e-rewards: it is trustworthy/worthwhile!

I used to have to wait for each quarter to end as I was building up points so fast. The past 6 months half the time I get a survey, it ends early as they either got enough responses ( I do it within a day of receiving the email), or they say I don't qualify for it. It got to the point I wasn't even getting enough built up to get a GS gift card every quarter. Now I look, and like others, mine is now at $75 for a $25 e-gift card. I already was giving up on doing e-rewards, but now I am going to quit altogether.

Its far easier for me to get a $50 GS gift card from my Discover card (especially with all the 5% promotions they run) and they only take $45 rebate rewards to get the $50 card. Screw e-rewards. I did get at least 8 $25 GS gift cards from them while it lasted, though.

My 50/25 physical changed to a 50/25 electronic as well (same level). It's letting me redeem for this quarter so I may cash it out and consider myself done with this program. It's been good to me over the years sending me lots of surveys but without any other rewards I want (not even the Starbucks one, for example) it's probably time for me to let it go.

By the way, assuming this eGift Card is a 'digital gift certificate', then GameStop's website says it can be redeemed in stores as well (link):
Digital Gift Certificates are sold on GameStop.com and can be redeemed online at GameStop.com, EBgames.com, or Impulsedriven.com or redeemed in U.S stores.

[quote name='MICHAE2414']My 50/25 physical changed to a 50/25 electronic as well (same level). It's letting me redeem for this quarter so I may cash it out and consider myself done with this program. It's been good to me over the years sending me lots of surveys but without any other rewards I want (not even the Starbucks one, for example) it's probably time for me to let it go.

By the way, assuming this eGift Card is a 'digital gift certificate', then GameStop's website says it can be redeemed in stores as well (link):[/QUOTE]

Just redeemed it and it states you can print it out and take it to use it in store.

"Redeem In Store:
Print this page and take it to one of our stores to redeem for merchandise.
To print, please view this eGift Card from a device that is connected to a printer."

$75 for a $25 Gamestop card.....IM DONE! This was my least favorite survey site and Ive been slacking the past 3 months on all of them. Maybe dropping this one and another will help me get back into it. I do love me some Amazon giftcards to build up then I get some awesome stuff!

Crap! It's been awhile since I've visited this thread and I just started reading all of the posts about the Gamestop GC jumping up to a $75 level. I logged into my account and sure enough it happened to me as well. It was hard enough each quarter to hit $50. I had $77 in my account so I cashed out my final card (was shocked it let me do another one this quarter) and now I'm done with this site.

EDIT: It's a shame that they upped the reward price like that because I love the new eCard redemption process. I assumed I'd have to wait the typical few weeks before I'd get my physical card in the mail but instead I just received my e-mail with the info to redeem on-line or in store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn mine are $75 for $25 egiftcard now too. I almost have $150 points. I'm not sure why it's letting me redeem when I did one in October unless it's because of the changes. Anyone find out yet if we redeem this month if we can redeem again in Jan?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sidewalkhustla']Damn mine are $75 for $25 egiftcard now too. I almost have $150 points. I'm not sure why it's letting me redeem when I did one in October unless it's because of the changes. Anyone find out yet if we redeem this month if we can redeem again in Jan?[/QUOTE]

Ditto for me also, worst part is I forgot to get this quarters gift card. If I got it a few months ago, I would have gotten it for 50. I had 125 in credit but now I gotta bang out some more surveys.

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']Damn mine are $75 for $25 egiftcard now too. I almost have $150 points. I'm not sure why it's letting me redeem when I did one in October unless it's because of the changes. Anyone find out yet if we redeem this month if we can redeem again in Jan?[/QUOTE]
I'll let you know on Tuesday. :)

Yeah, I'm done with this site as well after I get enough for one more gift card. I had ~$110 saved up and was waiting for the next quarter. Looked at my account and saw they raised it from $50 to $75. Now I'll do enough surveys to make another $40 and I'm done.

Shame too, because the egiftcard is a lot quicker and easier. I think I'm in for one more redemption before I call it quits as well.

'twas fun while it lasted.

Sure enough, I'm at the $75-credit level for the $25 Gamestop GC after checking today. No way will I give up on it though, even if I were to screen out of every survey I'd be close to $50 in credit each quarter. If I can get just a few decent credit surveys done, that should put me over the $75 level.

Redeemed $50 for a $25 eGC and got my code emailed to me in a few short minutes. It's still $50/$25 on my account so I may stick around, depends on how frequently they're able to feed me surveys. If it ever switches to $75/$25, though, I'll likely leave like the rest of you are.

That's weird how some are getting to stay at $50 while the rest of us are getting kicked to $75. At first I thought maybe it had to do with seniority and the higher reward price was being applied to newer members but that doesn't seem to be the case. I've been on since Dec 2007.

also at the $75 for a $25 GS card. Damn should have been more on top of these emails. I had been ignoring them for the last year and a half to my detriment. Currently sitting around $35 so I might just get to $50 for the restaurants redeem for $100, or grind out to $75 and cash out for $25 at GS... what a crapshoot.

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']...Anyone find out yet if we redeem this month if we can redeem again in Jan?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='klimb22']I'll let you know on Tuesday. :)[/QUOTE]
Sure enough I was able to get another $25 GS eGift Card today for $50. :D

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Mine has stayed at $50. So strange.[/QUOTE]

Mine stayed 50 as well, and I'm currently at $43. Need some surveys soon to cash out before they raise it.

So are they making money off people or is it just a really stupid conversion?? I like sites were its like "earn $2 for this survey" and its really $2!

Wish I knew they had changed it to an egift so I could have redeemed last quarter and this quarter. I'm still sitting on $100 after redemption, but from what I can see, they've lifted the expiration nonsense. Now you only lose your currency (all of it) if you are inactive for the entire membership year.

If Member's account has been inactive for twelve (12) months immediately preceding the end of the Membership Year, one-hundred percent (100%) of any unused e-Rewards Currency remaining in the a Member's account that was earned during the just-ended Membership Year will expire, and will be removed from the Member's account.

Just went to redeem for GS gift card and bam, $75 for $25gc. Guess instead of getting a $25 GS gc every 3-6 month, it will be $25 gc every year now. This is a drastic jump unlike few years ago from ~$35 to $50. Don't think it's worth the time anymore.

I was able to hit $50 a quarter pretty consistently. Some months if I got lucky and hit a couple big payouts ($10 -$20 surveys) I'd even have a few bucks surplus. In fact I was supposed to get $20 for a mobile survey that they really wanted me to complete pretty badly (I got a call from a rep at home asking me to take it).

It was some sort of mobile survey about Wal-Mart. I was supposed to go to the store and then take a survey on my phone about my shopping experience. I was told that the invite to the survey would pop up on my phone when I got to the store but it never happened.

I might see how things go for Q1 2013. In the past I've fully qualified for about 1/3 of the surveys they send me. I'm thinking to hit $75 I'm going to have to qualify for most of them. This .25 partial credit stuff is just not going to get it done.

Heh, well, it looks like the GC is out of stock now even though it's digital. My reward page reads "$25 GameStop eGift Card (Out of Stock)" and I can't redeem any credits for it.

[quote name='MICHAE2414']Heh, well, it looks like the GC is out of stock now even though it's digital. My reward page reads "$25 GameStop eGift Card (Out of Stock)" and I can't redeem any credits for it.[/QUOTE]
Yep. Strange.

[quote name='MICHAE2414']Heh, well, it looks like the GC is out of stock now even though it's digital. My reward page reads "$25 GameStop eGift Card (Out of Stock)" and I can't redeem any credits for it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they are getting rid of the reward?

I think the Gamestop reward has been sold out in the past but it was only for a very short time and was back in stock although I don't ever remember it selling out this quickly.

If it does go away permanently then that will 100% put an end to me using this site. That was the only useful reward in the entire program. The only other thing I ever redeemed were a couple magazine subs but that was just because I was in a "use-it-or-lose-it" situation where my points were going to expire.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Just went to redeem for GS gift card and bam, $75 for $25gc. Guess instead of getting a $25 GS gc every 3-6 month, it will be $25 gc every year now. This is a drastic jump unlike few years ago from ~$35 to $50. Don't think it's worth the time anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Same for me. Doubt I'll be as on top of doing the surveys now as I was before. Such a shame too.

I just went to redeem for the quarter, and I see that I had a 50% price hike. The 2:1 ratio was acceptable, but 3:1 or $75 for a $25 GameStop gift card is ridiculous.

Ugh, my account, which is the one I have $54 in points on, got the Gamestop hike to $75, but my ex-wife's account, which I still maintain and does not have a lot of points, is still at the $50 level. This is bs.

[quote name='kube00']$4 and I'll get a $25 GC. Im not certain I can get $75 in a quarter. Anyone else email CS?[/QUOTE]

I emailed them about a week ago havent heard anything yet.

Yeah this is Bull that the Gamestop Reward has gone up. Your site is not worth it at $75 for a 1/3 of the effort we put into it.

Do you have to do something special to be able to get a gift card reward from Gamestop? All I'm able to redeem is PUR points. $25 is 5,000 PUR points. $50 is 12,000 points. $100 is 25,0000 points but no option to get a gift card.

[quote name='coopscohen']Do you have to do something special to be able to get a gift card reward from Gamestop? All I'm able to redeem is PUR points. $25 is 5,000 PUR points. $50 is 12,000 points. $100 is 25,0000 points but no option to get a gift card.[/QUOTE]

Dude we are not talking about PowerUp Rewards here. This is a completely different website we are talking about.

Been out of it for the holidays and just logged in to see the bump to $75 wtf. Why would e-rewards nerf the only reward that heavily appeals to the young male, the filet mignon of demographics. 'Frequent flyer miles and jewelry coupons! You shouldn't have e-rewards.' :roll:

I let them know it through their own 'Come back to us' survey for 3 bucks in credit. Has anyone reached out to them through twitter, @erewardsus? I also signed up via email featuring GameStop after signing up for a PUR card a few years ago.

[quote name='panda911']Been out of it for the holidays and just logged in to see the bump to $75 wtf. Why would e-rewards nerf the only reward that heavily appeals to the young male, the filet mignon of demographics. 'Frequent flyer miles and jewelry coupons! You shouldn't have e-rewards.' :roll:

I let them know it through their own 'Come back to us' survey for 3 bucks in credit. Has anyone reached out to them through twitter, @erewardsus? I also signed up via email featuring GameStop after signing up for a PUR card a few years ago.[/QUOTE]

Ive looked on their twitter and people are complaining about the gamestop issue and all they are saying is "Hi there, can you please send me your email address so I can pass this along to Member Services? Thanks". Jerks. If they dont fix it, I could care less about using them now.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Ive looked on their twitter and people are complaining about the gamestop issue and all they are saying is "Hi there, can you please send me your email address so I can pass this along to Member Services? Thanks". Jerks. If they dont fix it, I could care less about using them now.[/QUOTE]

If you hear back from them that way please let us know. I still haven't gotten a response to my email

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Dude we are not talking about PowerUp Rewards here. This is a completely different website we are talking about.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I know what e-rewards is. You take surveys to accumulate "credits" to redeem for rewards. I recently joined and I don't have an option to redeem for GameStop gift cards only Power Up Reward Points. Did they remove that option at some point or I'm I doing something wrong was my question?

[quote name='coopscohen']Dude, I know what e-rewards is. You take surveys to accumulate "credits" to redeem for rewards. I recently joined and I don't have an option to redeem for GameStop gift cards only Power Up Reward Points. Did they remove that option at some point or I'm I doing something wrong was my question?[/QUOTE]
Interesting, sounds like you're the first one to mention PowerUp Reward (PUR) Points as a reward option, I don't see that on my list. Maybe that's part of why the GameStop GC (for many older members) is being changed to $75/$50? I don't think any of us see PUR Points.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Ive looked on their twitter and people are complaining about the gamestop issue and all they are saying is "Hi there, can you please send me your email address so I can pass this along to Member Services? Thanks". Jerks. If they dont fix it, I could care less about using them now.[/QUOTE]

I don't use twitter, but at least they got some automated response? I emailed them on Dec 21 with a ticket# and everything, no response as of Jan 4. That's slower than USPS!

[quote name='Kazaganthi']I don't use twitter, but at least they got some automated response? I emailed them on Dec 21 with a ticket# and everything, no response as of Jan 4. That's slower than USPS![/QUOTE]

USPS gets a lot of unfair criticism. I just received a package, Oakland to Atlanta in 2 days. USPS is far and away the best value for your money.

[quote name='MICHAE2414']Interesting, sounds like you're the first one to mention PowerUp Reward (PUR) Points as a reward option, I don't see that on my list. Maybe that's part of why the GameStop GC (for many older members) is being changed to $75/$50? I don't think any of us see PUR Points.[/QUOTE]
I get points as well, no option for cards.

It's an insane amount for a few points. I think $25 for 5,000 points.

The good thing is it only takes about 5 days to get the points credited to my account.

(I thought I was the only one, or on a different site, guess not)

[quote name='burritoman']I get points as well, no option for cards.

It's an insane amount for a few points. I think $25 for 5,000 points.

The good thing is it only takes about 5 days to get the points credited to my account.

(I thought I was the only one, or on a different site, guess not)[/QUOTE]

5,000 PUR (Pick up Rewards, Gamestop members reward point system) points is like $5 off any purchase (I think 4,000 points gets $5 off used game)? So $75 in e-rewards is like a ~$15 gift card...that's even WORSE. And horrid compared to $50 e-rewards used to get a $25 gift card.

Originally, most of us got invited to e-rewards from Gamestop (email refer), that was the only way to have Gamestop gift card as a reward option.

Since most of you are bailing on e-Rewards I just wanted to point out that SurveySpree recently added GameStop to its list of rewards. $25 for $25 GC. I'm not sure if it's electronic or physical.

bread's done
Back