EA Online Codes Free!

[quote name='stoned99']The j/k is they plan on shutting down all their servers, so get that mp in quick.[/QUOTE]

Yea. They retired old servers like Madden 2011, so there's not much left for me.

Perhaps the op can be updated to include what comes with what. For example if you bought the GOD version of DA2 you already have this. I'm wondering about the DA1 stuff. I have the 2 disc complete version. Guess I can google or dig out the box. Just a thought.

Edit: looks like the ultimate edition of DA origins does include the stone prisoner.

[quote name='irafreak']Perhaps the op can be updated to include what comes with what. For example if you bought the GOD version of DA2 you already have this. I'm wondering about the DA1 stuff. I have the 2 disc complete version. Guess I can google or dig out the box. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]
It's the same for all of them-- If you bought the game new, you have this. If you bought it used, you probably don't.

I thought Need for Speed Hot Pursuit was included? I can't find an online pass for that. Maybe there never was one?

I did grab the BFBC2 one. Thanks OP!

It would be much appreciated if other company's followed suit. We were greeted with an online pass when my oldest bought Starhawk. Fortunately GS gave him an unused code. I think it might actually have been a new copy they were selling as used, but I'm not sure. GS is weird like that, though. I would like to be able to try the game with my account, and without having to buy another damn OP. Grrr.

hmmm so the American McGee's Alice dlc is gone now from the marketplace. Did someone say you can just download it through the game itself? or is American McGee's Alice just gone now altogether?

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']hmmm so the American McGee's Alice dlc is gone now from the marketplace. Did someone say you can just download it through the game itself? or is American McGee's Alice just gone now altogether?[/QUOTE]

Most, if not all EA games using Online Pass have an option to get an online pass.

Sometimes it prompts you for this, sometimes you have to fetch it through the options.

It should pop up like you were buying DLC, but it will just say "FREE" instead of the original price.

[quote name='AlphaQSilly']Huh? If I already have the VIP code from my copy whats the point of downloading this.[/QUOTE]

if you already redeemed it, there is no point. you already have the vip pack then.

[quote name='AlphaQSilly']Huh? If I already have the VIP code from my copy whats the point of downloading this.[/QUOTE]
That warning was from when these passes cost money. They didn't want you to pay to download it if you bought the game new and already had a code.

EA thanks you for buying a new copy and you move on with your life.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Hmmmm well that's strange I downloaded them earlier but I just searched them up on my xbox and they don't appear. I am not sure whats going on maybe they are sorting it out. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
well at least ds3 online pass back free, I did have to go through the disk instead of store though.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Dead Space 3, Battlefield 3, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, and Mass Effect 3 Online pass are also free.:applause:[/QUOTE]

Posting links at CAG is free too. Why not try it?

[quote name='morrodox']Posting links at CAG is free too. Why not try it?[/QUOTE]
There is no way to get those from the website. It can only be done in-game.

[quote name='morrodox']Posting links at CAG is free too. Why not try it?[/QUOTE]

There is no need to be an ass. The online pass were not showing up on xbox.com so unless you can magically pull them up on the website then go ahead.

It's good that EA is doing this, but this only makes me question what will happen when the next generation is finally out. Guess we'll know after E3.

The best thing about EA games losing the online pass is that there will be an influx of new players who never were able to play online. This is actually a good thing for the people who already have their online pass, but may be lacking for online opponents. Makes me want to pick up Fight Night Champions again. I will also be looking for a used copy of Fifa 13.

[quote name='Jcole432']Original Article
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...asses-for-ea-games-now-free-on-xbox-live.aspx

Apparently they are attempting to contact EA in regards to passes being dropped on PSN. I'm still in awe that EA is dumping them...[/QUOTE]

Because EA is going in to Microtransactions which will make them more money by charging you for ingame stuff like higher levels weapons and trucks you will have to buy it if you want to get this extra stuff not like online pass which if you buy the game new won't cost you anything now watch how greedy they get.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-consumers-enjoying-and-embracing-microtransactions-6404525

Got rid of BF3 a while ago, but feel like I should give Bad Company 2 another shot since it'll probably have more players than it has in a while. Always preferred it to BF3.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']They need to make BF3 online pass free as well.[/QUOTE]

It is. You have to download it from the store menu in the game.

This is a solid start.

The next step, IMO, is to monitor the online marketplace and periodically perma-discount DLC. Too many titles have full price DLC after 3+ years, with one or two pieces of DLC costing more than the actual game nowadays.

EA shouldn't even have a online pass in the first place. The only reason they had those stupid online passes was of GS. So now they taking them out cause ppl don't like it and just maybe, just maybe they was voted worst company two years in a row. Way to go EA, way to go!

[quote name='oldschool990']EA shouldn't even have a online pass in the first place. The only reason they had those stupid online passes was of GS. So now they taking them out cause ppl don't like it and just maybe, just maybe they was voted worst company two years in a row. Way to go EA, way to go![/QUOTE]

Well, not to blame it on GS, but they just wanted to try and get some money out of the used game market.

[quote name='Deader2818']Well, not to blame it on GS, but they just wanted to try and get some money out of the used game market.[/QUOTE]

It's not all gs but parts of it is. Do they need to sux any more money out of ppl? They already making a lot of money on there games like battlefield,madden etc just to name a few.

Last edited by a moderator:
So any word on what the deal might be for the "online pass" for Alice? If you put in a code or buy it on GoD do you still get it?

Just curious for others as I got it when KMart put it on sale a month after it came out.

bread's done
Back