E3 2010 Highlights & Web Stream Guide

Awful conference. The new COD, MGS Rising, Halo Reach, Gears 3, and the ESPN thing were the only bits that interested me. Kinect looks stupid as hell. The new 360 looks great...but I already have a 360 console. Soooo basically they gave us a few looks at franchises we've played before and then shat on our heads with Kinect.

Why is everyone saying it's slim? It looks almost the same width as the old 360, just with a new "slicker" case. Is there any indication of the actual size/weight of the console yet?

[quote name='MarioColbert']What are the rumors in regard to Kinect pricing?[/QUOTE]
They're exactly that, rumors. Trust me, the media will know what the price is before you do and right now MS has not set a price. They don't know what they're going to price it yet.

[quote name='dmunkee']lol, way to save the show. NEW 360s for everyone! Don't hate us![/QUOTE]

What better way to save a show than a good old-fashioned bribe?

I liked it up till after the Halo Reach material. Then after that it was pure crap. Although the rumor about the new 360 was dead on and it was a good way to end it. I'm tempted to buy one to be honest. I still use the 20 gig hdd and need a bigger one anyway. Only concern question is. How do I transfer all of my xbla games? :lol:

[quote name='KingBroly']USB drives, remember?[/QUOTE]

But a transfer cable is quicker :p hehe.

Well crappy conference, I expect the same from Sony when they whore out the move. Nintendo might actually have the best conference this year sadly.

[quote name='Cao Cao']What better way to save a show than a good old-fashioned bribe?[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Hey we wasted a good hour or two of your lives with a Wii knock off...how bout a free 360? Hmmm? It's free...no really. Write good stuff about Kinect though. Kinect? It's the thing we were showing for an hour straight. Do you remember the white guy who danced? Nevermind. Take the console.

Can't believe they showed Reach... We already seen enough of that. And then they went and screwed it even more. All that sports crap was obnoxious.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']But a transfer cable is quicker :p hehe.

Well crappy conference, I expect the same from Sony when they whore out the move. Nintendo might actually have the best conference this year sadly.[/QUOTE]

Well, how will you be able to transfer the content from an older HDD if you can't connect it to something?

Like I said, the last good piece of news out of this conference was free ESPN. They wisely didn't announce Kinect's price and instead went for a bribe.

I thought the conference sucked... Fable 3 looks fun, but I'm a bit worried that they described the main characters as brothers... One of the most fun things about Fable 2 was being a giant lesbian with a wife in every town.

[quote name='KingBroly']Well, how will you be able to transfer the content from an older HDD if you can't connect it to something?

Like I said, the last good piece of news out of this conference was free ESPN. They wisely didn't announce Kinect's price and instead went for a bribe.[/QUOTE]

That's what I wanted to know. Sounds like the only option is usb.

Actually, I guess the bribe explains why they wanted to keep it a smaller-attendance event than last year (Re: Cheapy's trouble getting tickets for Wombat and Shipwreck).

[quote name='KingBroly']One thing just dawned on me. What about the Arcade?[/QUOTE]
Good point. Now that I think about it, they didn't mention XBL Arcade or Game Room at all.

KingBroly

I'll assume their line-up of games will be on the show floor. They did not show Crackdown 2, Alan Wake and Mass Effect 2 DLC. We'll here more of this once the actual show starts later today.

[quote name='Cao Cao']Actually, I guess the bribe explains why they wanted to keep it a smaller-attendance event than last year (Re: Cheapy's trouble getting tickets for Wombat and Shipwreck).

Good point. Now that I think about it, they didn't mention XBL Arcade or Game Room at all.[/QUOTE]

Spot on with Cheapy's troubles.

Also, I am also very curious about the Arcade. I remember reading somewhere a MS employee stated they would hit $150 in the near future, but I don't know if that just means a price drop or revision is in... or what?

[quote name='Cao Cao']Actually, I guess the bribe explains why they wanted to keep it a smaller-attendance event than last year (Re: Cheapy's trouble getting tickets for Wombat and Shipwreck).
[/QUOTE]
Exactly what I thought when they announced that.

[quote name='Conboy']KingBroly

I'll assume their line-up of games will be on the show floor. They did not show Crackdown 2, Alan Wake and Mass Effect 2 DLC. We'll here more of this once the actual show starts later today.[/QUOTE]

I think you're misunderstanding me. The Arcade SKU. This was a redesign for the Elite at $299, not the Arcade.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Spot on with Cheapy's troubles.

Also, I am also very curious about the Arcade. I remember reading somewhere a MS employee stated they would hit $150 in the near future, but I don't know if that just means a price drop or revision is in... or what?[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you watched the end of the conference with the interviews, one of the MS people said the Arcade would be dropping to $149.99 retail. That's a great price for those who haven't picked up a console yet. I might even pick one up for the gf's house so we can watch Netflix and whatnot.

Highlights have all been posted and I'll be inserting the trailers once people upload them. See you in an hour and a half. . .

Don't forget Wal-Mart is doing a $50 gift card promo right now with the Arcade - and they come with Banjo and Viva.

If thats the case and Wal-Mart has some left when they hit $150 - Epic Win for non-360 owners.

I can't help but be worried about the hardware of the new Xbox 360... I got mine around launch time and I'm on my 5th. I think I'll wait to see what happens and maybe pick-up the inevitable Winter bundle.

EA and the slim hope of expanded Mass Effect news is up next. Between them and Ubisoft, if the rest of the day shits the bed like the first conference I'm taking it easy for the rest of E3.

[quote name='KingBroly']I think you're misunderstanding me. The Arcade SKU. This was a redesign for the Elite at $299, not the Arcade.[/QUOTE]

Oh, sorry about that.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']When was that Mass Effect 2 trailer shown? Was it at EA's or Microsofts?[/QUOTE]

Microsoft was more concerned about getting COD DLC first than Mass Effect. By 2012, COD will be dead anyway.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']When was that Mass Effect 2 trailer shown? Was it at EA's or Microsofts?[/QUOTE]

I don't remember for sure, but I think it was EA's. Since EA has their own booth and presentation time slot, I would expect any reveals for their games to come during their own show.

Ugh this conference was pretty brutal. I mean it was so bad, and Microsoft knew it, that they had to bribe the journalists at the thing with free slims lol. If Sony and Nintendo are at this level I may just take a few years off from gaming..... ok not really, but I will want to.

EA running late as usual, but should start about 2:10. Christ these guys really like White Stripes and The Killers. Been playing songs from them non-stop.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Everyone just getting audio thus far? Looks like they haven't kicked over video yet[/QUOTE]
They're running late.

Looks like they're starting off with the new NFS Hot Pursuit game.

The Bonus? It's developed by Criterion Games (Burnout, Black)

Excited for new Need for Speed. They promised 10 new games from 10 publishers. Bioware should be in there I hope. Guessing it will be Dragon Age 2....would LOVE to see Mass Effect 3 teased.

bread's done
Back