EB Games New Deals October Sale Part 2 10/14/05 - 10/30/05

tenzor

CAGiversary!
Link to Online Sale

*Receive 25% trade in Credit when you trade 3 or more different PS2, XBOX, GC, PSP, DS, GBA games NO EXCLUSIONS, limit 9 games per customer

Receive 50% off all Pre-Played SNES, NES, DREAMCAST, N8Bit, Sega Gen games

*Receive 10.00 extra trade in credit for your working PS2, XBOX, PSP, GBA SP systems
*Buy 3 Pre-Played Music CDs or PC Games and get 2 FREE

*Receive an Extra 30% trade in credit when you trade in 3 or more different DVD movies

*Receive an Extra 25% trade in credit when you trade in PSP/DS/GC/PS2/XB/GBA/DVD games/movies towards the pre order of GTA Liberty Stories PSP No Exclusions

*Receive an Extra 10% trade in credit when you trade in PSP/DS/GC/PS2/XB/GBA/DVD games/movies towards the pre order of any XBOX 360 game. Expires November 21, 2005. No Exclusions

XBOX

*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Halo 2
*Goldeneye Rogue Agent $14.99
*LOTR Third Age $14.99
*NFS Underground $14.99
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Ultimate Spiderman
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase X-Men Legends II
*Jade Empire $19.99
*Psychonauts $29.99
*Advent Rising $29.99

*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Flatout
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Hulk Ultimate Destruction
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase GTA San Andreas
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase DOOM 3
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase DOOM 3 Collectors Edition
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase DOOM 3 Expansion
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase NBA 2K6
*5.00 off instantly on purchase of Breeders Cup or Ford Mustang
*Receive a $20.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Halo 2 Headset

PS2
*Gran Turismo 4 For Free when you trade 3 Qualifying GC/PS2/XB Games
*Golden Eye Rogue Agent $14.99
*NFS Underground $14.99
*LOTR Third Age $14.99
*Psychonauts $29.99
*5.00 off instantly on purchase of Breeders Cup or Ford Mustang
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Flatout
*Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater $19.99
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase NBA 2K6

2 For $30 on Select GH Titles
-Killzone, Syphon Filter, ATV 2, ATV 3, Hot Shots Fore, JakIII, Ratchet Clank GC, Ratchent & Clank UYA, Sly 2, Sly 1

PC
*World of Warcraft $29.99
*Half Life 2 $19.99 after a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher

*Counterstrike Condition Zero $19.99 after a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher
*DOOM 3 $14.99
*DOOM 3 Expansion $14.99

*Receive a $15.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Everquest II & Everquest II Expansion

GC
*Save $10.00 Instantly when you buy a Gamecube and 2 Player Choice Games
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when your purcahse Harvest Moon 2
*Golden Eye Rogue Agent $14.99
*NFS Underground $14.99
*LOTR Third Age $14.99

PSP
THUG $29.99 after $10.00 Gift Voucher
Spiderman 2 $29.99 after $10.00 Gift Voucher
World Championship Poker $29.99 after $10.00 Gift Voucher

DS
*Save $10.00 Instantly when you purchase a Nintendo DS System and a DS game $29.99 or higher

*Buy 1 Save $5.00 Buy 2 Save $15.00 (savings in form of EB Gift Voucher)
-Ultimate Spiderman
-Whac a Mole
-YuGi Oh Destiny

GBA
*Receive a $15.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase any 2 of the following games
-Disney Cinderella
-Chicken Little
-Herbie Fully Loaded
-Kim possible 3
-Lizzie McGuire 3
-Nightmare before Xmas
-Thats so Raven

*Buy 1 Save $5.00 Buy 2 Save $15.00 (savings in form of EB Gift Voucher)
-Crash and Spyro Super Pack
-Kingdom Hearts
-Ultimate Spiderman
-Whac a Mole
-YuGi Oh Destiny

OTHER
*Recieve a $5.00 EB Games Mail in Voucher when you purchase X-Men Legends2 or Ultimate Spiderman Guide Book
*Ignition Dance Pad $79.99 (reg price $99.99)

Link to Online Sale

[quote name='jetlag16']If that was for Midnight Club 3 I'd be all over it....but alas, tis' for Gran Turismo. Thanks for posting the deals though.[/QUOTE]

I'm planning on getting MC3 with the proceeds of this deal . . . when it drops in price anyway.

Now one could get MC3 for $45 PO . . . $34ish after codes online.

Ideally, would take the $40 in credit from one of these tradeins and buy God of War, MC3, and, say, RE4 for $13.50 each when they reach the $20 point. After the games are $20 new the used price is $17.99 (use codes EDGE, CAG15, SAVER to get a game like that for $13.50 plus tax shipped free).

Requires patience but that way GOW, MC3 and RE4 would cost $40 in credit which was acquired from 3 $5 games from BB . . . making the above games (through the GT4 return) $5 each of cash . . . that's cheapassness.

What to do while waiting for the drops? Play the ton of other games I have gotten through CAG deals.

Well I just returned my copy of GT4... Not only did I get $39.99 but I also got $2.40 in tax back! They gave me a gift card for the credit.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Well I just returned my copy of GT4... Not only did I get $39.99 but I also got $2.40 in tax back! [/QUOTE]

This is YMMV . . . I think in some states people pay the tax to get the game in the first place.

In Wisconsin, I also get the tax I never paid back . . . pretty cool.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']does it matter if the trade in games for GT4 are disc only? someone must know[/QUOTE]

YMMV. some eb will not take them at all, some will do it if half the games you trade in are complete half are disc only, some dont care at all.

[quote name='crazynater']Does anyone know if the classic games 50% off is in-store or online only? I don't see it in their instore ad that is posted online.[/QUOTE]

im still wondering the same thing

[quote name='crazynater']Does anyone know if the classic games 50% off is in-store or online only? I don't see it in their instore ad that is posted online.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that it is in-store, but not sure about online. However while working today at EB we got this e-mail from corporate

EBgames is NO longer going to be taking in trade ins on SNES, NES, PC GAMES, NGAGE Games, and Dreamcast Games effective Monday October 17, 2005. That is why they are having these crazy sales on those systems. (N-Gage clearance a while ago), and the Music Cds/PC games buy 3 get 2 free deal going on currently.

I just got back from EB, the 50% off classic games seems to be in store only. The sale is in the coupon ad and not the usual sale ad that can be seen online. So i picked up:

NES - Knight Rider - $1.00
NES - Low G Man - $1.00
SNES - Indiana Jones Greatest Adventure (in box with instruction manual) - $3.00
SNES - Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble - $9.00

The manager said that they are getting rid of all systems prior to the Playstation because they are getting prepared for the upcoming merger with Gamestop at the end of the year. Thats why we are seeing the clearance in the old stuff.

Also, the manager told me to keep on the lookout for an upcoming PC game sale because becuase Gamestop doesn't stock PC games. I'm pretty sure he meant used PC games, but you never know.

[quote name='tenzor']I can confirm that it is in-store, but not sure about online. However while working today at EB we got this e-mail from corporate

EBgames is NO longer going to be taking in trade ins on SNES, NES, PC GAMES, NGAGE Games, and Dreamcast Games effective Monday October 17, 2005. That is why they are having these crazy sales on those systems. (N-Gage clearance a while ago), and the Music Cds/PC games buy 3 get 2 free deal going on currently.[/QUOTE]
fuck... I guess I'm going tomorrow and looting the employee's stash for SoM and Chrono Trigger. Since they'll never become available that way again. $35 for the pair will never be beaten on eBay.

That blows, I loved being able to get old stuff from them. Looks like ill be hitting up the local stores tommorow

i went to my eb games today and traded in a few games and got gt 4. There version of a "new" game is an opened case (ripped seal, but still there) that has a manual and cd sealed in a plastic bag inside the case. Is this normal?

oh yeah, and my eb didnt even know about the gt 4 thing. I asked them about it and the guy said he never heard of it and they arent offering that sale. I figured id just get the 25% extra on the trade in value of the games, so the guy starts to scan them. Then, i look down and there's a flyer that has the deal right on the front page. So i show the guy and end up with the game and $7.50 on my edge card.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Well I just returned my copy of GT4... Not only did I get $39.99 but I also got $2.40 in tax back! They gave me a gift card for the credit.[/QUOTE]

You got GT4 for free with the 3 trade in deal, right?

And you just returned it with the receipt, the receipt saying that you got it by trading 3 games in? Yet, you still got $40 value?

[quote name='jawman311']i went to my eb games today and traded in a few games and got gt 4. There version of a "new" game is an opened case (ripped seal, but still there) that has a manual and cd sealed in a plastic bag inside the case. Is this normal?

oh yeah, and my eb didnt even know about the gt 4 thing. I asked them about it and the guy said he never heard of it and they arent offering that sale. I figured id just get the 25% extra on the trade in value of the games, so the guy starts to scan them. Then, i look down and there's a flyer that has the deal right on the front page. So i show the guy and end up with the game and $7.50 on my edge card.[/QUOTE]

They tried to hand me a used copy for the deal the other day. I had to ask for a new copy. The deal is for $39.99 in credit the same price as a new copy. The used copy is 34.99. If they were willing to give me the $5 credit difference I might have taken the used copy...

[quote name='crazynater']Also, the manager told me to keep on the lookout for an upcoming PC game sale because becuase Gamestop doesn't stock PC games. I'm pretty sure he meant used PC games, but you never know.[/QUOTE]

A kick ass PC game sale at EB Games would be great... I'm building up credit and there's a lot of PC games coming out this fall that I would love... Civ 4, AOE 3, Quake, CoD 2 and of course Battlefield 2 which I haven't picked up yet.

[quote name='shadow9689']You got GT4 for free with the 3 trade in deal, right?

And you just returned it with the receipt, the receipt saying that you got it by trading 3 games in? Yet, you still got $40 value?[/QUOTE]

No, I used the Gift Receipt I asked for when I did the trade... it took a while for the guy to do it and I got concerned (because of the "Pre-played" at the top of the receipt). But I got the credit!

[quote name='tenzor']I can confirm that it is in-store, but not sure about online. However while working today at EB we got this e-mail from corporate

EBgames is NO longer going to be taking in trade ins on SNES, NES, PC GAMES, NGAGE Games, and Dreamcast Games effective Monday October 17, 2005. That is why they are having these crazy sales on those systems. (N-Gage clearance a while ago), and the Music Cds/PC games buy 3 get 2 free deal going on currently.[/QUOTE]

I just found out about this earlier today while shopping for SNES games. :cry:
I'm guessing this is one of the first signs of GS influence.

Does anyone know for sure if this will mean the end of older games on EBgames.com as well? When the guy(the manager) told me the bad news I asked if it would effect the website and he said he didn't think so.

[quote name='cheapfrag']No, I used the Gift Receipt I asked for when I did the trade... it took a while for the guy to do it and I got concerned (because of the "Pre-played" at the top of the receipt). But I got the credit![/QUOTE]
Crap, I don't have a gift receipt

In store if you can find one that sells them. Most of the EB's I went to said that the older games go straight to EB.com - they do not sell them in the store.

Already posted in deal discussion, but to follow-up, I went back (the same employee was working, so I didn't feel as bad), picked up Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana for $20 each. Thanks for the heads up, Tenzor, I scored big.

YMMV on EBs taking in used games. Mine isn't, would have been nice to get rid of some of this junk. Anyone want a used Cal Ripken Baseball for SNES?

[quote name='botticus']Already posted in deal discussion, but to follow-up, I went back (the same employee was working, so I didn't feel as bad), picked up Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana for $20 each. Thanks for the heads up, Tenzor, I scored big.[/QUOTE]
atta boy

on a side not i picked up Giga Wing for DC today, mint, for the low price of 4.99

[quote name='shadow9689']EB gift card - can you use it online?
And the Edge card, credit can it be used online?[/QUOTE]

YMMV . . . Gift Cards can be used online if they have a PIN number on them. I got an online capable one at my local store but they don't seem to have them anymore. My Edge doesn't have a PIN number for online use, but others have said they have one.

You should be able to get one, but you definitely have to ask about it.

[quote name='schultzed']YMMV . . . Gift Cards can be used online if they have a PIN number on them. I got an online capable one at my local store but they don't seem to have them anymore. My Edge doesn't have a PIN number for online use, but others have said they have one.

You should be able to get one, but you definitely have to ask about it.[/QUOTE]
Pin number, gotcha.
Shipping costs though, right?

Anyone know what the trade-in price for an Xbox system is? I see that there is a $10 bonus right now, but wasn't sure what the final price was. Thanks.

Got some pretty good games today.

Little Nemo: $1.99
Super Off Road: $1.99
Super Star Wars: $2.99
Breath of Fire: $2.99

Also found a Nintendo brand rumble pack for $.99, been looking for one for a while, it even came with batteries.

[quote name='Rand3000']Anyone know what the trade-in price for an Xbox system is? I see that there is a $10 bonus right now, but wasn't sure what the final price was. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's $70.

[quote name='shadow9689']Crap, I don't have a gift receipt[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my EB employees couldn't figure out how to print a gift receipt.... ugh.

The 50% is taken off at the register, so for instance Astyanax was marked $1.99, but they then reduced it to $.99. Also a bunch of games come up different then they are marked, like Little Nemo was marked $5.99, but was only $3.99, and then was reduced to $1.99.

[quote name='hinkbert']The 50% is taken off at the register, so for instance Astyanax was marked $1.99, but they then reduced it to $.99. Also a bunch of games come up different then they are marked, like Little Nemo was marked $5.99, but was only $3.99, and then was reduced to $1.99.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately it doesn't stack with Edge, though we tried it a few different ways. Ah well.

[quote name='shadow9689']Pin number, gotcha.
Shipping costs though, right?[/QUOTE]

Well, you can get free shipping on all used games. Just put SAVER code in your shopping cart. You also get 15% off used with CAG15 code. If you have an Edge card ($5 per year), you also get 10% off with your EDGE #. 25% off and free shipping means I use my ill-gotten store credit online!

The free shipping includes all items in the order . . . so, most of us will add a cheap used game (SNES, GEN, PS1, N64) to get "free" shipping on our new stuff.

Otherwise, budget shipping is $2.

This was asked earlier in the thread but not answered, afaik; what is the price for a Game Boy SP trade-in before the $10 bonus?

Need to head that way and trade in some movies + games + GBA for a DS

[quote name='BarrettSan']This was asked earlier in the thread but not answered, afaik; what is the price for a Game Boy SP trade-in before the $10 bonus?

Need to head that way and trade in some movies + games + GBA for a DS[/QUOTE]

I kinda looking for a GBA SP and would "pay" EB credit for it . . . what are they offering for it? Maybe I could beat their offer.

Although I should wait for the brighter screen ones or the mini . . .

EB is offering $40 for the GBA SP after the $10 bonus.

[quote name='schultzed']
Well, you can get free shipping on all used games. Just put SAVER code in your shopping cart. You also get 15% off used with CAG15 code. If you have an Edge card ($5 per year), you also get 10% off with your EDGE #. 25% off and free shipping means I use my ill-gotten store credit online!

The free shipping includes all items in the order . . . so, most of us will add a cheap used game (SNES, GEN, PS1, N64) to get "free" shipping on our new stuff.

Otherwise, budget shipping is $2.[/quote]
I need to go get an Edge card sometime...
I only got credit on an Edge card, but no sticker on the back signifying no membership for $5 paid.

BTW, does the 25% off apply to new games? Or only to pre-owned games?
EDIT: Checked it out, $30 pre-owned game would turn out to be $22.50 after discounts, and with free shipping o_O

And the crowd goes mild... Really, I didn't find anything. At least last time I found something. I guess you can't have something for everyone.

[quote name='shadow9689']EB is offering $40 for the GBA SP after the $10 bonus.

I need to go get an Edge card sometime...
I only got credit on an Edge card, but no sticker on the back signifying no membership for $5 paid.

BTW, does the 25% off apply to new games? Or only to pre-owned games?
EDIT: Checked it out, $30 pre-owned game would turn out to be $22.50 after discounts, and with free shipping o_O[/QUOTE]

$40 isn't bad for an old SP.

Buying games with the 25% off using store credit is a cheap way to get games.

I always figure that my store credit costs less than half its value. Say, $5 spent for every $10 in credit.

It goes something like this: I was tempted to buy Ninja Gaiden Black for $30 when it came out, but by waiting a few weeks they had it online for $26.95 . . . after 25% off it was $20.24 plus tax. $20 in EB credit is like $10 out of pocket.

The game arrived complete but with some light scuffs on the disc . . . I was able to swap it instore for a minty used one.

What's the deal with the Halo 2 headset? I find it online for 39.99 with the puck, but it doesn't say anything about a voucher.

[quote name='schultzed']$40 isn't bad for an old SP.

Buying games with the 25% off using store credit is a cheap way to get games.

I always figure that my store credit costs less than half its value. Say, $5 spent for every $10 in credit.

It goes something like this: I was tempted to buy Ninja Gaiden Black for $30 when it came out, but by waiting a few weeks they had it online for $26.95 . . . after 25% off it was $20.24 plus tax. $20 in EB credit is like $10 out of pocket.

The game arrived complete but with some light scuffs on the disc . . . I was able to swap it instore for a minty used one.[/QUOTE]
Sweet.
I'm gonna try and cash in on this when there are some cheap DS games on sale, pre-owned. Got to remember to buy an Edge membership. I have $110 in credit to EB games :p

EDIT: Wait, let's say I had a new game in my cart with a pre-played game.
Can I use the 25% and free shipping on both games in my cart?

[quote name='shadow9689']Sweet.
EDIT: Wait, let's say I had a new game in my cart with a pre-played game.
Can I use the 25% and free shipping on both games in my cart?[/QUOTE]

The free shipping will span the order. However, the 25% off will only work on the pre-played game. You'll pay full price on the new game and 75% on the used game.

bread's done
Back