EBgames B&M Trade deals 8/29-10/2

bluenatas09

CAGiversary!
VOM Trades.
Trade 3 select PS2/Xbox/GC games and recieve $30 towards pre-purchase of Halo 2, Limitend Halo 2 or Forza.

One per customer. Boxes and instructions required. While supplies last. Not Valid on previous purchases. No Substitutions. No Rainchecks. 8/2-10/2

AND

The more you Trade, the more you're Paid
Trade 3 games in and recieve a extra $10 to total
Trade 4 games in and recieve a extra $15 to total
Trade 5 games in and recieve a extra $20 to total.

No Exclusions! No same titles. Must purchase something, no credit or cash will be given.

Normally I'd say the "more you trade, more you're paid" deal isn't the best....BUT it does say in little print that theres NO exceptions. So here's the perfect chance to get rid of some of those crappy POX titles or old sports titles that are taking up space.

******************** DaPhatty Edit *******************

Here are the OFFICIAL rules for each trade-in special. I copied these from the EBGames website. Click Here if you want to see the webpage for yourself.

The More you Trade, the More You're Paid - $10 bonus trade-in Expires 10/2/2004
Trade-in 3 select pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $10.00 dollars bonus trade-in value for all three games. Boxes and Instructions are required. Extra value must be applied to purchases made in the same transaction. No cash or credit will be issued. No exclusions apply. Demo discs are not valid for trade-in. Trade-in games must have different titles. Customer may be responsible for sales tax in some states. Not valid at EBGames.com. Boxes and instructions are required. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. See sales associate for details.

The More you Trade, the More You're Paid - $15 bonus trade-in Expires 10/2/2004
Trade-in 4 select pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $15.00 dollars bonus trade-in value for all four games. Boxes and Instructions are required. Extra value must be applied to purchases made in the same transaction. No cash or credit will be issued. No exclusions apply. Demo discs are not > valid for trade-in. Trade-in games must have different titles. Customer may be responsible for sales tax in some states. Not valid at EBGames.com. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. See sales associate for details.

The More you Trade, the More You're Paid - $20 bonus trade-in Expires 10/2/2004
Trade-in 5 or more select pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive a total of $20.00 dollars bonus trade-in value. Boxes and Instructions are required. Extra value must be applied to purchases made in the same transaction. No cash or credit will be issued. No exclusions apply. Demo discs are not valid for trade-in. Trade-in games must have different titles. Customer may be responsible for sales tax in some states. Not valid at EBGames.com. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. See sales associate for details.

[quote name='AlucardDE']Traded 25 Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube games (mostly from the Toys R US sale, Circuit City or Best Buy sale (except for MVP 2004 and Spiderman 2 (which I beat and got $29 for, MVP I got $25 (but I am getting a $30 rebate back for it from TWEC so its all good).

Anyway, it paid for all of the following:

Star Wars Battlefront (PC)
Pikmin 2
Fable
Half Life 2: CE
NHL 2K5 (Xbox)
Guilty Gear X2: Reload
Gungrave: Overdose
Mortal Kombat: Deception Kollector's Edition (Xbox)[/quote]

So you got $150 for the 25 games right off the bat then whatever the games traded in for? I may have to unload all my cheapy titles as well.

just wanted to clarify, is the trade in 3 games to get 10 dollars extra....

10 dollars plus the value of the 3 trade ins? or just 10 dollars for 3 games?

Thanks

I don't think its for all ebgames stores, at least, not all of them are aware of it.

For instance, the first one I called was not even aware of the promotion. The next one I called knew about it but said that there were exceptions. The third store I called pretty much said what was in this post, that there were no exceptions. So I got the guy's name and how long his shift was, and I got to work.

I went to my local Gamestop and bought Madden 2001 and NCAA Shootout 2001 for 6 bucks total. I already had NFL 2k3 (GC), Madden 2002 (GC), and Eternal Darkness, which is a great game, granted, but its not my genre...luckily I got it for 12 bucks so it was the smallest of my concerns.

So I traded those five games, even though they only gave me a couple of bucks for the games, I ended up with 22 bucks store credit. Now this guy, contrary to what someone posted in these forums, said you had to buy something INSTOCK or else it wouldnt work...something about trade-in credit being different than store credit.

So I asked him what the cheapest thing was, and he said a used N64 rumble pack for 99 cents. I said fine, and ended up with 21 credit. I put it on The Sims 2, and now I only have 32 bucks left to pay including tax, so I'm a happy man.

So my profit was:
Madden 2001 (2.99)
+
NCAA Shootout (2.99)
+
Three games I was happy to get rid of and were worth nothing to me (0.00)
-
21.00 or so dollars of store credit
=
15.00 profit (thereabouts)

Good luck if you can get this to work, although if you have more valuable games than I did, you'll make much more money off of this...but I don't mind...the only relatively expensive game in the group was Eternal Darkness.

(PS...I just realized, I should have sold Eternal Darkness to my Gamestop and bought another 2.99 game. Why? Because Gamestop was going to give me 5 dollars for Eternal Darkness :shock: , while EB only gave me a buck :(. That would have been another 1.50 or so of profit...oh well)

The "more you Trade, the more you're Paid" deal is not listed on EBgames.com so that deal is probably not good at all EB locations.

well the letter we got at work mentioned it going out to all the stores..I guess it could just be in certain regions though...

The POX list for PS2 says ATV Offroad Fury. But it doesn't say ATV Offroad Fury 2, you know, the one that comes for free with PS2s now. Does that mean I can trade that in for one of the two games towards Burnout 3?

Or, I suppose I could trade it in with some other games as part of the trade in 3/4/5 deal since that only excludes demo discs.

Profit baby!

Traded:

Futurama XBOX-$5 CC
SWAT XBOX-$5 CC
POP XBOX-$10 TRU

Got $40 credit for those 3.Guy behind the counter told me it would be better to just trade for credit instead of using the "Trade 3 for Fable preorder" deal.

unknowingly to me i did not think i got thedeal at first. the guy at the store said 21 bucks for the tiger woods game i bought cause i traded in 4gamesfor 7 bucks. I looked at my receipt the other day aand i ended up being 22 dollar credit and i got tiger woods 2004 for 5.84. They did not even know it

[quote name='bluenatas09']VOM Trades.
Trade 3 select PS2/Xbox/GC games and recieve $30 towards pre-purchase of Halo 2, Limitend Halo 2 or Forza.

One per customer. Boxes and instructions required. While supplies last. Not Valid on previous purchases. No Substitutions. No Rainchecks. 8/2-10/2

AND

[/quote]
Just so I understand each deal completely:
With the first deal, you get a GRAND TOTAL of $30 for the three games? So if this is the case, I guess it's the best way to unload your low-value games (which would normally fetch you much less that $10 individually).

And then the second deal gives you the specified amount IN ADDITION TO the normal trade amount? So if you have games with a high trade in value (worth more than $10 each), you will get a lot more out of this deal.

Am I getting this right?

Cool... if my store does this I may unload a Zelda Collectors' Disc. Those aren't fetching nearly as much on Ebay as they used to. I think people are catching on to the fact that GameStop only sells them for $30. If I can think of four other games to trade, I'll get $45 for Zelda, plus whatever the remaining four trade in for, which is QUITE good.

[quote name='BustaUppa'][quote name='bluenatas09']VOM Trades.

AND

[/quote]
Just so I understand each deal completely:
With the first deal, you get a GRAND TOTAL of $30 for the three games? So if this is the case, I guess it's the best way to unload your low-value games (which would normally fetch you much less that $10 individually).

And then the second deal gives you the specified amount IN ADDITION TO the normal trade amount? So if you have games with a high trade in value (worth more than $10 each), you will get a lot more out of this deal.

Am I getting this right?[/quote]
BUT.. the trade 5/extra $20 has no exclusions, so crap like NFL QB Club can be traded in with 2 other games to get you 3.33+value of crappy game. The 3 for 30 off preorder is only for non-excluded games (which may be worth a lot more on ebay, the boards here, etc.)

[quote name='BustaUppa']Cool... if my store does this I may unload a Zelda Collectors' Disc. Those aren't fetching nearly as much on Ebay as they used to. I think people are catching on to the fact that GameStop only sells them for $30. If I can think of four other games to trade, I'll get $45 for Zelda, plus whatever the remaining four trade in for, which is QUITE good.[/quote]

EB gives you $45 for the Zelda Collector's Edition?

Interesting time today trying to get the 2 for $20 Burnout 3 preorder deal.

The games: MechAssault, MGS2: Substance (xbox), ATV Offroad Fury 2.

Clerk A first tells me that none of the games are excluded. I tell him I'll keep MechAssault since you only need to trade in 2 games.

Clerk A says the deal isn't coming up in the computer, and says I either am thinking of the wrong game (yeah right) or it's an online only deal (can you even trade games in online?).

I print out the web page and take it back later. Clerk B and Clerk C are now working. Clerk C scans the games, still nothing in the computer. He's perplexed when I show him thr printout. Clerk B insists it's because "greatest hits games don't count". This is obviously wrong for several reasons and even Clerk C tells Clerk B this.

Clerk C tries calling other stores to get a manager. No such luck. He tells me to try back tomorrow when their manager is in and either maybe the point of sale will be updated to include this deal, or he could just manually give me the deal (he said he would have done this today but he couldn't get a hold of a manager).

side note--an employee came in to get his copy of ESPN NHL 2k5, and paid $18.18 after tax. I guess he must really have wanted to play it badly, because it will be at Best Buy tomorrow for $16.04.

[quote name='jkam'][quote name='BustaUppa']Cool... if my store does this I may unload a Zelda Collectors' Disc. Those aren't fetching nearly as much on Ebay as they used to. I think people are catching on to the fact that GameStop only sells them for $30. If I can think of four other games to trade, I'll get $45 for Zelda, plus whatever the remaining four trade in for, which is QUITE good.[/quote]

EB gives you $45 for the Zelda Collector's Edition?[/quote]
To clarify: EB gives $25 for the Zelda disc, and I'd get $20 extra if I traded in four other games using the deal. So in the end I would get it's $25 + $20 + $value of other 4 games. Sorry for the confusion.

[quote name='BustaUppa'][quote name='jkam'][quote name='BustaUppa']Cool... if my store does this I may unload a Zelda Collectors' Disc. Those aren't fetching nearly as much on Ebay as they used to. I think people are catching on to the fact that GameStop only sells them for $30. If I can think of four other games to trade, I'll get $45 for Zelda, plus whatever the remaining four trade in for, which is QUITE good.[/quote]

EB gives you $45 for the Zelda Collector's Edition?[/quote]
To clarify: EB gives $25 for the Zelda disc, and I'd get $20 extra if I traded in four other games using the deal. So in the end I would get it's $25 + $20 + $value of other 4 games. Sorry for the confusion.[/quote]

AH...gotcha. I was going to say $45 seemed like a lot!

my ebgame said they only give 19 for the zelda disc man if it was 25 i be dumping mine tonight lol

i could find 8 junk games just to dump to get the extra 40

[quote name='slidecage']my ebgame said they only give 19 for the zelda disc man if it was 25 i be dumping mine tonight lol

i could find 8 junk games just to dump to get the extra 40[/quote]

All the EBgames trade-in values are the same. It's 25 if you have the book and case....and FYI, the game sells there for 59.99

Well yet another set of employees put the kibosh on the special advertised on the website. So I did the trade 3 get $30 for Halo 2, seeing as how my games were worth $9 by themselves and $19 with the promotion.

If I go there on Tuesday and tell them I changed my mind and don't want Halo 2 anymore, will they give me the $30 credit to put towards Burnout 3 or my GTA:SA pre-order? Or do I have to wait until Halo 2 comes out, buy it, and then return it?

yes, yes, and yes. you can always change your pre-order, many clerks have told me this. if you're worried about it, do it over the phone so that they have no memory of you coming in. it works EVERY time.

[quote name='bluenatas09']VOM Trades.

AND

No Exclusions! No same titles. Must purchase something, no credit or cash will be given.

[/quote]

Well first off I am very new to this website.. I'm loving it very much... lots of good information!!

First what does VOM Trades mean?

Also... I noticed this deal was not posted on EB's Trade-in Deals... is this something that only certain stores are offering.. or are all stores doing this deal?

Thanks in Advance!

-Garadius

Actually... are both of these deals part of the same deal?...

or are these two seperate deals?

Thanks!

-Garadius

[quote name='garadius']Actually... are both of these deals part of the same deal?...

or are these two seperate deals?

Thanks!

-Garadius[/quote]

All EBgames that I know of should be doing this sale, but there has been some reports of SOME Ebgames not doing it.

It's two seperate deals.

VOM stands for "Vender of the month"

[quote name='PsyClerk'][quote name='Gojtron']Bullshit. Just traded in 2 yesterday for good money from them(Spidey2 and Fight Night got me 47).[/quote]

Try again. The 'no cash or credit' is for those doing the trade in deal. It's there so you can't trade in 5 cruddy games and walk out with an extra Andrew Jackson.

You can still trade in normally.[/quote]

No way i picked up some PS2 madden 2001-2003 for 1.99 each, the deal says 3 titles cant be same titles...so I did 3 different titles and 2 dupes and used my gamers edge card....so I paid 9 bucks then traded in the 5 used games and got $20 bucks so I made 11 bucks on the trade in any game including POX titles deal...muhahah...then on the HALO2 deal... If you find AGGRESSIVE INLINE for PS2 for 5.99 I grabbed 3 of those paid 18 bucks then traded in for the halo2 deal and made 30 back so a profit of 12 there...so I waled out with a total bonus of 23 bucks.....it was great...muahhaha

General question here... what type of things will EB "penalize" you for when trading in games? All the games I want to trade have the box and manuals. But a few have old GameStop price stickers on them... will stickers (or sticker residue) get me less trade-in money, or will it be the same as long as the materials are generally in fine condition? I'll go out of my way to take the stickers off all carefully if I have to, but if it won't make a difference I'll just leave them there.

[quote name='BustaUppa']General question here... what type of things will EB "penalize" you for when trading in games? All the games I want to trade have the box and manuals. But a few have old GameStop price stickers on them... will stickers (or sticker residue) get me less trade-in money, or will it be the same as long as the materials are generally in fine condition? I'll go out of my way to take the stickers off all carefully if I have to, but if it won't make a difference I'll just leave them there.[/quote]

Stickers don't make a difference..hell, EB is infamous for putting more stickers on the boxes than anyone else anyway

my eb did not care about gamestop stickers but i did rip some off. They just told me dont buy your used games from them eb is known to have cheaper used games. I was going to laugh but i did not cause one of the games i traded in i was going to buy from them but bought from gamestop instead cause gamestop was cheaper

My EB told me the "trade more, get more" deal doesn't allow trades of old sports titles, etc. How are all you guys getting them to take those games?

[quote name='ToddlerTN']My EB told me the "trade more, get more" deal doesn't allow trades of old sports titles, etc. How are all you guys getting them to take those games?[/quote]

It's simple. The people who work at OUR Ebgames aren't as big of dicks as YOUR EBgames employees. Either that or they're just ignorant. Beats me.

[quote name='Daddy'][quote name='PsyClerk'][quote name='Gojtron']Bullshit. Just traded in 2 yesterday for good money from them(Spidey2 and Fight Night got me 47).[/quote]

Try again. The 'no cash or credit' is for those doing the trade in deal. It's there so you can't trade in 5 cruddy games and walk out with an extra Andrew Jackson.

You can still trade in normally.[/quote]

No way i picked up some PS2 madden 2001-2003 for 1.99 each, the deal says 3 titles cant be same titles...so I did 3 different titles and 2 dupes and used my gamers edge card....so I paid 9 bucks then traded in the 5 used games and got $20 bucks so I made 11 bucks on the trade in any game including POX titles deal...muhahah...then on the HALO2 deal... If you find AGGRESSIVE INLINE for PS2 for 5.99 I grabbed 3 of those paid 18 bucks then traded in for the halo2 deal and made 30 back so a profit of 12 there...so I waled out with a total bonus of 23 bucks.....it was great...muahhaha[/quote]

aggressive inline is clearly marked on their exclusions list for the halo 2 deal. YMMV if you can get them to take that game, they wouldnt take it at my EB

[quote name='simpsonps121']Is it the aggressive inline for PS2?

Yesterday the guy at the store told me it was not on the exclusion list.

Thanks,
Matthew[/quote]

The Ps2 has the cheapest prices on used games....The agressive inline is 5.99 its a PO not a POX so its works on the HALO2 deal

[quote name='bluenatas09'][quote name='ToddlerTN']My EB told me the "trade more, get more" deal doesn't allow trades of old sports titles, etc. How are all you guys getting them to take those games?[/quote]

It's simple. The people who work at OUR Ebgames aren't as big of dicks as YOUR EBgames employees. Either that or they're just ignorant. Beats me.[/quote]

I got them to take Madden 2002 for the GC. I got $4 for it ($.25 +$3.75) I also got $10.75 for Medal of Honor Frontline which is double what I paid for it at CC. All in all Id say this would be as good of a deal as you'll get on old sports titles. I could have done better if I had taken another one of my old sports games (the bonus would have been $5 instead of $3.75) but Im still playing the ones I have.

[quote name='BustaUppa']General question here... what type of things will EB "penalize" you for when trading in games? All the games I want to trade have the box and manuals. But a few have old GameStop price stickers on them... will stickers (or sticker residue) get me less trade-in money, or will it be the same as long as the materials are generally in fine condition? I'll go out of my way to take the stickers off all carefully if I have to, but if it won't make a difference I'll just leave them there.[/quote]

Nah, all they care about is the actual game.

Damn, is the "trade in x number of games, get y off" deal still going on? And will it work with GBA games?

I'm sick of Fire Pro Wrestling, F-Zero Maximum, and LotR: TTT, and it'd be awful nice to be able to trade them in and get some value off Astro Boy: Omega Factor.

So after trading in 14 games that I either got for $5 at the CC or BB sales, or have had for a while and we're being played ever (NBA 2K2, anyone?), I now have $200 worth of pre-orders down on five different games (Fable, Halo 2, Burnout 3, GTA:SA, Katamari Damacy).

One tip I have, and I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here before, comes from the manager of my EB himself. As you well know, you can't use the "more you trade the more you make" deal on pre-orders; you have to purchase something right then and there. However, if you buy, say, a 10-cent mylar plastic card sleeve, you can use all the remaining credit towards whatever you want (i.e. pre-orders). Between that and switching pre-orders a day later, I was able to get the exact deals I wanted. I guess it's easier when the employees are trying to help you find the deals/exploit loopholes, but I would suggest trying them at your local store if you have any interest in fully taking advantage of these current trade-in deals.

bread's done
Back