EBGames Canada 10$ game deal?

CoffeeMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Has anyone heard of EBGames Canada having a 10$ game deal, soon?

Where each day they have a different game on sale for 10$.
From what i've heard Battalion Wars, Odama and Metroid Prime Pinball where on the list.

CheapyD Edit:

[quote name='CoffeeMan'] here's the full list till the end of july

I found this on redflag deals website and it was taken from Gamefaq's...

"Here's a complete list for every day until July 21. All titles are $9.89 unless otherwise marked

June 16: The Con (PSP); Pariah (XB - $0.01 with purchase of any other XBox game)
June 17: MLP (PSP); The Con (PSP)

June 18: DragonBallZ Sagas (PS2); Rainbow Six Lockdown (XB)
June 19: DK: King of Swing (GBA); Mario Tennis: Power Tour (GBA)
June 20: Timesplitters (PS2); Urban Reign (PS2)
June 21: Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC); Urban Reign (PS2)
June 22: Timesplitters (PS2); Operation Spy (PS2)
June 23: Without Warning (PS2); Madden 2005 (XB)
June 24: Rainbow Six Lockdown (XB); Timesplitters (XB)

June 25: NHL 2005 (XB); Ape Escape: Ape Academy (PSP)
June 26: Metroid Prime Pinball (DS); Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (PC)
June 27: DK: King of Swing (GBA); Mario Tennis: Power Tour (GBA)
June 28: The Matrix: Path of Neo (PC); Bet on Soldier (PC)
June 29: Battallion Wars (GC); Odama (GC)
June 30: Act of War (PC); Pariah (PC - $0.01)
***July 1***: Pac-Man World 3 (PC); Conflict Global Terror (PC)

Don't forget that on July 1st GST drops to 6%!

July 2: Viewtiful Joe (PS2); Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC)
July 3: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (NG); The Sims: Bustin' Out (NG - $0.89)
July 4: City of Villains (PC - $9.97); Freedom Force: The 3rd Reich
July 5: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (GC - w/o bongos); Donkey Konga (GC - w/ bongos)
July 6: Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (PC); Operation Shadow (NG - $0.89)
July 7: 187 Ride or Die (PS2); NBA Live 2005 (XB)
July 8: The Matrix: Path of Neo (PC); The Getaway: Black Monday (PS2)

July 9: City of Villains (PC - $9.97); Total Overdose (PC)
July 10: Total Overdose (PC); Ultima Online : Samurai Empire (PC)
July 11: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (GC - w/o bongos); Donkey Konga (GC - w/ bongos)
July 12: American Chopper (XB); Rainbow Six Lockdown (XB)
July 13: 50 Cent Bulletproof (PS2); Pariah (PC - $0.01)
July 14: 50 Cent Bulletproof (PS2/XB)
July 15: Neopets Petpet Adventures: The Wand of Wishing (PSP); 50 Cent Bulletproof (XB)

July 16: 50 Cent Bulletproof (XB); Pariah (PC - $0.01)
July 17: Asheron's Call: Throne of Destiny (PC); Disney's Toontown Online (PC)
July 18: Cold Wars (PC - $7.97); SSX: Out of Bounds (NG - $0.89)
July 19: DK: King of Swing (GBA); Mario Power Tennis (GBA)
July 20: City of Villains (PC - $9.97); The Matrix: Path of Neo (PC - $1.89)
July 21: Need for Speed Underground (XB); Act of War (PC)"

Print, highlight and shop
icon_razz.gif
[/quote]

When I got Odama, the box that the game and mic come in was on display and empty, meaning that they opened the box. The game case, though, was still factory sealed, and was in the back room along with the mic.

I'm like you, I hate EB for opening games to put them on display. For 10 bucks though, I might make an exception. Odama was easier to except because of the intact factory sealing.

Well, I just saw a few Odama and Battalion Wars on the shelf. It was the big Odama boxes. If Odama is anything like Zelda: Four Swords, there should be a DVD-casing inside along with the mic. I'm hoping EB doesn't also break that seeing as it's not even on display...

GameDeals, which EB did you check? The Metrotown one had a "Game of the Day" sign with the game of the day put under it. Although it was just Pariah, not Ape Escape Academy.

[quote name='Firestorm']Well, I just saw a few Odama and Battalion Wars on the shelf. It was the big Odama boxes. If Odama is anything like Zelda: Four Swords, there should be a DVD-casing inside along with the mic. I'm hoping EB doesn't also break that seeing as it's not even on display...

GameDeals, which EB did you check? The Metrotown one had a "Game of the Day" sign with the game of the day put under it. Although it was just Pariah, not Ape Escape Academy.[/quote]

Alright awesome, I'll go and look see on the 29th, kinda spent a bit much on games this month, not to mention taking a trip to NY ain't cheap :cry:

[quote name='GameDeals.ca']Very few people seem to know/care about this deal. I spoke to the woman at Metrotown (who gladly showed me the entire schedule) and she said that they barely sold any copies of Odama. Picked up Ape Escape Academy, but they only had 2 copies to begin with.[/QUOTE]

That must be a west coast thing. Here in Toronto, I went to EB on my lunch and Battalion Wars was already sold out, and my buddy and I bought the last 2 copies of Odama.

Guy at the cash said that people have been "making the rounds". Methinks this sale is far more exploited here.

[quote name='Fanboy']That must be a west coast thing. Here in Toronto, I went to EB on my lunch and Battalion Wars was already sold out, and my buddy and I bought the last 2 copies of Odama.

Guy at the cash said that people have been "making the rounds". Methinks this sale is far more exploited here.[/quote]

I think that not that many people know about it, since it isn't on their site or anything. Only way to find out is actually to go there or call in.

I guess I'll be at Metrotown on Monday for Mario Tennis. Then it's the Monday after that as soon as I finish my Biology Provincial for Metroid Prime Pinball. Last stop of the month should be for Battalion Wars... It's conveniently on the last day of my exams and the day I get my report cards/yearbook as well as our grad bbq. Oh well, where there's a will, there's a way!

I found this on redflag deals website and it was taken from Gamefaq's...

"Here's a complete list for every day until July 21. All titles are $9.89 unless otherwise marked

June 16: The Con (PSP); Pariah (XB - $0.01 with purchase of any other XBox game)
June 17: MLP (PSP); The Con (PSP)

June 18: DragonBallZ Sagas (PS2); Rainbow Six Lockdown (XB)
June 19: DK: King of Swing (GBA); Mario Tennis: Power Tour (GBA)
June 20: Timesplitters (PS2); Urban Reign (PS2)
June 21: Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC); Urban Reign (PS2)
June 22: Timesplitters (PS2); Operation Spy (PS2)
June 23: Without Warning (PS2); Madden 2005 (XB)
June 24: Rainbow Six Lockdown (XB); Timesplitters (XB)

June 25: NHL 2005 (XB); Ape Escape: Ape Academy (PSP)
June 27: DK: King of Swing (GBA); Mario Tennis: Power Tour (GBA)
June 28: The Matrix: Path of Neo (PC); Bet on Soldier (PC)
June 29: Battallion Wars (GC); Odama (GC)
June 30: Act of War (PC); Pariah (PC - $0.01)
***July 1***: Pac-Man World 3 (PC); Conflict Global Terror (PC)

Don't forget that on July 1st GST drops to 6%!

July 2: Viewtiful Joe (PS2); Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC)
July 3: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (NG); The Sims: Bustin' Out (NG - $0.89)
July 4: City of Villains (PC - $9.97); Freedom Force: The 3rd Reich
July 5: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (GC - w/o bongos); Donkey Konga (GC - w/ bongos)
July 6: Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (PC); Operation Shadow (NG - $0.89)
July 7: 187 Ride or Die (PS2); NBA Live 2005 (XB)
July 8: The Matrix: Path of Neo (PC); The Getaway: Black Monday (PS2)

July 9: City of Villains (PC - $9.97); Total Overdose (PC)
July 10: Total Overdose (PC); Ultima Online : Samurai Empire (PC)
July 11: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (GC - w/o bongos); Donkey Konga (GC - w/ bongos)
July 12: American Chopper (XB); Rainbow Six Lockdown (XB)
July 13: 50 Cent Bulletproof (PS2); Pariah (PC - $0.01)
July 14: 50 Cent Bulletproof (PS2/XB)
July 15: Neopets Petpet Adventures: The Wand of Wishing (PSP); 50 Cent Bulletproof (XB)

July 16: 50 Cent Bulletproof (XB); Pariah (PC - $0.01)
July 17: Asheron's Call: Throne of Destiny (PC); Disney's Toontown Online (PC)
July 18: Cold Wars (PC - $7.97); SSX: Out of Bounds (NG - $0.89)
July 19: DK: King of Swing (GBA); Mario Power Tennis (GBA)
July 20: City of Villains (PC - $9.97); The Matrix: Path of Neo (PC - $1.89)
July 21: Need for Speed Underground (XB); Act of War (PC)"

Print, highlight and shop
icon_razz.gif

here's the full list till the end of july

Odama and Battalion Wars don't really interest me for Gamecube. Will there be any more or is that it? Like maybe Metroid Prime, StarFox, or something....

[quote name='beerguy961']Are these new or used only?[/quote]

New only. Used games are having a different sales. Certain games are 2 for $20, other games are 2 for $30, and there are some that are 2 for $40.

I went into the EB Games in Capilano Mall today and they had MLB 06 and The Con up on the counter on sale. Didn't have cash on me so I left them (also I don't have a PSP).

[quote name='eladriano']Does anybody know if the eyetoy games include the eyetoy itself?[/quote]

I don't think so, since it was a regular game box

[quote name='Firestorm']Ugh. Both Metrotown and Pacific Centre were sold out. Should've gone earlier.[/quote]

sold out of what?

Sorry Firestorm... Metrotown only had 1 copy of each (Mario Tennis / DK King of Swing) and I grabbed them both. They had a huge pile of Odama though when that day comes around agian.

Mario Tennis is the one I went for. So it was you >=O! Oh well, I should've checked to see how many MP Pinball they had... I'll call some stores before going next week.

[quote name='Firestorm']Mario Tennis is the one I went for. So it was you >=O! Oh well, I should've checked to see how many MP Pinball they had... I'll call some stores before going next week.[/quote]

If you don't manage to find those at metro or pacific centre, i can see if the oakridge or downtown one has any copies and i can grab it for you and we'll meet up to exchange goods lol :D i just want MP pinball, odama, battallion wars and donkey konga w/ bongos, hopefully no one beats me to'em ;)

Oakridge is actually the closest to me =p They won't give it to us on other day's I'm pretty sure. I remember asking the Metrotown people but they wouldn't give me Battalion Wars =( I'll call around next time and play it safe.

[quote name='maigoyume']If you don't manage to find those at metro or pacific centre, i can see if the oakridge or downtown one has any copies and i can grab it for you and we'll meet up to exchange goods lol :D i just want MP pinball, odama, battallion wars and donkey konga w/ bongos, hopefully no one beats me to'em ;)[/quote]

The Guy at EB told me this week that it wasn't the donkey konga w/bongos that was coming on sale.... and that if it was, the staff would all buy them :(

[quote name='CoffeeMan']The Guy at EB told me this week that it wasn't the donkey konga w/bongos that was coming on sale.... and that if it was, the staff would all buy them :([/quote]

oh what? that sucks, i've been waiting for donkey konga w/ bongos for the LONGEST time, ah well hopefully the guy doesn't know what hes talking about =P

I plan to pick up 1-2 copies of Metroid Pinball, and as many copies of Donkey Konga w/Bongos as I can. The other games I'm not really concerned about, except maybe another Batallion Wars when that day rolls around again. My morning route lets me hit either Metrotown, Brentwood, Oakridge, or Queensborough, but not more than 1-2 of them. Best thing to do is call them the day before and see how many they have, then get there as soon as they open.

Picked me up a copy of Viewtiful Joe 2 today...

Too bad the regular price is $15, so it's only $5 savings =\

Oh well, at least I made sure I got a sealed copy.

[quote name='GameDeals.ca']I plan to pick up 1-2 copies of Metroid Pinball, and as many copies of Donkey Konga w/Bongos as I can. The other games I'm not really concerned about, except maybe another Batallion Wars when that day rolls around again. My morning route lets me hit either Metrotown, Brentwood, Oakridge, or Queensborough, but not more than 1-2 of them. Best thing to do is call them the day before and see how many they have, then get there as soon as they open.[/quote]

thats an awesome idea, btw do you know for sure which locations you'll be going to? because if you go to brentwood and queensborough, i can head to oakridge and metro and grab all the donkey konga w/ bongos i can, and i only want 2 copies, so i can trade you the rest or something

Screw you guys I have a provincial ;_; Then again, I think Bio is at 1:00 PM so I might be able to pick Metroid Prime Pinball before that. Just gotta get up early.

[quote name='Firestorm']Screw you guys I have a provincial ;_; Then again, I think Bio is at 1:00 PM so I might be able to pick Metroid Prime Pinball before that. Just gotta get up early.[/quote]

lol, ah the joy of being out of school and on my day off work =D btw what school do you go to?

[quote name='Firestorm']David Thompson Secondary. Going to SFU Surrey next year.[/quote]

ah that place, a buddy of mine transferred to my school (Eric Hamber) in gr.8, he told me the math there is BRUTAL

I'm all over MP:p tommorow, and Odoma and Battalion Wars on Thursday.

How much is Jungle Beat w/ Bongos....I almost picked up last week at full price.

[quote name='True Kronic']I'm all over MP:p tommorow, and Odoma and Battalion Wars on Thursday.

How much is Jungle Beat w/ Bongos....I almost picked up last week at full price.[/quote]

I believe that it is $20

[quote name='True Kronic']Right on...so I can get Donky Konga w/ bongos & Jungle Beat (w/o bongos) for $30 total?

Awesome. :)[/quote]

I believe you are correct sir =P well + tax anyways

Most of the EB's I went to had a number of copies of Jungle Beat, but I doubt they have many (if any) Donkey Konga's left. Anyways, there weren't any displays/boxes in the ones I went to.

They could be keeping them for themselves...or they could just be in the back.

[quote name='Ramman77']Most of the EB's I went to had a number of copies of Jungle Beat, but I doubt they have many (if any) Donkey Konga's left. Anyways, there weren't any displays/boxes in the ones I went to.

They could be keeping them for themselves...or they could just be in the back.[/quote]
I just gave the oakridge eb a call, turns out its probably only for the game, bongos not included, well thats what the manager said at least. Gonna try the other locations, i'll let you know what i find out.

Edit: nm I just gave the metrotown one a call and the staff person said it DOES come with bongos, but still i wish they would be more clear throughout all the locations, its really annoying when one person tells you something and another denies it

[quote name='True Kronic']Right on...so I can get Donky Konga w/ bongos & Jungle Beat (w/o bongos) for $30 total?

Awesome. :)[/quote]

Apparently the one at pacific centre said that they sold Donkey konga w/ bongoes for $9.89 + tax, so i suppose it would only be $20 total now

so i went to eb today to pick up metroid pinball.

was pretty early in the day, and they hadn't put it up on the display. asked the guy what the game of the day was to comfirm it was the proper day. the guy failed to mention pinball was the game. i saw two on the wall.

went to the other eb, luckily it was only a 2 blocks away. they didn't have any in stock, but the guy told me pinball was the game of the day. went back to the other eb. but the guy had already taken them off the wall. asked him about it, and he sold me one. although i think he sold me a used copy, in the full price display case they have. but whatever, i'm not selling it, i'm using it.

so if u see it on the wall. just grab it! and if i were staff at eb, i would want them too. 10$ for metroid pinball is a steal. so i forgive you.

edit: i think its used, but the high scores are all default.

It's not used. EB just sucks. I hate how they stick those horrible price tags directly on the case. It's hard as hell to take off. I just phoned Oakridge, they have 4 copies of Metroid Prime Pinball. I need to get it, but I need to do my exam. I'll probably rush there afterwards or get a friend to go for me... However, he wants the game too x_x

There is a fair possibility it's used. I've heard stories of people buying "new" games from EB and getting saved files on them already.

Personally, before this deal, the last time I shopped at EB was like 3 years ago. I bought a "new" copy of Paper Mario for N64, and when I got home it had a saved file on it and the manual/game obviously look "used".

Even disc games sometimes are screwed up. Some EB stores allow employees to sign games out and borrow them, then they return them and sell them as gutted "new" copies. They even sometimes re-seal them with the wrapping machine they have in the back room. Other times you have clumsy employees that scratch up the disc just by taking them out of the crap sleeve they keep in their drawers.

Never had a problem with getting a used game they were claiming to be new from them. Occasionally you will get their last copy of a game which has the case on display so you will get the sticker on that.

I have heard that EB reseal in the US a lot though so it is possible that some locations in Canada do it as well. But really it is stupid for them to do it. If they sell a used copy claiming it is new then the company that made the game would get the money or could sue them if they didn't and found out. While when they sell used games EB get all the money from that.

-------------

Anyway, glad I checked this forum. Knew they had all the 2 for $20, $30 etc. sales but wasn't aware of this sale. One location I called was clueless about the sale so I called another location but they were sold out. Decided to call back to the first location to see if they still had the game and then if they did was going to get them to hold it and then when I went to pick it up call the other location to confirm the sale. But the person must have talked to a manager or something because they knew what I was talking about the second time and I think they still have Metroid Prime Pinball so they are holding a copy. But the person I was talking to really didn't sound so sure what game it was and was all confused so who knows what I might end up getting :lol:

-------------

Was lookin through the list and does anybody know if the Pariah for $0.01 on PC is a deal you get if you buy any other PC game like the Xbox version was?

Well now I remember why I dislike EB so much, besides their rip off prices, gutted games, used games, ripoff trade-ins etc. Anyways, today I went to grab metroid prime pinball from Oakridge, turns out that even though I told them to hold a copy for me, they didn't, so when I got there, low and behold, they were sold out. Lets just say I wasn't exactly ecstatic. However, the guy I was talking to wasn't the one I had spoken to on the phone, so I didn't bother getting pissed off. However, after the $9.89 sale is over, I will never go to EB again and that is a promise.

No offense, but I hate people asking employees to hold games for them.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want other people asking them to reserve a copy a month, a week, or even a few days ahead of time...if people can't be bothered to go there first thing in the morning, then they shouldn't be guaranteed a copy. If they can't make it, switch their schedules around or ask someone else to pick it up. If none of those work, tough.

I thought employees weren't supposed to reserve copies anyways?

IMO, it should be first-come, first-serve, limited to one copy per customer.

PS. I also hate people that buy more than one copy for the purpose of re-selling on Ebay or trading it in for more money.

[quote name='Ramman77']No offense, but I hate people asking employees to hold games for them.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want other people asking them to reserve a copy a month, a week, or even a few days ahead of time...if people can't be bothered to go there first thing in the morning, then they shouldn't be guaranteed a copy. If they can't make it, switch their schedules around or ask someone else to pick it up. If none of those work, tough.

I thought employees weren't supposed to reserve copies anyways?

IMO, it should be first-come, first-serve, limited to one copy per customer.

PS. I also hate people that buy more than one copy for the purpose of re-selling on Ebay or trading it in for more money.[/quote]
Asking them to hold a game is available to everyone. Besides, sometimes people are busy with work (me for example) and the place doesn't open early enough and they have limited stock. Its not like I'm cheating someone out of a copy by planning ahead. Employees probably reserve at their own discretion, regardless of store policy. I agree with your limited to one copy per customer. First come, first serve is a bit........hmm i can't put my finger on the word. However, in this day and age, people usually pre-order and hold games, so that they are able to get them, even if they're preoccupied. Well those are my thoughts at least. In response to the last part of your comment, some people run gaming stores, and this is how they do it, by finding great deals and then selling them at a higher price. Thats the business world for you. Of course you're entitled to your opinion, and this is mine. If you have anything to say, feel free.

I understand that people have jobs and school, but there are ways around that. I personally exchanged my shift with a coworker so I can hit the stores as early as possible on sale date. With the limited amount of copies, I personally find it unfair for someone to be guaranteed a copy while others dedicate themselves running around different stores to find a copy. Also, what happens when people ask employees to hold games, but end up not showing up?

As for the last point about people buying copies to resell, there is usually nothing wrong with it. However, in this instance, where there are so few copies, it really ruins it for everyone that want to try the game and have their own copy when someone goes and buys out all 5 of the games that are left. It's fine with me if people want to buy 2, or maybe 3 copies for their friends/family, but when someone tries to buy out as much as they can to resell it, it ruins it for everyone else.

Well anyways, like you said, we each have different opinions on the issue. Glad you agree with the limited copies per customer deal though. ;)

If they were letting people go in when the deal started and pre-order a copy for every day then it would be one thing but they are only letting people call on the day of the sale to hold on to a copy. Most people will not have ways to get out of having to be at work or something that might keep them from getting it. While like maigoyume said everybody can call a store to hold a copy. So I would say calling to hold it is a lot more fair. And the way I see it with how much money I spend at EB since I buy pretty much all my games their I deserve to get a good deal over somebody who never shops their and is only going to go their to try to get a cheap game and then go back to shopping somewhere else.

I am going to call first thing in the morning for every game I want since I wouldn't be able to go until the night. Last night when I first found out about this I had them hold Metroid Prime Pinball and when I got to the store they still had two copies anyway. Then they still had Resurrection of Evil sitting their which they let me get as well. They are only supposed to be allowing you to get one of the two GOTD choices with a one copy limit. Which doesn't sound like most stores are enforcing the one copy per game limit which is probably why I was able to go at night and still get both games yesterday while other stores are selling out early. So I do agree that stores should be enforcing the one copy limit. But I am glad they will allow you to get both deals of the day even though they are not supposed to. Missed Battalion Wars and Odama the first time so I would have to get both on the same day now.

Anyway, these are my plans and already purchased. Some of the games are not the greatest but I collect so for the price they are good enough ;)

June 28: Bet on Soldier (PC)
June 29: Battallion Wars (Gamecube); Odama (Gamecube)

June 30: Pariah (PC - $0.01) (Maybe. You probably need to buy another game to get it for that price so I would likely pass unless I decide to get Titan's Quest.)
July 1: Conflict Global Terror (PC)
July 4: Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich (PC)
July 5: Donkey Konga (Gamecube)
July 8: The Matrix: Path of Neo (PC) (I could probably get it on the 28th but if they enforce the rule about only one of the GOTD choices then I will get it on this day.)

July 10: Total Overdose (PC)
July 14: 50 Cent Bulletproof (Xbox)
July 15: Neopets Petpet Adventures: The Wand of Wishing (PSP)
July 18: Cold War (PC - $7.97)

I called EB and the woman said first-come-first-serve for me =/ I asked my friend to go down and get it and he left two hours later, sold out. Ugh. The problem is Ramman77, I can't "exchange shifts" for exams. Kinda annoyed seeing as other stores seem to be holding games for people without a problem -.-;

[quote name='Firestorm']I called EB and the woman said first-come-first-serve for me =/ I asked my friend to go down and get it and he left two hours later, sold out. Ugh. The problem is Ramman77, I can't "exchange shifts" for exams. Kinda annoyed seeing as other stores seem to be holding games for people without a problem -.-;[/quote]

I have work, and i wish i could exchange my shifts with other people, but i'm not exactly in a great position to be doing so (haven't been working there for very long) not to mention that when I did ask them to hold a game for me, they didn't. However, I did ask my friend to get it, and.................he slept in =.= and was late for HIS work and didn't get MP pinball.

By the way, just wondering, how are they even supposed to know who they reserved the game for? Do they write down your info (name, number,etc)?

If not, what's stopping everyone from just saying, "Oh, I called earlier and reserved it already."

[quote name='Ramman77']By the way, just wondering, how are they even supposed to know who they reserved the game for? Do they write down your info (name, number,etc)?

If not, what's stopping everyone from just saying, "Oh, I called earlier and reserved it already."[/quote]

I left my name with them, but the guy never even asked for it, so I'm not exactly sure.

bread's done
Back