Earth 2600

Everyone will be dummerer and drink sports drink all the time. Clothes will be shiny and and dispensed like tissue paper. I predict a massive landfill crash sometime around there too.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']I, for one, welcome our alien overlords.[/quote]

Who's to say we aren't going to be the alien overlords of some other world? If history on this planet is anything to go by, seems more possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
There will be 769,943,315,111 (That's about 100 x the amount of people right now) people on the earth. What more needs to be said?

The moon will be in the Seventh House, Jupiter will align with Mars. Peace will rule the planet, and love will steer the stars. In short, it'll be the dawning of the Age of Aquarius.

Also: socks with sandals will come back into style, and so will that gum that you like.

All this assumes of course that man is still alive, and that woman will survive, the year 2525.

World Wars 3, 4, 5 will be done. There will be no survivors, radiation poisoning will kill everyone.

Duke Nukem Forever will also come out in 2599.

[quote name='Strell']Earth 2600 had shitty controllers and a horrible version of Pacman.[/quote]
Not to mention ET.

[quote name='gweenpea']There will be 769,943,315,111 (That's about 100 x the amount of people right now) people on the earth. What more needs to be said?
[/quote]

Or there could be a lot less due to a mysterious virus aka the government's plot to save the world by killing people. Or the whole world could take China's stance...

Assuming civilization still exists, people will probably be laughing at how wrong sci-fi shows/movies got the future.

[quote name='Kendal']Everyone will be dummerer and drink sports drink all the time. Clothes will be shiny and and dispensed like tissue paper. I predict a massive landfill crash sometime around there too.[/QUOTE]
Kendal is what plants crave.

What, no one got this? Screw you all.

Seriously. If you want a look into the future, watch Idiocracy. If you don't watch the movie, I guarantee you will all be driving the floppy purple dildo car in rehab!

[quote name='gweenpea']There will be 769,943,315,111 (That's about 100 x the amount of people right now) people on the earth. What more needs to be said?
[/quote]
We will be living in mars by that time:). but thats still not enough...

[quote name='Strell']Earth 2600 had shitty controllers and a horrible version of Pacman.[/quote]

Argh you stole my joke!!

This would be a great tshirt though

Atari 2600 > Earth 2600

Maybe a space invaders vs space alien assimilation theme :whistle2:k

You know - like screenshot of space invaders next to a pic of Riker making out with a klingon chick.

I think the question isn't "What will society be like in 2600?" but "Will Earth exist in 2600?"

I am in the boat that believes Earth will meet a fatal or near-fatal event in their lifetime.

[quote name='help1']World Wars 3, 4, 5 will be done. There will be no survivors, radiation poisoning will kill everyone.

Duke Nukem Forever will also come out in 2599.[/quote]

The English will save our asses in World War 3.:lol:

We'll be in some sort of worldwide conflict. We'll be overpopulated to the max and disease will be quickly wiping people out. Technology will have grown too fast, and human kind will be lazy and stupid. An average person's daily task will be to find food and money. Wood and oil will be long used up. Everything will either be metal or plastic. Landfills will be on every corner, spilling out garbage. There will be no more governments, just one government for the entire Earth, although they won't play a huge affect in everyday lives. Revolutions will appear all over the time line until disease has wiped out enough people to actual help the Earth become stable again. I see nothing good in Earth's near future.

[quote name='lilboo']Somehow another Bush will be in office and gas will be $21,000 a gallon.[/quote]

Good lord I hope not.... and who said we will still have a stable oil supply by that time?

The world's petroleum reserves will be totally depleted and scientists will never come up with an adequate substitute. As a result, there is no more air travel and the only cars will be electric or ethanol burning.

No maybe not by then, but we'll probably have some kind of terrible worldwide conflict that gets rid of most people.

Who really knows?

Provided people don't utterly destroy themselves I predict this...

The colonization of the Moon and Mars.

A society based on the individual betterment and achievement instead of amassing wealth (ala Star Trek).

Teleportation becomes a standard mode of transport.

A move to a more Libertarian way of life.

The end of most major religions (at least as we know them now).

Ability to harness and store the light from the sun to provide free and environmentally safe energy for things in which teleportation isn't feasible.

The Madden license will expire with EA and we will see NFL 26K come out.

Holodecks will become a reality.

Contact with intellligent life will long have been made.

Poverty will be eliminated.

Major diseases will actually be cured since there is no financial incentive to create drugs that can be sold at ridiculous prices. People will create cures simply because they can.

People will become cyborgs in the sense that we will have devices implanted in us that allow us to access information at any time. Similar to an internal internet reciever.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Provided people don't utterly destroy themselves I predict this...

The colonization of the Moon and Mars.

A society based on the individual betterment and achievement instead of amassing wealth (ala Star Trek).

Teleportation becomes a standard mode of transport.

A move to a more Libertarian way of life.

The end of most major religions (at least as we know them now).

Ability to harness and store the light from the sun to provide free and environmentally safe energy for things in which teleportation isn't feasible.

The Madden license will expire with EA and we will see NFL 26K come out.

Holodecks will become a reality.

Contact with intellligent life will long have been made.

Poverty will be eliminated.

Major diseases will actually be cured since there is no financial incentive to create drugs that can be sold at ridiculous prices. People will create cures simply because they can.

People will become cyborgs in the sense that we will have devices implanted in us that allow us to access information at any time. Similar to an internal internet reciever.[/quote]

I like this one. ;)

[quote name='Number83']I just hope they figure out the 3 sea shells.[/QUOTE]

Diddo.

The other post is too Star Trek, I don't have that much faith in human kind.

bread's done
Back