EB/Gamestop...Buy 2 Get One DVD sale ON NOW! B2G2 YMMV.

briansraregames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
My local eb/gamestop source tells me that starting monday, they will no longer be giving out cash for DVDs. Also, all DVDs will also be buy 2 get 1 free starting Feb 19th with no planned end date.

It's also bee reported that some select stores are running a Buy 2 Get 2 free DVD sale (This is ymmv and depends on the volume of DVDs a particular store has in stock)

Also, Some stores are getting out of the DVD business altogether, these stores will have a black sign near the register. All of these stores in my area also happen to be the ones running the B2G2 sale, but YMMV.

Also, apparently the old 3/10 3/20 3/30 sale will be over starting 2/19.

Ugh, what crap. I love picking up the titles here because I'm getting massive savings on titles that people are just buying, watching once, then tossing into a bin.

Nothing like getting half of R.O.D. in pristine condition for less than $20...not to mention some indie flicks I wanted to pick up for less than $10 for three. Sweet times.

thats too bad, ive bought so many dvds from them for so cheap. but with a b1g1 coming up thatd be great, another chance to stock up on some tv seasons.

This is only at certain locations, not all. Most stores will continue to take DVD's in trade, for the time being.

[quote name='ukhoops']This is only at certain locations, not all. Most stores will continue to take DVD's in trade, for the time being.[/quote]

Are you positive, the guy I spoke to said that it would be national, that's why I posted it.

[quote name='briansraregames']Are you positive, the guy I spoke to said that it would be national, that's why I posted it.[/QUOTE]

I called the one my brother works at and they are still going to be taking them in.

I guess I'm going to buy some of the titles I've been eyeing these past few days, then. Well, if I can't rent them for free out of my dorm's library.

As was stated before, this is a national thing and it starts on the 19th (marketing is always put up on Mondays). As far as Gamestop/EB clearing out all DVDs, I really doubt it as it is still a profitable area from the looks of it. Most DVDs trade in for around $1-3 and even selling them 3 for $10/$20/$30, that is still a good profit. There is one thing to be aware of though and that is DVDs will no longer be taken in for cash trades. DVDs will only be traded for credit now.

And FYI, it also applies to HD-DVDs and Blu-ray discs.

2 of the Gamestops near me also are no longer taking in any DVD trade-ins. They rejected these teenagers the other day. They asked the lady that worked there about it and she told them that they would no longer be selling DVDs soon as well. Also, I noticed that they started to carry Blu-ray movies in store. Has anyone else seen this?

Bad news for the odd treasures we find from time to time (found Azu Manga complete slim pack for 12.99), but good news for the stores. That space in the store could be used far better. Nothing like clogging up shelf and bin real-estate with stuff that hardly moves.

Well in California we are not taking DVD's in for Cash anymore.

And yes we are having a buy 2 get 1 free on DVD's.

But it is YMMV on stores doing buy 2 get 2 free. It depends on if your local store doesn't sell may dvds.

I never found Gamestop good for single movies. Most of the movies there are poorly priced. Looking for the Aviator, I hit up Gamestop which had it at $9.99 used, and checked Best Buy, which had it for $9.99 new.

But for TV seasons, that's a completely different story. Some of them are like half off!

My local EB has a really small section of DVDs so I think that they may stop taking trades on DVDs. My nearest Gamestop is a Gamestop and Movies Too type of store and they have a pretty big section dedicated to DVDs so I doubt that they will stop selling them. There are some great deals to be had there.

This is NOT national. 2 stores by me have confirmed that they are still taking dvds and selling them. They said that this is only for certain stores that don't have good dvd sales.

Ok, to be clear, the SALE is National, but if a store is no longer taking DVDs, that's YMMV. My store still takes DVDs, but we don't sell them. We transfer them all to another store. The Movies Too location near me is actually dropping the Movies part, because they don't sell well in THAT specific store. BUT, they are still taking them in and selling them, just not as many.

[quote name='boarder542']I never found Gamestop good for single movies. Most of the movies there are poorly priced. Looking for the Aviator, I hit up Gamestop which had it at $9.99 used, and checked Best Buy, which had it for $9.99 new.

But for TV seasons, that's a completely different story. Some of them are like half off![/QUOTE]
Well if you buy single movies in sets of threes during their B2G1 free sale on top of the 3 $9.99 movies for $20 AND use the 10% Edge card, you get the movies for $4 each. Thats a deal! I have gotten MANY dvd's from them this way. You get to keep the movie for the price you pay to rent it elsewhere. Score!

I overheard a local manager here in NJ tlaking with a manager at another store over hte phone.

She said their materials said B2G1 on movies, and no DVD, blue ray, or HD trade-ins for CASH. Sounded like credit was still ok.

Guess we will see...

Starts tomorrow, however the old deals are over according to marketing(3 for 10, 3for 20, 3 for 30...)

So pretty much the buy 2 get 1 free kind of sucks.....

3->$5.99 movies used to be $10 now is $12
3->$9.99 movies no change really
3->$12.99 moview was $30 now $26

don't forget the edge which stacks on top of course.

we stopped taking DVD's for cash about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Just trade now.

There is a new sign in marketing this week that goes on the counter letting customers know that we no longer take DVD's/Blu-Ray/Hd-DVD in trade for cash, but credit is fine.

Indoor Mall locations may not take them in but all standalone stores still will be (atleast in my area). Great place to buy DVDs and Boxsets that were freshly stolen hours before for half the price.

All movies are B2G1 free now. I asked one of the associates if it would ever be combined with a B2G1 on all used products, like buying two movies, getting one free for them being movies, and getting another free for them being used. He said it was possible as far as he knew. Does anyone know if this is accepted?

[quote name='floatingaccount']Starts tomorrow, however the old deals are over according to marketing(3 for 10, 3for 20, 3 for 30...)

So pretty much the buy 2 get 1 free kind of sucks.....

3->$5.99 movies used to be $10 now is $12
3->$9.99 movies no change really
3->$12.99 moview was $30 now $26

don't forget the edge which stacks on top of course.

we stopped taking DVD's for cash about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Just trade now.

There is a new sign in marketing this week that goes on the counter letting customers know that we no longer take DVD's/Blu-Ray/Hd-DVD in trade for cash, but credit is fine.[/QUOTE]

Well it is good on like box sets as an everyday deal, as there was no deal before, picked up several season box sets today. The 3 for 10 change is kind of sad though as I barely considerd 5.99 a regular price on those anymore.

Many Gamestops/EB games had B2G2 instead of B2G1... real good deals....

got Simpsons 1-8 for $70ish

got South Park 1-8 for $90ish

Nip/tuck 1-2 and Buffy 1-2 for $45ish

OC 1-2 / ER 1-2 / One Tree Hill 3-4 / Smallville 1-2 $90ish

Dukes of hazzard 1-2 and Viva La Bam 4-5 and Sealab 2021 for $20ish

also Man show, Family Guy, Pimp my Ride, S.W.A.T. , Desperate housewives and a bunch of other $12 and $9.99ers

not to mention the numerous single movies for $2.60 ....

spent like $400 lol.... :bomb: o well.... too good of a deal.

If you don't know where to find the stores with the B2G2 deal, just call ANY store and ask.... they should have a complete list.

Btw, in case you were wondering, I have a 50" plasma with surround sound and don't have cable. Ironic? I think not.....;) I love my TV on DVD.

[quote name='opiv22']confirming b2g2@the anaheim store in california, any other confirmations within socal?[/QUOTE]

Yes, check out the EB in Huntington Beach @ Beach and Talbert. There's also a Gamestop in Long Beach @ E. Spring St. & Los Coyotes Ave off the 405 running the sale.

[quote name='HERETOSTAY']Has anyone been able to find Blu-ray and HD DVD discs at a decent price during this deal?[/QUOTE]
Is $6 a piece decent? I picked up about 8 titles during the weekend in anticipation of this sale. Took them all to a store with the B2G2 Free promo for a return/rebuy. Was able to stack the deal with the GI 10% coupon + 10% Edge card. Came out to about $24 per 4. Wish I could find more stores with hi-def discs.

wait so are blu-rays part of this deal? Cause I asked and they said no but it seemed like they had no idea. If they ring them up will it just automatically ring up 2 for free if I buy 4?

I got about 12 $5.99 dvds for $33. Traded them in for 6 $15 used dvds at FYE 100 feet from the EB. Very effortless profit.

My EB also had coupons for 50% off any dvd under $11.99 @ Moviestop.

[quote name='Bezerker']I got about 12 $5.99 dvds for $33. Traded them in for 6 $15 used dvds at FYE 100 feet from the EB. Very effortless profit.

My EB also had coupons for 50% off any dvd under $11.99 @ Moviestop.[/QUOTE]

I also saw your post on DVDtalk. So, your FYE is still doing the Trade 2 get a $14.99? None of my FYE or FYE connected stores here are doing the sale. Does your FYE have any flyers or anything with the trade 2 get 1 for $14.99 listed?

[quote name='hotwls13']I also saw your post on DVDtalk. So, your FYE is still doing the Trade 2 get a $14.99? None of my FYE or FYE connected stores here are doing the sale. Does your FYE have any flyers or anything with the trade 2 get 1 for $14.99 listed?[/quote]
Its supposed to be going on at all Transworld owned stores (Fye, Suncoast, Sam Goody, Strawberries, Coconuts, Wherehouse, etc) til 2/28. No flyers, but they have plenty of signage (one on each row of dvds). I'm going to go to FYE/Suncoast at a different mall tomorrow, so i can see if they have any flyers (or if they'll give me one of their mini signs).

got Thunder cats Season 1 vol 1 for 19.99 and vol 2 for 24.99! unfortunately they didnt have a very large selection for my free movie, so i got Kingdom Hospital...im not sure if its gonna be any good. but anyway..sweet deal on thundercats.

Buy 2 Get 2:

Cheers S1 $12.99
Cheers S2 $12.99
Cheers S3 FREE
Just Shoot Me S1&2 FREE

Sex and the City S1 $12.99
Sex and the City S2 $12.99
Sex and the City S3 FREE
Friends S2 FREE

Awesome deal. Other $12.99 sets I saw include the first couple Simpsons seasons. Dukes of Hazard S3 and Reno 911 S1

Dave

So I can use the Edge card on top? but no coupons in addition, yes?
Found one store Buy 2 get 2 in my area, going out in a lil bit...
thanks!

No B2G2 in Louisville, KY. Just B2G1.

Shrek 2 - $9.99.
Team America: World Police - $9.99.
You, Me and Dupree - Free.

Punch Druck Love (2 Disc Special Edition) - $9.99.
Crash - $9.99.
Shark Tale - Free.

Freaky Friday - $5.99.
Envy - $5.99.
Pootie Tang - Free.

Total, (after tax and Edge Card) = $48.15.

I scored the complete series of Red Dwarf (8 volumes) and volume 2 of Brak for about $70. Not bad considering the retail price on Red Dwarf new is around $189. At another I picked up:
Big Love Season One
Bond Ultimate Edition Volume 2
Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 4
All for $54.
I just wish we had B2G2 in the Metro East area of St. Louis.

The guys at my local EB really loved me today. Bought 44 $5.99 dvds; came to around $115 after tax. Took them about an hour to pull them all while dealing with the customers, but tomorrow ill turn around and get $330 for them from Suncoast/FYE, so it'll be worth the time.

Found a store doing the B2G2 sale and wooo I had a good time. Ended up getting quite a few dvds and came out with a total of 170.00. Ended up buying an edge card to get 10% off the entire thing. I'll have to go in another time when they arent so busy so i can get a better look at the dvds behind the counter. Thanks OP!

I was so pissed yesterday. My local EB Games only had a b2g1, but when I went to the mall they had the b2g2. I was so happy, as they had L&O S1, Sopranos S1, Six Feet Under S1, and Ultimate Bond Vol2. It would've costed me only $50+ tax. As it so happens, they couldn't find the discs for Six Feet Under or Sopranos. They told me to pick something else, but I just said screw it, there was nothing else I wanted. Left empty handed :(

Only a B2G1 sale at mine.
Picked up:
A-Team S1 - $12.99
Buffy The Vampire Slayer S1 - $12.99
Chronicles Of Narnia Four Disc Set - Free

[quote name='thack']I scored the complete series of Red Dwarf (8 volumes) and volume 2 of Brak for about $70. Not bad considering the retail price on Red Dwarf new is around $189. At another I picked up:
Big Love Season One
Bond Ultimate Edition Volume 2
Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 4
All for $54.
I just wish we had B2G2 in the Metro East area of St. Louis.[/QUOTE]

Let me know if you want to sell those Red Dwarfs...they are a pain to find out here.

bread's done
Back