EA Online Codes Free!

[quote name='TaylorM06']I misread it when I first read the title, thought they were giving away Madness Returns for free, but grabbing the online pass now will make up for hopefully finding a used one for cheap down the road worth it :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I still think the title is misleading.

And for some reason used versions of Alice have really been holding their value at $15+. I traded my copy in to Gamestop for $20 when they were doing those amazing trade in values, thinking I'd be able to rebuy it for $10 easily. I spent many months waiting for it to drop, and eventually rebought it for $13 during an Origin Store sale.

[quote name='TheMaximumC']They didn't listen to us. They are now just buddy buddy with Microsoft, and with them essentially phasing out used games EA doesn't have to worry about losing any money off their games.[/QUOTE]
Sad you and me are not suckers but most people are. EA is the devil!

Awesome! Got the BFBC pass. One of my favorite games on my PS3 and I bought the 360 at a yard sale last year for a buck. Never played it because I didn't want to pay for a new pass.

Hopefully it still has players

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Sad you and me are not suckers but most people are. EA is the devil![/QUOTE]
No XBone for me. I'll stick with the x360 and ps3. Playing my used ea games, if I had any.

[quote name='bojay1997']They got rid of them in anticipation that the Xbox One and possibly the PS4 will have built-in used DRM. As such, every EA game will have something much stronger and more restrictive than their current online pass system.[/QUOTE]

The thing about Sony is that they already have the tech to detect if you're the original owner of the game. They implemented it in crossbuy. For crossbuy it's pretty cool, but I'd bet a month of foodstamps that the PS4 will use this same tech for something a lot less benign, especially where EA is involved.

[quote name='nnthomas']For anyone curious, I tried to remember what each pass actually gives. Some are required to get all achievements, some give you included bonuses, some just give online access.

- Alice (full original Alice - requires disc; includes achievements)
- Kingdom of Amalur (extra quests and arena stuff)
- Dragon Age 1 (Stone Prisoner DLC - extra quests and character (Shale); includes achievements)
- Dragon Age 2 (Black Emporium DLC - bonus items and shop)
- Shift 2 (probably just online)
- Bulletstorm (just gives you online perks AFAIK, online was always free)
- Bad Company 2 (probably just online, maybe other perks)
- Skate 3 (required for online for achievements, includes "share pack")
- Mass Effect 2 Cerberus Network (extra quests, character (Zaeed), achievements)
- Medal of Honor (probably just online)

It should be noted that Skate 3 has since shut down its "sharing" feature (thus unable to earn those achievements relating) - online should work just fine.[/QUOTE]

Bad Company 2 VIP Pass gave you access to extra maps and modes. The online was always free on it, you just didn't have access to all the maps/modes.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Y2Bogus']The thing about Sony is that they already have the tech to detect if you're the original owner of the game. They implemented it in crossbuy. For crossbuy it's pretty cool, but I'd bet a month of foodstamps that the PS4 will use this same tech for something a lot less benign, especially where EA is involved.[/QUOTE]

Sony told Kotaku today anything like that will be on the publishers end and they will not force it.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Did they shut down MOH online? Pass isnt there...[/QUOTE]

I foun the pass earlier today. But it was on the Xbox not from searching online

Thought Alice was free lol. Might make a GameStop run after work and use my B2G1 coupon. Never played either game before.

EDIT: nevermind it's $34.99 used. Eff that lol

Last edited by a moderator:
The Alice link isn't working for me (Page Not Found) and I can't find it on the console either. Tried searching on Xbox.com too.

Battlefield and ME2 are all I'd need and I have them already, but it's nice to see this after EA said they were done with online passes. Or this form of online passes, anyway.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']WOW Bad Company 2 is still active! AWESOME shooter, I highly recommend it to any shooter fan. Much better than BF3[/QUOTE]

TOTALLY agree!

What the hell

Hey! ALICE NEEDS THE GAME DISC OF THE SEQUEL TO WORK

YOU THINK YOU COULD fucking PUT THAT INTO THE LINK DESCRIPTION

Jack-ass!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='TheRainCoat']What the hell

Jack-ass!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Uh oh, a nerd has been angered.

If you had any sense you would have read the dozens of posts that state the Alice download requires the Madness Returns disc, because it was a season pass. Further use of your brain would have helped you realize that everything EA is "giving away" is just the online passes for a bunch of their older games.

I've never hated EA but I will only be really happy if they patch DS3 to have system link. If they do away with that online pas their is no reason to force people to play a co-op game over the internet.

[quote name='zyxomma100']...This floors me. I was surprised enough to hear they were doing away with online passes, but the fact that they have actually retroactively applied this to some of their games... I never would have seen this coming.

I wouldn't fully call it an act of goodwill... It is, after all, simply undoing an industry practice that was overly restrictive that EA themselves championed... But this is a good resolution to one of my major complaints about EA. Wow. I can start buying some of their games again.[/QUOTE]

the only reason they are getting rid of them, is because the xbox one doesn't need online passes.. since it requires an activation fee for used games, that is the exact same as an online pass, just with a different word.

Jack-ass!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]take the rain coat off buddy and go drown in a puddle of water

DOUCHEBAG!!!!!!!!:whistle2:#

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Dead Space 3, Battlefield 3, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, and Mass Effect 3 Online pass are also free.:applause:[/QUOTE]

where the bf3 online pass i cant find it

[quote name='crazylox2001']where the bf3 online pass i cant find it[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I can't find any of those.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm well that's strange I downloaded them earlier but I just searched them up on my xbox and they don't appear. I am not sure whats going on maybe they are sorting it out. :whistle2:k

Might pick up Kingdoms of Amalur used now. DS3 eventually too if that's free.

I wonder how many of these games severs will be killed within a year of Xbone release?

[quote name='SIX min WHISTLE']Might pick up Kingdoms of Amalur used now. DS3 eventually too if that's free.

I wonder how many of these games severs will be killed within a year of Xbone release?[/QUOTE]

most, if not all.

Good lord..where did that even come from?!

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Dead Space 3, Battlefield 3, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, and Mass Effect 3 Online pass are also free.:applause:[/QUOTE]

I'll have to use my free gold passes I guess. Souleater profile pic??

Cant find any of them from the pc, but there's also a free dlc for moh and the "contract pass" for hitman absolution, don't know if those were already free.

[quote name='im_dany']Cant find any of them from the pc, but there's also a free dlc for moh and the "contract pass" for hitman absolution, don't know if those were already free.[/QUOTE]

Renting Hitman Absolution from gamefly, and I can play Contracts mode currently without this contract pass, unless this is something different

It was reported today that they will be doing this for their entire lineup that has already been released and requires an online pass!

bread's done
Back