EB Games New Deals October Sale Part 2 10/14/05 - 10/30/05

tenzor

CAGiversary!
Link to Online Sale

*Receive 25% trade in Credit when you trade 3 or more different PS2, XBOX, GC, PSP, DS, GBA games NO EXCLUSIONS, limit 9 games per customer

Receive 50% off all Pre-Played SNES, NES, DREAMCAST, N8Bit, Sega Gen games

*Receive 10.00 extra trade in credit for your working PS2, XBOX, PSP, GBA SP systems
*Buy 3 Pre-Played Music CDs or PC Games and get 2 FREE

*Receive an Extra 30% trade in credit when you trade in 3 or more different DVD movies

*Receive an Extra 25% trade in credit when you trade in PSP/DS/GC/PS2/XB/GBA/DVD games/movies towards the pre order of GTA Liberty Stories PSP No Exclusions

*Receive an Extra 10% trade in credit when you trade in PSP/DS/GC/PS2/XB/GBA/DVD games/movies towards the pre order of any XBOX 360 game. Expires November 21, 2005. No Exclusions

XBOX

*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Halo 2
*Goldeneye Rogue Agent $14.99
*LOTR Third Age $14.99
*NFS Underground $14.99
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Ultimate Spiderman
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase X-Men Legends II
*Jade Empire $19.99
*Psychonauts $29.99
*Advent Rising $29.99

*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Flatout
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Hulk Ultimate Destruction
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase GTA San Andreas
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase DOOM 3
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase DOOM 3 Collectors Edition
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase DOOM 3 Expansion
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase NBA 2K6
*5.00 off instantly on purchase of Breeders Cup or Ford Mustang
*Receive a $20.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Halo 2 Headset

PS2
*Gran Turismo 4 For Free when you trade 3 Qualifying GC/PS2/XB Games
*Golden Eye Rogue Agent $14.99
*NFS Underground $14.99
*LOTR Third Age $14.99
*Psychonauts $29.99
*5.00 off instantly on purchase of Breeders Cup or Ford Mustang
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Flatout
*Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater $19.99
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase NBA 2K6

2 For $30 on Select GH Titles
-Killzone, Syphon Filter, ATV 2, ATV 3, Hot Shots Fore, JakIII, Ratchet Clank GC, Ratchent & Clank UYA, Sly 2, Sly 1

PC
*World of Warcraft $29.99
*Half Life 2 $19.99 after a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher

*Counterstrike Condition Zero $19.99 after a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher
*DOOM 3 $14.99
*DOOM 3 Expansion $14.99

*Receive a $15.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Everquest II & Everquest II Expansion

GC
*Save $10.00 Instantly when you buy a Gamecube and 2 Player Choice Games
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when your purcahse Harvest Moon 2
*Golden Eye Rogue Agent $14.99
*NFS Underground $14.99
*LOTR Third Age $14.99

PSP
THUG $29.99 after $10.00 Gift Voucher
Spiderman 2 $29.99 after $10.00 Gift Voucher
World Championship Poker $29.99 after $10.00 Gift Voucher

DS
*Save $10.00 Instantly when you purchase a Nintendo DS System and a DS game $29.99 or higher

*Buy 1 Save $5.00 Buy 2 Save $15.00 (savings in form of EB Gift Voucher)
-Ultimate Spiderman
-Whac a Mole
-YuGi Oh Destiny

GBA
*Receive a $15.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase any 2 of the following games
-Disney Cinderella
-Chicken Little
-Herbie Fully Loaded
-Kim possible 3
-Lizzie McGuire 3
-Nightmare before Xmas
-Thats so Raven

*Buy 1 Save $5.00 Buy 2 Save $15.00 (savings in form of EB Gift Voucher)
-Crash and Spyro Super Pack
-Kingdom Hearts
-Ultimate Spiderman
-Whac a Mole
-YuGi Oh Destiny

OTHER
*Recieve a $5.00 EB Games Mail in Voucher when you purchase X-Men Legends2 or Ultimate Spiderman Guide Book
*Ignition Dance Pad $79.99 (reg price $99.99)

Link to Online Sale

50% off nes, snes, etc...online? or will we not know till just before? last time I know they didn't but my ebs don't carry any old school stuff

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Can't wait till Friday--I'll probably pick up another few copies of GT4 to help my Xbox 360 fund :)[/QUOTE]

I can't wait until Friday when I get these puzzled looks from EB employees that have no idea what I'm talking about and no idea on how to complete the trade in deal (ie. Tiger Woods 2006).

Wow, Psychonauts finally dropping in price. And NBA 2K6 with a $10 gift voucher, meaning I could buy NBA 2K6 and Psychonatus for only $60! Not too shabby, not too shabby at all.

So wait, I could trade in Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and MGS3, and get GT4 for free? Could I then take it to Wal Mart, say I lost my receipt, and get the full price refund? Is this standard operating precedure around here?

[quote name='alive741']Does it really matter what GT4 gets anywhere else? Can't you just cancel it/return it/whatever to get $49.99 credit at EB?

I've done it with preorders (NBA Live, Nascar, Suffering) I'm assuming "qualifying games" would mean PO, not POX.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and there is a POX list thread in deal discussion . . .

This is a YMMV situation. Some have reported that when they went to return the game (happened to me at one store) they would only give them the pre-deal values.

When the GT4 was active, they valued the game at $34.99 (it was selling for $39.99) . . . despite what the receipt said, I got back $39.99 for the 3 copies I returned. $120 for 9 $5 games . . . not a bad return.

I'll likely do it twice this time around.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Wow, Psychonauts finally dropping in price. And NBA 2K6 with a $10 gift voucher, meaning I could buy NBA 2K6 and Psychonatus for only $60! Not too shabby, not too shabby at all.

So wait, I could trade in Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and MGS3, and get GT4 for free? Could I then take it to Wal Mart, say I lost my receipt, and get the full price refund? Is this standard operating precedure around here?[/QUOTE]

No I think most CAGs draw the line at "returning" things at stores where they weren't purchased—semantitically different from "flipping" and "taking advantage of stupid-ass EB/GS/BB/GR trade-in deals".

Plus, I hear most of the big retail chains aren't giving refunds for receipt-less games.

[quote name='dfg']No I think most CAGs draw the line at "returning" things at stores where they weren't purchased—semantitically different from "flipping" and "taking advantage of stupid-ass EB/GS/BB/GR trade-in deals".

Plus, I hear most of the big retail chains aren't giving refunds for receipt-less games.[/QUOTE]

I could give the game to my mom, and she could make a big enough fuss at Wal Mart (she has no self respect), that Wal Mart would give her $49.99 back. And how would the "flipping" method work? If I tried returning it for full price, I would have to show them the receipt saying I got it for free by trading in 3 games, wouldn't the EB employee just laugh at me and say "yeah right"?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']And how would the "flipping" method work? If I tried returning it for full price, I would have to show them the receipt saying I got it for free by trading in 3 games, wouldn't the EB employee just laugh at me and say "yeah right"?[/QUOTE]

*shrugs* There are several other posters here I've seen that appear to have mastered the art of flipping. Perhaps they'd care to comment.

Wow, you mentioned your mom had no self respect. That's a terrible thing to say about your mom! :sad:

[quote name='aoLat']Wow, you mentioned your mom had no self respect. That's a terrible thing to say about your mom! :sad:[/QUOTE]
Aye, tis only a joke.

*Receive 25% trade in Credit when you trade 3 or more different PS2, XBOX, GC, PSP, DS, GBA games NO EXCLUSIONS, limit 9 games per customer

*Receive an Extra 25% trade in credit when you trade in PSP/DS/GC/PS2/XB/GBA/DVD games/movies towards the pre order of GTA Liberty Stories PSP No Exclusions

Are these stackable?
If so, I may head out this weekend and dig in on this deal.

I'm waiting for the good ol' $19.99 price tag for Psychonauts so I can get it for $15 at BB after GGC. :D

[quote name='tenzor']*Receive 10.00 extra trade in credit for your working PS2, XBOX, PSP, GBA SP systems[/QUOTE]

Since I don't see the extra $10.00 trade in for hardware credit listed anywhere in the flyer, does this mean that they'd pay $35 ($25 plus the extra $10) for working GBA SP?

If so, that would cover almost half the price of the new backlit version. Not bad...

I can't remember the last time I paid more than $20 for a game. Psychonaughts will be no exception. I've got plenty of games to hold me over.

If you request a Gift Receipt when trading in for GT4, will there be any evidence of the trade-in on it? Just wondering, since that may make it easier to return without any problems.

The last time I did the trade in deal was for Midnite Club III (traded it in Forza Motorsport) a couple of months ago, and at that time, the gift receipt didn't have any evidence of the trade in. I just usually waited a day or two and then traded back the pre-orderd game at a different EB Games store along the gift receipt for something else.

Thanks for reminding... I'm hitting a 'strip mall' EB in the morning that has a huge qty. of SNES games - what should I get? Thinking anything 'Mario' or 'Final Fantasy'... some of the more expensive ones that I didn't have the $$ for before...

I'm hitting up EB on tuesday to trade in my bad PS2 for credit towards a Slim PSTwo... and maybe even put money on GTA:LCS if some games traded in are worth it.

I'm going tomorrow to try and get GT4. I got an a copy of FFX, GITS: SAC, and Jampack Vol. 10. I hope these work, I didn't see them on that excluded list. I would love to get some more stuff, but I'm low on cash at the moment.

The EBgames web site does show the GT4 deal today... and you get it for $39.99 (not the reduced price of $34.99 like last time). Limit 1 per customer :) and while supplies last.

[quote name='erehwon']I'm going tomorrow to try and get GT4. I got an a copy of FFX, GITS: SAC, and Jampack Vol. 10. I hope these work, I didn't see them on that excluded list. I would love to get some more stuff, but I'm low on cash at the moment.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt the Jampack will work...I don't think any demo has ever worked. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well this might be the time I actually get rid of my GBA SP and 8 games for a new PSP. Finally I can enjoy Winning Eleven 9!!!!

25% for trading in games damn I knew I should have got in on that trade 5 games get $5 extra on each game. This is a kind of good deal also with the no exclusions but I won't have enough to get an Xbox 360, which I found out just a minute ago is sold out of preorders.

Sneaky . . . they raised the price of regular Doom 3 (was $20 last week) to $30 . . . so, its $20 net after voucher (same as Collectors).

Just completed the GT4 trade at EB games.
Medal of Honor: Frontline ($2 brought up to $13.33)
Bad Boys ($3 brought up to $13.33)
Midway Arcade Treasures 1 ($2 brought up to $13.33)

FREE GT4.

Got MOH at GameStop (Pre-Owned) for $4 and Bad Boys and MAT1 at Best Buy for $5.

Got a gift receipt too. But at the top of the gift receipt it says "Pre-Played". I wonder if this identifies the item as being part of a Pre-owned deal???

[quote name='schultzed']Sneaky . . . they raised the price of regular Doom 3 (was $20 last week) to $30 . . . so, its $20 net after voucher (same as Collectors).[/QUOTE]

It was only $20 for two days. Special sale not meant to be a permanent price drop.

WTF...I went to EB just a minute ago, and the dude working there seemed to have absolutely no clue about the GT4 deal...three used games, free GT4?

I tried having him scan the games anyway to see if anything comes up...nothing.

Anybody know what might be up with that? Is the deal for EBgames, not EB? Is there any difference? Arrgh.

I just did the deal and it was no problem... in fact, they had a 3 page flier with all the deals (as mentioned in the OP) on the counter. And from what I have been told, EB Games and EBX are the same.

Did the GT4 deal (3 times) the deal is listed on the sale flyer and was posted in the PS2 games section. It was also automatic in the system.

Traded in: w normal tradein values (without the increase)
MidwayAT 1 Xbox 2.00
Rocky PS2 1.50
Ninja Gaiden 5.00
MaxPay 2 PS2 1.00
StrikeFBowl PS2 1.00
True Crime GC 3.00
Scrapland 1.50
Driv3r xbox 2.00
Bad Boys PS2 3.00

Normal tradein value $20 . . . got: $120 worth of games that are going back on Monday ;-).

My out of pocket . . . $22 in cash . . . $17.50 in EB credit and Ninja Gaiden doesn't count.

I got Ninja Gaiden on a tradein deal on release 5 games in but also got a $10 voucher . . . anyway, I just order NG Black for $20 PO from EB.com . . . so, I spent $7 in EB credit to trade up to Black.

Plus, it had taken awhile to pick up my last Ndogs from the GBA tradein deal . . . I returned it today and got back $35 instead of $30 (apparently they raised the price).

Man, I will miss EB when GS takes over.

[quote name='cheapfrag']I just did the deal and it was no problem... in fact, they had a 3 page flier with all the deals (as mentioned in the OP) on the counter. And from what I have been told, EB Games and EBX are the same.[/QUOTE]

Totally freakin' bizarre. Well, myself and a friend are gonna get dinner and hopefully swing by a different store (there's, like, 90 in Nashville); hopefully that one will be up with the rest of the happenings on planet Earth.

Hopefully someone will console me so I'm not depressed all night....

The good news: FF: Mystic Quest, Zelda: Link to the Past, FF2 for a total of $15.

The bad news: Due to a combination of not planning on spending too much money and the clerk being incredibly generous, I declined Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger for a total of $35. He offered to show me his stash in the cabinet, which also included FF3 (which I have as mint as it can be after purchasing it ten years ago or whenever it came out). He breathed a sigh of relief when I passed, but I kicked myself the entire walk home. Though my fiancee was happy I didn't buy them...

Just picked up GT4 earlier today. Used Fodder from the B2G1F Green tag at TRU

Trivial Pursuit $2.00 Credit
Tomb Raider AOD $1.00 Credit
Midway Arcarde 2 $5.00 Credit (The copy had promo on the front. One of the .99 from TRU)

Does everyone else who did the GT4 deal have "Pre-Played" at the top left of the Gift Receipt? I wonder if this will hamper returning it for credit...

Traded the following games in for GT4 today.

Cat in the Hat PS2
Cabellas Deer Hunt 2004 XB
Tomb Raider AOD PS2

Whoo Hoo!

does anyone know if i can get 50% off DC games online too? i just pulled the trigger on CVS1 but if i can get it for 7 id be happy

If that was for Midnight Club 3 I'd be all over it....but alas, tis' for Gran Turismo. Thanks for posting the deals though.

bread's done
Back