E3 2010 Highlights & Web Stream Guide

[quote name='MSUHitman']No you're wrong. There are NO 3rd party DLC's on the Live Marketplace that are free and add achievement points. If it's a Microsoft-published game, sometimes there's a free (with only a fraction of the full content) and pay version (see Forza 3, Fable 2, etc.) but I'm not for sure if the free DLC versions have the achievements or not.[/QUOTE]
Bioshock, Big brass balls.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Wait, so you can play offline?

I'm so excited for this game. The KOTOR series was, and still is, one of my all time favorites. Still need to get around to finishing the second though.. Probably going to start over both games and beat them before spring 11 when this launches. Played wow for a month, kinda got a little tired of it and never really been into MMOs. This has got me really pumped though.[/QUOTE]

Err... I messed up a little in my explanation, but I meant to say you play with others in a party. The game is fully online and I think you can do the storyline part solo sort of. I don't know it'll work, but we'll see we get our hands on a beta or when the game goes retail.

I didn't see Nintendo's conference but on paper it looks like it was the best. However, most of the good stuff that I see is going to the 3DS, so that means it'll be a while before this bears any fruit. Sony on the other hand has a lot of awesome stuff coming out through 2010 and into 2011. Move looks like it'll be the best motion-controller on the market, but I don't like the pricing on the controllers.

I haven't even checked out anything about Microsoft's conference, because I had a feeling it would suck. Not interested in Kinect at the moment. I'm taking a wait and see approach to every new piece of hardware coming down the pipeline, even the 3DS. I need to know pricing and if they're going to significantly improve their online capabilities before I get ready to pre-order.

[quote name='Malik112099']we are ranking E3 presentations not our personal preferences (which is the way you ranked it since you think there is more sony didnt show)...i MUCH prefer my xbox over my ps3 but MS' showing was weak sauce and Sony's was plain better. Nintendo stole the show[/QUOTE]

That's your personal preference. In my opinion, Sony won. I didn't have any desire for motion gaming (as I used to have a wii and hated it) until they showed Sorcery, and I then wanted the Move.

Microsoft's shit was just.. exactly that.

I am excited for Portal 2, Twisted Metal, Dead Space 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Killzone 3, and Sorcery. I don't really care about the 3d stuff though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xilly']That's your personal preference. In my opinion, Sony won. I didn't have any desire for motion gaming (as I used to have a wii and hated it) until they showed Sorcery, and I then wanted the Move.

Microsoft's shit was just.. exactly that.[/QUOTE]

REALLY......REALLY????? Sorcery is what put you over the edge??? LOL that game looks like a piss poor version of Fable mixed with Harry Potter, but hey whatever. Sony had a god conference, much better than Microsoft, but Nintendo "won" IMO.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Is the Sony conference queued up for replay? A buddy missed the Twisted Metal reveal and I want to watch it again.[/QUOTE]
If anything, Game Trailers usually has the edited down to the specific game portion of specific conferences within a few hours after they've been shown.

They'll have the G4 streams on their website sooner or later. You can also check Youtube and watch it from there.

Oh wow, I'm laughing so hard.

OK so they're doing a demo of Crysis 2 for the IGN interview. The guys playing with console buttons popping up (use X to reload etc.) and clearly a controller (Stiff view that's clearly using a thumbstick)

Then the game crashes... To the windows 7 desktop.

This to me says they've plugged a controller in and are showing it off to look like it was the console version but are really using the PC version for the superior graphics.

Wow, I don't know WTF is going on at CAG but ever since it started fucking up at the end of Nintendo I couldn't get the site to load until now. So gay. . .

Anyhow, I would have given Nintendo the best show award, except that they didn't have a single game I'd want. They did however have the best momentum and lineup of exclusives. Last year I gave M$ the nod but this year Sony takes the crown with Twisted Metal and making Gabe Newell eat his words. TM is the only game I absolutely must have from the entire lineup of games at E3 and the fact they were able to keep people second-guessing for easily a year or two is impressive for Sony. Also, I'm typically not a fan of racing games but I might pick up GT5 just because I know it will be one of those rare masterpieces. It's obvious a lot of love (and delays) went into that one.

Looks to me all the on stage demos were faked, except maybe the Sorcery one for the Move but we didnt get to see the game and the guy side by side. Even the Tiger Woods one looked fake with the lag/delay.

[quote name='DrNo888']Looks to me all the on stage demos were faked, except maybe the Sorcery one for the Move but we didnt get to see the game and the guy side by side. Even the Tiger Woods one looked fake with the lag/delay.[/QUOTE]

The delay is what makes me think it's real. I definitely think all the Move ones were real (You can choreograph but not that well) However some of the Kinect ones looked pretty fake, namely that one Star Wars one.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Then the game crashes... To the windows 7 desktop.[/QUOTE]

Is that what it was? I thought the software they were using to put it on a pc screen (dunno why they'd do that) crashed. Go Microshit windose. xD

[quote name='cgarb84']REALLY......REALLY????? Sorcery is what put you over the edge??? LOL that game looks like a piss poor version of Fable mixed with Harry Potter, but hey whatever. Sony had a god conference, much better than Microsoft, but Nintendo "won" IMO.[/QUOTE]

It looked fun. /shrug

[quote name='cgarb84']REALLY......REALLY????? Sorcery is what put you over the edge??? LOL that game looks like a piss poor version of Fable mixed with Harry Potter, but hey whatever. Sony had a god conference, much better than Microsoft, but Nintendo "won" IMO.[/QUOTE]

I thought it looked fun... Like Kameo with motion controls, but we'll have to wait and see how it actually plays.

...I think I may end up getting the Move when I pick up a PS3 Slim ($399 isn't bad) so long as it comes with a 250GB+ Hard Drive. Sorcery looks like it might be good and I think motion controls work really well for core Resident Evil games (I loved RE4 Wii).

[quote name='VipFREAK']Is that what it was? I thought the software they were using to put it on a pc screen (dunno why they'd do that) crashed. Go Microshit windose. xD[/QUOTE]

Not Window's fault that a game in pre alpha crashes. Also you can tell that there's the Crysis icon in the bottom, which to me says it's the game.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']You're expecting logic from Nintendo fans. Bad call.[/QUOTE]

lol i know shame on me for being logical but really wtf is with everyone getting high off the nintenkoolade today?

[quote name='Jodou']fuck. Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj1_By1c39A&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5QwH5Svnfw&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaE8xrTIbvs&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVLjDZfZOlo&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp0vlyCCkQQ&fmt=18[/QUOTE]

why isnt this game out already lol? damn i want to use deadpool so bad and though i hate how hes pimped in comics ie always wanted him to be in a fighter. damn shame shatterstar isnt in it too. taskmaster would be cool to use too btw is that weak shoryuken one of deadpools actual moves or can he copy/steal opponents moves?

Alright guys, OP is up to date with everything GT has available (still some stuff missing; will get later) so if you missed anything or want to relive the moment of your favorite trailer: it's all up there.

Enjoy and we'll see you next year!

Personally, Child of Eden made the biggest impression on me. I have never played Rez before, but the Child of Eden trailer was beautiful.

Ah man. I was so excited because I thought Sega announced Sakura Wars on their blog, but it was a typo... I loved Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love so much.

http://twitter.com/SEGA
"@KillerRamen Thanks for the catch! Blog updated. Super Monkey Ball 2 Sakura EDITION. ^kellie"

There actually is a Michael Jackson game being in the works, I guess Ubisoft ran out of time to announce it or something. I think the Michael Jackson game will work with Kinect or something, lol. I just read this on Wikipedia, so... don't blame me if it's not in the works. :p

Has Nintendo revealed whether the 3DS is backwards compatible? I figure that would be a no-brainer, but I have not seen any news story explicitly stating this.

[quote name='sotc1988']Has Nintendo revealed whether the 3DS is backwards compatible? I figure that would be a no-brainer, but I have not seen any news story explicitly stating this.[/QUOTE]

On Nintendo's official E3 site under the specs tab it said that all previous iterations of the DS and their games will work on the 3DS so I took that as a yes.

[quote name='Thomas96']I can't believe that they let Gabe Newell on that Sony E3 Stage...[/QUOTE]

What do you mean "let"? It went like this:

Sony: How much to get on that fucking stage and eat crow in front of the world

Gabe: A lot.

Sony: Done. Get out there, bitch.

The game previews and stuff just started on IGN and Youtube.

• 10:00 am
    Dead Space 2
  • 10:15 am
    Medal of Honor
  • 10:30 am
    Killzone 3
  • 10:45 am
    Epic Mickey
  • 11:00 am
    LittleBigPlanet 2
  • 11:30 pm
    Confidential (TBA)
  • 12:00 pm
    Confidential (TBA)
  • 1:20 pm
    Confidential (TBA)
  • 1:40 pm
    Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • 2:00 pm
    Bulletstorm
  • 2:20 pm
    Portal 2
  • 2:40 pm
    Brink
  • 3:00 pm
    Hunted: The Demon's Forge
  • 3:20 pm
    Monkey Island 2 - Special Edition
  • 3:40 pm
    Star Wars: The Old Republic
  • 4:00 pm
    Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
  • 4:15 pm
    Child of Eden
  • 4:30 pm
    Confidential (TBA)
  • 5:00 pm
    Confidential (TBA)
  • 5:20 pm
    Fallout: New Vegas
  • 5:40 pm
    Confidential (TBA)
  • 6:00 pm
    DJ Hero 2
  • 6:30 pm
    Confidential (TBA)
  • 6:45 pm
    Enslaved

It's so hard to keep up with the games now. Since the conferences, we found that Ocarina of Time will be on 3DS, Secret of Mana on iPhone, new Lego Star Wars, etc etc.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']It's so hard to keep up with the games now. Since the conferences, we found that Ocarina of Time will be on 3DS, Secret of Mana on iPhone, new Lego Star Wars, etc etc.[/QUOTE]

it's pretty much all over now.

Its been a fun past two days!

One really nice high point -- the 3DS

Several hundred low points, each lower than the next, and spread equally between Ubisoft and Microsoft.

One really wtf point -- Activision's rave conference.

[quote name='62t']Looks like a huge let down for RPG. No Tales of Vesperia/Graces, Last Story, or Xenoblade[/QUOTE]

Yeah was looking forward to learning more about those. I'm guessing 2011+ ?

bread's done
Back