EA/Origin Store Sale 29th-31st -40% off select games, 4.99 PCDD games, free NFS:S

coleipoo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Heads up of incoming sales (insider info, unfortunately don't know all the details, plus it's Origin, bleh).

Get ready for a huge summer game sale from Origin Powered by EA. For three days only select PCDD games will be available for only $4.99. That's not all though, Origin Powered by EA is also offering 40% off select console games plus free Need for Speed Shift FOr PC digital download. Trust us; this is one sale you don’t want to miss!

Link to store (thanks to Spafon):

Console Games
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbpage.hotdeals

PCDD:
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbpage.summersale

Select PCDD Games for $4.99

Titles include:
MySims™
Battlefield Bad Company™ 2
Spore™
Plus many more titles!

Save 40% on Select Console Games +
Free Need for Speed Shift

Titles include (thanks to ClevelandBrowns):
Battlefield Bad company 2: Ultimate Edition
Dragon Age 2
Dead Space 2
Shift 2 Unleashed
Mass Effect 2
Sims 3
Portal 2
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Fifa 11
Dragon Age Ultimate Edition
Medal of Honor
Fight Night champion
Rango
NHL 11
Bulletstorm
Tiger Woods 12
Skate 3
Army of Two 40th day
Dante's Inferno
Monopoly Streets
NHL Slapshot

All sales receive a free copy of Need for Speed: Shift digital download.
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of want Mass Effect 2 @ $23.99, but I think I can hold off until it goes to $20. I'd have to pick another game if I buy now, and pay tax too.

Maybe there will be another drop for ME:2 when the third one comes out.

[quote name='Heavyd814life']This happened to me as well with a code i bought from someone here - maybe try calling CS to see if they'll replace it[/QUOTE]
I talked to them they said they no longer give away nor use $ off coupon. Only % off coupon. And I got pissed because I had 3 that's now useless. The best they could do was giving me 3 20% off coupon. Unbelievable. I was saving it for EA Inside Deals.

$23 for ME2 on PS3 is really nice, but this deal needs a free shipping code to top it off. Could buy DA:0 ultimate for PS3 as well, then easily sell it on Ebay for $18. That would bump me up to free shipping at $40. Hmmmmm....

For those in the know, how much more value does Dragon Age Ultimate Edition add over the original, and would it be worth buying if I own the original release (I think it comes with that golem DLC as well). As an example, I held out for Fallout 3 Game of the Year, but I actually ended up playing very little of the DLC because the base game was plenty big and I had my fill by the time I had played through most of it. I've been playing through Dragon Age origins recently, and it too seems pretty big...

This one appears to be missing now?? I can't seem to find it on the page...?

C&C The First Decade is showing as $20 now; Wasn't it on the $5.00 sale page earlier?

[quote name='vashtheowner']Wow I might have to buy some of those C&C games for $5. Def getting the first decade one though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kazuya']For those in the know, how much more value does Dragon Age Ultimate Edition add over the original, and would it be worth buying if I own the original release (I think it comes with that golem DLC as well). As an example, I held out for Fallout 3 Game of the Year, but I actually ended up playing very little of the DLC because the base game was plenty big and I had my fill by the time I had played through most of it. I've been playing through Dragon Age origins recently, and it too seems pretty big...[/QUOTE]

Awakening adds quite a bit of gameplay. It's worth getting since I think Awakening goes for about $20 on its own. As far as Fallout 3 goes, most of the DLC was worth playing. If you haven't gone back to play it, you should. Operation Anchorage has a shitty story, but there are some great perks (the stealth suit, for one). The Pitt was alright, but no good equipment. Broken Steel and Point Lookout both add a great amount to the story, and they are amazing. The last DLC (the alien one, the name escapes me) was pretty bad, though.

Code has been redeemed.

I have a birthday promo code that stacks with the deal I think. Should be a good 6 dollar off or whatever 25 percent equals. FCFS if it works, but please don't use the code if you're only ordering a 5 dollar game lol.

It only works for 1 purchase it says.

Does anyone know if the battlefield 2 servers or the 2142 servers are full enough to justify buying either game? I have a hard copy of bf2... but couldnt run it at the time.

[quote name='Kazuya']For those in the know, how much more value does Dragon Age Ultimate Edition add over the original, and would it be worth buying if I own the original release (I think it comes with that golem DLC as well). As an example, I held out for Fallout 3 Game of the Year, but I actually ended up playing very little of the DLC because the base game was plenty big and I had my fill by the time I had played through most of it. I've been playing through Dragon Age origins recently, and it too seems pretty big...[/QUOTE]

UE is pretty underwhelming. The DLC is categorically bad. They can be fun if you enjoy DAO, I enjoyed all of them but the horrible dwarf one, but they are still bad. Awakenings is pretty much the same, fun but not particularly satisfying. About 15 hours of gameplay, gameplay being your character running around decimating everything because they don't even pretend to balance classes beyond level 20.

For me the core game was about 60 hours, Awakenings near 18, and the DLCs somewhere between 1-3 each. But they aren't good. At all. The best is the golem one, which you already own.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']UE is pretty underwhelming. The DLC is categorically bad. They can be fun if you enjoy DAO, I enjoyed all of them but the horrible dwarf one, but they are still bad. Awakenings is pretty much the same, fun but not particularly satisfying. About 15 hours of gameplay, gameplay being your character running around decimating everything because they don't even pretend to balance classes beyond level 20.

For me the core game was about 60 hours, Awakenings near 18, and the DLCs somewhere between 1-3 each. But they aren't good. At all. The best is the golem one, which you already own.[/QUOTE]

Thanks horsewarrior... and thanks afarewell2arms as well. I guess it sounds like to me with my huge backlog that the core game is enough for me since I already own it. From your hour breakdown, it certainly sounds like it gives you the bulk of the experience.

Does anyone know if the battlefield 2 servers or the 2142 servers are full enough to justify buying either game? I have a hard copy of bf2... but couldnt run it at the time.
Yea both are still pretty active all the time. Like any older games, there are busier times such as nights and weekends, and some days can have almost nothing going (particularly in 2142).

In summation, both have their dedicated fanbases and regularly gain new players, if not daily. If you are into battlefield, I would say they are worth WAY more than asking price.

If you pick up 2142, pm me, and I will play some rounds with you (i still pick it up once or twice a week)

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Mirror's Edge for $5 sounds good. Anyone play this with the 360 controller? How does it play out on PC?[/QUOTE]

Just spent an hour playing with the 360 controller. Plays great, no issues whatsoever and the game still looks amazing.

I am getting an error message saying "payment authorization failed." I am using the EA wallet since I have credit from an EA screw up in the past.

Is anyone else getting this error?

Anyone have an EA promo code that they don't want? Debating picking up 2 or 3 games.

Tempted by DA2 as well, but I know I'd just end up buying it again when its packaged with DLC.

[quote name='Mizz Behavin']I am getting an error message saying "payment authorization failed." I am using the EA wallet since I have credit from an EA screw up in the past.

Is anyone else getting this error?[/QUOTE]
I got this last time I tried to place an order, 2 weeks ago and they still have it unresolved.

[quote name='The Nephilim']So I bought SimCity4 deluxe. Do I get a NFS game free? Is it all sales or just for the console ones? Because I don't see it in my Origin now.[/QUOTE]
It'd have shown up in your cart as $0 if it was included.

[quote name='kouleefoh']It'd have shown up in your cart as $0 if it was included.[/QUOTE]

Aww man. I was hoping it'd be included too. I suck at racing But my wife enjoys them occasionally. Especially Burnout or pimping out your car games.

Yeah, I tried buying the DD for Mirror's Edge and nada. I then added in a console game and Shift appeared in my cart. I decided just to cancel my order since I'm chock full of fun from the last Steam sale anyway. Still, you'd think that buying a digital download game from the sale... would correspond with the free digital download for Shift and not from the sale of a console game. Good for fellow console players, but man, I really wanted Mirror's Edge and the free racing game ;)

Apparently confusing topic, it does not seem Need for Speed Shift is free for all things, only if it is purchased on console, then get free PC version of NFS Shift.

[quote name='Samuelc79']Is Spore worth the cost? I'd hate to buy a game and not like it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't have much fun with it outside of the creature editor. Although I didn't mind paying the $5.99 I payed for it last year just to satisfy my curiosity.

[quote name='Doomtime']Just spent an hour playing with the 360 controller. Plays great, no issues whatsoever and the game still looks amazing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Doubt I'll be able to make it look as pretty as a console version since I'm using a laptop (probably not much worse though), but you can't beat $5 for this awesome title.

I've seen several posts on these boards over the past couple of months where people have made various disparaging remarks about Origin. I never paid too much attention to them though because I figured that I was probably never gonna use the service. So I'm a little bit fuzzy on what the main gripes are against Origin. Anybody care to run through some of them for me?

I had discounted them as an option because their prices weren't competitive with what Steam can offer. With the current sale though, that's less of a concern. In particular, I have my eyes set on possibly picking up Spore.

Great deal thanks! Picked up Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 2 for $50 shipped...doubt I'll ever use Origin but downloaded the free game anyways, this is why I love this site :D

[quote name='The End']I've seen several posts on these boards over the past couple of months where people have made various disparaging remarks about Origin. I never paid too much attention to them though because I figured that I was probably never gonna use the service. So I'm a little bit fuzzy on what the main gripes are against Origin. Anybody care to run through some of them for me?

I had discounted them as an option because their prices weren't competitive with what Steam can offer. With the current sale though, that's less of a concern. In particular, I have my eyes set on possibly picking up Spore.[/QUOTE]

Most of them are the terms of use. They can disallow you from re downloading a game you bought months after you did because they don't want to host it anymore. So if you buy a game and get a new PC in two years and want to download that game again , it could be unavailable.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Story sucks but I agree, great game. Where's part 2 ea ? Oh and use the frostbite engine to make it[/QUOTE]
Not that it matters, but it doesn't use the frostbite engine - it's the Unreal Engine. DICE didn't include the editor with the install but there's a hacked version available for it and a few custom maps out there.

im considering picking up bulletstorm, i was waiting on a steam sale but considering how things are between EA and steam they will probably pulled out the game from steam sooner than later...o_O..

Yeah I was forced to use Origin for the BF3 Alpha and I must say that the software is complete shit. I would actually think about grabbing some games from this sale if the software was better for Origin.
Oh well, will just buy on Steam if EA games ever go back on sale there.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']im considering picking up bulletstorm, i was waiting on a steam sale but considering how things are between EA and steam they will probably pulled out the game from steam sooner than later...o_O..[/QUOTE]
It wouldn't get pulled

If you research what games were pulled you would know that there's certain circumstances that make a game unable to be sold on Steam

I've wanted Dead Space 2 for awhile, and $24 is a good price. My computer can probably run Shift too, so if I jump on this deal today, I'll definitely check that out.

Man I've been wanting Monopoly Streets forever. Been holding out for $20 though. The bonus game definitely sweetens the deal enough to make me want to pull the trigger.

EDIT: Just put it in my cart. $30+ with shipping even before tax. Ewww.

Ugh, still going to wait for DS2 to hit $20/PH status. Frustrated because I shelled out $37 for BFBC2 Ultimate not too long ago during Amazon's B2G1 free sale, made each game end up costing $25. I suppose there wasn't much else I wanted on Amazon's list and I know EA's shipping prices are pretty bad, but this is only the beginning of the price-drops of BFBC2's Ultimate Edition. Just a heads-up, the redemption codes that come with a new copy are only good until August 31st of this year.

Was going to get Battlefield 2, but it looks like they don't want to take PayPal.

And apparently it's only certain games they don't take PayPal for.

What the hell, EA?

[quote name='leung19']
P.S. how is simcity 4? any good?[/QUOTE]
Very accessible as far as sims go. In comparison to the other games in the series, SimCity 3000 Unlimited is still my favorite, but this game is easy to get into, still looks good, and is well worth the price.

bread's done
Back