Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion 5th Annivesary Edition - $29.99, $10 off Skyrim + guide

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
oblivion-anniversary2.jpg
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion 5th Annivesary Edition
[IMG-L=5838]22778[/IMG-L] [IMG-L=5838]22779[/IMG-L]

image credit

Contents:

• Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Edition (includes Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles DLC)
  • $10 off coupon for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (can be used at any retailer)
  • Collector's Edition content (map, making of DVD, trailer for Skyrim)
  • Steelbook case and slip cover
  • There will be 200,000 units made, so it is limited
Release date: June 28, 2011 for PS3, 360, and PC

Amazon
:360: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition
:ps3: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, id like to grab this since Im grabbing Skyrim and never really play Oblivion. I may wait tho. There was a vanilla Oblivion at BBV for $14.99. Should have grabbed the damn thing.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']So, does anybody know the REAL release date? Amazon shows June 30th, and Gamestop says July 12th.[/QUOTE]

Bethesda officially says July 12th. I'm sure Amazon will update shortly

[quote name='RAD5brandon']^ why do any of you care about any of it? Oblivion was a masterpiece, albeit a one that technology wasn't caught up to. I may or may not get the anniversary edition because I have already sank an ungodly amount of time into it, but achievements and trophies are meaningless. It's the experiences that count.[/QUOTE]
Trophies provide another opportunity to experience the game in a different light.

I already have the game. I would play it again for trophies.

[quote name='flix1']Trophies provide another opportunity to experience the game in a different light.

I already have the game. I would play it again for trophies.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I played everything but a couple missions and would probably break for achievements on the KOTN DLC but it doesn't even look like its included.

[quote name='Paladinion']Because some people are that shallow[/QUOTE]
No, you just like making assumptions. I feel like I've explained this a million times, but here goes again...

I've already put hundreds of hours into Oblivion on 360 and PC. If the PS3 version had trophies added to it then that would be all the excuse I need to buy it again. But without trophies... I'll just play the PC version.

I traded in my Oblivion GOTY for $24 this week. The steelbook, DVD, and Skyrim coupon are worth the ~$10 I lose out on by exchanging IMO.

No trophies is a massive disappointment though.

i just have too many games and backlog to deal with games that don't have tropheis, especially games iv already played. here's one preorder canceled.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So no trophies has been confirmed or are we still under the assumption the back of the box is wrong?[/QUOTE]

yeah its been confirmed, there will be no added trophy support

[quote name='Brother Daz']yeah its been confirmed, there will be no added trophy support[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I guess that's $30 saved then. I'll just get the 360 version and finish off my game I started 5 years ago.

i just have too many games and backlog to deal with games that don't have tropheis, especially games iv already played. here's one preorder canceled.

Tell you what... lets exchange PSN IDs and whenever you complete some silly grind, like talking to fifty female NPCs in a row, just let me know and I'll message you back with some witty phrase like "Looking to score a peace of asskatosh." There you go, irrational need satisfied.

Hmm I was really considering this if it had trophy support. Oh well.
I have UC2 GoTY from BBY and GTA 4 Complete coming from Amazon next week :D

[quote name='iamsmart']Tell you what... lets exchange PSN IDs and whenever you complete some silly grind, like talking to fifty female NPCs in a row, just let me know and I'll message you back with some witty phrase like "Looking to score a peace of asskatosh." There you go, irrational need satisfied.[/QUOTE]

Gold.

[quote name='iamsmart']Tell you what... lets exchange PSN IDs and whenever you complete some silly grind, like talking to fifty female NPCs in a row, just let me know and I'll message you back with some witty phrase like "Looking to score a peace of asskatosh." There you go, irrational need satisfied.[/QUOTE]

If this is how trophies worked; I would totally try a lot harder to get them. :applause:

How big of an issue is the vampirism bug? Is it real easy to avoid vampirism?

Am debating whether to get it for 360 or ps3... I save often in these types of games, so I am leaning towards ps3, even with the vampire bug.

[quote name='Kaoz']How big of an issue is the vampirism bug? Is it real easy to avoid vampirism?

Am debating whether to get it for 360 or ps3... I save often in these types of games, so I am leaning towards ps3, even with the vampire bug.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure it's guaranteed you're going to get it at some point.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']pretty sure it's guaranteed you're going to get it at some point.[/QUOTE]
I have the GOTY, and bought a cheap copy of the regular edition just to be able to get around the issue.

""""""""""^ why do any of you care about any of it? Oblivion was a masterpiece, albeit a one that technology wasn't caught up to. I may or may not get the anniversary edition because I have already sank an ungodly amount of time into it, but achievements and trophies are meaningless. It's the experiences that count."""""""""

I agree with that poster. I, personally, don't care less about my "e-dick" as I have heard it referred to before, haha. However, I can totally understand if getting trophies and achievements are your thing, unfortunately, they just aren't mine.....yet.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']pretty sure it's guaranteed you're going to get it at some point.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sucks. Guess I should go Xbox since I don't want to have to go buy a second copy of the game just to get around that ... At least the 360 version is in my quick picks today so I can get a bit of a discount.

i got the goty edition again with the gamestop b2g1f, just so you know im legit and still play good games even without trophy support ;) just didnt want to pay extra for some fluff

[quote name='Saix_XIII']How do you figure Black Friday is 11-11-11??[/QUOTE]

He probably meant it comes out before black friday so he'll wait til black friday. I think.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']The $10 coupon will not be usable at online retailers correct?[/QUOTE]

Might be a possibility, according to the Bethesda Blog it is a $10 mail-in rebate, will just have to see the fine print if they have to be purchased together.

Hoping it will work with online retailers and that some deals come about for Skyrim before it ships (gc bonus, etc.)

It's a mail-in rebate. You get a $10 prepaid visa card. You need the UPC codes from Skyrim, Strategy guide and Oblivion 5th anniversary. Says the price of Skyrim must be at least $59.89

So... they require you to cut out the UPC codes?

Does the 5th Anni steelbook even have something you can cut out? Either way, if that's how it works I'm not gonna open my copy up. What a bunch of crap.

Indeed. I wish I had known about this before selling my minty, bought new by me copy of the GOTY version. I mean, I'll still get and play the 5th anniversary one, but I'll be passing on the coupon so that's $10 I don't get back.

Cut out of all 3, yeah. And the deal is only valid from 11-11 to 12-11. Kinda sucks if something goes wrong with the game, you can't return it because they want your original receipt as well.

Yeah, it has a plastic slip cover that has the normal cover art and upc code.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Shit, I'm not gonna cut apart 3 great collector's items.[/QUOTE]
Screw that. they want the 3 UPCs raped from the collector's items and skyrim has to be >$59.89.

Might as well wait for a sale or price drop on those. I'm pretty sure the savings will be >$10 back in your pocket instead of a prepaid visa card. Some retailers must have a discount > $10 soon after release at that time of the year!

wow, i didn't know you had to cut the UPCs for this deal. I probably will just pass on the guide, i like figuring things out on my own but might get it due to the scope of the games. I broke down and got the guide for Fallout 3 to find the rest of the quests and such.

Haha. This product is a sham. You'd figure that they'd include every piece of DLC with a "5th Anniversary" edition, which they don't.

It's basically a bunch of little extra DLC things which add minor gameplay stuff like new dungeons, items, item drops and new locations like a wizard's tower that gives ability to enchant items without joining the mages guild. In my opinion that is the big one since it really seems like a fundamental gameplay aspect that was available in Morrowind without joining any guilds in game.

Plus the horse armor. They just CAN'T include that.

It's a real shame. If they had included all that little stuff in there I probably would have bit on this. Honestly how many people are actually buying these little things per month? Most people don't even know about them.

Why have this version without them? It makes no sense. Unless whoever was put in charge of putting this together is just lazy.

Well it has an extra disk that is labeled bonus materials. So there could be more than just the 2 expansion packs, doubtful but still. I'll check it out in a bit.

I cancelled my Amazon PS3 order of this.

A repackaged GOTY that still has the HORRIBLE Vampire Cure bug, no trophies and Bethesda said they're not patching it? Nothankyou.

BTW, the "Vampire Cure" workaround is a nightmare. Track down a non GOTY disc and buggily-trash progress in Shivering Isles?! What the heck?!

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Vampire_Cure#PS3_GotY_Vampirism_Cure_Notes

Patch the freaking game, guys. Sticking w/ my 360 GOTY (which I'm playing right now).

FYI for those of you that care: The PS3 Slipcover over the steelbook is the ugly ass red GH Label. The guy at my gamestop showed them to me on friday. The xbox version doesn't have the PH label or anything. I wonder why they did it to one of them and not both

You know I'm a whore for steel cases just as much as the next man, but I've got to say to the summary of this thread. Like just before the release of every popular game, they try and bolster sales of the previously made ones, makes sense, and for those who never played, can get caught up on a series, quick, and for cheap.

However some qualms:
Contents:

• Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Edition (includes Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles DLC)
Same thing everyone else has currently, and has played. No new content. No bug fixes. No updates. No sweet mods.

• $10 off coupon for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (can be used at any retailer)
As pointed out earlier it requieres the purchase of the game guide. Nice if you planned to already, not if you didn't. And for a uber prima guide of the next TES game. Won't you just expect the guide to be about $15-25? Far exceeding the discount you would get for buying the guide.

• Collector's Edition content (map, making of DVD, trailer for Skyrim)
I already have the map, the making of though intresting can be found elsewhere, and the trailer for skyrim can be found just about on any stream site.

• There will be 200,000 units made, so it is limited
Yeah limited. I would like to have it. A steel case looks nice in my collection and I can put it right next to the morriwind GOTY i have. I never owned the X360 version of oblivion, and would like to have it.

But for a deal that repackages old content in a new shiny case, with a coupon that requieres you to buy more than it offers to discount. Why the hell would anyone buy this shite?

Well...there is that shiny case...

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']FYI for those of you that care: The PS3 Slipcover over the steelbook is the ugly ass red GH Label. The guy at my gamestop showed them to me on friday. The xbox version doesn't have the PH label or anything. I wonder why they did it to one of them and not both[/QUOTE]
I'm sure a "in hand" picture comparison of the two would be well appreciated.

Sucks you need to mangle the slipcover for the rebate. Times like these I wish they would put the upc tabs inside the package or allow a photocopy.

Still going to get this though, since I can't find any copies of GOTY. Aside from being used ofcourse.

bread's done
Back