EA/Origin Store Sale 29th-31st -40% off select games, 4.99 PCDD games, free NFS:S

coleipoo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Heads up of incoming sales (insider info, unfortunately don't know all the details, plus it's Origin, bleh).

Get ready for a huge summer game sale from Origin Powered by EA. For three days only select PCDD games will be available for only $4.99. That's not all though, Origin Powered by EA is also offering 40% off select console games plus free Need for Speed Shift FOr PC digital download. Trust us; this is one sale you don’t want to miss!

Link to store (thanks to Spafon):

Console Games
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbpage.hotdeals

PCDD:
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbpage.summersale

Select PCDD Games for $4.99

Titles include:
MySims™
Battlefield Bad Company™ 2
Spore™
Plus many more titles!

Save 40% on Select Console Games +
Free Need for Speed Shift

Titles include (thanks to ClevelandBrowns):
Battlefield Bad company 2: Ultimate Edition
Dragon Age 2
Dead Space 2
Shift 2 Unleashed
Mass Effect 2
Sims 3
Portal 2
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Fifa 11
Dragon Age Ultimate Edition
Medal of Honor
Fight Night champion
Rango
NHL 11
Bulletstorm
Tiger Woods 12
Skate 3
Army of Two 40th day
Dante's Inferno
Monopoly Streets
NHL Slapshot

All sales receive a free copy of Need for Speed: Shift digital download.
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karyadi']How much is shipping and do they charge tax?[/QUOTE]
Free Ship with 39 or More Order

*Info taken from the banner on the site.

Edit: 6.99 Standard Otherwise (Plus, the delivery guy comes to your door wearing a banana hammock. At least that's what showed up at my door last time.)

[quote name='yesokyesok']Free Ship with 39 or More Order

*Info taken from the banner on the site.

Edit: 6.99 Standard Otherwise (Plus, the delivery guy comes to your door wearing a banana hammock. At least that's what showed up at my door last time.)[/QUOTE]

My best friend and I think that's awesome. In fact she used the words "Bad-ass." What about the tax? I need to see what else I might want or if I want free shipping at all. Hm..

[quote name='karyadi']My best friend and I think that's awesome. In fact she used the words "Bad-ass." What about the tax? I need to see what else I might want or if I want free shipping at all. Hm..[/QUOTE]

Origin FAQ

Im going to do the gohastings 40% off deal instead of this. The shipping kills it and shift isnt the console version. Not to mention even with the 40% off ea deal bulletstorm still is a couple of bucks higher than my price point.

Will this be a code or will all the prices on that site drop? I'm about to turn in. I was waiting just for this deal to start to make sure I get my copy. Portal 2 + Dragon Age Ultimate hits free shipping btw guys if it's 40% off.

[quote name='karyadi']Will this be a code or will all the prices on that site drop? I'm about to turn in. I was waiting just for this deal to start to make sure I get my copy. Portal 2 + Dragon Age Ultimate hits free shipping btw guys if it's 40% off.[/QUOTE]

No CODE. No PANTS. No PROBLEMS.

Wow, shipping is $7. I will definitely pass. I don't feel like spending over $40 on EA games just to get free shipping. (All I wanted as Dragon Age 2 anyways, looks like I will just wait for an ultimate edition)

[quote name='wolverine81']the deal is live if anyone is interested.[/quote]

lies

EDIT:I think the system is messing up. It just showed Portal 2 at 59.99 yet ME 2 at 7 bucks. I refreshed and it went back to original prices.

Anyone having trouble adding NFS: Shift for free to their PC-only digital download order? I only have Mirror's Edge (PC, downloadable) in my cart, but when I check my shopping cart or try to check out I don't see Shift.

EDIT: Ah, BOO. Looks like Shift is only given to people who purchase physical product. To test things I added a retail game to my cart and Shift was added automatically. Once I removed the retail game (DA2, XBox 360) Shift also left the cart. What the heck? I would have thought that Shift would have been more of a PC bonus given that it's the PC DD version. Or am I just smoking crack and doing something wrong?

I don't really want to spend over 39 so shipping kills it for me. I just wanted Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 but that would bring it to about 30 and that's what it's going for on Amazon anyway. At the same time, the deals are great over that amount.

[quote name='ChocolateNinja']I got BC2 vanilla for $5 plus tax then redeemed it as the digital deluxe edition with Vietnam on origin.[/QUOTE]

If I understand it correctly, that doesn't actually work. While it does allow you to download the Deluxe Edition (inc. Vietnam), when you try to actually play Vietnam (after the download) it requests a Vietnam Specific CD-Key to launch...could be wrong though, that's just how I understood it. Please post back if you get it to work though because if so I will probably go ahead and buy it.

Would do Skate 3, but after the $7 shipping it would come to $25, which really isn't a deal considering you can find it $25 pretty much anywhere. Nothing else I'm interested in that I could add to make it $40. The only possible choice would be Bulletstorm, and I'd rather have that on PC...

Was really looking forward to CnC: The First Decade since it was showing in the $4.99 PC Game sale, but it still says $19.99 for me while everything else says $4.99, so not sure if it's a glitch, or if the game wasn't meant to be there. Not really sure, but I'm thinking it's not meant to be there considering it's the only game listed that isn't available as a direct download. And the $7 shipping would pretty much kill that deal to since I always see it for ~$15 in stores and online.

Wish they had a good deal on Crysis 2, really want to pick that up on PC when the time comes.

[quote name='karyadi']Got DA:O Ultimate and DS2 shipped, thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Ha! That's exactly what i picked up as well - i had a $20 code i used to save even more. Unfortunately, both are headed for my backlog

Not too bad for a deal but nothign for me. Comon Fifa 11 and Nhl !1 still at 59.99 before Promo Code both versons for 2012 will be ou in next 30-45 days.

im keeping an eye on sims 3 for ps3, i am curious about this one, but not willing to spend over $10 for it.
thats really the only on on there now i want, now.

Meh, EA themselves has had better prices on their games in the past two months. All sports games were ~$20 with NBA Jam sub $20 and Dead Space 2 and DA2 were ~17.

[quote name='Heavyd814life']Ha! That's exactly what i picked up as well - i had a $20 code i used to save even more. Unfortunately, both are headed for my backlog[/QUOTE]

How are you stacking the code? I am trying to use a $15 code and it doesn't take anything off...

[quote name='stageman12']How are you stacking the code? I am trying to use a $15 code and it doesn't take anything off...[/QUOTE]

The $20 codes and birthday codes are the only ones that usually stack with other offers

Was thinking about picking up Mercenaries 2 for $5 but I am iffy on Origin's policies. Looks like they can retire the game after a year so I can't download it anymore and there was something in there about deleting stuff after you don't use it for 2 years.

I think I will resist and hope that Origin improves their policies sometime soon.

[quote name='gotdott']The $20 codes and birthday codes are the only ones that usually stack with other offers[/QUOTE]
Anyone had old $20 code that is not working? I was told it doesn't expire. They were only 1 month old, yet it shows up as code invalid.

I had a $15 code I got from recyclebank work. Kinda. It just distributed 10 bucks off two games instead. I'm not complaining though. It's 10 bucks less I had to pay for a code I got for free.

[quote name='cycophuk']I had a $15 code I got from recyclebank work. Kinda. It just distributed 10 bucks off two games instead. I'm not complaining though. It's 10 bucks less I had to pay for a code I got for free.[/QUOTE]

Was that a PC coupon or Console? My console one wont stack with any offers except the XX% off your whole order deals

Still waiting on their customer service to help me with the problem I had placing the order for NFS:HP when it was 60% and had free shipping, been two weeks and they haven't said anything other then they are working on it(which i doubt).

[quote name='crupp']Was that a PC coupon or Console? My console one wont stack with any offers except the XX% off your whole order deals[/QUOTE]

It was the console coupon. I didn't expect it to work, but it did. Just not the full amount. It didn't give me any indication that it worked either. I put the code in, hit enter, the screen flashed and two of the prices had dropped.

finally picked up BF BC 2, after 18months lol, plus bought Hot Pursuit again. I just wish NFS Shift was for Mac as well

[quote name='cycophuk']I had a $15 code I got from recyclebank work. Kinda. It just distributed 10 bucks off two games instead. I'm not complaining though. It's 10 bucks less I had to pay for a code I got for free.[/QUOTE]

I too have one. From the games that had a price drop which ones did it work on?

[quote name='Saablic']Was thinking about picking up Mercenaries 2 for $5 but I am iffy on Origin's policies. Looks like they can retire the game after a year so I can't download it anymore and there was something in there about deleting stuff after you don't use it for 2 years.

I think I will resist and hope that Origin improves their policies sometime soon.[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of on the edge because of this too. I missed out on Bad Company 2 when it was $5 through Steam, so really want to do this. But I too am iffy on some of their policies. When it says you may not be able to download or access your game after one year, I'm wondering if that would include playing it...because if it just means you can't download it off Origins, I would just store it on an external hard drive, or disc, like all my other games.

But the whole thing where they cancel your account and all entitlements linked to your account if you haven't logged in to Origins in a 2-year period is kind of crap. Especially if you don't need to sign into Origin to play the game...wouldn't really know since I've never used Origin before. But if you don't need to sign into Origin that could mean I could be playing Bad Company 2 with no problems for 2 years, only to get canceled on a day I'm playing it.

I think for $5 I'll go ahead though...unless for some reason Battlefield 3 doesn't live up to the hype I think I'll only be playing it for a few months.

[quote name='arsenal_fan']I too have one. From the games that had a price drop which ones did it work on?[/QUOTE]

I bought three games and it took off on the two cheapest ones. It took $3 off of Skate 3 and $7 off Dante's Inferno.

[quote name='malethief']Dang no Crysis 2 or Bulletstorm. Must be too new of games to have on sale I guess[/QUOTE]

I see Bulletstorm at $23.99, you overlook it?

[quote name='cycophuk']I bought three games and it took off on the two cheapest ones. It took $3 off of Skate 3 and $7 off Dante's Inferno.[/QUOTE]

Ahh ... thats why. It's not only taking $10 off. It's throwing out the current discount and applying a flat $15 off each games MSRP.

[quote name='cycophuk']I bought three games and it took off on the two cheapest ones. It took $3 off of Skate 3 and $7 off Dante's Inferno.[/QUOTE]

Ae you sure it worked for you? I mean it just took $15 off MSRP for me. So if I applied my recyclebank code to skate 3 ($18) and Dante($11) the new prices are $15 and $5 respectively which equals MSRP - $15 for either game. Unless you got Skate 3 for $3 and Dante's for free I'm guessing it does not work.

[quote name='crupp']Ahh ... thats why. It's not only taking $10 off. It's throwing out the current discount and applying a flat $15 off each games MSRP.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought.

[quote name='crupp']Ahh ... thats why. It's not only taking $10 off. It's throwing out the current discount and applying a flat $15 off each games MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. Well that came out a much better deal for those two games then. But what discount was applied had to be whichever was better because I still got NFS:HP for 23.99 rather than the 24.99 I would have paid with the $15 off.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Anyone had old $20 code that is not working? I was told it doesn't expire. They were only 1 month old, yet it shows up as code invalid.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me as well with a code i bought from someone here - maybe try calling CS to see if they'll replace it

bread's done
Back