EA Sports Active 2

That's good RCS! Me too. The running in place stuff is easy now. In the beginning I would get winded so easily. Of course I am now walking and hiking 6 or seven miles on the weekends too, and last Saturday I did some running. I surprised myself, I kept running, and running and running!

I am nearing the end of the nine week program and while I DO sweat and huff and puff, I am able to get through the workout without effort. On the running bits I find myself "sprinting" as fast as I can at the end, and I use weights instead of the little resistance band whenever I can.

It's been good!

I really hope they make an EA Sports Active 3

I borrowed my friend's Wii Fit Plus and balance board, and I used it today to weigh myself and check my BMI. I'm 5'11" and weigh 174 pounds, and my BMI is around 24, which is on the high end of the normal range. Apparently, my ideal weight is around 157-158 lbs., which seems a little low to me. I think I'd be happy to get down into the 165-170 lb. range. We'll see how far the 9 weeks program will take me...

[quote name='rvdrock']I have heard this game is heavy on squats and lunges...I have bad knees, so I am hesitant on buying this.[/QUOTE]

This workout program focuses heavily on the legs, and as such, there are a lot squatting, lunging and jumping exercises. After a particularly strenuous leg workout, I often feel some pain right above my knee caps. It's not anything serious, but it tells me that me knees have been put to the test.

If you have bad knees, then going through the 3 or 9 week program probably won't be a good idea. With that being said, there are a ton of exercises to choose from, and you could easily design your own workouts that are less stressful on your knees. It would take some time, but after the initial set-up, you could have 4-5 user-created routines that you could do on a weekly basis.

I have SIX more workouts left in the nine week program. I am very psyched. I have not missed one workout. And it's no longer a challenge getting through the workouts. I really like that it keeps my cardio up for 30 to 45 minutes at a time, I think it's having a great effect!

After I finish six more workouts (and get my gold trophy) I am going to design some custom workouts to focus on strength and core exercises.

BTW as far as getting the "1000" trophies; I think I will wind up getting the first 1000 trophy for the mountain boarders exercise. The website says I have over 800 of those collectables for riding the rails. The 1000 pushups trophy will take longer, feels like it's only had me do pushups 6 times or so.

Since starting EA Sports Active 2 I have lost 15 pounds.

oops I was wrong in my last post regarding the "1000" trophies. With 5 workouts left to go in the nine week program, my first "1000" trophy was for the boxing.

BTW, regarding getting the Platinum trophy; I don't see a trophy for the (nonexistant) DLC. I saw some peeps talking about this earlier in the thread. So as far as I can tell I will be able to platinum this game.

There are no trophies for DLC... Of the "1000" trophies, boxing and stepping are the first two to unlock after the two programs.

The most time consuming trophies are bike, board and running; 1000 KM is no joke... I'm at the 80% completion mark, I should be getting the platinum trophy at the end of this month.

I finished the nine week program! Yay me... I finally found where the stats are and yea, I am a LONG way away from getting the trophies for the running, mountain biking and the mountain board. And push ups too..

But I plan on creating custom workouts and will emphasize some of those exercises. This has been a helpful program for me. Now I want to focus on my core and tighten my stomach. Time for "Crunch With Punches!"

Congratulations venturin. :applause:

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum: just finished my 2nd workout of the nine-week program. The most difficult exercise for me so far are the reverse crunches. Lower back problems ftl. :bomb:

Thanks Goo! I hope you can get through the program. Sometimes I've had to hit pause and rest for a moment during some of the more strenuous exercises. The first couple of times it asked me to do reverse crunches was difficult.

I went into this in my late 40's and not in good shape at all. In fact, my first attempt at push ups resulted in me being able to do only three! Now, three plus months later I am up to 31 in one go, and I can get to 100 push ups and beyond in about 5 sets. (Usually 30, 20 20, 20, 15)

I'm no fitness warrior, but I am really happy with how far I've been able to come in less than 4 months. Keep at it, this EA Sports really did help me.

I started the 9 week program last week but I keep forgetting to do it. It was pretty intense from the start, was sweating like crazy. Didn't expect that. I never feel the energy to workout when I turn my PS3 on so I'm going to have to force myself to start doing it.

Well you either want it or you don't. I decided I want this. And the EA Sports helped me stay committed. (I wanted that gold trophy!)

Just picked this up today and decided to start it simple withthe three week cardio. Not a bad workout, although the soccer headers exercise never seemed to work for me. Hopefully there is a little more veriety tomorrow.

I'm liking the presentation and hope to maybe jump into the nine week program at the end of the month. Reading some of your testimonies while playing this made me take the $35 plunge, which I'm thinking "Why didn't I do this earlier?" :p

Welcome Panther! I managed to find EA Sports for $20.00 at Target a while back, but now it's back up to $40 or so. $35 is a good price I think.

I hope they come up with a part 3, I don't think I want to get the football training camp one.

I got my 2nd set from eBay for $16 shipped. The "fair" price for this set (game and censors) should be under $20. The 2nd set is required if you want the "buddy" trophy, which is needed for the platinum trophy. I'm so sick of mountain biking and boarding now, the only pushing factor is the shinny platinum trophy. I don't mind the running part much, I wish the trails are longer so I don't have to take a "loading" break every minute.

Rock on guys/gals, finally conquered this game, all milestones are achieved, platinum unlocked. Damn, Amazon trade in value is only $6 now!

Wow! That's crazy! Congrats!

Will be starting week 3 of the 9 week program tomorrow. Already feeling much better than the first week. That was a painful week. LOL!

EA Sports Active 2 is now only $10.00 at Target. This is a really good price, for anyone on the fence, take the plunge!

Thanks! I checked the total stat, I ran close to 3000 miles (not km), so the three 100km/621miles trophies are not completely accurate in description. I used a quite number of AAA batteries (don't like rechargeable ones, it's inconvenient). If you play the game 1.5 hour a day, you'll need to change the battery every 22 days or so.

10 sets of bike/board on hard mode is about 25 minutes, which net you 22 miles.
30 sets of running (out run) on hard mode is about 35 minutes, which net you 12 miles.

It takes determination to conquer the 1000km biking/boarding/running milestones. I consider EA Sports Active a prerequisite for the UFC Training game (the trophies look a lot more demanding that EA SA2). Well, I'm going to do Mel B. next, I mean the game (dirty mind, lol).

Oh, before EA SA2, I played Zumba, which build up my stamina a bit. I got the Zumba platinum trophy as well. The only platinum trophy I got it before anyone else :D

bread's done
Back