Eb game days - April 05 - May 02

JnJosh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
This years "Game days" sales (remember those 9.89 games?) is running a bit early this year, hopefully a lot of stuff to come, flyer scans will be up on the 3rd, but I am willing to send them for a few good men, regulars only via PM. The rest of you can wait a few days, :)

just be a bit patient with the PMing, i will get back to you guys asap!

join the group! http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...hp?groupid=190

Flyer is now live, my crappy scans are no longer needed!

http://ebgames.ca/fsi.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']where the hell are all the valkyrie profile 2s it has disappeared off the face of the EB earth :( damn i thought its supposed to be an epic game yet none in circulation damn or is it toooo goood to trade in so ill never get it :([/quote]

You should have been shopping around for it last year(?). It was on clearance at a bunch of places for $20 new. You need to jump on out of print RPGs when they reach around that price, or else you'll never get them.

I was at EB Games and I found some great deals, but they won't on video games. They were Blu-Ray Movies on sale. The guy told me they were clearing them out so a lot of them were on sale.

Selection varies per store but most of them were under $10:

Tears of the Sun $9.89

Hostel $9.89

Spider-man 3- $9.89

Underworld- $4.89 (picked this up)

Click- $9.89

And some other movies that I cant remember.

All of these Blu-Rays are new, not used.

[quote name='zeze']I was at EB Games and I found some great deals, but they won't on video games. They were Blu-Ray Movies on sale. The guy told me they were clearing them out so a lot of them were on sale.

Selection varies per store but most of them were under $10:

Tears of the Sun $9.89

Hostel $9.89

Spider-man 3- $9.89

Underworld- $4.89 (picked this up)

Click- $9.89

And some other movies that I cant remember.

All of these Blu-Rays are new, not used.[/quote]

i didn't know they sold NEW blu-ray? :/ other than that, this is hot!

[quote name='ragnar14']You should have been shopping around for it last year(?). It was on clearance at a bunch of places for $20 new. You need to jump on out of print RPGs when they reach around that price, or else you'll never get them.[/quote]
oh damn i missed out on it :( i was planning on getting it from bestbuy but before i knew it they cleared it out

[quote name='Revelation44']Which EB Games have Blu-Rays in stock?[/quote]

It really depends which EB Games you go to. Some EB Games only have a couple Blu-Rays while other have tons of Blu-Rays. The most Blu-Rays I have ever seen at one EB Games is 15 different titles.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']i didn't know they sold NEW blu-ray? :/ other than that, this is hot![/quote]
They all did up until last year when they discontinued carrying them, but they were priced at $34.99-39.99 so nobody bought them and they never dropped the price on them until now I guess, they should all be gutted copies though.

[quote name='greywolf501']They all did up until last year when they discontinued carrying them, but they were priced at $34.99-39.99 so nobody bought them and they never dropped the price on them until now I guess, they should all be gutted copies though.[/quote]

i was able to get a bunch of blu rays last year for $2-5 at eb. picked up rocky balboa, xxx, swat and hitch. great prices. glad to see they're clearing them out again...i'll check tomorrow.

i also saw most of the listed ones for 9.99. gutted.

i thought it was used becasue it was open... but it was gutted lol.

for 10 bucks,... not bad.

To add to the list, I picked up the Superbad bluray for $10. Sweet deal for bluray discs regardless that they're gutted.

So judging from the off-topic chatter and complete lack of deals, is the EB GameDays sale a bust? And what has been your best find since the sale started?

The only thing of interest I found was Alone in the Dark (Wii) for $10... although that's really not so interesting. Samba de Amigo on sale would have been nice, but it wasn't such a big deal since you can get the bundle with maracas new for under $30.

i picked up Mirror's Edge used a few days ago for $17.99 and used my edge card to make it $16.xx

but other than that... it looks like the gamedays deal is a big bust =(

I think my best Gamedays find was seeing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater for N-Gage for $0.01 at the Shoppers World Brampton Gamestop. I was pretty tempted to buy it, perhaps to throw at someone or feed to my brother.

Not on sale but if anyone is looking for a funny and kinda cheesy game get Under the Skin for PS2. Its really fun and there are a couple Resident Evil characters in the game (Jill Valentine and Nemisis). Its $9.99 used at EB Games.

[quote name='thegamecubist']I think my best Gamedays find was seeing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater for N-Gage for $0.01 at the Shoppers World Brampton Gamestop. I was pretty tempted to buy it, perhaps to throw at someone or feed to my brother.[/quote]
i know the person that bought it lol

[quote name='neksus']They aren't over yet! Maybe they've got a big ending in store![/quote]

hehe, that's what I've been thinking too... but I get the vibe that EB isn't going to do it. Still, you never know....

Not sure if this is a deal or not... but worth mentioning I guess.

Went into EB Games tonight, looking for any deals. Mad World (Wii) at $35 seemed pretty reasonable for a new game, but I didn't quite have the cash on hand. Nothing else really caught my eye.

Just before leaving, I took a swipe through the used accessory bin and saw a GBA-GameCube connection cable. Not bad, since I've got a decent library of old cube games including several that can take advantage of the cable!

Things got even better when it rang up as $2.52 after taxes, despite being marked at $3. Whatever "Promo #842" means, it cut the price down by 25% before purchase... maybe this applies to other used accessories as well? (Or maybe not. But I'm not complaining either way.)

Now to get a GBA-GBM cable, so that I can use my GB Micro to visit the island in Animal Crossing! :lol:

[quote name='ejamer']Things got even better when it rang up as $2.52 after taxes, despite being marked at $3. Whatever "Promo #842" means, it cut the price down by 25% before purchase... maybe this applies to other used accessories as well? (Or maybe not. But I'm not complaining either way.)[/quote]
That's the advertised 25% off select used accessories

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Mario Golf GC is now $9.99 I traded it in a while ago and my kids complain every time they see it in a store. I'm pretty sure it's my own mint copy I traded in too :p I also bought Dark Sector PS3.[/quote]
Thanks picked up a copy of Mario Golf. The Mario Golf games are really fun, but usually pretty expensive so this was a good buy.

Also Fuzion Frenzy and Mechassualt both for the Xbox are $1.49 used, $1.89 New.

I picked up a used copy of X360 - Frontlines: Fuel of War for $4.99 today. I know it wasn't this cheap before so it might be a new addition to the sale.

Found Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (GBA) for $9.99, it was complete in perfect condition (except for the yellow stickers), also found Panzer Dragoon Orta (xbox) for $7.99, been trying to find this forever :)

The Witcher for PC was $9.89 as well.

[quote name='rtooby']

The Witcher for PC was $9.89 as well.[/quote]

was this the new enhanced edition?

[quote name='4got10']was this the new enhanced edition?[/quote]

Even if it isn't, the enhanced edition stuff is a free download. That's a hell of a deal, anyone who has a decent PC and likes RPGs should get in on it.

[quote name='Median']Even if it isn't, the enhanced edition stuff is a free download. That's a hell of a deal, anyone who has a decent PC and likes RPGs should get in on it.[/QUOTE]

I just picked it up for $9.89 but be warned!

For some reason all Canadian versions of this game are missing their CD keys that are required to upgrade to enhanced edition.So get ready for some head aches from support.

http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=19615.0

My friend went through Atari's support to get a key for The Witcher without any hassle. They were quick to respond and were quite pleasant.

Not sure if these were already mentioned and known by everyone, but I'll post just in case:

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii) is selling new for $20. Seems like a good deal if you like those types of games.

I was also told that Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles was selling used for $15, but didn't see any copies firsthand. The last time I did see a used copy in EB Games, it was marked up considerably higher than that... so I'm assuming it's a sale price.

[quote name='ejamer']

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii) is selling new for $20. Seems like a good deal if you like those types of games.

[/quote]

Hmm i guess this kinda flew under the radar for a while then! I actually picked up this game and Donkey Kong Barrel Blast for $20 each about two months ago!

Great prices for these two games :D

I've been waiting for months for RE:UC to drop in price. I was surprised to find a number of copies at EB this evening at the reasonable price of $29.98 - BUT THEY WERE ALL GUTTED! That really boils my balls. It's like me saying, here you go friend, I've baked you some muffins - but I just had to add rat turd to the batter.

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO GUT YOUR GAMES IN ORDER TO OFFER A DISCOUNT, EB?!?!

[quote name='ejamer']Not sure if these were already mentioned and known by everyone, but I'll post just in case:

[/quote]

Just picked up a copy yesterday; used copies were selling for $18.99. I always thought that the discount on the used copy of a game was $5.

'Cube Daddy;5817255]I've been waiting for months for RE:UC to drop in price. I was surprised to find a number of copies at EB this evening at the reasonable price of $29.98 - BUT THEY WERE ALL GUTTED! That really boils my balls. It's like me saying said:
Not to be a dick, but for anyone who doesn't like the way EB does things, stop shopping there.

[quote='Cube Daddy;5817255]

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO GUT YOUR GAMES IN ORDER TO OFFER A DISCOUNT, EB?!?![/quote]

they don't gut their games to offer a discount, they gut them to display them on the shelves. but as someone else said you don't like it don't shop there, price match them at another store.

go into a microplay, everything is opened, they play the games and than sell them as new.

Eternal Sonata PS3 for $35 isn't part of the game days sale is it? I asked the guy there but he didn't seem to know much and decided to tell me it wasn't. Just making sure it isn't because it is the last day of the sale.

[quote name='thelaughingman']Hmm i guess this kinda flew under the radar for a while then! I actually picked up this game and Donkey Kong Barrel Blast for $20 each about two months ago!

Great prices for these two games :D[/quote]

Others might be paying closer attention than I am, sorry if it's old news. After finding out there weren't going to be daily deals, my interest in the EB Games sale waned quite a bit and I've only been checking in casually.

Since the sale is about to end, I decided that Alone in the Dark (Wii) and Fire Emblem combined were worth $30. Even if AitD isn't that hot, it wouldn't be that much of a loss.

[quote name='spike32']Eternal Sonata PS3 for $35 isn't part of the game days sale is it? I asked the guy there but he didn't seem to know much and decided to tell me it wasn't. Just making sure it isn't because it is the last day of the sale.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this too. I thought of picking up the game today but I was too busy to run down to the store. Thinking of going tomorrow, but if its back to its regular price (whatever it is), I probably won't buy it

Pretty sure I saw new copies of umbrella Chron for $20, with the used ones sill marked $35/ Was curious about that, but knew it wouldnt be my acceptable price of $10 so didn't bother checking.

Hope they have a flyer out in May so i can go pm my at my "favorite" BB

hey guys, for those looking, EB had Marvel: Ultimate Alliance for the 360 for $3.99 used, $4.89 new at my location, but stock was super limited. Call around and see if it's a universal price/stock in your area, it could be quite YMMV. Also, the non-gold edition was $14.99, so I have no clue why the special edition is so much cheaper

[quote name='method47']Not to be a dick, but for anyone who doesn't like the way EB does things, stop shopping there.[/quote]

In all honesty, I get it. I'm just way dramatic (all the time). My problem is that I've been watching this for a number of months and was disappointed to now have to buy an opened copy with stickers on the case if I wanted the long-awaited discount. I bought Fire Emblem this way, but I'd rather not with RE:UC. Just my personal feeling. Cheers.

[quote name='JnJosh']they don't gut their games to offer a discount, they gut them to display them on the shelves. but as someone else said you don't like it don't shop there, price match them at another store.

go into a microplay, everything is opened, they play the games and than sell them as new.[/quote]

I've never bought new at Microplay. I've always wondered if they actually carried factory-sealed games. Is this true that ALL games there are opened?

[quote name='game_fanatic']hey guys, for those looking, EB had Marvel: Ultimate Alliance for the 360 for $3.99 used, $4.89 new at my location, but stock was super limited. Call around and see if it's a universal price/stock in your area, it could be quite YMMV. Also, the non-gold edition was $14.99, so I have no clue why the special edition is so much cheaper[/quote]

I got a copy at EB a few weeks ago for $3.99 - It was the Forza 2/ Ult Alliance pack in copy (all the others were $9.99). They wouldn't give me Forza 2 with it (had it anyway). When I got home, I was surprised to find the Gold edition of the game in the case.

bread's done
Back