee :bomb:

So anyone in the Taylor, MI area unless you're looking for The War at Home, you aren't gonna find jack.

just got back from a store that claimed nothing new had been put out. they were wrong. they had 2 of these out but someone was nice enough to go out back and go through the open box and come back with the rest. i was the first one to find these. i have a few spare of the flintstones and tracey takes on.

tracey takes on s1
flintsones s3, 4, 5, 6
perils of penelope pitstop
wacky races
dasterdly and mutley
top cat

all with the 20% off coupon.

[quote name='capybara554321']picked up space ghost today and Adventures of Superman 1-4
also to the people pming me as of right now i would still prefer to trade than sell[/QUOTE]

Is the small list you have the only thing your looking for?

[quote name='bigdaddy']I saw Joey, West Wing Season 2, Night Court, Ask your Father cartoon series I never heard of, The OC season 2 and Pinky and the Brain and Animaniacs volume 2. The last two are what I bought.[/QUOTE]

am i the only one who thought NIght court was not worth 6 i think it only had like 10 eps on it.

same with ask your father... if it was 3 i would of grabbed it but not for 6

[quote name='slidecage']
same with ask your father... if it was 3 i would of grabbed it but not for 6[/QUOTE]
I paid $18 for it on Amazon like 2 months ago... ugh. I thought that was decent enough though, for 20-something episodes of a decently-written cartoon very telling of its time.

Oh, and--hit up 3 Big Lots today.

1 had nothing new.

1 had the War at Home season 1.

1 had the War at Home season 1 and that Murdoch show.

I'm going back in a few days in search of Top Cat and Flintstones 4-6...

I went today. Saw a cart full of box sets....thought it was an employee putting them out. No it was a person who filled up their entire cart with almost every single box set in the store. Was able to find Superfriends S1 and NipTuck BD Season 4 (the hoarders must have been tired from lifting all of the other box set into their cart).

[quote name='Animal7390']just got back from a store that claimed nothing new had been put out. they were wrong. they had 2 of these out but someone was nice enough to go out back and go through the open box and come back with the rest. i was the first one to find these. i have a few spare of the flintstones and tracey takes on.

tracey takes on s1
flintsones s3, 4, 5, 6
perils of penelope pitstop
wacky races
dasterdly and mutley
top cat

all with the 20% off coupon.[/QUOTE]

Wow I wish I saw that stuff. I'm just happy I got what I did.

Well, I went during the sale tonight and as far as box sets were concerned, I found jack spit. The NoHollywood store had numerous copies of one season each of West Wing, Joey, The OC ("Don't call it that"), the god-awful season 5 of Dukes of Hazzard (with the replacement cousins), and the shortened sixth season. Night Court Season 1 was the only thing I picked up and I got that as a gift for someone. Not a single animated series in the lot.

On the plus side, I found a lone copy of Mister Roberts (with Jack Lemmon commentary!), A Mighty Wind and Tremors 3 for $3 apiece. Oh, and a kitchen towel for a buck. But they don't sell coasters! WTF?!

[quote name='Watchman']The NoHollywood store had numerous copies of one season each of West Wing, Joey, The OC ("Don't call it that"), the god-awful season 5 of Dukes of Hazzard (with the replacement cousins), and the shortened sixth season. Night Court Season 1 was the only thing I picked up and I got that as a gift for someone. Not a single animated series in the lot.

But they don't sell coasters! WTF?![/QUOTE]

You looked RIGHT AT THEM!

[quote name='Watchman']Well, I went during the sale tonight and as far as box sets were concerned, I found jack spit. The NoHollywood store had numerous copies of one season each of West Wing, Joey, The OC ("Don't call it that"), the god-awful season 5 of Dukes of Hazzard (with the replacement cousins), and the shortened sixth season. Night Court Season 1 was the only thing I picked up and I got that as a gift for someone. Not a single animated series in the lot.

On the plus side, I found a lone copy of Mister Roberts (with Jack Lemmon commentary!), A Mighty Wind and Tremors 3 for $3 apiece. Oh, and a kitchen towel for a buck. But they don't sell coasters! WTF?![/QUOTE]

ALL seasons of West Wing? As in season 1-7 (and to be even more painstakingly explicit, not just season 2?) If that's the case, mind picking up them for me-all I've seen are season 2.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Has Animaniacs season 3 been reported? Would be awesome if that's something to keep an eye out for as well... I'd love to complete the show.[/QUOTE]

No, that was my mistake-

Last edited by a moderator:
advertised in their circular ad, but now they've added $3 and $10 sets. (These $3 and $10 sets, while??
signature_damoo.jpg
:)

Animaniacs 3 HAS been reported... I got it last week... Went to a ton of BL yesterday... Had only scored Flintstones 6 (to complete my set... And Veronica Mars 2....
On one of my final stops hit a small jackpot and scored 1-5 of Tales from the crypt... And Johnny Quest season 1

Been checking out a local store about 3x's now...nothing good. Saw a Batman vs Dracula DVD Set with 2 small action figures for $3...and grabbed Loonatics S2...hoping to find S1 at another store today after work.

bread's done
Back