EB Games-GameDays Promo 2008 RETURNS MAY 23!FLYER NOW UP!!!!LINK!!!!

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Be sure to pop into EB on the 23rd! There will be a massive sale on tons of games and stuff! I saw the ads at the Metropolis Eb....Maybe Ranzo can provide a full list of games accessories on sale....The only thing I saw was the 2 for 20 sale....

http://ebgames.ca/fsi.asp

hardware_may.jpg

[quote name='Princess Zelda']
Katamari Damacy for $10 is a good deal![/quote]

That was the only game on the flyer that got my interest. I just bought a pile of them from a wholesaler for more than that. Great game, and best price ever (you will never see this game at this price again).

Everything else on the flyer was just ok, with the exception of the PSP/DS trade-in deals.

[quote name='GameDeals.ca']That was the only game on the flyer that got my interest. I just bought a pile of them from a wholesaler for more than that. Great game, and best price ever (you will never see this game at this price again).

Everything else on the flyer was just ok, with the exception of the PSP/DS trade-in deals.[/quote]

why are you so sure on this one?

You guys know that his is JUST the flyer. There will most likely be TONS of instore deals. Clearance items, 2 for 20. Like others have noticed there are some games there that were suppose to be discontinued but they are showing up in mass quantities. makes you wonder what else will hit the shelves. best to check into the stores tomorrow for sure.

[quote name='gamer602']why are you so sure on this one?[/QUOTE]

I paid $30 for Katamari a year ago at Microplay because I couldn't find a copy anywhere including EB.

[quote name='craig64']Anyone know how much Scene It will be after it's discount?[/quote]

If you zoom in on the flyer it's at the top of all the arrows. In the case of Scene It?, $39.99

I was wondering. It says for Metroid Prime 3 that its $10 less, yet when you zoom in closer, it lists the used price as 39.99. Is the $10 less for a used game or a new game?

I have this fear about buying used Wii games for scratches and whatnot, since I've heard that Wii discs scratch easily and some Wii's have a hard time reading scratched discs.

[quote name='gamer602']why are you so sure on this one?[/quote]

This is one of the most highly sought after games for the PS2. 2/5/10 years from now, it will be VERY hard to find and we will all look back and go "Holy crap, remember when EB was dumping them for $10, that was CRAZY". Even with EB getting a pile of them this week, this game is still somewhat hard to find.

[quote name='GameDeals.ca']This is one of the most highly sought after games for the PS2. 2/5/10 years from now, it will be VERY hard to find and we will all look back and go "Holy crap, remember when EB was dumping them for $10, that was CRAZY". Even with EB getting a pile of them this week, this game is still somewhat hard to find.[/quote]

i hope We Love Katamari gets rare someday too, still have not opened my copy.

[quote name='Firestorm']I have the 20 GB unit, but I got it from the Pepsi Contest. Which I'm very happy about, I dunno if I'd have bought it for cash, but looking at the times with it, it would have been worth it either way.[/quote]

did your 360 get the rings of red yet, since it was a launch model?

[quote name='jonkaho']i hope We Love Katamari gets rare someday too, still have not opened my copy.[/quote]

It still sells $30 used at EB Games in the States, in the top 50 for used PS2 prices. Katamari Damacy is $19.99 Used.

I'll look at picking up Katamari Damacy just to complete my collection as I have all the other games (We Love Katamari, Me & My Katamari & Beautiful Katamari)

I've actually been meaning to pick up SatSR. Though the $20 isn't too hot since HMV has it for $22 and part of a 2/$40. Too bad there's 4 other crappy DS games that apply for that >_

Dang, I thought GoW: CoO would be a game that could be applied for the GH: Aerosmith deal. Oh well, I might just pick up that PS3 charge stand to show off my DS3's. I think reg. is 24.99?

[quote name='Lockescythe']I dont see odin sphere in this flier.[/quote]

i did not see it listed in the flyer too.

Is the white singstar ps2 a good deal? Futureshop and Bestbuy don't seem to carry it according to their websites. Do you guys think it will be discontinued?

[quote name='tattashot']Is the white singstar ps2 a good deal? Futureshop and Bestbuy don't seem to carry it according to their websites. Do you guys think it will be discontinued?[/quote]

If you like that game and consider that it comes with 2 mikes, and would like to have a white PS2 (pretty rare), then it seems good to me. PS2's are $100-120 regular price everywhere else.

[quote name='turgore2008']I saw the flier at school. Nothing really special except the 2 for 20.[/quote]

$14.99 and under only, unfortunately.

[quote name='jonkaho']did your 360 get the rings of red yet, since it was a launch model?[/quote]

Not launch model, it was year after launch. And nope. I got it once sorta after my cousin watched a DVD. Scared the crap out of me. Powered it off and back on again and it worked fine.

Is there a way to view the flyer without the crappy flash viewer? >_>

Don't think I'll be getting anything. Monster Hunter Freedom for $15 seems promising though.

[quote name='Firestorm']Don't think I'll be getting anything. Monster Hunter Freedom for $15 seems promising though.[/quote]

+1, nothing really appealing to me. Just traded in a few games in for credit too. Guess I'll sit on it for awhile.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I'll pick up Bioshock for $30[/quote]

Yeah, I'll go for it too. I've just about given up on trying to find the limited edition anywhere. It goes for too much on eBay.

[quote name='Griptor']Yeah, I'll go for it too. I've just about given up on trying to find the limited edition anywhere. It goes for too much on eBay.[/quote]

Good call. My Big Daddy has had both his arms fall of =(

used bioshock is 25$ (less than 20$ with 25% off) at BBV

I saw the flyer, nothing special except trade 6 + 20$ for a psp. I hope there is unadvertised sales.

[quote name='Corizzle']Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed, all the build up and doesn't seem to be much of anything. The trade-in deals are alright but I never seem to go through the process of doing those. The actual savings are minimal on most things. The Darkness is on sale for $49.99 to seemingly ignore the fact it was $9.99 just a few weeks ago.[/quote]

um I got 6 games with 8$+ tiv as of today for 45$, so 65$ for a new psp is pretty decent savings

[quote name='Caro']um I got 6 games with 8$+ tiv as of today for 45$, so 65$ for a new psp is pretty decent savings[/quote]

What games did you buy exactly? I want to get a PSP as well.

gonna pick up poker 2008, mlb the show on psp, UMD's if ranzo is correct :), maybe the charging dock and if i can find 5 games, i'll grab a ds!

Was in at an EB today and the mysterious red stickers are back on a ton of games throughout the store. No prices on the red stickers that have been placed below the regular white ones. I asked the clerk and he said they were all clearance. Maybe 2 for 20?

Something is up.

[quote name='Caro']um I got 6 games with 8$+ tiv as of today for 45$, so 65$ for a new psp is pretty decent savings[/quote]

As I said the trade-in deals are alright, pretty good in your case. I just don't feel it's worth the effort since I already got a PSP, DS and don't think I want a PS3 right now. The actual games on sale aren't very hot.

[quote name='xezekielx']What games did you buy exactly? I want to get a PSP as well.[/quote]

kengo 360 (pricematched amazons sale at FS)
nhl2k8 360 )pmd_
stuntman ignition
Graw
code lyoko wii
golden compass 360

[quote name='Corizzle']As I said the trade-in deals are alright, pretty good in your case. I just don't feel it's worth the effort since I already got a PSP, DS and don't think I want a PS3 right now. The actual games on sale aren't very hot.[/quote]

true, hopefully there are some unadvertised deals.

if 2 for 20 is including games like dead rising and the darkness etc. it would be nice. I have both those games but you know... that area of game quality for 10$ each would be nice

I'm glad to see there's a deal on the WoW battlechest, but I thought there was a deal someplace else where it was only $29.99?

[quote name='JnJosh']caro i doubt stuntman will work if its 9.99, could be wrong but may want to have a reserve title.[/quote]

it worked today on a trade 3, hopefully it holds up for 24 more hours atleast

[quote name='Skardee']Good call. My Big Daddy has had both his arms fall of =([/quote]

Maybe you should just display it rather than playing with it? ;)

[quote name='JnJosh']caro i doubt stuntman will work if its 9.99, could be wrong but may want to have a reserve title.[/quote]

Supposedly, DK Barrel Blast works/ed for trade 3 and EB sold them for 10 bucks during their last big sale.

bread's done
Back