EB Games-GameDays Promo 2008 RETURNS MAY 23!FLYER NOW UP!!!!LINK!!!!

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Be sure to pop into EB on the 23rd! There will be a massive sale on tons of games and stuff! I saw the ads at the Metropolis Eb....Maybe Ranzo can provide a full list of games accessories on sale....The only thing I saw was the 2 for 20 sale....

http://ebgames.ca/fsi.asp

hardware_may.jpg

[quote name='poiuiu']Supposedly, DK Barrel Blast works/ed for trade 3 and EB sold them for 10 bucks during their last big sale.[/quote]

yeah i bought both games a couple weeks back, than used them for trade 3, but when the games were 9.99 they didnt have a high tiv, like 3 bucks

[quote name='gmoney1234567890']did they change the aerosmith deal? I also thought GOW:coo would work for the trade in deal.[/quote]

This is what I thought as well. Can anyone give some insight?

[quote name='Winkels']So do these deals fall under FS's price matching policy?[/quote]

If they have it in stock, especially the better deals, and it'll be anything in the flyer (you won't be able to just go in and demand $30 because EB has it with no proof). This is the first time I've ever seen "offer may be discontinued at any time" so FS might use the "it's limited quantities" to not give it to you.

It's all on you though, if you look like a hoarder or a RFD (buying 3+ copies of the same games) FS employees in gaming will do their best not to give it to you.

[quote name='Lockescythe']um can someone confirm odin sphere at 19.99 before I run out of the house to go to eb?[/quote]

Couldn't you just call your local store and ask if it is that price, then ask them to put it on hold for you? I think that would save you a trip.

(Even though I'd love to buy that game for $19.99!)

Odin Sphere $19.99??? Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes. Good thing I'm heading out to EB before going to work. Time to bring my loot bag with me.

*sister wanted bus pass so had to go get it at opening plus I wanted to see if there was anything else cool on sale*

Metal Saga 29.99
Soul Nomad 39.99
both red tagged.

Didn't grab either but figured I'd make a mental note.

TRU had no more heroes at 29.99, DQ swords 39.99 and soul calibur legends 19.99.

Might head back later in the week to pick up the 5$ vice cit at EB.

I was able to get Bioshock and The Darkness (360) was $4.99 used.
For $4.99 used for the 360 they also had:
Call of Juarez
Moto GP
Fantastic 4
Superman Returns
Prey

[quote name='Lockescythe']cool got me some odin sphere.

I can confirm its 19.99[/QUOTE]

was that used, or gutted (or sealed???)

brand new sealed.

19.99 box had a red tagged copy of it.

You bring it up to the front and they pull you a sealed one from a stack.

They had about 4 at the location I went to.

Odin crosses off another of my RPG collection for ps2.
Now if only Toys R Us would mark down their "clearance" rogue galaxy..... they've had it on "clearance" for 29.99 for the longest time now like 8 copies too.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I was able to get Bioshock and The Darkness (360) was $4.99 used.
For $4.99 used for the 360 they also had:
Call of Juarez
Moto GP
Fantastic 4
Superman Returns
Prey[/quote]

Was this in Kanata? If so, how many copies would you say? I probably won't be able to get over there until Sunday.

Yes it was Kanata.
Bioshock had one other new copy and one new gutted on the shelf. Lots of used Bioshock games for $24.99. A decent amount of the other used games. There's more in the back for most used games, just ask if you don't see it on the self.
Best Buy still has Bioshock listed for $59.99 with the flyer it should be an easy PM.

Well, if it's the same that it's been every other year then it will be:

9.99-14.99 = 2 for 20
15.99-19.99 = 2 for 30
20.99-27.99 = 2 for 40

It's only 2 for 20 this time, not 2 for 30 and 2 for 40 but you are right.

My haul:
Katamari Damacy - $9.99
Odin Sphere - $19.99
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - $4.99
Superman Returns - $4.99
The Darkness - $4.99
Fatal Inertia - $4.99

I know the last 4 won't be the greatest games I've played, but it's cheaper then renting and achievement points FTW :D

I'm surprised I actually restrained myself from going overboard, luckily EB made it fairly easy with their mostly weak deals

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I was able to get Bioshock and The Darkness (360) was $4.99 used.
[/QUOTE]
How did you get Bioshock for 4.99?
I asked them to scan it and it came up as 24.99

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']How did you get Bioshock for 4.99?
I asked them to scan it and it came up as 24.99[/quote]

She didn't, she meant she got it new for 30 bucks. Yeah, used Bioshock is 25 dollars.

I got a pretty sweet deal. The EB I went to had a single used copy of Odin Sphere for 14.99, so I just combined that with Naruto: Rise of a Ninja (also 14.99) and got both for 20 bucks. Since the Odin Spheres at the store were all gutted, the only difference was the one I got had a few more scratches on the box.

[quote name='Griptor']She didn't, she meant she got it new for 30 bucks. Yeah, used Bioshock is 25 dollars.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Princess Zelda']Sorry arnoldrimmer that was some bad grammar.
Yes, I paid $29.99 for Bioshock.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for clearing that up, I was just afraid that I had over paid by 20 bucks, I'd hardly be a CAG if I'd done that :D

[quote name='Corizzle']
Fatal Inertia - $4.99
[/quote]

Fun Fact...Fatal Inertia is the lowest selling xbox 360 game selling less than 5,000 copies

Unfortunately I have no citation :(
You'll have to take my word on it.

[quote name='magiic']Fun Fact...Fatal Inertia is the lowest selling xbox 360 game selling less than 5,000 copies

Unfortunately I have no citation :(
You'll have to take my word on it.[/quote]

I see why lol . THe demo was terrible but I'm sure there are worse games.

[quote name='turgore2008']I see why lol . THe demo was terrible but I'm sure there are worse games.[/quote]

Reviews aren't actually horrible, 61 score on Metacritic. Not great but not bad considering it was only $5.

Higher then 2 of the other 4 $5 games I got (Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer with 45, Superman Returns with 51)

The Darkness seems like the cream of the crop of the $5 Used 360 games.

LOL they're selling new copies of stuntman on 360 for 9.99 and it still has 8 tiv (the clerks were laughing when I bought it, opened it and handed it to him as part of 6 for a psp)

traded in

Soul caliber legends wii - 17 tiv
NHL 2k8 360 (backup game... I did bad math and only had 8 trade in games instead of 9... oh well it cost me 11$) 15$ tiv I think (not sure)
Stuntman ignition 360 =8 tiv
crackdown - 8 tiv
GRAW - 8 tiv
Thrillville WII - 11 tiv

trade for fallout 3

Stuntman - 8 tiv
Spiderman 3 360 - 9 tiv
forza 2 360 - 10 tiv

I bought Smackdown Vs Raw 2006 for PS2 and Need for Speed Underground 2 for PS2 ... 6,99$ used each (before 10% used rebate with EB Edge) using EB credit.

Bully Wii is 25$ new (instead of 30$), I was almost tempted.

Almost bought Monster Hunter Portable for $15, the I looked at the used section and saw it for $10. Uh-huh.

Nothing cheap for Blu-ray, and nothing good apart from the advertised stuff. Was hoping to see non-advertised specials, maybe it's just my EB but it seems like a box full of Meh.

You can get Bioshock for 24.99 minus 25% at Blockbuster.

How much is Oblivion at EB Games? My friends have been pressuring me to buy it. And is it cheaper anywhere else?

Many games not in the flyer went down in price. The only one I noticed to be anything, maybe interesting was Eye of Judgment.

Anyone who is having trouble finding games to trade in for any of the promos, PM me and I might be able to help. The information I have to share I would rather not post publicly on here or at RFD. Man, there needs to be some kind of insider newsletter or forum.

Traded in the following 5 for a Cobalt DS:

Forza 2
GOW -psp
Stuntman -360
Patapon
GRAW

Asked for TIV on the following but decided to keep them since the values were so low:

The Darkness - $2
Tomb Raider Anniversary (ps2) - $5
Prey CE - $2

I picked up Odin Sphere and Katamari for PS2 for $10 apiece, and the Queensway EB Games had like 20 of each in stock.

And I also picked up some games for the two-fer-20 dealie, Disaster Report and Stuntman (two games I've been meaning to pick up since forever). And this two-fer is any game 19.99 and under (DR was 19.99)!!!!

[quote name='kathos']I picked up Odin Sphere and Katamari for PS2 for $10 apiece, and the Queensway EB Games had like 20 of each in stock.

And I also picked up some games for the two-fer-20 dealie, Disaster Report and Stuntman (two games I've been meaning to pick up since forever). And this two-fer is any game 19.99 and under (DR was 19.99)!!!![/quote]

That's odd. My EB was selling Odin Sphere for $19.99 and the 'twofer' was only for games valued at $14.99 and lower.

Speaking of Odin Sphere, if anyone finds a sealed copy and is willing to ship, please pick up a copy for me. My local EB only has a gutted copy left. :cry:

[quote name='Usuyami']That's odd. My EB was selling Odin Sphere for $19.99 and the 'twofer' was only for games valued at $14.99 and lower.

Speaking of Odin Sphere, if anyone finds a sealed copy and is willing to ship, please pick up a copy for me. My local EB only has a gutted copy left. :cry:[/quote]

Unless you're just going to sit on it (bad cheapass), it shouldn't matter. And if it's for a friend, they should be glad they didn't have to pay to play such an under-whelming piece.

Either way, you're getting it from an eb, so you're going to hell. :p

[quote name='Usuyami']That's odd. My EB was selling Odin Sphere for $19.99 and the 'twofer' was only for games valued at $14.99 and lower.

Speaking of Odin Sphere, if anyone finds a sealed copy and is willing to ship, please pick up a copy for me. My local EB only has a gutted copy left. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Same here at my EB. Where is this EB that's got prices that are so much better?

[quote name='Firestorm']Naruto: Rise of a Ninja is definitely worth $14.99. Anyone interested should pick it up.[/QUOTE]

If you're not downloading the Japanese voice pack (which is free), you're making Baby Konohamaru cry.

[quote name='EggViper']Ranzo, how much is the eye of judgement on for?[/quote]

Eye of Judgment is on sale for $44.95. I grabbed one already, and will grab more in the next few days, but EB has lots at the moment.

Also, if anyone does grab it and needs cards, I'm your man. I've got boosters, theme decks, and singles, as well as a game-share for the set 2 download. Helps if you're in the GVA, but I'm willing to ship as well.

Speaking of Odin Sphere, if anyone finds a sealed copy and is willing to ship, please pick up a copy for me. My local EB only has a gutted copy left. :cry:[/quote]

Whoops yeah my bad, Odin Sphere was $19.99 but the twofer is up to 19.99 (near the bottom of the receipt). And here's my receipt:

If anyone lives in Toronto I'll pick up Odin Sphere or Katamari at my EB and we can exchange, I don't do Paypal anymore unless I'm paying out. If you have an alternate method PM me with it.

[quote name='kathos']Whoops yeah my bad, Odin Sphere was $19.99 but the twofer is up to 19.99 (near the bottom of the receipt). And here's my receipt:

If anyone lives in Toronto I'll pick up Odin Sphere or Katamari at my EB and we can exchange, I don't do Paypal anymore unless I'm paying out. If you have an alternate method PM me with it.[/quote]

Just a mistake. It is 14.99$ hurry back and get more before they realize.

I'm in Toronto! Pick up Odin Sphere for me. :)

[quote name='kathos']Whoops yeah my bad, Odin Sphere was $19.99 but the twofer is up to 19.99 (near the bottom of the receipt). And here's my receipt:

If anyone lives in Toronto I'll pick up Odin Sphere or Katamari at my EB and we can exchange, I don't do Paypal anymore unless I'm paying out. If you have an alternate method PM me with it.[/quote]

Hey guys, I'm not sure what "gutted" means. Is it just when EB opens up new games to store them on display? Meaning new but not sealed?

...cause I've always hated that they did that. Is that the pinned term for it?

[quote name='Griptor']Hey guys, I'm not sure what "gutted" means. Is it just when EB opens up new games to store them on display? Meaning new but not sealed?

...cause I've always hated that they did that. Is that the pinned term for it?[/quote]

Yeah, you've got it. :applause:

bread's done
Back