Eddie Guerrero's wrestling topic (RIP 1967 - 2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, memories of the Owen Tribute show are flashing back to me... all of the wrestler's bits where they said something about Owen were really sad, but I think what really got to me that night was when they put up Owen's picture, Austin came down, saluted him with a beer and then just left it alone in an empty ring.

[quote name='Scorch']I was okay with Benoit's statement until he completely broke down.. that was one of the hardest things to see..[/QUOTE]

I was the same way until Triple H broke down

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']Why is everyone so upset by this? I don't follow wrestling so forgive my ignorance, but was he a really important guy?[/QUOTE]

yea he was important

Having Regal in a match this late in the card is very fitting for an Eddie tribute show, I feel, as it was less than 3 years ago that Regal himself was knocking on death's door. Plus Regal had that long battle with an addiction to pain killers.

To this day I don't think anyone can fully make sense of the Mama Cita storyline, although it did get Eddie over infront of the WWE crowd; however, I strongly feel that eventually Eddie's internal charisma would've made him a star regardless of what angle the writers came up with for him.

Ha! This has probably been a dream match up for the WWE creative staff for quite some time now, Orton vs Cena! Hell this could've headlined WM, very nice selection for the main event of the Eddie tribute show.

The WWE did a good job putting this together IMO. Seeing all these big guys crying really gets to you.
They just showed when Eddie was with Chyna and pinned her when she was all dazed and said he was sorry he won her belt, while hugging her he gave that sneaky smile. :lol: I will remember moments like that.
RIP Eddie.

Great show. I don't think they could've put together anything so well in such short time. The pain for Eddie's family, friends and fans has to be eased knowing that he is so well loved and respected.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']For some reason seeing Triple H crying, man that was nearly too much[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Man, this Raw was hard to watch. It felt like every couple of minutes I had a tear coming down my face.

Some biographies on Eddie say that he has 3 daughters while others say he has 2, can anyone clear this up? I'm assuming one is either his wife's or his from a previous marriage, but I'd like to know what the actual story is here.

e1.jpg

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Some biographies on Eddie say that he has 3 daughters while others say he has 2, can anyone clear this up? I'm assuming one is either his wife's or his from a previous marriage, but I'd like to know what the actual story is here.[/QUOTE]

A lot of the wrestlers were saying 3 names besides his wifes.

Eddie does have 3 daughters. The oldest is about 15, and the youngest is 2 or 3 years old.

Boy, that was a tough RAW to watch. Being with you guys in the chat remembering Eddie made it a bit less painful, though.

When Chris Benoit broke down, I had to turn off the headset for a minute. It really got to me.

Also, when Stephanie mentioned all the people Eddie loved... it made me think:

Eddie's mother is going to have to bury her son. It's always painful for a parent to outlive one of their children... :cry:

Is anyone going to watch that Eddie special tomorrow on... I believe it was... MSNBC? Maybe we could watch that together... if not, we'll at least get to check out SmackDown! on Friday.

Also, don't forget... Bret Hart DVD in stores tomorrrow, and Bret's on Byte This! Wednesday...

To anyone who is talented with PhotoShop, etc. (Maybe OTM could help with this...)

I had some pictures in my head earlier today, and maybe someone could help me realize them and make them into a sig:

1. Eddie on the turnbuckles in that pose like the first picture I uploaded.

2. Eddie in the air during a frog splash.

I'd like to see both of those with some angel wings on them. I think that'd be nice...

Well, my brother is getting ready to watch RAW from tonight. I better go watch it with him; I don't know how he'll handle it. Eddie was a favorite of his, too.

Later, friends.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I may have to use that as my avatar for awhile... assuming the re-size still looks decent.[/QUOTE]
Looks alright.
e1copy8xe.gif

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I may have to use that as my avatar for awhile... assuming the re-size still looks decent.[/QUOTE]

Would probably be better suited as a sig.

[quote name='zewone']Looks alright.
e1copy8xe.gif
[/QUOTE]

Ya doesn't look too bad, I'd have re-sized it myself but for some reason my photoshop isn't working properly... just like every other damn thing with this computer. Probably would be best as a sig though, but Scorch already had plans for that.

[quote name='Stink_Pickle']
56_1_b.JPG

d9_2.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Someone's been searching ebay.

//edit: Nah. I cropped it myself and used it as an avatar.

Raw just started for us west coast CAGers and it was pretty hard for me not to shed a tear when they showed the tribute video. I have a feeling it's gonna get harder as Raw goes on.

GameTrailers.com has a Smackdown vs. Raw 06 review up.. it's great, and according to the on-screen popup.. it's quite playable on XBox Live..

(I realize that it's a PS2 game. In the video review, a thing pops up when he's talking about the online mode and says XBox Live.)

//edit: They just said Teddy Long is killed at the start of a season mode. I highly doubt that's the case. Do these people even play the game they're reviewing?

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Oh man, memories of the Owen Tribute show are flashing back to me... all of the wrestler's bits where they said something about Owen were really sad, but I think what really got to me that night was when they put up Owen's picture, Austin came down, saluted him with a beer and then just left it alone in an empty ring.[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what broke me down on that show. Sad sad sad. I taped raw and havent had the guts to watch it yet.

[quote name='TheRock88']Raw just started for us west coast CAGers and it was pretty hard for me not to shed a tear when they showed the tribute video. I have a feeling it's gonna get harder as Raw goes on.[/QUOTE]

But your Stacy sig makes everything better for me. God i love her.

[quote name='Scorch']Someone's been searching ebay.

//edit: Nah. I cropped it myself and used it as an avatar.[/QUOTE]

Im lazy when it comes to looking for decent pics and since i figured there would be profiteers on ebay and I found those two pics that i thought looked really nice for the thread.

[quote name='Stink_Pickle']Im lazy when it comes to looking for decent pics and since i figured there would be profiteers on ebay and I found those two pics that i thought looked really nice for the thread.[/QUOTE]

I liked it enough to put it in my sig. Benoit and Guerrero, 2 wrestlers (NOT sports entertainers), at the biggest event of the year as the 2 top champions in the business was the pinnacle for me being a wrestling fan.

[quote name='Deadpool']But your Stacy sig makes everything better for me. God i love her.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of... where was she tonight for the diva battle royal?

[quote name='neocisco']I liked it enough to put it in my sig. Benoit and Guerrero, 2 wrestlers (NOT sports entertainers), at the biggest event of the year as the 2 top champions in the business was the pinnacle for me being a wrestling fan.[/QUOTE]

Weak quality it is but its good enough to get the point across and let the memory live.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Is the Taboo Tuesday DVD worth $13.48? I was just going to grab the Eddie and Bret DVDs when I saw that one...[/QUOTE]

I just started watching that today. I've only watched the first match, Hardy and Mysterio vs. Masters and Snitsky, and, surprisingly, it was actually pretty decent. Snitsky did blow a spot, though (what a shock). Hardy tried to superplex him and Snitsky didn't jump from the ropes. He ended up landing on Hardy but, fortunately, he didn't hurt him. Hardy rolled over and had a disgusted look on his face. Snitsky has to be the worst worker in the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back