EB Games June Sale 6/12-6/19 - NOW ONLINE (Xmen Legends, Spidey2 $15 and more)

Scahom1

CAGiversary!
Link to sale and ad scans at EBgames.com

Complete sale, from Tenzor - (sent to cheapyd via PM)

PS2
Your Choice $14.99
X-Men Legends
Spiderman 2
Shrek 2
NBA Ballers
LOTR Third Age
The Urbz
American Chopper
Hitman Contracts

Your Choice $29.99
Call of Duty
Mortal Kombat Deception
Tony Hawk UG 2
Brothers in Arms
Getaway Black Monday
WWE Smackdown vs. RAW
NFL Street 2
Tiger Woods 2005
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater $19.99
Hot Shots Golf Fore
$19.99
Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition $39.99
Area 51 - $29.99
Batman Begins - $39.99 w/ free movie ticket
PS2 Slim System & Gran Turismo 4 - Get a $20 EB Games Gift Voucher w/ both are purchased on same transaction

XBOX
Your Choice $14.99
X-Men Legends
Spiderman 2
Shrek 2
NBA Ballers
LOTR Third Age
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243595.aspThe Urbz

Your Choice $29.99
Call of Duty
Mortal Kombat Deception
THUG 2
Brothers in Arms
Greg Hastings Paintball
NFL Street 2
Tiger Woods 2005

Halo 2 - $39.99
Unreal Championship 2 - $29.99
Doom 3 - $39.99
Doom 3 LE - $49.99
Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition - $39.99
Area 51 - $29.99
Halo - $19.99
Psychonauts - $39.99

XBOX Nascar Steering Wheel - $15 off w/ purchase of any XBOX Game $49.99 and up

Gamecube
Your Choice $14.99
X-Men Legends
Spiderman 2
Shrek 2
LOTR Third Age
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243595.asp

Your Choice $29.99
Call of Duty
Mortal Kombat Deception
THUG 2
Paper Mario
Baten Kaitos
NFL Street 2
Tiger Woods 05
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Donkey Konga 2 without Bongos - $34.99
Resident Evil 4 - $39.99
Gamecube System w/ 1 free select players choice game (from a list of 10 titles)

PSP
Spiderman 2 - $39.99
Tony Hawk Underground Remix - $39.99

DS
Spiderman 2 DS - $29.99
Goldeneye Rogue Agent - $29.99
DS System w/free Mario DS game - $149.99

GBA
Shark Tale - $19.99
GBA SP System w/ free Zelda Link to the Past $89.99

PC
Half Life 2 - $39.99
Doom 3 - $19.99
Doom 3 Expansion - $19.99
Rome Total War - $39.99
Close Combat FTF - $29.99
Brothers in Arms - $29.99
Everquest II - $29.99

Pre-Played Deals
Buy 3 Get 1 Free on pre-played games, music cds or DVD Movies
Use code PPB3G1
----> DVD movies also have a Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal

GBA SP System Pre-Played $59.99**
XBOX Pre-Played System - $99.99*
GC Pre-Played System - $54.99*
PS2 Pre-Played System - $99.99*

**After trading a GBA system
*After trading a PS1 System (PS 1000 series excluded from trade)

Trade in Deals

Get $30 Trade in Credit when you trade in one of the following games

Killer 7 PS2/GC
GTA San Andreas XB
Advent Rising XB
Arc the Lad End of Darkness PS2
Rainbow Six Lockdown XB/PS2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original post....

Just got notice of a new sale starting in 2 weeks...some of the highlights...

1) Buy 3 preplayed games, get 1 free

2) Buy a Nintendo DS, get Super Mario 64 for free

3) GBA SP + Zelda: LTTP = $89.99

4) Doom 3: Collector's Edition XB $49.99 (Normal edition $39.99)

5) Doom 3 or Doom 3 Expansion Pack PC: $19.99

6) $14.99 each: Xmen Legends, Spiderman 2, American Chopper, Shrek 2 + more (But nothing too exciting)

7) MGS 3: $19.99

8) $29.99 each: Area 51, Unreal Tournament 2, Close Combat, Everquest II, WWE Smackdown vs. Raw, Baten Katos

9) $39.99 each: Half Life 2, Midnight Club 3, Spiderman 2 PSP, Tony Hawk 2 PSP

Of course, there is a lot more to this sale, but I just picked the best of the best, or items that are actually a sale and not just a refection of recent price drops. I'll post more information when/If I get it.

I do not post often in this forum, because to be honest some of you are down right obsessive when it comes to cheap ass deals. I think I spot a deal and find it already posted all the time. However, I do want to say thanks to all of you for the great info and humor I read all the time. I have saved a ton of cash on games because of you. My wife bought me GtaSa, area 51, and unreal2 for father's day because she saw me reading this forum with the 29.99 info. (yep, shes a keeper). So thanks and keep it up. With the holidays coming and all the great games, I need all the help I can get.

anyone ordered online?, I make my order since the first day and is still on hold :(

Nvm, already shipped :)

It seems that the game comes with the original demo and 3 trading cards :)

[quote name='el bobo']Is that cash for stash coupon still good, because it would be a good combo with the B3G1F.[/QUOTE]

It's been gone for a really really long time.:( It's very sad. I loved that coupon and sorely miss it.

[quote name='encendido5']It's close, but you're right.

Say you buy 4 $20 games:

With the first scenario: 3 * $20 = $60 + $1.99 shipping = $61.99 for 4 games

Second scenario: 4 * $20 = $80 * 75% (with coupons) = $60 free shipping for 4 games[/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming my guesstimate by crunching the numbers... Also, your scenarios assume all the games are of equal price ($20). If the 4th game is only $10, then you'd save even less. B3G1F blows then... I'll stick with CAG15/EDGE/SAVER. thx.

[quote name='danboy123']I do not post often in this forum, because to be honest some of you are down right obsessive when it comes to cheap ass deals. I think I spot a deal and find it already posted all the time. However, I do want to say thanks to all of you for the great info and humor I read all the time. I have saved a ton of cash on games because of you. My wife bought me GtaSa, area 51, and unreal2 for father's day because she saw me reading this forum with the 29.99 info.[/QUOTE]

I didn't become an obsessive CAG until a couple years ago when I came across an article about the site in EGM.

Sometimes I enjoy the thrill and the chase of getting the bargains more then actually saving money... and helping friends get what they want (like building EB credit for their PSP)... thank the Misses for getting all those games for you.

[quote name='sabin23']Thanks for confirming my guesstimate by crunching the numbers... Also, your scenarios assume all the games are of equal price ($20). If the 4th game is only $10, then you'd save even less. B3G1F blows then... I'll stick with CAG15/EDGE/SAVER. thx.[/QUOTE]

Actually my math was a little off before, I just tried online and found out the B3G1F combines with your EDGE card, but that's the only one. So it might be a better deal if you can find 4 games of equal price. Otherwise, stick with the CAG15/EDGE/SAVER combo.

Edit:
Here's the new math if you want to buy 4 games at $20 each

With the first scenario: 4 * $20 = $80 * 90% (EDGE Card) = $72 - $20 (B3G1F) = $52 + $1.99 shipping = $53.99 for 4 games

Second scenario: 4 * $20 = $80 * 75% (with coupons) = $60 free shipping for 4 games

Hopefully this is in stores as well..I notice gamestop is selling legends for almost full price (34.99 used)...ebgames has it for 14.99 on the website but im going to call in a few to see if they have copies in store as well..

[quote name='encendido5']Actually my math was a little off before, I just tried online and found out the B3G1F combines with your EDGE card, but that's the only one. So it might be a better deal if you can find 4 games of equal price. Otherwise, stick with the CAG15/EDGE/SAVER combo.

Edit:
Here's the new math if you want to buy 4 games at $20 each

With the first scenario: 4 * $20 = $80 * 90% (EDGE Card) = $72 - $20 (B3G1F) = $52 + $1.99 shipping = $53.99 for 4 games

Second scenario: 4 * $20 = $80 * 75% (with coupons) = $60 free shipping for 4 games[/QUOTE]

They take the 10% off before subtracting the $20? If so, they're kind of screwing themselves over. Seems like it should be $60 * 90% + $1.99 = $55.99.

[quote name='Backlash']They take the 10% off before subtracting the $20? If so, they're kind of screwing themselves over. Seems like it should be $60 * 90% + $1.99 = $55.99.[/QUOTE]

At least on the website they did. I added 4 copies Crystal Chronicles and put both coupons in and it subtracted $8 for my EDGE card.

To anyone who ordered Area 51 w/ bonus MAT2, has yours shipped yet? I ordered mine on 6/10/05 and that's the only part of my order that hasn't yet shipped. The reason why I ask is that now when I'm looking at the product page for Area 51, it no longer lists the bonus. EB pulled a similar deal when I bought Breakdown for $20 which still listed Dead to Rights as a free bonus item. They eventually shipped Breakdown but canceled the bonus stating that they didn't have anymore in stock. I justified my purchase of Area 51 as getting 2 games for 30 bucks when considering the bonus, and I really would have waited on Area 51 until it was $20 if I was only getting it by itself. Anyone worried about this? Anyone already have their's ship with the bonus from this sale?

Could be theirs. ;)

Anywho I got X-men Legends for $27 a week after it came out and despite my lack of playtime I can tell you it's easily worth $15.

[quote name='Professor Oreo']To anyone who ordered Area 51 w/ bonus MAT2, has yours shipped yet? I ordered mine on 6/10/05 and that's the only part of my order that hasn't yet shipped. The reason why I ask is that now when I'm looking at the product page for Area 51, it no longer lists the bonus. EB pulled a similar deal when I bought Breakdown for $20 which still listed Dead to Rights as a free bonus item. They eventually shipped Breakdown but canceled the bonus stating that they didn't have anymore in stock. I justified my purchase of Area 51 as getting 2 games for 30 bucks when considering the bonus, and I really would have waited on Area 51 until it was $20 if I was only getting it by itself. Anyone worried about this? Anyone already have their's ship with the bonus from this sale?[/QUOTE]

Fine Print for the bonus said "While Supplies Last".

However, if you look at your shipping email it will list if the bonus was shipped or not. Mine shipped together in one package.

PROMO AREA 51 MAT2 XB
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1

Anyway, I got my order with both games Monday (yesterday).

[quote name='bmarquardt']Fine Print for the bonus said "While Supplies Last".

However, if you look at your shipping email it will list if the bonus was shipped or not. Mine shipped together in one package.

PROMO AREA 51 MAT2 XB
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1

Anyway, I got my order with both games Monday (yesterday).[/QUOTE]

Yeah I looked at my order and it says neither Area 51 nor the bonus has shipped yet, but the other games I ordered at the same time have shipped already... that's why I'm starting to worry. When did you place your order if I might ask? I placed mine on 6/10/05 at 1:51PM.

[quote name='Professor Oreo']Yeah I looked at my order and it says neither Area 51 nor the bonus has shipped yet, but the other games I ordered at the same time have shipped already... that's why I'm starting to worry. When did you place your order if I might ask? I placed mine on 6/10/05 at 1:51PM.[/QUOTE]

6/10 9:34 AM

I went to EB yesterday and bought MGS3. After playing MGS2 for the first time in a while yesterdaty, I noticed just how much I love the series, so I bought it.

Wow, great deal on X-MEN Legends....I had it, beat it, traded it in....thought about re-buying it, but I'll pass. Nothing else really wets my fancy....is Spiderman 2 any good?

[quote name='outlawz42']Hopefully this is in stores as well..I notice gamestop is selling legends for almost full price (34.99 used)...ebgames has it for 14.99 on the website but im going to call in a few to see if they have copies in store as well..[/QUOTE]

It is in store, I picked up Xmen Legends Xbox at my local B+M store on sunday. Well worth the 15 bucks :)

[quote name='doubledown']Wow, great deal on X-MEN Legends....I had it, beat it, traded it in....thought about re-buying it, but I'll pass. Nothing else really wets my fancy....is Spiderman 2 any good?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's pretty good. I got it for free when it came out with some trade-ins. It's definitely better than the first game. The only thing, though, is that the fighting engine isn't that great, and you may get tired of the same old, "Someone help that man!" "They're robbing the bank!" "That man needs a doctor!" etc. missions. However, using your Spidey powers and such is a blast, and if you can max out your skills and use various throws and powers, the engine gets a bit better.

It's worth $15.

[quote name='Professor Oreo']To anyone who ordered Area 51 w/ bonus MAT2, has yours shipped yet? I ordered mine on 6/10/05 and that's the only part of my order that hasn't yet shipped. The reason why I ask is that now when I'm looking at the product page for Area 51, it no longer lists the bonus. EB pulled a similar deal when I bought Breakdown for $20 which still listed Dead to Rights as a free bonus item. They eventually shipped Breakdown but canceled the bonus stating that they didn't have anymore in stock. I justified my purchase of Area 51 as getting 2 games for 30 bucks when considering the bonus, and I really would have waited on Area 51 until it was $20 if I was only getting it by itself. Anyone worried about this? Anyone already have their's ship with the bonus from this sale?[/QUOTE]

Well no free Midway Arcade Treasures for me. They shipped Area 51 and canceled the bonus as I feared they might. However, in a surprising turn of events, they sent me an email to apologize for not being able to deliver the bonus, and the email included a $10 gift voucher for my troubles! I didn't even contact them about the matter at all, they just did it on their own accord!

EB gets 2 thumbs up in my book! :bouncy:

Quick question for all who have ordered "new" products from ebgames.com. Are ebgames and ebgames.com two seperate entities? Do they still send out display copies like they try to sell you in the store and label them as new? I recently ordered La Pucelle as 'new' and was just wondering. Thanks

[quote name='0192837465']Quick question for all who have ordered "new" products from ebgames.com. Are ebgames and ebgames.com two seperate entities? Do they still send out display copies like they try to sell you in the store and label them as new? I recently ordered La Pucelle as 'new' and was just wondering. Thanks[/QUOTE]

If you order something "new" from ebgames.com you will get a brand new, factory sealed, unopened copy. If you don't, then that's a mistake, and they will correct it. Out of the 50 or so orders I've made over the last 4 years, it's only happened once (they sent me a used copy of "Fatal Frame" instead of a new one), and they fixed it right away. They sent me a prepaid envelope to send back the used copy, and immediately sent out the new copy using their fastest shipping method.

I picked up the xmen legends for xbox 14.99..decent game..i was going to pay 49.99 when it came out..this is a much better deal..

[quote name='mofo1115']thanks just picked up xmen legends... ready to get the buds together and game all night long![/QUOTE]

Don't forget that you have to play through the first level plus the mansion before it becomes multi-player. Just setting up expectations...

[quote name='Backlash']Don't forget that you have to play through the first level plus the mansion before it becomes multi-player. Just setting up expectations...[/QUOTE]
Still waiting for the game to arrive. Quick question. Can you save the game between levels? Or does the game start from level 1 every time?

[quote name='Backlash']Don't forget that you have to play through the first level plus the mansion before it becomes multi-player. Just setting up expectations...[/QUOTE]

Good point, play the game by your lonesome first to setup the 4-players... i had a group of friends over at Christmas and we were pissed at the game. We kept dying over and over again in 1st level and never got to any part with more then 2-players.

I hated the game and put it away for a very long time. It wasn't until I played the game by myself 5-months later (and got to the mansion) that we returned to the game for 4-player fests.

Now it's pretty fun... and when you power up and level up your mutant abilities, the game can get very cool.... better play this before the Legends 2 comes out - ONLINE!!!

Good deal, just got X-men legends and LOTR third age yesterday. For 15 bucks a pop it was to good to pass up.

EB kicks ass!

I had ordered Area 51 for Xbox when it had the free Midway Arcade Treasures 2 with it, and I was notified that they ran out of MAT2 via email and included a $10 off coupon. I used my coupon on Metroid Prime 2, $21.98 shipped, and got my Area 51 package today to find not only Area 51, but Midway Arcade Treasures 1! w00t!

bread's done
Back