Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion 5th Annivesary Edition - $29.99, $10 off Skyrim + guide

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
oblivion-anniversary2.jpg
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion 5th Annivesary Edition
[IMG-L=5838]22778[/IMG-L] [IMG-L=5838]22779[/IMG-L]

image credit

Contents:

• Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Edition (includes Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles DLC)
  • $10 off coupon for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (can be used at any retailer)
  • Collector's Edition content (map, making of DVD, trailer for Skyrim)
  • Steelbook case and slip cover
  • There will be 200,000 units made, so it is limited
Release date: June 28, 2011 for PS3, 360, and PC

Amazon
:360: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition
:ps3: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what I and ssjmichael were really getting at is that SteelBook is a brand name not a common noun.
The Oblivion release, and RE5 for that matter, ARE SteelBooks.
Whether the quality has dipped wasn't really the point of the initial discussion.

What really gets a lot of diehard SteelBook collectors riled up is lumping the collectible metal case imitators out there all into one category (e.g.: IronPack, MetalPack...) and I think that's what some of us got out of your postings.

[quote name='hellboypi']I think what I and ssjmichael were really getting at is that SteelBook is a brand name not a common noun.
The Oblivion release, and RE5 for that matter, ARE SteelBooks.
Whether the quality has dipped wasn't really the point of the initial discussion.

What really gets a lot of diehard SteelBook collectors riled up is lumping the collectible metal case imitators out there all into one category (e.g.: IronPack, MetalPack...) and I think that's what some of us got out of your postings.[/QUOTE]

No I understand that, I knew it was an official steelbook, but Was just dissapointed so i felt like it wasnt up to steelbook standard, So perhaps I worded it wrong in my initial post about it. Thank god it isnt a metalpack or ironpack. Thats seriously what I think of when I feel the Resident Evil 5 Steelbook though, sheesh lol. Some are just really bad, while others are top notch. Oblivion kind of lands right in the middle somewhere.

I was interested in having this on PS3 finally (have some kind of deluxe game of the year edition off steam but i'd rather not spend another week and a half downloading it) and the $10 coupon really pushed me on it.
Until you read the fine print,
UPC from this game (meh, plastic sleeve, not a tragedy)
UPC from Skyrim (not a plastic sleeve, thats bunk)
UPC from the guide (i won't cut up magazines, certainly won't defile a guide)
This reciept, reciept from Skyrim and guide on same ticket at full price (what about preorders, pay off over a set time period, still come up as a regular full price reciept?).
and mail it all in with the special coupon (not really a coupon, an obligation) and wait a couple months for $10 on a visa gift card.
We may all be cheapass gamers but who will under go that much crap/game mutilation just to risk a high chance of the company denying it for some red tape loophole?!

There are shorter quests in this damn game that reward alot more than 10 gold

so i ended up getting this free. the manual from the first game was alot thicker/better/more info. but the package is pretty cool. same map i had from goty, but i like the shiny case. peace

bread's done
Back