Eb game days - April 05 - May 02

JnJosh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
This years "Game days" sales (remember those 9.89 games?) is running a bit early this year, hopefully a lot of stuff to come, flyer scans will be up on the 3rd, but I am willing to send them for a few good men, regulars only via PM. The rest of you can wait a few days, :)

just be a bit patient with the PMing, i will get back to you guys asap!

join the group! http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...hp?groupid=190

Flyer is now live, my crappy scans are no longer needed!

http://ebgames.ca/fsi.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Friendly suggestion: the bickering and discussion about exclusionary action doesn't benefit anyone and makes most people involved look bad, so why don't we talk about games and game deals here and leave that type of discussion for elsewhere?

@Bencherstyle: Nice find with Scurge GBA. I grabbed that game on clearance a while back, and was surprised how much fun it was. Hope you enjoy it too!

@thegamecubist: I hope you're wrong, because I was looking forward to playing Superstar Saga pretty soon... oh well, too late to return it now - guess I'll have to find out for myself.
:)

So far these EB deals are terrible when compared to last year, but then they don't seem to have daily red sticker mystery deals this time.

[quote name='ejamer']Friendly suggestion: the bickering and discussion about exclusionary action doesn't benefit anyone and makes most people involved look bad, so why don't we talk about games and game deals here and leave that type of discussion for elsewhere?

@Bencherstyle: Nice find with Scurge GBA. I grabbed that game on clearance a while back, and was surprised how much fun it was. Hope you enjoy it too!

@thegamecubist: I hope you're wrong, because I was looking forward to playing Superstar Saga pretty soon... oh well, too late to return it now - guess I'll have to find out for myself.
:)[/quote]

Oh crap I read Sigma Star Saga in the first post! *facepalm* Superstar Saga is awesome, first game I ever had on my GBA. Still play it today!

Sigma Star Saga is this space shooter/RPG made by WayForward (Contra 4, the new A Boy and his Blob). Sounds like an interesting concept, but it's seriously really, really bad.

[quote name='ragnar14']There's a DS version of Scurge at least. I've seen the GBA one around for $5 (RCSS has had it in their bin for ages), and while I think it looks interesting too, I never pick it up because I'd want the DS version. Despite having no idea what the difference is :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

As long as your primary handheld isn't the DSi, the GBA version is actually a really solid buy. The graphics on the GBA actually look *better* (because the DS version is just stretched whereas the GBA displays in native resolution) and the only improvement the DS version has over GBA is the mini-map on the second screen.

Anyway: nice find, Bencher.

thank you, :p im really glad i got the hive game and superstar sega :cool:

been playing it all night!!! decided to spend around 100 dollars for GBA games this month.

next up, pokemon, mario, and others :)

[quote name='thegamecubist']Oh crap I read Sigma Star Saga in the first post! *facepalm* Superstar Saga is awesome, first game I ever had on my GBA. Still play it today![/quote]

Whew... you had me worried for a minute! ;)
lol

Time to start an elitist lurkers board where the people there only post when they have something useful to say, and don't want to see a dozens of comments that are all 'thanx this is awesome' or 'man this week's deals suck'

[quote name='miche']Time to start an elitist lurkers board where the people there only post when they have something useful to say, and don't want to see a dozens of comments that are all 'thanx this is awesome' or 'man this week's deals suck'[/quote]

Oh man, awesome. Thanks! ;)

Anyone know what this 'We recommend... EA games' promotion is about?

WE RECOMMEND… This month’s featured games by EA Games and EA Sports. 613088 - NHL 09 X360
613361 - NHL 09 PS3
615386- Skate 2 PS3
615326 Skate 2 X360
613669 - Lord of the Rings Conquest X360
614230 - Lord of the Rings Conquest PS3
616469- My Sims Party Wii
616663 My Sims Party DS
615948 NASCAR Kart Racing Wii
613671 - NFS: Undercover X360
614232- NFS: Undercover PS3
615585 Sims Animal DS
615581 Sims Animal Wii
615583 Henry Hatsworth DS
The promotion starts on April 19th and runs to May 2nd.
It's under the Featured Trade Promotions section.

Mass Effect is one of the flyer deals, $10 new. $9 for a used one is kinda a rip, it should be $5. And you can PM the flyer to get a new one for $8 at FS/BB.

Of course Mass Effect still is a deal at $9 ;)

[quote name='WillGabriel']As long as your primary handheld isn't the DSi, the GBA version is actually a really solid buy. The graphics on the GBA actually look *better* (because the DS version is just stretched whereas the GBA displays in native resolution) and the only improvement the DS version has over GBA is the mini-map on the second screen.

Anyway: nice find, Bencher.[/quote]

Awesomeo, I'll pickup the GBA version when I see it around then :)

Honestly, who cares if you get a used game that is as new as a new one and you want to play the game? In this case i'd rather pay 9$ than 10$.

[quote name='ragnar14']Guys, I just have to say. If you wanna elevate yourself beyond being a newbie you NEED to get yourself a avatar. You're just faceless nobodies without one...

I've gotten 2 deals I guess. Okami when it was $13 used, and I PMed Too Human at BestBuy to get it for $8 (I just didn't think it was worth $10 :lol:). While there were more deals last year, I didn't find much to buy then. Last year most everything good soldout before I could get too it. So this year isn't that bad in comparison IMO.[/quote]

Is this the wii or Playstation 2 version cause ive been waiting for the wii version for a while :p

Wii. But AFAIK it's not on the $5 discount thing anymore, so you'd be looking at $18 after the Edge discount.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Honestly, who cares if you get a used game that is as new as a new one and you want to play the game? In this case i'd rather pay 9$ than 10$.[/quote]

Yeah, used games are great and all. But the used copies should be $5, that was my only point. They're just charging more because this sale kinda sucks :roll:

I got the MS steering wheel for 42 dollars today.
It was used but everything looks new and seems to work fine. One of my best purchases ever ! :)

Just picked up Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn for 19$ used and Scurge Hive (GBA) for 5$ new.
Good deals, but overall deceived with the selection of 2 for games....I've run by 4 EBs and wasnt able to find any combination. :(

Awesome man, I picked up Mirror's Edge ($20), Facebreaker ($10) and Dark Sector ($10) for the 360 today. All were sealed, been wanting to buy Mirror's Edge for a while now. They still had a few sealed copies of Mirror's Edge, this at the Square One location.

picked up Zelda LTTP (9.99)
Zelda minish cap (24.99)
metriod fusion (14.99)

:D im happy so far.

next up, pokemon (leafgreen/red)
pokemon ruby/sapphire,

all the super marios, caslevaina, metalslug.... and others!!!

can anybody suggest good GBA games? i still have around 50-60 dollars in edge for it. :)

I assume those are loose carts, and if so, the prices are kind of cold. Be careful of bootlegs as well.

As for good GBA games, I am currently playing and enjoying Mario Kart, Mario Vs Donkey Kong, and Advanced Wars. I have also just started Golden Sun.

@Bencherstyle im still surprised you can find so many of these games at EB, are you finding them brand new or used?

And how about Golden Sun? ...i thought it was a pretty good game.

[quote name='Zing']I assume those are loose carts, and if so, the prices are kind of cold. Be careful of bootlegs as well.

As for good GBA games, I am currently playing and enjoying Mario Kart, Mario Vs Donkey Kong, and Advanced Wars. I have also just started Golden Sun.[/quote]

lol, it is kinda cold, but i dont expect them to have their cases :0

ill pass on Mario Kart, since im not into that, have AW, and GS. great games.

ill check out Mario Vs Donkey Kong. is it like a side scroller?

[quote name='thelaughingman']@Bencherstyle im still surprised you can find so many of these games at EB, are you finding them brand new or used?

And how about Golden Sun? ...i thought it was a pretty good game.[/quote]

some EBs have a huge selection of GBA games, while others dont . lol, its hard to find pokemon and castlevania games! the only castlevania i saw was the classic NES one.... :( i buy everything used so far, exept Super mario advanced 2, which was new (24.99)

picked up golden sun for 4.99, its amazing, 20+ gameplay ;)

PS: oh, and i found the case for Minshcap Zelda in PERFECT condition, which im happy for

If you haven't bought them already I recommend Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, Drill Dozer usually cheap at EB (I cry a little inside seeing kids buying crap and it sitting in a bargain bin for $5), and Yoshi's Island, DR Mario/Puzzle league on one cart.

I know how much fun it is hunting down these old GBA carts. I spent I thing 5 years buying most of the ones I want. I have to still make a trip to the US to get some cheap ones. Garage sales should be starting soon it's a great way to get some cheap GBA games. This Wiki should be posteed on the frount page this time of year :) I learned a lot from it.

About bootlegged carts Nintendo has a really well made site on this with photo's so you can learn how to distinguish the fakes from the real ones. The PDF trainning manual in the How to detect will give you more info then you need...
Interesting it has a report Piracy section too.

As RPG's go, Golden Sun doesn't break any new ground, but considering the amount of gameplay in such a portable package it's great. However, once you figure out a certain way to battle every enemy becomes beatable. I go through the Battle Arena without breaking a sweat.

Thank you Princess Zelda, i was about to ask about bootleg GBA games, and you just solved it! :) i baught a bootleg ( i think, it had i think oriental langauge taped to it) pokemon which didnt save, so i had to return it.

now about those garage sales, how often do you guys find games? (GBA specifically).

lol i know what you mean about finding these GBA games, i missed out on that era, although i wish i baught new carts instead of these old ones.
ill try out Drill Dozer, i have superstar sega, and i've played Yoshi's island ;)

[quote name='Bencherstyle']can anybody suggest good GBA games? i still have around 50-60 dollars in edge for it. :)[/quote]

I'm constantly playing the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance which I picked up at The Source for $5 :D
I also have Metroid Prime Zero Mission which I'm stuck on, and Super Mario Advance was fun (and sort of easy). I can recommend that you avoid Tony Hawk's Underground 2. I paid 96 cents at TSCC, and I still feel ripped off :lol:

You should scour all your local TSCC, that's where I am seeing a lot of brand new clearance stuff for GBA right now.

Nice find on Minish Cap. I only managed to play that game late last year, and was delighted to find out how good it was.

Other GBA Games worth checking out?

1. Metroid: Zero Mission is a must have - it's better than Fusion in my opinion, and a great remake all around.
2. Astroboy: Omega Factor is great, especially if you like hectic action games made by Treasure.
3. Capcom Classic Mini Mix is really cool if you like retro, but seems to be pretty rare. I've only ever seen it once at EB Games.
4. Chu Chu Rocket! was probably the best launch game, and a superb puzzle title for the GBA. If you ever try multiplayer, then you need this.
5. Oh yeah, and if you ever see a copy of Ninja Five-O then grab it. A great action title with cool swinging action, even if the game is a bit short.

I know there are more good GBA titles, but these are the ones that come to mind as being really good (and often overlooked). If you don't already have them, keep your eyes open!

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I'm constantly playing the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance which I picked up at The Source for $5 :D
I also have Metroid Prime which I'm stuck on, and Super Mario Advance was fun (and sort of easy). I can recommend that you avoid Tony Hawk's Underground 2. I paid 96 cents at TSCC, and I still feel ripped off :lol:

You should scour all your local TSCC, that's where I am seeing a lot of brand new clearance stuff for GBA right now.[/quote]

hm... i would love to buy cheap GBA games from TSCC, but theres only one in my area, and the game selection... isn't very good :0
but ill go and ask if they have any :)

[quote name='ejamer']Nice find on Minish Cap. I only managed to play that game late last year, and was delighted to find out how good it was.

Other GBA Games worth checking out?

1. Metroid: Zero Mission is a must have - it's better than Fusion in my opinion, and a great remake all around.
2. Astroboy: Omega Factor is great, especially if you like hectic action games made by Treasure.
3. Capcom Classic Mini Mix is really cool if you like retro, but seems to be pretty rare. I've only ever seen it once at EB Games.
4. Chu Chu Rocket! was probably the best launch game, and a superb puzzle title for the GBA. If you ever try multiplayer, then you need this.
5. Oh yeah, and if you ever see a copy of Ninja Five-O then grab it. A great action title with cool swinging action, even if the game is a bit short.

I know there are more good GBA titles, but these are the ones that come to mind as being really good (and often overlooked). If you don't already have them, keep your eyes open![/quote]

i baught Metriod Zero misson 3-4 days ago, finished it 2 times then, going for under an hour now :) it was amazing,.... but i had baught Metriod classic NES GBA before..... and....when you finish Metriod Zero misson once....they give you the game... so i just wasted my money... boo !

ill check out number 234, but i found #3 today at Eb XD

I find games at garage sales every so often if it's parent selling kids stuff you can usually get the stuff pretty cheap. You'll end up buying a lot of package deals with some kids games and the regular GBA's.

The Golden Sun games and Astro Boy is pretty cheap in the US I think around $5.

The best reviews I've found for GBA games are on the IGN site from Craig Harris. Here's a top 25 list

i've looked over the list, and now have a good concept of what to buy. thank you.

...finding castlevania at a EB is ganna be a hell of a bit*ch.

Aria of Sorrow and Harmony of Dissonance are available in a double pack 2 games on one cart. It's hard to find but not impossible.

The two EB stores in Richmond Hill (major mac, elgin mills) have a ton of cart-only GBA games. The prices are ridiculous though. I also noticed they charge the same price for box or cart-only. I'm not sure who they are hoping to jack with the $40 price tag for Super Mario Bros 3, but good luck to them.

[quote name='Zing']The two EB stores in Richmond Hill (major mac, elgin mills) have a ton of cart-only GBA games. The prices are ridiculous though. I also noticed they charge the same price for box or cart-only. I'm not sure who they are hoping to jack with the $40 price tag for Super Mario Bros 3, but good luck to them.[/quote]

I've always wondered about that. The only thing I can figure is, due to the DS's GBA slot, they treat them as "current generation" games, and will never lower the price. It's the same reason Gamecube games are still stupdiculously expensive-- even though I've seen 40+ copies of each Mario Party in a single store.

It's funny how... underwhelming this year's Game Days is that the thread is now a GBA 'best of' discussion! (Don't forget Shining Force 1 GBA if you can find it.)

To be fair, those games are fairly cheap at EB, except for Golden Sun 2.

Kingdom Hearts 14.99
River City Ransom 6.99
PS Collection 4.99
Golden Sun 4.99
Golden Sun 2 29.99

[quote name='Bencherstyle']i've looked over the list, and now have a good concept of what to buy. thank you.

...finding castlevania at a EB is ganna be a hell of a bit*ch.[/quote]

If you're willing to go out to Brampton for it, I think there's still a copy of the Castlevania double pack at the EB at Shoppers' World. I haven't checked for a while, but I think it was there a month or so back. Last stickered price was $35, IIRC.

Where in the HELL did you see Golden Sun for $5? I NEED THAT. I found GS2 for $20 but GS is just so rare, I thought. Also, what is TSCC? Did you mean The Canadian Superstore (TCSS)?

Went to GS at Shopper's World Brampton and saw the PS3 Mirror's Edge for $24.99 new.

Also, TSCC = The Source by Circuit City. I want some GBA games too, but it seems that the local stores are resolute on keeping high prices :(

[quote name='psyck0']Also, what is TSCC? Did you mean The Canadian Superstore (TCSS)?[/quote]

Oh... I thought it was The Source Circuit City. When they have GBA games around here (East coast), the prices tend to be very low. Maybe both are good locations?

[quote name='ejamer']Oh... I thought it was The Source Circuit City. When they have GBA games around here (East coast), the prices tend to be very low. Maybe both are good locations?[/quote]

i believe we call that place: RSCC
or maybe now: RSCCSTBB (radio shack cicuit city soon to be bell)

i love that ppl are talking about GBA games :D my fav game console/handheld ever!

i already blew 50-60 bux on them... and going for more:lol:

ooh... 35 bux... i'd pay that for castlevania....... its worth it for me.

lol, Supermario bros 3, i was going to get it for 35 bux, but i figure since the DSI came out, they will lower the price.... HOPEFULLY.

Super Mario Bros 3 I picked up at The Source for $20 I think new, if you can find stock...
The Castlevania double pack try the Rogers Video's.
My GBA is my portable SNES/NES :) I have a Micro that lives in my Purse.

bread's done
Back