DVD Boxset deals at Big Lots Warner Bros, Hanna Barbera season sets $3, $6, and $10

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Trade thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231128

Big Azz sale at Big Lots on Warner Bros. sets (with some Hanna Barbera cartoons, and a spot of HBO DVDs) Originally the sale was only for 6 dollar sets, as advertised in their circular ad, but now they've added $3 and $10 sets. (These $3 and $10 sets, while currently ringing up at the correct prices, are supposed to be withheld for the 07/26 sales ad, which would explain why there may be trouble seeing them early, depending on your store)

Here are the boxsets seperated by price group.

$3

Adventures of Superman [Live action from '50s] (multiple seasons noted, need specifics)
Appleseed ExMachina 2 disc Steelcase
Batman the Animated Series volume 1 and Superman (90s cartoon) volume 1 bundled together
Batman the Animated Series (volumes 1, 3, 4)
Batman Beyond (Seasons 2, 3)
Best of Larry King interviews
Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines complete series
Everwood season 1
Flintstones (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Johnny Quest season 1
Josie and the Pussy Cats complete series
Mission Hill complete series
Murphy Brown season 1 (price needs confirmation)
New Adventures of Lois and Clark (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4)
Pebbles and Bam-Bam show complete series
Perils of Penelope Pitstop
Popeye the Sailor 1933-1938 shorts collection
Power Puff Girls complete series
Space Ghost and Dino Boy complete series
Superman four disc SE
Tales from the Crypt (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Tom and Jerry three disc set
Top Cat complete series
Veronica Mars season 2
Wacky Races complete series
War at Home season 1

$6

Animaniacs (volumes 1, 2, 3)
Babylon 5 movie collection
Blade: The Complete Series
Dallas (seasons 1+2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Drew Carey season 1
Dukes of Hazard (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
ER (seasons 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Friends (Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Full House (seasons 5, 6)
History of Rock and Roll
Jamie Fox Show (select seasons)
Joey season 1
Justice League (two pack and three pack of episodes spotted)
Knots Landing season 1 (also select seasons)
Lakers' Championship
Life Goes On season 1
Loonatics Unleashed season 1
Looney Tunes short spotlight collection volume 2 (not the normal big set, this is something smaller with half the content)
NFL Inside the Vault
Night Court season 1
Nightmares and Dreamscapes
:br: Nip Tuck season 4 (also on :dvd:)
The OC (seasons 2, 3)
Pinky and the Brain (volumes 1, 2)
Pro Football Hall of Fame: 85 years of Greatness
Pup named Scooby Doo two-pack
Roots: 30th Anniversary
Roots: The Next Generation
Samurai Jack seasons 1-3 pack (entire series)
Scooby Doo season 3
Scooby Doo Best of New Scooby Doo Movies
Scooby Doo movie 5-pack
Scooby Doo Dynomutt Hour complete series
Scooby Doo/Tom and Jerry two pack movie set
Six Feet Under season 3 (also select seasons)
Smallville season 4 (also select seasons)
:br: Smallville (seasons 6, 7)
Southpark three pack [not full seasons]
Super Bowl Collections (I-X, XI-XX, XXI-XXX, XXXI-XL)
Super Friends (volume 1, volume 2)
Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show- The Complete series (13 episodes)
Thundercats (season 1 volume 1, season 1 volume 2, season 1 volume 3, season 2 volume 2)
Tracey Takes On (seasons 1, 2)
Wait till your Father Comes Home season 1
The West Wing season 2
Wonder Woman (complete series and invidual box sets of seasons spotted)

$10

IMAX movie collection
Looney Tunes Golden Collection 1-5 bundle
Looney Tunes movie collection (The Bugs Bunny/Road-Runner Movie, and 1001 Rabbit Tales)
Roots complete collection
Stanley Kubrick movie collection
Super Bowl collection (all four sets combined?)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zman73']Animaniacs 3 HAS been reported... I got it last week... Went to a ton of BL yesterday... Had only scored Flintstones 6 (to complete my set... And Veronica Mars 2....
On one of my final stops hit a small jackpot and scored 1-5 of Tales from the crypt... And Johnny Quest season 1[/QUOTE]

I hate you.

That's the only really rare item I've scored from the many many BLs I've scoured in the last week. The TFTC seasons came near the end of the day yesterday... Salvaged what was a very bad trip from Va to Al... Looks like hoarders got many of the sets... Almost makes me wish the really good ten dollar sets were priced a little higher to discourage resellers.... I'd pay a little more for that looney tunes set...

Hit the jackpot today, got all of the Flintstones Seasons, plus Animaniacs Vol 2, and The Powerpuff Girls Complete Series (which is being used primarily for trade bait).

Although they didn't have the $10 Superbowl Set.

*sigh*

[quote name='zman73']I'd pay a little more for that looney tunes set...[/QUOTE]

I'd pay $75 for that Loony Tunes Golden Collection set.

Makes me wonder how much BL paid for these sets and/or how much WB lost on the deal

[quote name='manthing']Makes me wonder how much BL paid for these sets and/or how much WB lost on the deal[/QUOTE]

BL probably paid very little for these since they are a closeout store.

[quote name='manthing']Makes me wonder how much BL paid for these sets and/or how much WB lost on the deal[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine BL paid very little for these boxsets. WB was probably going to lose a lot more money on them sitting in their warehouses not selling. Especially when it comes to some titles such as Joey that honestly was not bound to sell to begin with.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Hit the jackpot today, got all of the Flintstones Seasons, plus Animaniacs Vol 2, and The Powerpuff Girls Complete Series (which is being used primarily for trade bait).

Although they didn't have the $10 Superbowl Set.

*sigh*[/QUOTE]

I hate you...

Heaven forbid they have the Super Bowl set, they only had ALL OF THE FLINTSTONES FOR $36!!! :bomb:

Both Ebensburg PA & Monroeville PA had a few West Wing seasons & the Lakers box, but no other DC/Hanna Barbera goodness or Crypt sets. Monroveille had several Nick Jr titles if anyone needs them, got a Wonderpets for my little guy. I'd have definitely enjoyed the Batman Vs. Dracula pack, that's a great movie.

[quote name='Demolition Man']By Super Bowl set is it the multi boxset ones that are I-IX and such? Or is it the more recent America's Game series?[/QUOTE]

I think it's America's Game series with 40 some odd discs if I'm reading right.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I think it's America's Game series with 40 some odd discs if I'm reading right.[/QUOTE]

It's a long leather pouch like thing, a bit heavy actually.. it does have 40 Discs. It's The America's Game Series.. I picked the last one up at my big lots the other day

p4172652dt.jpg

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']$36?

Try $21. ;)[/QUOTE]

try $18 you mean? 6 seasons..$3 a piece.

Anyways all I really want now are flintstones seasons 4 and 6 and the Looney Tunes big set. Though if I found other Hanna Barbara sets I'd bite as well.

I was able to pick up The Flintstones Season 1 set for $3. I was hoping for some Looney Tunes goodness, but this will definitely do!

[quote name='MrDubbs']It's a long leather pouch like thing, a bit heavy actually.. it does have 40 Discs. It's The America's Game Series.. I picked the last one up at my big lots the other day

p4172652dt.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Holy. SHIT. I really would love to get that for $10 or so myself. :drool:

... but what will I do with the Patriots 3 pack I have?

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']try $18 you mean? 6 seasons..$3 a piece.

Anyways all I really want now are flintstones seasons 4 and 6 and the Looney Tunes big set. Though if I found other Hanna Barbara sets I'd bite as well.[/QUOTE]

Ooops for some reason I thought there were seven seasons...

Have:
Wonder Woman Series (Will only trade for the Super Bowl Set and will add cash)
War At Home Season 1
Blade Series
The Best of the New Scooby-Doo Movies
God the Devil and Bob: Complete Series
Super Bowl XI-XX
SB XXI-XXX
SB XXXI-XL
$$$

Want:
Super Bowl Set (40 Disk)
Flintstones Season 1, 3
Pinky and the Brain Volume 3
Tales From The Crypt 5-7

Is it just me or are the big lots workers the biggest jerks on earth?? Anyhow if anyone can pick up extra tales from the crypt ill pay 5 bucks a season plus shipping

^ Depends where it is. i have been to 3 different stores, one closed a few years back and only had a problem with one store (oddly not the one that closed). i blame that for the location, it's in a slum city with slums working there.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The Flintstone sets were $3?!?! fuck!!!!

With the 20% coupon that's $14.40!!!![/QUOTE]

Over the course of three days, the Big Lots nearest me had all six seasons of the Flintstones in stock.

Even without the coupon, $18 for the complete run of one of the (arguably) best cartoons we've ever seen isn't too shabby. :D

When does biglots usually put new stuff out? Is it an "as they get it" process or is there a designated day like sunday?

All stores get truck deliveries different days of the week... It's best to call... From then it may take a day or two to get that stock out on the floor

edit: I see what happened. I edited out the wants and am just reporting what I got/left. None of what I got is for trade.

I have been told that MY store gets a truck on Monday.

Went today and scored the following:
Batman the Animated Series V2 x2 (one for me, one for bro) *last*
Batman the Animated Series V3 (me) *last*
Flintstones Vol 3 & 4 (me) *last v3*
Johnny Quest V 1 (me)
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Academy Awards Animation Collection x3 (me, bro, roomie)

I left the following:
Tales from the Crypt S2-6 (multiple copies)
Top Cat V1 (multiple copies)
Lois & Clark S1&3 (multiple copies)
Appleseed Ex-Machina steelbook (2 copies)
Adventures of Superman S2, S3/4 (multiple copies)
Larry King Interviews (multiple copies)
Fllintstones S4 (TON of copies)
Josie & the Pussy Cats (few copies)
Huckle Berry Hound Show (multiple copies)
Bird Man and the Galaxy Trio (multiple copies)
The Batman vs Dracula (with toys, mulitple copies)
Johnny Quest V1 (1 copy)
Warner Academy set (1 copy)
Agatha Christie set (unknown, multiple copies)

Well, I just went to my local Big Lots and they've apparently had several calls about the boxsets, so much in fact, that they are putting the sets in their conference room when they find them and not putting any of them out until sunday of the ad. My chances of getting a Powerpuff Girls set are officially slim to none :cry: I hate living near a flea market.

[quote name='slidecage']are prices going UP..

saw flintstones at another big lots PRICED AT 10 PER SEASON ... They rung up at 10 per season as well[/QUOTE]

I saw something similar at my local biglots, but it was with the Looney Tunes Golden Collection. Where as most people were reporting $10 for the entire collection, the only copies I saw in my area were solely Volume 6 (might have been Vol. 5) priced at $10. I was able to get the 40 disc set of America's game and the full roots set at this store, so I am wondering if stock is varying between stores and/or regions.and if they really are just slapping stickers on these suckers at the regional dist center and maybe some got missed or mislabeled? I don't think biglots identifies the dvds I think they just have a base price sticker (I.E. 8 Mile rings up as a $3 dvd, abd not "8 Mile - $3").

[quote name='DaDeuce']I saw something similar at my local biglots, but it was with the Looney Tunes Golden Collection. Where as most people were reporting $10 for the entire collection, the only copies I saw in my area were solely Volume 6 (might have been Vol. 5) priced at $10. I was able to get the 40 disc set of America's game and the full roots set at this store, so I am wondering if stock is varying between stores and/or regions.and if they really are just slapping stickers on these suckers at the regional dist center and maybe some got missed or mislabeled? I don't think biglots identifies the dvds I think they just have a base price sticker (I.E. 8 Mile rings up as a $3 dvd, abd not "8 Mile - $3").[/QUOTE]

no thats normal. The Golden collection set includes Volumes 1 thru 5 and people have reported seeing Volume 6 for $10 alone.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']no thats normal. The Golden collection set includes Volumes 1 thru 5 and people have reported seeing Volume 6 for $10 alone.[/QUOTE]

Ok, my next question is, is does anybody think shipments vary by store or region? I have been to several biglots and haven't seen a single Looney tunes complete collection, any flintstones, batman and robin, etc. I'm fairly sure I didn't just "miss" them because I've been able to get copies of Pinky and the Brain, West Wing, roots, america's game, and scooby doo along with leaving large quantites of each title that have been there over a few day period.

Went to the 3 Big Lots in town today that I didn't go to. Picked up:
Veronica Mars S2, impulse buy for $3 (2 copies left)
ER S3,S6,S7,S9 as gifts (lots of copies of S2, little of the 4 I got)
Flintstones S1,S3,S4,S5 gf wanted (lots of S3 at one, lots of the rest at another)
Josie and the Pussy Cats (2-3 copies left, buyer's remorse on this)
Agatha Christie Collection with 3 Marple movies (2 copies left)
Duke of Hazzards S2 (lots of S4-S6)
Animaniacs V2 (lots of these at one store, 3 copies of V1)
Scooby-Doo 5 movie collection (2-3 more left)
Thundercats S2V2 (only one)

Also saw:
Best of Larry King interviews
Murphy Brown season 1
New Adventures of Lois and Clark (seasons 1, 2, 3, 4)
Pebbles and Bam-Bam show complete series
Popeye the Sailor 1933-1938 shorts collection
Tales from the Crypt S2-S6
Top Cat complete series (tons)
Wacky Races complete series
Blade: The Complete Series
Dallas (seasons unknown)
Drew Carey season 1
Friends (seasons unknown)
History of Rock and Roll
Joey season 1 (10+ at each of two stores)
Knots Landing S1
Lakers' Championship
Life Goes On S1
Night Court S1
Nightmares and Dreamscapes
Nip Tuck S4 (DVD)
The OC S2
Pinky and the Brain (V1-V2)
Pro Football Hall of Fame: 85 years of Greatness
Pup named Scooby Doo two-pack
Roots: 30th Anniversary (sold out, saw lots a week ago)
Roots: The Next Generation
Scooby Doo Best of New Scooby Doo Movies
Scooby Doo movie 5-pack
Scooby Doo/Tom and Jerry two pack movie set
Six Feet Under S3
Smallville S4
Super Bowl Collections (XXI-XXX and another)
Super Friends
Thundercats (S1V2 only)
Tracey Takes On (tons of these, 30+ total)
Wait till your Father Comes Home S1
The West Wing S2

Use the trade thread if you want me to get you something, it's shorter to check.

[quote name='Watchman']Well, I went during the sale tonight and as far as box sets were concerned, I found jack spit. The NoHollywood store had numerous copies of one season each of West Wing, Joey, The OC ("Don't call it that"), the god-awful season 5 of Dukes of Hazzard (with the replacement cousins), and the shortened sixth season. Night Court Season 1 was the only thing I picked up and I got that as a gift for someone. Not a single animated series in the lot.

On the plus side, I found a lone copy of Mister Roberts (with Jack Lemmon commentary!), A Mighty Wind and Tremors 3 for $3 apiece. Oh, and a kitchen towel for a buck. But they don't sell coasters! WTF?![/QUOTE]

I've been checking that store on and off the past week, barely any luck. Managed to find a Scooby Doo movie set and Pinky and the Brain S.2 on Sunday of all days, tho. (Went around 6:30, had I figured there'd be more, I would have gone right when the sale started, if not earlier....).

Will probably check again today or so....

[quote name='DaDeuce']Ok, my next question is, is does anybody think shipments vary by store or region? I have been to several biglots and haven't seen a single Looney tunes complete collection, any flintstones, batman and robin, etc. I'm fairly sure I didn't just "miss" them because I've been able to get copies of Pinky and the Brain, West Wing, roots, america's game, and scooby doo along with leaving large quantites of each title that have been there over a few day period.[/QUOTE]

I think there was two waves of DVDs that went out and each wave was supposed to last two weeks. We are currently in the 4th week of this "sale." Chances are that you have stores that historically don't do well with DVD sales and they will only get the first wave of DVDs in. If they cannot sell those rapidly, then it's not likely they'd get the second wave in to sell. I've heard no reports about a third wave of DVD sets yet, but those would be in next week's shipment if there are any and not this week's shipment.

The titles you had mentioned at your stores was from the first wave. The ones you want are from the second wave. I have three stores near me. Two of the stores obviously don't sell many DVDs and they only got only the first wave of DVD sets in for the flyer sale and I've never seen any of the second waved ones. The third store is high traffic and got both waves in. In fact, the guy who was putting them out last week that they had lots more in back, but they was instructed to hold them for next week, which pretty much told me that they won't be getting any new ones this week off of the truck and each wave was supposed to last this store two weeks.

So I honestly believe that if you had not seen anything from the second wave at any your stores by now you won't because your stores are not high traffic enough to get them in. I honestly don't think there will be a third wave of DVDs either, but I hope there will be.

Today I found shit. 2 HWV and 2 Big Lots. One had the some of the same stuff I saw in closer Big lots but the other was wiped pretty clean. I would have hit another BL if I didn't get lost.

wont waste your time in fort wayne

Appleglen flintstones 1 and 3 for 10 each

scooby doo movies or something for 10 or 6

Maplecrest is clean. )besides waR at home) ... I asked if they pulled them and they go no... Someone came in around 8pm and took every single dvd set they said they do NOT think they will restock for sundays sale : ( (though i will be there hopefully at 10am)

[quote name='slidecage']wont waste your time in fort wayne

Appleglen flintstones 1 and 3 for 10 each

scooby doo movies or something for 10 or 6

Maplecrest is clean. )besides waR at home) ... I asked if they pulled them and they go no... Someone came in around 8pm and took every single dvd set they said they do NOT think they will restock for sundays sale : ( (though i will be there hopefully at 10am)[/QUOTE]
Yea, I was at the Maplecrest store yesterday. It was clean compared to how it was on Saturday. I'm checking back later this week. I did manage some good finds at the New Haven store on Sunday. I was just hoping I could find that Samurai Jack set that was mentioned.

[quote name='fairyland']I think there was two waves of DVDs that went out and each wave was supposed to last two weeks. We are currently in the 4th week of this "sale." Chances are that you have stores that historically don't do well with DVD sales and they will only get the first wave of DVDs in. If they cannot sell those rapidly, then it's not likely they'd get the second wave in to sell. I've heard no reports about a third wave of DVD sets yet, but those would be in next week's shipment if there are any and not this week's shipment.

The titles you had mentioned at your stores was from the first wave. The ones you want are from the second wave. I have three stores near me. Two of the stores obviously don't sell many DVDs and they only got only the first wave of DVD sets in for the flyer sale and I've never seen any of the second waved ones. The third store is high traffic and got both waves in. In fact, the guy who was putting them out last week that they had lots more in back, but they was instructed to hold them for next week, which pretty much told me that they won't be getting any new ones this week off of the truck and each wave was supposed to last this store two weeks.

So I honestly believe that if you had not seen anything from the second wave at any your stores by now you won't because your stores are not high traffic enough to get them in. I honestly don't think there will be a third wave of DVDs either, but I hope there will be.[/QUOTE]

You have to remember that these new dvd sets arent even supposed to be up for sale until Sunday. Some stores may not put out the $3 and $10 sets until than or closer to the time.

Went back to the first store I hit today while running errands...and there was nothing. The endcap that had been full of DVDs was now full of lunchboxes, and the remnants (OC, West Wing, New Scooby Doo Movies) were moved to the regular rack of cheapass DVDs.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']You have to remember that these new dvd sets arent even supposed to be up for sale until Sunday. Some stores may not put out the $3 and $10 sets until than or closer to the time.[/QUOTE]

If the stores have already put out the DVDs, do you think they'll restock? I'm guessing no, but who knows how many of the sets each store got? :whistle2:k

Of the Big Lots I've been to, three have already put out the Hanna Barbera and at least some of the $10 stuff (Roots is the one I keep seeing). There might not be any reason for me to check again come Sunday.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Went back to the first store I hit today while running errands...and there was nothing. The endcap that had been full of DVDs was now full of lunchboxes, and the remnants (OC, West Wing, New Scooby Doo Movies) were moved to the regular rack of cheapass DVDs.

If the stores have already put out the DVDs, do you think they'll restock? I'm guessing no, but who knows how many of the sets each store got? :whistle2:k

Of the Big Lots I've been to, three have already put out the Hanna Barbera and at least some of the $10 stuff (Roots is the one I keep seeing). There might not be any reason for me to check again come Sunday.[/QUOTE]

just gotta hope I guess. The store by me hasnt had any Hanna Barbera sets yet, yet it seems like they keep restocking the older sets. I keep finding different sets each time Ive been in there.

After about 2 weeks of going to countless big lots and dealing with the rude workers i finally found tales from the crypt 2-6, i also found appleseed in a steelbook with comic for 3 bucks. I am done with big lots for now.

[quote name='erehwon']Yea, I was at the Maplecrest store yesterday. It was clean compared to how it was on Saturday. I'm checking back later this week. I did manage some good finds at the New Haven store on Sunday. I was just hoping I could find that Samurai Jack set that was mentioned.[/QUOTE]

i keep this post updated on the appleglen store... (the jefferson store) since its about 2 blocks from my route...the maplecrest store is across town and the new haven store is just way too far to drive..

only things im looking for now is

powerpuff collection
Tales 1 2 4 and 6
and flintstones 4 5 6

i was sort of shocked everything was gone at maplecrest..... did you get your powerpuffs at maplecrest ??? man cant belive i missed them by one day : (

hopefully if nothing happens what i plan on doing

hitting up jefferson friday and saturday (to see if they restock anything) HEADS UP THOUGH THEY ARE CHARGING 10 per season for the FLINTSTONES and they are ringing up 10

might try to hit up maplecrest saturday if not saturday for sunday for sure as soon as they open...

i doubt i will even try new haven

I still haven't been able to find Thundercats s2 v2
the samurai jack set, is that just the movie or the cartoon collection.

I checked my big lots and only found a ton of dallas, roots and looney tunes sets.
They also have a few super friends left.

[quote name='slidecage']i keep this post updated on the appleglen store... (the jefferson store) since its about 2 blocks from my route...the maplecrest store is across town and the new haven store is just way too far to drive..

only things im looking for now is

powerpuff collection
Tales 1 2 4 and 6
and flintstones 4 5 6

i was sort of shocked everything was gone at maplecrest..... did you get your powerpuffs at maplecrest ??? man cant belive i missed them by one day : (

hopefully if nothing happens what i plan on doing

hitting up jefferson friday and saturday (to see if they restock anything) HEADS UP THOUGH THEY ARE CHARGING 10 per season for the FLINTSTONES and they are ringing up 10

might try to hit up maplecrest saturday if not saturday for sunday for sure as soon as they open...

i doubt i will even try new haven[/QUOTE]
I picked up the powerpuff set at New Haven. They had a ton of stuff when I went there on Sunday. I'm not sure if I'll head back there or not. It's a little far for me, but it's closer to me than the jefferson one. There's the jefferson, maplecrest, and new haven big lots, but have you checked out the other one? I don't think I've ever been to that fourth one.

[quote name='squishface']I still haven't been able to find Thundercats s2 v2
the samurai jack set, is that just the movie or the cartoon collection.

I checked my big lots and only found a ton of dallas, roots and looney tunes sets.
They also have a few super friends left.[/QUOTE]

the samurai Jack set is the first 3 seasons of the show (it's only missing season 4 to be complete series)

Have:
Lois and Clark, S. 1, 3, 4
Pinky and the Brain S.1
Superman Animated V.1
Dastardly and Muttley Complete Series
Wacky Races Complete Series
Ben Stiller Show
Flintstones S.2 (unsealed, came like that), 3 (2 copies)
Popeye The Sailor V1 (1933-1938) (unsealed, came like that)
Murphy Brown S.1
Tracey Take On S.1
Best of the Scooby-Doo movies
Batman vs Dracula with toys

Want
Looney Tunes Golden Collection V.1-5
Samurai Jack S.1-3
Powerpuff Girls complete series
Appleseed steelbook
Roots complete big package
Smallville S.6, 7 blu

Not sure how long I'll have the "Have" ones (I'm going to stop by FYE tomorrow to see if I can get a good deal, since I found some anime I want, I can maybe hold off for a day, though...)

I just went to the West Olympia store and they had Flintstones V3, War at Home, Josie and the Pussycats, Dasturdly and Mutly, Tracy Takes On V1 and the Tom and Jerry 2 packs. They also had one copy of Appleseed Ex Machina, but I bought it up. Oh and if anyone is still looking for The NFL Hall of Fame Dvd, they still had a few copies left over.

[quote name='erehwon']I picked up the powerpuff set at New Haven. They had a ton of stuff when I went there on Sunday. I'm not sure if I'll head back there or not. It's a little far for me, but it's closer to me than the jefferson one. There's the jefferson, maplecrest, and new haven big lots, but have you checked out the other one? I don't think I've ever been to that fourth one.[/QUOTE]

no i never been in the southgate biglots...

its just too bad the jeffereson moved (used to be on goshen road --- right almost in my back yard LOL)

i can hit up jefferson since its right on my job route almost (and its right next to mcvans so i can hit both at once )

maplecrest maybe once or twice month

new haven i probally have not been out there for 2 to 3 years... i forgot all about the new haven on sunday and just remember it monday night... Was thinking about going out there tuesday but though everything would been wiped clean by then.

since the only things im looking for are now

Tales from cyrpt 1 2 4 6
flintstones 4 to end
and powerpuff

i doubt i would go out to new haven sunday (though i might ---- depends on how well maplecrest restocks, but i think everything good is long gone and there wont be any restocks this weekend

Pretty funny stuff... Looking at the trade in values on wherehouse.com... Many o these sets are only getting $.05 now... Hopefully it will deter alot of the people here and other places that ONLY seemed concerned with flipping these sets and giving those who just want to buy them a chance

my quest to find the looney tunes set continues... Also on the lookout for the last two tales from the crypt seasons, yogi bear, roots complete, and the super bowl set

Im glad that the TIV of these sets are going down. I am getting these sets for myself and dont want hoarders grabbing loads of these anymore.

Im still searching for:

Tales from the crypt 1,2,3,6,7
Super Bowl Set
History of Rock and Roll
Powerpuff Girls
Thundercats - 6 Discs

bread's done
Back