Eddie Guerrero's wrestling topic (RIP 1967 - 2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of injuries...

I remember during the last years of WCW, Sid Vicious jumped off the turnbuckles and landed on his leg, but his knee broke when he landed. They showed the slow motion replay close to 20 times, which showed his shin going at an unnatural 90 degree angle as his bodyweight came down on it.

Anybody know the story on this? It seemed weird that they would show the replay so many times for a real injury (how would you fake something like this?).

[quote name='evilmax17']Speaking of injuries...

I remember during the last years of WCW, Sid Vicious jumped off the turnbuckles and landed on his leg, but his knee broke when he landed. They showed the slow motion replay close to 20 times, which showed his shin going at an unnatural 90 degree angle as his bodyweight came down on it.

Anybody know the story on this? It seemed weird that they would show the replay so many times for a real injury (how would you fake something like this?).[/QUOTE]

Not much story to it. It was real as real can be. Why they showed it over and over I don't know.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Not much story to it. It was real as real can be. Why they showed it over and over I don't know.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Sid was the most injure prone human being I have ever known of. How was his recovery on that one?

I just got home from some errands. I was at Best Buy buying a gift for my mother, and I passed by the wrestling DVD aisle. There was some white-trash punk with a wrestling shirt on who was throwing around all the wrestling DVDs on the floor.

His mother had a stack of DVDs tucked under her arm, and they were titles featuring Eddie and with Eddie on the cover, such as No Way Out 2004.

"C'mon, mom! It's called 'Cheating Death, Stealing Life.'"

"I'm not looking through any more of this shit! Order it online!"

"But I need to get it already so I can put it on eBay tonight and make some money!"

It took a lot of courage not to go and knock that kid's teeth out. How can you profit from someone's death like that? I can understand if the kid wanted to maybe grab a copy of Eddie's DVD and give the auction funds to a charity in Eddie's name... but it was plain and simple that this kid wanted to make some quick cash. Makes me sick...

Seeing how the jackals were out in full force, I headed over to Toys R Us and bought Eddie's WCW figure. I had been meaning to do that for a long time, and pick up the Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit WCW figures, too, so I figured I should grab Eddie's before some money-hungry people did. Mullet-heel Eddie was my favorite Eddie personality, so I'm glad I have his figure now. :)

I still can't believe he's gone, though...

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I don't recall Sid wrestling after that, but I think his leg healed up ok.[/QUOTE]

I hear he still has to walk with a cane to this day because of that injury.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']
Seeing how the jackals were out in full force, I headed over to Toys R Us and bought Eddie's WCW figure. I had been meaning to do that for a long time, and pick up the Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit WCW figures, too, so I figured I should grab Eddie's before some money-hungry people did. Mullet-heel Eddie was my favorite Eddie personality, so I'm glad I have his figure now. :)

I still can't believe he's gone, though...[/QUOTE]

Nice to see that Eddie figure will be in the possession of someone who wants it, and doesn't want to ebay it.

it still hasn't set in with me that eddie is gone. I mean, i know this sounds harsh, but i actually looked online for proof that his was some kind of really really big work by the WWE to shock people, be stupid, etc.

I still remember when he showed up with Perry Saturn, Dean Malenko, and Benoit the night he dislocated his elbow.

R.I.P. Eddie Guererro, quite possibly the greatest Mexican American wrestler of all time. Goodbye, you were one of my favs.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I just got home from some errands. I was at Best Buy buying a gift for my mother, and I passed by the wrestling DVD aisle. There was some white-trash punk with a wrestling shirt on who was throwing around all the wrestling DVDs on the floor.

His mother had a stack of DVDs tucked under her arm, and they were titles featuring Eddie and with Eddie on the cover, such as No Way Out 2004.

"C'mon, mom! It's called 'Cheating Death, Stealing Life.'"

"I'm not looking through any more of this shit! Order it online!"

"But I need to get it already so I can put it on eBay tonight and make some money!"

It took a lot of courage not to go and knock that kid's teeth out. How can you profit from someone's death like that? I can understand if the kid wanted to maybe grab a copy of Eddie's DVD and give the auction funds to a charity in Eddie's name... but it was plain and simple that this kid wanted to make some quick cash. Makes me sick...

I still can't believe he's gone, though...[/QUOTE]

TRU priced that at $7.99, no way I will pay that much..

On a side note, DAMN IT! I made three stops today looking for that damn Eddie Guerrero DVD. I want to get it before prices spike. I'm not planning on reselling it, I want it for the collection. I saw the No Way Out DVD, but there was no way I was paying $18.99 for it.

And also, please, if you have XBox Live, get in the Raw chat tonight. I don't care if Monday Night Football is on, I don't care if blah blah blah is on, watch Raw, share memories, etc. From what I heard, they abandon all storylines and just wrestle tonight, so it should be good.. well, as good as good can be, considering the circumstances.

[quote name='jpuma1']it still hasn't set in with me that eddie is gone. I mean, i know this sounds harsh, but i actually looked online for proof that his was some kind of really really big work by the WWE to shock people, be stupid, etc.

I still remember when he showed up with Perry Saturn, Dean Malenko, and Benoit the night he dislocated his elbow.

R.I.P. Eddie Guererro, quite possibly the greatest Mexican American wrestler of all time. Goodbye, you were one of my favs.[/QUOTE]

I think a whole lot of people wish that were true.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']nuts to that, I just caught the end of the interview[/QUOTE]

It was pretty quick. They pretty much just said that tonight's RAW will be a tribute to Eddie.

And also, please, if you have XBox Live, get in the Raw chat tonight. I don't care if Monday Night Football is on, I don't care if blah blah blah is on, watch Raw, share memories, etc. From what I heard, they abandon all storylines and just wrestle tonight, so it should be good.. well, as good as good can be, considering the circumstances.

Gregory Helms commented, he made it short and sweet.

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero

Yesterday the wrestling world lost one of it's finest and brightest stars. Eddie Guerrero was one of those rare few that was admired and respected by everyone in the entire industry. From fans to friends to peers, universally, Eddie was regarded as simply one of the absolute best! I was honored to have worked in the ring with him and I'm humbled at this loss. My thoughts and sympathies go out to his family, and my love goes out to my presonal friends Chavo, Rey and Juvi, who along with Malenko, Benoit and Jericho knew Eddie the best of all. R.I.P. Eddie! You will be missed!

[quote name='Scorch']TRU priced that at $7.99, no way I will pay that much..

On a side note, DAMN IT! I made three stops today looking for that damn Eddie Guerrero DVD. I want to get it before prices spike. I'm not planning on reselling it, I want it for the collection. I saw the No Way Out DVD, but there was no way I was paying $18.99 for it.

And also, please, if you have XBox Live, get in the Raw chat tonight. I don't care if Monday Night Football is on, I don't care if blah blah blah is on, watch Raw, share memories, etc. From what I heard, they abandon all storylines and just wrestle tonight, so it should be good.. well, as good as good can be, considering the circumstances.[/QUOTE]

If you really want the figure, I'll see what I can do.

I went looking for the DVD for you, but it seems like the jackals got to them already. Your best bet would be DDD, as Guyver mentioned. If you'd rather have the DVD, I'll order it for you later this week when I get paid. Consider it a gift. :)

On a bit of a happier note...

I know that all of you are aware that in a matter of hours, the Bret Hart DVD set will be on store shelves... :D

I can't wait to see it...

I'm happy that the DVD set is reality now. I was afraid that Bret would be dead before we ever got this set. I still hope that he makes at least one final appearance on WWE TV... at a RAW show, Hall of Fame, or whatever. I know that Byte This! is this Wednesday, but still...

I don't want Bret to be gone before we get to see him one last time where he belongs... in the WWE.

[quote name='Scorch']And also, please, if you have XBox Live, get in the Raw chat tonight. I don't care if Monday Night Football is on, I don't care if blah blah blah is on, watch Raw, share memories, etc. From what I heard, they abandon all storylines and just wrestle tonight, so it should be good.. well, as good as good can be, considering the circumstances.

Gregory Helms commented, he made it short and sweet.[/QUOTE]

As long as that chat stays intelligent I'll try to be there. I'm not in the mood for comedy routines tonight. To be honest this is something I'd rather watch in silence if for no other reason than to hear the comments from the wrestlers.

If anything this should be a constant reminder to everyone to cherish the time you have with your family and friends, especially with the holidays approaching, because you just never know when someone's number is up.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']If anything this should be a constant reminder to everyone to cherish the time you have with your family and friends, especially with the holidays approaching, because you just never know when someone's number is up.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking similar thoughts last night. Just simple things that we take for granted, like going for a walk and taking in the scenery, singing along to our favorite songs while stuck in traffic, etc. Those are things that Eddie will never be able to enjoy again, and the same thing could happen to any of us.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']As long as that chat stays intelligent I'll try to be there. I'm not in the mood for comedy routines tonight. To be honest this is something I'd rather watch in silence if for no other reason than to hear the comments from the wrestlers.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine anyone trying to make any jokes about what's happening. If anything, the only laughter we would get tonight is from sharing favorite Eddie memories, or seeing classic Eddie moments on TV... but even then, it might be difficult to enjoy those moments at this time.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Well finally some insensitive prick stepped forward and said something negative about Eddie's death:

This douchebag is a radio host for ESPN

you can call ESPN at 860-766-2000

I won't watch anything on ESPN until this guy is taken off the air.[/QUOTE]

I signed the petition to fire him, the peice of shit.

Well I went and got a blank videotape, I doubt I'll ever be able to bring myself to watch the Eddie shows again, but you never know, maybe next November 13th I'll watch them to remember Eddie.

Alright, under 120 seconds until Raw.. got the kleenex ready, haha. Just me and X in the Raw chat, you bastards should join.. especially you, Guile, you've been absent for months!

[quote name='mykevermin']Wow. That's one poorly written petition.[/QUOTE]

Most petitions are pointless IMO. They had to shut down the phone number that people were calling into and that will be more effective than any petition anyway. They have had thousands of angry calls. We will see what Colin does tomorrow.

The only thing about the sound clip that bothers me is that Colin repeatedly says he doesn't watch wrestling, yet he feels educated enough to comment on Eddie. To be honest the whole clip wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it was still insensitive. The arrogance of radio personalities, regardless of the type of show, never ceases to amaze me.

Here we go. Ahh I don't like these funeral Raws.

No tape for me.. i'm going to download it later.. downloaded copies last longer :D

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Most petitions are pointless IMO. They had to shut down the phone number that people were calling into and that will be more effective than any petition anyway. They have had thousands of angry calls. We will see what Colin does tomorrow.

The only thing about the sound clip that bothers me is that Colin repeatedly says he doesn't watch wrestling, yet he feels educated enough to comment on Eddie. To be honest the whole clip wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it was still insensitive. The arrogance of radio personalities, regardless of the type of show, never ceases to amaze me.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, that's what most radio "shock jocks" and other on-air personalities feel they have to do to gain/retain listeners. Honestly, if they get a big reaction, it only proves that there are folks out there actually listening to their garbage.

Well, I cried. HE was so young.

Just seeing people like Big Show and Triple H crying did it for me. And that Cash song...

Man. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back