EB Games New Deals October Sale Part 2 10/14/05 - 10/30/05

tenzor

CAGiversary!
Link to Online Sale

*Receive 25% trade in Credit when you trade 3 or more different PS2, XBOX, GC, PSP, DS, GBA games NO EXCLUSIONS, limit 9 games per customer

Receive 50% off all Pre-Played SNES, NES, DREAMCAST, N8Bit, Sega Gen games

*Receive 10.00 extra trade in credit for your working PS2, XBOX, PSP, GBA SP systems
*Buy 3 Pre-Played Music CDs or PC Games and get 2 FREE

*Receive an Extra 30% trade in credit when you trade in 3 or more different DVD movies

*Receive an Extra 25% trade in credit when you trade in PSP/DS/GC/PS2/XB/GBA/DVD games/movies towards the pre order of GTA Liberty Stories PSP No Exclusions

*Receive an Extra 10% trade in credit when you trade in PSP/DS/GC/PS2/XB/GBA/DVD games/movies towards the pre order of any XBOX 360 game. Expires November 21, 2005. No Exclusions

XBOX

*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Halo 2
*Goldeneye Rogue Agent $14.99
*LOTR Third Age $14.99
*NFS Underground $14.99
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Ultimate Spiderman
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase X-Men Legends II
*Jade Empire $19.99
*Psychonauts $29.99
*Advent Rising $29.99

*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Flatout
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Hulk Ultimate Destruction
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase GTA San Andreas
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase DOOM 3
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase DOOM 3 Collectors Edition
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase DOOM 3 Expansion
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase NBA 2K6
*5.00 off instantly on purchase of Breeders Cup or Ford Mustang
*Receive a $20.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Halo 2 Headset

PS2
*Gran Turismo 4 For Free when you trade 3 Qualifying GC/PS2/XB Games
*Golden Eye Rogue Agent $14.99
*NFS Underground $14.99
*LOTR Third Age $14.99
*Psychonauts $29.99
*5.00 off instantly on purchase of Breeders Cup or Ford Mustang
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Flatout
*Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater $19.99
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase NBA 2K6

2 For $30 on Select GH Titles
-Killzone, Syphon Filter, ATV 2, ATV 3, Hot Shots Fore, JakIII, Ratchet Clank GC, Ratchent & Clank UYA, Sly 2, Sly 1

PC
*World of Warcraft $29.99
*Half Life 2 $19.99 after a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher

*Counterstrike Condition Zero $19.99 after a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher
*DOOM 3 $14.99
*DOOM 3 Expansion $14.99

*Receive a $15.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase Everquest II & Everquest II Expansion

GC
*Save $10.00 Instantly when you buy a Gamecube and 2 Player Choice Games
*Receive a $10.00 EB Gift Voucher when your purcahse Harvest Moon 2
*Golden Eye Rogue Agent $14.99
*NFS Underground $14.99
*LOTR Third Age $14.99

PSP
THUG $29.99 after $10.00 Gift Voucher
Spiderman 2 $29.99 after $10.00 Gift Voucher
World Championship Poker $29.99 after $10.00 Gift Voucher

DS
*Save $10.00 Instantly when you purchase a Nintendo DS System and a DS game $29.99 or higher

*Buy 1 Save $5.00 Buy 2 Save $15.00 (savings in form of EB Gift Voucher)
-Ultimate Spiderman
-Whac a Mole
-YuGi Oh Destiny

GBA
*Receive a $15.00 EB Gift Voucher when you purchase any 2 of the following games
-Disney Cinderella
-Chicken Little
-Herbie Fully Loaded
-Kim possible 3
-Lizzie McGuire 3
-Nightmare before Xmas
-Thats so Raven

*Buy 1 Save $5.00 Buy 2 Save $15.00 (savings in form of EB Gift Voucher)
-Crash and Spyro Super Pack
-Kingdom Hearts
-Ultimate Spiderman
-Whac a Mole
-YuGi Oh Destiny

OTHER
*Recieve a $5.00 EB Games Mail in Voucher when you purchase X-Men Legends2 or Ultimate Spiderman Guide Book
*Ignition Dance Pad $79.99 (reg price $99.99)

Link to Online Sale

Thanks for the help tenzor. Those prices suck.

[quote name='tenzor']Usually a $49.99 game will get you $25.00 trade in credit
-Exceptions are for big title games (i.e. Madden 2006, Socom 3, Halo 2) those titles for the first week or 2 will get you $30.00 trade in credit

$39.99 games will get you around 17.00 trade in credit, sometimes they can even be $20.00 or $15.00, but $17 is the average.

$29.99 games get about $10.00-$12.00

$19.99 games get $5.00-$7.00

however that is just a estimate, but sometimes they can be lower due to the company having too many copies etc.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jawman311']ur a mad man ;)[/QUOTE]
I'm sure you're being sarcastic, but I'm pretty happy with my deals.

For $30.70 in cash I will have gotten $127.17 in EB credit.

Thanks to deals like $0.01 Promo version of MAT2 at TRU and $4.99 THUG2 at BB (Free after BBB). And I owe it all to CAG... I thought I was cheap before I found CAG... Now I realize that I was just an amateur.

[quote name='schultzed']Sucks, especially you being a Wisconsinite and all.

I just pick up my 7th and 8th copies of GT4 . . . I'm planning on stopping at 10.

30 games for $400 in credit . . . too bad I don't want a 360.[/QUOTE]
It's so impossible for me ;_;

[quote name='cheapfrag']I'm sure you're being sarcastic, but I'm pretty happy with my deals.

For $30.70 in cash I will have gotten $127.17 in EB credit.

Thanks to deals like $0.01 Promo version of MAT2 at TRU and $4.99 THUG2 at BB (Free after BBB). And I owe it all to CAG... I thought I was cheap before I found CAG... Now I realize that I was just an amateur.[/QUOTE]

There is nothing like the power of all of us CAGs sharing our scams . . . um, ideas. Now take that EB credit and spread it out on $5-$15 games and you will really get some great stuff from the $30 down.

Right now, EB credit is pretty much how I get my games.

All these were PO for the GT4 deal:
Midnight Club Racing II PS2
NBA Street Vol 2 PS2
Strike Force Bowling PS2
Bad Boys Miami Takedown PS2
Pro Bass PS2
Midway Arcade Treasures 2 PS2
Time Splitters 2 GC

Traded in Bad Boys, Pro Bass, and Midway Arcade Treasures 2. I only got a regular receipt showing how much I would of gotten for each game, then each game bumped up to $13.33. Would I be able to exchange this for a game of equal value with the receipt I have?

[quote name='Sway']All these were PO for the GT4 deal:
Midnight Club Racing II PS2
NBA Street Vol 2 PS2
Strike Force Bowling PS2
Bad Boys Miami Takedown PS2
Pro Bass PS2
Midway Arcade Treasures 2 PS2
Time Splitters 2 GC

Traded in Bad Boys, Pro Bass, and Midway Arcade Treasures 2. I only got a regular receipt showing how much I would of gotten for each game, then each game bumped up to $13.33. Would I be able to exchange this for a game of equal value with the receipt I have?[/QUOTE]

It's going to be tougher. I would make sure in the future you ask for a gift receipt so it just gives them the value of the game and doesn't show how you got that game. ;)

[quote name='Xenious']It's going to be tougher. I would make sure in the future you ask for a gift receipt so it just gives them the value of the game and doesn't show how you got that game. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I did another trade in for GT4 and made sure I got a gift receipt this time around.

Does anyone live in Michigan that knows if getting a copy of GT4 and then trading it back in for $39.99 credit with a gift receipt works at any EBs around Livonia/Westland/Redford area? Thanks. :D

[quote name='aoLat']Does anyone live in Michigan that knows if getting a copy of GT4 and then trading it back in for $39.99 credit with a gift receipt works at any EBs around Livonia/Westland/Redford area? Thanks. :D[/QUOTE]

On the back of the receipt:
With a gift receipt, you may receive an exchange or a gift card of equal value.

[quote name='Sway']On the back of the receipt:
With a gift receipt, you may receive an exchange or a gift card of equal value.[/QUOTE]

I returned 2 and they offered me cash back. I just wish I had started abusing this a little sooner.

Arg, I wish I would have know this method sooner...would have used GT4 to get DDR Extreme 2. Oh well, maybe this promotion will come up again soon...

[quote name='ManChowder']I returned 2 and they offered me cash back. I just wish I had started abusing this a little sooner.[/QUOTE]

Wow - that is unusual. They usually give you a gift card.

[quote name='ManChowder']I returned 2 and they offered me cash back. I just wish I had started abusing this a little sooner.[/QUOTE]

Wow, so my 30 PO games (my cost, under $150) would have netted $400 in cash!

That's alright, I actually prefer the EB credit I picked up because then I can spend it on games . . . if I had gotten cash, I would spend it on my kids or my house (or my wife would claim it :) )

[quote name='schultzed']Wow, so my 30 PO games (my cost, under $150) would have netted $400 in cash!

That's alright, I actually prefer the EB credit I picked up because then I can spend it on games . . . if I had gotten cash, I would spend it on my kids or my house (or my wife would claim it :) )[/QUOTE]

That's why you don't tell your wife what you did until you've already used the money.

As far as getting cash goes, the first time they offered me cash I just asked for shadow of the colossus instead(they didn't even take down all my info). I returned my other one for cash yesterday and used that to get a game and a wireless controller at BB with my BB-bucks.
I did this because the wife was going to kick my ass if I spent any money this week. I just traded in a game at Gamestop and got my 3 PO games there.

[quote name='ManChowder']That's why you don't tell your wife what you did until you've already used the money.

[/QUOTE]

Not bad, although with my system all these packages arrive in the mail but my wife knows that I use EB credit so she can't give me shit for the hundreds of dollars of stuff that comes.

Well, I did the deal 9 times at like 6 different EBs. I gave them some good stuff too, like sealed LOZ:WW, Suikoden IV, MGS:TS, etc etc. Anyways, I've returned 3 (got cash for one of them), gave 3 to one friend to return, gave 2 to another friend to return, and I'm going to keep the 9th one.

Is the trade-in deal for GT4 over now or what? My EB is telling me that it's done by they didn't try to do it on their system. Please let me know - I have 6 games here I was hoping to get rid of!

[quote name='rarebucky']Is the trade-in deal for GT4 over now or what? My EB is telling me that it's done by they didn't try to do it on their system. Please let me know - I have 6 games here I was hoping to get rid of![/QUOTE]

Ended yesterday (Sunday).

[quote name='rarebucky']Are there any other promotions going on right now with PO trade-ins?[/QUOTE]

While not as great in maximizing the value for your POs:

Up to $50 trade-in credit toward Zelda Twilight Princess GC Active: Now - 11/2/2005
Trade-in 1 to 5 pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $10.00 each towards the pre-purchase of ZELDA TWILIGHT PRINCESS GC. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Some exclusions may apply. See sales associate for complete details. Offer valid towards pre-purchase only.

Since the Zelda deal ends tomorrow, I'm gonna scrounge up some games tonight and do one last pre-order tomorrow. I have a feeling this is the last great trade in deal we'll see this year.

I love this deal because it's so easy to transfer the credit to another game just by complaining that it's been delayed so long.

[quote name='D. Monic']Since the Zelda deal ends tomorrow, I'm gonna scrounge up some games tonight and do one last pre-order tomorrow. I have a feeling this is the last great trade in deal we'll see this year.

I love this deal because it's so easy to transfer the credit to another game just by complaining that it's been delayed so long.[/QUOTE]

How difficult is it to do this? Wouldn't EB be able to tell from the receipt that it was a preorder deal specifically for Zelda?

[quote name='m0dem']couldnt you just go in without any receipt and say you want to transfer ur preorder on zelda onto a different game?[/QUOTE]

Yep - I got Fire Emblem this way, no problem...

[quote name='S_G']How difficult is it to do this? Wouldn't EB be able to tell from the receipt that it was a preorder deal specifically for Zelda?[/QUOTE]

I did this a bunch of times and got some new games for cheap. Unless they remember how you got the pre-order or you are foolish enough to mention it, they won't be able to tell how you got that pre-order by looking at it on their computer.

I usually just changed the pre-order a few days later when somone different was working. They never even questioned it.

bread's done
Back