EBgames B&M Trade deals 8/29-10/2

bluenatas09

CAGiversary!
VOM Trades.
Trade 3 select PS2/Xbox/GC games and recieve $30 towards pre-purchase of Halo 2, Limitend Halo 2 or Forza.

One per customer. Boxes and instructions required. While supplies last. Not Valid on previous purchases. No Substitutions. No Rainchecks. 8/2-10/2

AND

The more you Trade, the more you're Paid
Trade 3 games in and recieve a extra $10 to total
Trade 4 games in and recieve a extra $15 to total
Trade 5 games in and recieve a extra $20 to total.

No Exclusions! No same titles. Must purchase something, no credit or cash will be given.

Normally I'd say the "more you trade, more you're paid" deal isn't the best....BUT it does say in little print that theres NO exceptions. So here's the perfect chance to get rid of some of those crappy POX titles or old sports titles that are taking up space.

******************** DaPhatty Edit *******************

Here are the OFFICIAL rules for each trade-in special. I copied these from the EBGames website. Click Here if you want to see the webpage for yourself.

The More you Trade, the More You're Paid - $10 bonus trade-in Expires 10/2/2004
Trade-in 3 select pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $10.00 dollars bonus trade-in value for all three games. Boxes and Instructions are required. Extra value must be applied to purchases made in the same transaction. No cash or credit will be issued. No exclusions apply. Demo discs are not valid for trade-in. Trade-in games must have different titles. Customer may be responsible for sales tax in some states. Not valid at EBGames.com. Boxes and instructions are required. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. See sales associate for details.

The More you Trade, the More You're Paid - $15 bonus trade-in Expires 10/2/2004
Trade-in 4 select pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $15.00 dollars bonus trade-in value for all four games. Boxes and Instructions are required. Extra value must be applied to purchases made in the same transaction. No cash or credit will be issued. No exclusions apply. Demo discs are not > valid for trade-in. Trade-in games must have different titles. Customer may be responsible for sales tax in some states. Not valid at EBGames.com. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. See sales associate for details.

The More you Trade, the More You're Paid - $20 bonus trade-in Expires 10/2/2004
Trade-in 5 or more select pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive a total of $20.00 dollars bonus trade-in value. Boxes and Instructions are required. Extra value must be applied to purchases made in the same transaction. No cash or credit will be issued. No exclusions apply. Demo discs are not valid for trade-in. Trade-in games must have different titles. Customer may be responsible for sales tax in some states. Not valid at EBGames.com. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. See sales associate for details.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']One tip I have, and I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here before, comes from the manager of my EB himself. As you well know, you can't use the "more you trade the more you make" deal on pre-orders; you have to purchase something right then and there. However, if you buy, say, a 10-cent mylar plastic card sleeve, you can use all the remaining credit towards whatever you want (i.e. pre-orders). Between that and switching pre-orders a day later, I was able to get the exact deals I wanted. I guess it's easier when the employees are trying to help you find the deals/exploit loopholes, but I would suggest trying them at your local store if you have any interest in fully taking advantage of these current trade-in deals.[/quote]
That wasn't true in my case. I traded in four games, all the credit of which went to the preorder of DDR Extreme. I didn't have to buy anything there. This is probably a YMMV thing.

Also, I managed to get $20.75 credit for four games. I don't know how, but that was cool. Three of the games are on the exclusion list too.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']So after trading in 14 games that I either got for $5 at the CC or BB sales, or have had for a while and we're being played ever (NBA 2K2, anyone?), I now have $200 worth of pre-orders down on five different games (Fable, Halo 2, Burnout 3, GTA:SA, Katamari Damacy).

One tip I have, and I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here before, comes from the manager of my EB himself. As you well know, you can't use the "more you trade the more you make" deal on pre-orders; you have to purchase something right then and there. However, if you buy, say, a 10-cent mylar plastic card sleeve, you can use all the remaining credit towards whatever you want (i.e. pre-orders). Between that and switching pre-orders a day later, I was able to get the exact deals I wanted. I guess it's easier when the employees are trying to help you find the deals/exploit loopholes, but I would suggest trying them at your local store if you have any interest in fully taking advantage of these current trade-in deals.[/quote]

yeah very true... i walked out one day with 5 packs of useless beyblade card packs for 50 cents a piece lol...

Just got back from my local EB store... I ended up getting Fable and Halo2.... I started with the Halo2 deal and got the limited edition... Funny thing is the guy had no clue about this deal.. he told me I had to do it online... so I busted out my printed copy and had to show him... but all was good after that..

I then proceded to get my 5 games for the extra $20 deal.. and I simply asked if I could put that on Fable.. (which is still on preorder..) and then pay it off right then... he had no problem with that....

So im thinking you can put this on preorder games.. but you may have to pay off the game in whole... I dunno.. I got 2 games for about $50 total..

so im happy..

oh.. I traded in Splinter Cell, NHL Hitz 2k, NBA Live 2k, Madden 2k, Nba 2k3 for a total of $30 trade in..

not bad considering you normally get .50 for sports titles....

-Garadius

So only PS2, Cube or XB?

I have some PSOne and GBA games I never play I could use for this deal...

Some things I've noticed:

--Every EB I've checked in Long Island has the "Trade 5 for 20 extra" deal. So if you're in the area, go for it.

--A point of interest is that the sign for the promotion states that you must have three distinct games. So technically, I think you could have three copies of the same game, and then two other games and it would still work.

--The first EB I went to was aware of the promotion, but it didn't seem to be in the computer. The employees were stumped for a while and they finally just did everything manually in the computer. At another EB (which was in a mall), everything showed up right away in the computer with no hassle at all. I actually broke the rules on that one (three copies of Zelda Collectors and Wipeout Fusion--only two distinct games) and one employee told me it probably wouldn't work. But the promotion still showed up and I got $15 extra. So the "no same titles" thing isn't actually in the computer; it's up to the individual employees to enforce it.

[quote name='rywateska'][quote name='rywateska']When does the trade in 5 get $20 extra deal end?[/quote]

...still no answer[/quote]

:shock: < eyes pointed at name of topic

[quote name='magilacudy'][quote name='rywateska'][quote name='rywateska']When does the trade in 5 get $20 extra deal end?[/quote]

:shock: < eyes pointed at name of topic[/quote]

-sigh-

[quote name='magilacudy'][quote name='rywateska'][quote name='rywateska']When does the trade in 5 get $20 extra deal end?[/quote]

:shock: < eyes pointed at name of topic[/quote]

](*,)

Anyone have any good ideas how to make extra credit off of this? any cheap preowneds that would be good to buy for cheap then trade right back in?

anybody actually getting any money on the get extra 20 bucks with 5 games deal?

i mean most CAG's are going to unload crappy games which probably don't fetch more than .50 a piece..so you're probably getting 22.50 for 5 games :(

I really goofed, I traded in SIX games without even realizing it. I was so caught up in the transaction that I forgot to take back Jet Set Radio Future. I just looked at the receipt today and it finally hit me. The plan was to buy JSRF right back from a nearby GameStop, after trading it in as my fifth game. But oh well, no biggie. I still ended up getting MK6 Kollector's Edition (preorder) and a friggin' Xbox for just $80 after my trade-ins, so I'm quite happy with the whole deal.

Oh and the first EB I went to had no problem with me just doing a pre-order with all the trade-in credit. I didn't have to buy anything in stock. But then again that EB didn't have the promotion in the computer (they had the signs up though, so they just did everything manually), so I may have just been lucky with that.

I took part in the deal today. The guy was really helpful. I had 7 games so he broke it down in 4 set and 3 set. The best part was he just put the total on an edge card.

[quote name='usickenme']I took part in the deal today. The guy was really helpful. I had 7 games so he broke it down in 4 set and 3 set. The best part was he just put the total on an edge card.[/quote]

How'd it give the bonus w/o a purchase?

Could someone explain something to me? Yesterday I did the deal where you trade in any five games and you get $20 extra added on to the value of what you traded.

What I'm confused about is this deal where you trade in three "select" games and you get $30 off of Halo. That seems like a MUCH better deal than trading in five and getting $20 extra. But what are the select titles? I saw some people link to this page at EBgames.com. Is that a list of games that are excluded from that Halo 2 deal? And while I'm at it, does that include all those deals at EB? Like, is it a universal list for all of the deals?

I went to Target today grabbed:

3x Activision Antology (PS2) 2.48 each.
Dead to rights $5
Mobile Light Force2 _ $3.48

I went to EBgames after Target and traded in 5 to get one free
(says promo #2431 on the receipt).
Got

Star Ocean for $15.92 :bouncy:

It was better for me to do a 5 get 1, then trade 5 get +$20.

[quote name='sonicblue']Could someone explain something to me? Yesterday I did the deal where you trade in any five games and you get $20 extra added on to the value of what you traded.

What I'm confused about is this deal where you trade in three "select" games and you get $30 off of Halo. That seems like a MUCH better deal than trading in five and getting $20 extra. But what are the select titles? I saw some people link to this page at EBgames.com. Is that a list of games that are excluded from that Halo 2 deal? And while I'm at it, does that include all those deals at EB? Like, is it a universal list for all of the deals?[/quote]

Your insight serves you well. + is better for trashy games like old sports and clearance. Halo deals are for mid age titles.

[quote name='masha']I went to Target today grabbed:

3x Activision Antology (PS2) 2.48 each.
Dead to rights $5
Mobile Light Force2 _ $3.48

I went to EBgames after Target and traded in 5 to get one free
(says promo #2431 on the receipt).
Got

Star Ocean for $15.92 :bouncy:

It was better for me to do a 5 get 1, then trade 5 get +$20.[/quote]

OKay..well I wonder where the hell that promotion is from.

[quote name='bluenatas09']
OKay..well I wonder where the hell that promotion is from.[/quote]

I don't know, but I remember two weeks ago EB had those corner stickers on the games. Trade in 5 get 1 free.
It was around $12 for the games I brought. $20 +$12 +$32 not to much for the great games :D, so I asked the guy what kind of promotions they have . He said: "Trade in 5 get 1 free and trade in 5 get +$20". I said: I would like to trade 5 and have Star Ocean".

[quote name='suko_32']So there's a trade in 5 get one free now? Any game can be traded in and any game can be selected as the free game?[/quote]

Exclusions were sport titles an he didn't take Blowout (who would? :D).

Traded in
NFSU
MADDEN 03
QUANTUM REDSHIFT
ALTER ECHO
GT3
EXTERMINATION
007: ALL OR NOTHING
REDCARD 2003
CLONE WARS/TETRIS WORLDS COMBO
VEXX
SOCOM
AGGRESSIVE INLINE
GHOST RECON ISLAND THUNDER

...all for just over $101 credit! Put down $30 towards Halo 2 & it left me just about $75 after buying my own Madden 2003 back! Awesome trade-in, much satisfaction from an employee helping me out and even more for the one employee incredibly pissed off at every extra penny I got.
Funny thing is, I bought 10 of those for under $10 !

Here's how I made out today:

Robotech PS2
WWE Wrestlemania XIX GC
Pacman Fever PS2
NFL GameDay 2004 PS2
Beach Spikers GC
Zelda Collectors Edition GC
Rally Fusion PS2
Parappa the Rapper 2 PS2
Virtua Fighter 4 PS2
Spy Hunter 2 PS2

That gave me a total of $75.75, which I put $52 (after tax) down on Donkey Konga and bought myself a copy of The Suffering with the remaining money. Also grabbed a copy of Manhunt using a gift certificate I had.

Of course, I did have to buy a 0.49 copy of some shitty movie reviews CD for PC. They were laughing at how pathetic it was, so I told them to keep it. :oops:

Considering I never really played any of those games, and they all came from the $5 CC or BB sales (aside from Zelda, which I got for free), I'd say I did pretty decent. I'm satisfied. :)

Anyone know if different year sporst title will count as the same title or not?

This deal is no exceptions, and they are accepting any sports game (as long as its current-gen), but I'm wondering if they'd accept Madden 2001, Madden 2002, Madden 2003, NBA Live 2001, and NBA Live 2002, or if they'd say it's the same title.. ?

I very rarely trade in games, but I made an exception for this deal and came away happy. Traded in 8 games received $79 credit including the bonus cash. Had to buy a $5 sub to a pre own thingie so the bonus's could be applied and so I use the rest on pre-orders(Couldn't find anything cheaper, at least this might be used in the future). Pre-ordered Shadow Hearts 2 and Katamari Damacy, and put the rest that was left on my Halo 2 SE pre-order. That last part was the best part, for some reason when she applied that, I got an extra $17 dollar credit from some other promotion that was suppose to end on Sunday apparently. So $96 for 8 games, which isn't to bad when I probably should have never purchased a few of those games in the first place.

Just for clarification...because some of you seem a little confused and no wonder, given the mixed reactions of your local EB employees. Every single EB should be doing this. Every single one. If they don't know about it, make them (nicely) trade in your stuff, ring something up, doesn't matter what and (very important) HIT TOTAL. Just say "F12". If they don't know what that key does, then they have problems.

The "more you trade the more you're paid" deal applies to trade-ins of complete (game, box, instructions, art) PS2, Gamecube and XBox games. No duplicates within the same transaction. No exceptions. Not even that Madden 2001 for the PS2. In plain English: all POX titles will work for this particular promotion. You do need to buy something in order to get the bonus.

Trade in 3 Games=$10 EXTRA
Trade in 4 Games=$15 EXTRA
Trade in 5 Games=$20 EXTRA

You cannot however trade in 10 games and get $40. So just do a separate transaction and you're good to go.

Once both the trade ins and the purchases are in the computer the computer will automatically bump up the trade in values. You can see it for yourself on the receipt.

You cannot do this deal for cash, you cannot buy a gift certificate. Also found out today that it had been changed not to work for pre-orders, sorry.

Oh, and be nice to your EB salesperson. It's not his/her fault if s/he's ignorant. It's their manager's.

[quote name='suko_32']So there's a trade in 5 get one free now? Any game can be traded in and any game can be selected as the free game?[/quote]

It's actually trade in 2, 3, 4, or 5 games to get $20, $30, $40, or $50 towards the purchase of select games. The select games are:

Silent Hill 4 The Room
Def Jam fight for NY
Star wars Battlefront
Gran Turismo 4
GTA San Andreas
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
WWF Day of Reckoning
Halo 2
THUG 2

The exclusion list applies and games must have box and manual. masha was lucky enough to have an EB that let him choose any game.

[quote name='sonicblue']Could someone explain something to me? Yesterday I did the deal where you trade in any five games and you get $20 extra added on to the value of what you traded.

What I'm confused about is this deal where you trade in three "select" games and you get $30 off of Halo. That seems like a MUCH better deal than trading in five and getting $20 extra. But what are the select titles? I saw some people link to this page at EBgames.com. Is that a list of games that are excluded from that Halo 2 deal? And while I'm at it, does that include all those deals at EB? Like, is it a universal list for all of the deals?[/quote]

If I understand it correctly, the $30 you get off halo is ALL you get, period. Not the value of your games + 30. So in other words, if it's not excluded, you get $10 each game. Pretty standard.

hey guys i have a question. i just got back from EB and I traded in 4 ps2 games and 1 xbox game, and the guy said all 5 have to be for the same system and he only gave me an extra $15. Is this how it works or did I get screwed?

[quote name='themoor666']hey guys i have a question. i just got back from EB and I traded in 4 ps2 games and 1 xbox game, and the guy said all 5 have to be for the same system and he only gave me an extra $15. Is this how it works or did I get screwed?[/quote]

Screwed.

[quote name='bluenatas09'][quote name='themoor666']hey guys i have a question. i just got back from EB and I traded in 4 ps2 games and 1 xbox game, and the guy said all 5 have to be for the same system and he only gave me an extra $15. Is this how it works or did I get screwed?[/quote]

Screwed.[/quote]

Especially since it's supposed to be automatic in the computer - was for me both times I did it.

[quote name='crucify']
You cannot however trade in 10 games and get $40. So just do a separate transaction and you're good to go.
[/quote]

What exactly do you mean by a "separate transaction" here? I'm looking to trade in 15-20 games when I take advantage of this deal, and I want to get $20 for every 5 I trade in, not just $20 extra for all the 15.

Zman, it means you do 5 games per transaction, recieve an extra 20 per transaction. Check as many as possible against the exclusiion list and put down preorders for things like GT4 to get the $10 per game and then move it over later.

I'm trading in 5 of my crapy Xbox games today to see if I can get Mega Man X: Command Mission for PS2, since I really want that game and my Xbox has games I would love to get rid of.

I need some help. I did the halo 2 deal and I want to switch the pre-order to buy a Def Jam Fight For NY. Is that possible? To use the money put down for Halo 2 for Def Jam? Also I picked up the last copy of Katamari. Life is awesome.

I went to EB to trade in the following Xbox games:

Outlaw Golf
Azurik: Rise of Perathia
Crazy Taxi 3
Midtown Madness 3 (I found boring, quickly)
Cel Damage

I got $31 for them, and then I picked up two PS2 games:
Mega Man X: Command Mission
Katamari Damacy (my preorder pickup)

I am thinking about taking advantage of this deal. I was wondering if anyone would know how much I could get for this list of games including the bonus $20 for every five games.

NBA 2k3 (PS2)
ESPN Football 2k4 (XBOX)
NBA Street 2 (PS2)
World Series 2k3 (PS2)
World Series 2k3 (XBOX)
NBA Live 2004 (XBOX)
Madden 2003 (PS2)
MLB 2004 (PS2)
MLB 2005 (PS2)
All-Star Baseball 2005 (XBOX)
ESPN College Hoops (XBOX)
Home Run King (GC)
High Heat MLB 2004 (PS2)
Mega Man Anniversary Collection (GC)
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GC)

If this EB Games deal is not the best thing to do, what would be. I have no Game Rush stores here or Media Plays.

I'd check with a Gamecrazy or FYE/Coconuts if you have one near you. While they aren't running promos like the $20 extra thing, they will likely give you more for all those games. I do know that EB will give you jack crap for the sports games, and buy that I mean likely less than $1-2 or so.

bread's done
Back