EB Games June Sale 6/12-6/19 - NOW ONLINE (Xmen Legends, Spidey2 $15 and more)

Scahom1

CAGiversary!
Link to sale and ad scans at EBgames.com

Complete sale, from Tenzor - (sent to cheapyd via PM)

PS2
Your Choice $14.99
X-Men Legends
Spiderman 2
Shrek 2
NBA Ballers
LOTR Third Age
The Urbz
American Chopper
Hitman Contracts

Your Choice $29.99
Call of Duty
Mortal Kombat Deception
Tony Hawk UG 2
Brothers in Arms
Getaway Black Monday
WWE Smackdown vs. RAW
NFL Street 2
Tiger Woods 2005
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater $19.99
Hot Shots Golf Fore
$19.99
Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition $39.99
Area 51 - $29.99
Batman Begins - $39.99 w/ free movie ticket
PS2 Slim System & Gran Turismo 4 - Get a $20 EB Games Gift Voucher w/ both are purchased on same transaction

XBOX
Your Choice $14.99
X-Men Legends
Spiderman 2
Shrek 2
NBA Ballers
LOTR Third Age
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243595.aspThe Urbz

Your Choice $29.99
Call of Duty
Mortal Kombat Deception
THUG 2
Brothers in Arms
Greg Hastings Paintball
NFL Street 2
Tiger Woods 2005

Halo 2 - $39.99
Unreal Championship 2 - $29.99
Doom 3 - $39.99
Doom 3 LE - $49.99
Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition - $39.99
Area 51 - $29.99
Halo - $19.99
Psychonauts - $39.99

XBOX Nascar Steering Wheel - $15 off w/ purchase of any XBOX Game $49.99 and up

Gamecube
Your Choice $14.99
X-Men Legends
Spiderman 2
Shrek 2
LOTR Third Age
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243595.asp

Your Choice $29.99
Call of Duty
Mortal Kombat Deception
THUG 2
Paper Mario
Baten Kaitos
NFL Street 2
Tiger Woods 05
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Donkey Konga 2 without Bongos - $34.99
Resident Evil 4 - $39.99
Gamecube System w/ 1 free select players choice game (from a list of 10 titles)

PSP
Spiderman 2 - $39.99
Tony Hawk Underground Remix - $39.99

DS
Spiderman 2 DS - $29.99
Goldeneye Rogue Agent - $29.99
DS System w/free Mario DS game - $149.99

GBA
Shark Tale - $19.99
GBA SP System w/ free Zelda Link to the Past $89.99

PC
Half Life 2 - $39.99
Doom 3 - $19.99
Doom 3 Expansion - $19.99
Rome Total War - $39.99
Close Combat FTF - $29.99
Brothers in Arms - $29.99
Everquest II - $29.99

Pre-Played Deals
Buy 3 Get 1 Free on pre-played games, music cds or DVD Movies
Use code PPB3G1
----> DVD movies also have a Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal

GBA SP System Pre-Played $59.99**
XBOX Pre-Played System - $99.99*
GC Pre-Played System - $54.99*
PS2 Pre-Played System - $99.99*

**After trading a GBA system
*After trading a PS1 System (PS 1000 series excluded from trade)

Trade in Deals

Get $30 Trade in Credit when you trade in one of the following games

Killer 7 PS2/GC
GTA San Andreas XB
Advent Rising XB
Arc the Lad End of Darkness PS2
Rainbow Six Lockdown XB/PS2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original post....

Just got notice of a new sale starting in 2 weeks...some of the highlights...

1) Buy 3 preplayed games, get 1 free

2) Buy a Nintendo DS, get Super Mario 64 for free

3) GBA SP + Zelda: LTTP = $89.99

4) Doom 3: Collector's Edition XB $49.99 (Normal edition $39.99)

5) Doom 3 or Doom 3 Expansion Pack PC: $19.99

6) $14.99 each: Xmen Legends, Spiderman 2, American Chopper, Shrek 2 + more (But nothing too exciting)

7) MGS 3: $19.99

8) $29.99 each: Area 51, Unreal Tournament 2, Close Combat, Everquest II, WWE Smackdown vs. Raw, Baten Katos

9) $39.99 each: Half Life 2, Midnight Club 3, Spiderman 2 PSP, Tony Hawk 2 PSP

Of course, there is a lot more to this sale, but I just picked the best of the best, or items that are actually a sale and not just a refection of recent price drops. I'll post more information when/If I get it.

[quote name='sabin23']Any confirmation about whether this deal is online too?

I guess Dracula already pointed out you can't combine CAG16/EDGE/SAVER with B3G1 Free.

Should I jump the gun (screw the B3G1F) and just buy the games now (and not sweat games being sold out on Sunday) for essentially (25% off after CAG16/EDGE)? What's the better deal?[/QUOTE]

If you're wanting to buy online then forget about the B3G1F(up to 25% off). I think saver doesn't even work with it, so cag16/edge/saver (definite 25% off plus -$2) is the better deal. The buy 3 etc. deals are usually good only if you can find a game at the store that can't be bought online.

Do they have flyers for this sale in-store? I'm probably going to get a price match at CC, since my EB will likely be sold out of X-Men and Spidey 2.

[quote name='salmonaxxx']Do they have flyers for this sale in-store? I'm probably going to get a price match at CC, since my EB will likely be sold out of X-Men and Spidey 2.[/QUOTE]

Sales doesn't start until tuesday -- fliers will likely be in store then (or slightly after).

Just called the store closest to me and X-men was $19.99 as of today in stores. The in-store sale apparently doesn't start until the 12th. If you take EB saver shipping, its a few dollars cheaper to get it now from the website.

The decision about which version of Xmen Legends to get was VERY easy for me. The Xbox version supports 720p.

[quote name='tokerblue']The decision about which version of Xmen Legends to get was VERY easy for me. The Xbox version supports 720p.[/QUOTE]

Does it support 480p?

[quote name='cag1000']at work cant access gamerankings
which xmen has the best rating ps2 gc or xbox?[/QUOTE]
from gamerankings
XBOX = 82.6%
GC = 82.0%
PS2 = 80.2%

[quote name='c1l1t']from gamerankings
XBOX = 82.6%
GC = 82.0%
PS2 = 80.2%[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go buy a gamerankings average to tell which system is the best version. Go by the features and/or your favorite system. A gamerankings score would include the biased review sites.

I picked up Spidey 2 and X-men legends for the cube, thanks.

i just ordered x men legends and shadows of empires for n64 to get free shipping. it came out to 18.xx with tax and everything. thanks to whoever posted that it was online.

Here's gamespot's take on the different versions of x-men and spiderman 2:

X-men legends:
The expected differences hold true here, as the Xbox version looks and sounds cleaner than the other two, though the GameCube is a very close second. The PlayStation 2 version also has longer load times than the other two versions. The game controls just as well on the Xbox, PlayStation 2, and GameCube, so it's roughly identical where it truly counts.

Spiderman 2:
The game makes fairly intensive use of a lot of different buttons, which makes the PlayStation 2 version the best in terms of control, if only by a very slight margin. But, graphically, the Xbox version comes out on top with its cleaner look, though the GameCube version is a very close second. Regardless of these typical differences, the game holds up well enough on all three platforms, so you aren't really missing out on anything by getting one version over another. The game has rather brief loading times on all platforms, only stopping to load when you're entering a mission or coming out of a cutscene; you can seamlessly travel around the city itself.

the b3g1f isnt working for me. I'm buying:

The Mark of Kri - Pre-Played PS2
Usually Ships Within 24 Hours
Includes instructions and original packaging. $7.99

Summoner 2 - Pre-Played PS2
Includes instructions and original packaging. $7.99

Beyond Good and Evil - Pre-Played PS2
Includes instructions and original packaging. $9.99

Hitman: Contracts - Pre-Played PS2
Includes instructions and original packaging. $9.99

and it says that I am not reaching the requirements to use the offer (yes i know about the coupon code)

sorry if this has already been posted

used the gift voucher from syphon filter and ordered doom 3 CE for $32.36 after tax (w/ free 3 day shippping).
thanks for the heads up!

Thanks, Ordered Unreal Championship 2 :D
btw maybe this is a very noob question but this is the first time that I order something from ebgames, I dont live in USA I just use a virtual adress so when the package gets there a company re-send it to my country.

Well when I finished my order it says something about a 10$ gift voucher but they also mention a service for a 9$ a month my question is can I get the 10$ coupon and cancel the "reservation rewards" easily later?
I don't want to call to USA just for that.

[quote name='FiRez']Thanks, Ordered Unreal Championship 2 :D
btw maybe this is a very noob question but this is the first time that I order something from ebgames, I dont live in USA I just use a virtual adress so when the package gets there a company re-send it to my country.

Well when I finished my order it says something about a 10$ gift voucher but they also mention a service for a 9$ a month my question is can I get the 10$ coupon and cancel the "reservation rewards" easily later?
I don't want to call to USA just for that.[/QUOTE]

its a trap, dont do it. well you can do it, but just be sure to cancel the reservation rewards membership right away so you wont get charged.

it may be a good idea to cancel the credit card as well, bc this company has been known to keep charging you even if you cancelled.
(thats why i say its a trap)

If anyone is getting Spider-Man 2 or X-Men Legends for PS2...

Best Buy is running these at $15 bucks tommorrow, use the $5 dollar off coupon and get them for 10, saving yourself 5 bucks.

[quote name='Roufuss']If anyone is getting Spider-Man 2 or X-Men Legends for PS2...

Best Buy is running these at $15 bucks tommorrow, use the $5 dollar off coupon and get them for 10, saving yourself 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the $5 off coupon only $5 off $20+ games?

[quote name='peteyrose']Isn't the $5 off coupon only $5 off $20+ games?[/QUOTE]

nope...there is no minimum for that coupon. it has done me wonders

I have X-Men Legends for XBox and it's great, I paid $20 for it, but it was like 3 months ago. But ya, the XBox version is very well done, looks good, and is easy to control. Plus, 4 player co-op kicks ass.

[quote name='dracula']its a trap, dont do it. well you can do it, but just be sure to cancel the reservation rewards membership right away so you wont get charged.

it may be a good idea to cancel the credit card as well, bc this company has been known to keep charging you even if you cancelled.
(thats why i say its a trap)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will pass then.

None of the sale prices are working on line right now..can't get the buy 3 get 1 free code to work, can't get the $54.99 gamecube refub system in my cart, it shows up at 59.99...aka: normal price.

!?!?!?!

Picked up Unreal Championship 2 in store and ordered Area 51 w/ MAT2 (Xbox) from the site, with a used copy of Ridge Racer for cheaper shipping.

...i'm never gonna pay off this visa bill

Thanks for the update! Picked up Unreal Championship 2 first thing yesterday.

I now wish I could go 3rd person in EVERY FPS game. It is SOOOOO nice for the situational awareness, among other things. Wonderful, GREAT game. Only multiplayer FPS on the boxy that competes with Halo 2 IMO. Hell, this thing could could compete with PC FPS'!

PPB3G1 (buy 3 used, get 1 free) is now active.
It will stack with your Edge card, but thats it (no CAG15 or SAVER).

I went to EB today to use my $20 gift voucher from HSG Fore to buy Unreal Championship 2. Well, I didn't see any display copies on the shelf so I ask the sales guy if they had any. Without looking at his computer, he goes straight to the back room and returns with a display copy and starts ringing it up. I ask him if it's the last copy. He checks the computer and says no it's not the last copy and asks if there is a problem. :bomb: I tell him I want a sealed copy. He grabs a sealed copy and rings it up. :applause:

[quote name='CheapyD']PPB3G1 (buy 3 used, get 1 free) is now active.
It will stack with your Edge card, but thats it (no CAG15 or SAVER).[/QUOTE]

So what's the better deal?

PPB3G1 with EDGE
OR
CAG16/EDGE/SAVER

Without actually crunching the numbers, I'm guessing the latter???

It was $5 bucks more by using Cag/edge/saver, but then you factor in shipping and handling......Cag15/edge/saver is the way to go.

[quote name='sabin23']So what's the better deal?

PPB3G1 with EDGE
OR
CAG16/EDGE/SAVER

Without actually crunching the numbers, I'm guessing the latter???[/QUOTE]

It's close, but you're right.

Say you buy 4 $20 games:

With the first scenario: 3 * $20 = $60 + $1.99 shipping = $61.99 for 4 games

Second scenario: 4 * $20 = $80 * 75% (with coupons) = $60 free shipping for 4 games

bread's done
Back