Emergency Lowball (OVER)

We might could agree on it if that's what I said.
Should have posted in OP shipping and handling is what I said. Boxes/Envelopes/Tape cost money. That's my point. I've seen lots of lowball auctions. Many different shipping costs and reasons for said costs.
Hey man, I gotcha. Just voicing an opinion. I'm still bidding on your lowball, so I can't be too opposed.

I would personally be okay with shipping to always be exact but I would say that wanting to pay for what the cost it. I have thought about not doing lowballs where the shipping is not exact as either the host is losing money and that defeasts the purpose or they are gaining some amount of money that is not part of the lowball. While I understand a majority of the time that is not the intended purpose and it is just wanting to make sure no one underpays or pays to much I think in some situations the shipping cost might be a bit more then it actually is.

I don't recall what lowball it was (maybe Masa) but it was exact and they even said if they over charged for shipping they would refund the difference and I loved that idea.

Edit: I guess I should ask why we are even talking about another lowball on this lowball as I believe it's against the rules and this one is exact but figured I would speak my mind on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would personally be okay with shipping to always be exact but I would say that wanting to pay for what the cost it. I have thought about not doing lowballs where the shipping is not exact as either the host is losing money and that defeasts the purpose or they are gaining some amount of money that is not part of the lowball. While I understand a majority of the time that is not the intended purpose and it is just wanting to make sure no one underpays or pays to much I think in some situations the shipping cost might be a bit more then it actually is.

I don't recall what lowball it was (maybe Masa) but it was exact and they even said if they over charged for shipping they would refund the difference and I loved that idea.

Edit: I guess I should ask why we are even talking about another lowball on this lowball as I believe it's against the rules and this one is exact but figured I would speak my mind on it.
Couldn't have said it better.

I don't recall what lowball it was (maybe Masa) but it was exact and they even said if they over charged for shipping they would refund the difference and I loved that idea.

i did one of those lowballs where they'd do a refund. as honest as this person boasted they were, when the time came to show the difference, the message was ignored. so i just let it go and neither person got a feedback. shipping on these lowballs is very random, i've seen things be $4 over. Now I know there are a few people that feel like its small, but it's a lowball for a reason. I ship alot via Ebay and really dont get how this pricing (on some) is done. Esp. since most are using USPS you can estimate pretty high on a weight per item still not be at some of these "estimated". I'm fairly new but I have been understanding (although) against "rules" to gift payments so that they can get full amounts. I'll probably start just paying normally if so many are going to estimate so high in other lowballs.

While I was writing that I was going to add something along the lines of people being dishonest about the "exact" shipping and just not refund anything if there was a difference and sadly that is something that could happen. I have estimated high on shipping while selling things on ebay as I don't sell items often and when I do they are almost never the same dimensions of an item I have shipped before. In lowballs I completely acknowledge that guessing weight and shipping while using the USPS website or anything to estimate will most likely lead to inaccurate prices so we get the standard 3 bucks for the first item and 1 dollar for each other item as odds are that will get in the general ballpark of shipping and I'm going to guess those numbers were not just random so whoever started it might know a little something about shipping.

I do appreciate people like VideoGameCollector17 where they offer exact shipping and have the option to ship the items out before you have paid with the stipulation you have a certain feedback number and are at 100%. While I won't go as far to say the shipping first should be a standard I do feel like exact shipping should be a hard rule on lowballs....as I say this I feel a little weird saying it as in the grand scheme of things I'm very new to the site and lowballs but for some of the rules all over the site not having exact shipping one of them just feels weird. When I see a lowball with an item I want I look at the shipping cost first and just subtract that from what I'm willing to spend on the item itself. If it were exact shipping and happened to be more then what would normally be asked I don't think I would do that as I would then associate it with the shipping after the fact instead of seeing the price upfront and go eh I don't want to spend that much money. Then you get into situations like the Fizz lowball that is being talked about a lot. I'm not going to claim to know the shipping of a sega genesis but I'm fairly sure it would cost more then 4 dollars and that is what either his rules obligates him to do or he is just being kind and doing that shipping for all no matter what. In this case I'll take a guess and say shipping the sega with it's heavy power supply is going to cost more then 4 bucks and because of that he is losing money from that item so in this situation one of the other items he is selling is being sold to cover the cost of the shipping.

With all that said and done I should probably go to sleep as I've been awake far to long. Looking back and editing everything I just typed I can only hope when I wake up it still makes perfect sense and people understand what I was going for  :D

Edit: While I am thinking about it I'll sneak one more thing in. I can only imagine how stressful it is to do a lowball with all the money going around and getting everything shipped while buying packaging..etc. I say all this knowing those issues and that I would never do it as I have a heart attack just shipping one item and hoping I don't mess it up I can't imagine doing 10 plus.

Maybe everything I said above could be taken away just by changing how shipping is presented in lowballs.

If I ever did a lowball I can think of two changes I would have to the shipping process and it would be these two

1. I think having exact shipping plus lets say 50 cents per item to cover packaging might be a better way to go. I would be more than happy to pay fair shipping and a little more for packaging as the seller has to buy all that for items that require certain types of padding or if no padding is required and you can just use freely available newspapers 

2. In the lowball guidelines add a section talking about tips. No rules on this other then it's something you can do if you wish but in no way are you obligated to tip. Maybe if made out like a bandit on a rare game, movie, shoe, snack..etc and you feel a little bad paying one dollar for a great deal. You have a way that was set-up by the seller to give a little extra.

You guys are getting crazy in here.
I like my method for shipping. It's a touch slower but it's exact. I have about 15+ totals I'll be posting soon and by tonight I'll have another 10+.
I even wrote down parcel post and priority on the ones that were close.
Might take a day or two longer to get your stuff, but they are packed well and some of them practically given away so patience is appreciated.

hmm just a reminder sent my shipping info several days ago, but havent got a total back yet. Im in no major hurry or anything just giving you a reminder. 

I received my items on Monday, November 18, 2013.

Opening the box definitely brought me back to the past. Wow! Those were the days.

Positive feedback has been left for you. I would appreciate it if you could do the same for me. Thanks for the lowball!

respect for the master system bids, I was going to bid on ghostbusters and Carmen sandiego, but the master system convertor I have doesn't fit in the model 2 genesis I have :(

I was told the genesis games are cib, but these are not the genesis games you seek :whistle2:$

ahhhh real monsters $3
I'm happy for the low prices but I'm a little disappointed that some of the games were not complete in box as stated. While I didn't see it officially stated the sega genesis games were CIB I quoted Masa as his reply makes it seem as if he were PMed that they were so I'm wanting to know on that part.

X-Men is missing the manual

AHHH! Real monsters is missing the manual

Pro Wrestling is missing the manual

While this wouldn't normally be an issue the reason I bid was because I was under the impressions everything was CIB so now I have to go out and find a manual for these that normally cost more (with shipping) then just buying the entire thing CIB giving me an extra game and box I don't need.

I bid as much as I did on AHHH! Real Monsters being under the impression it was CIB. WIthout the manual it was overall a bad deal.

2 comments/questions

can you change the thread title to include (LIVE) in the title? it helps with the thread. and i didnt see pics of the genesis games, and assume they are CIB correct? also, this is all from one seller right?

good luck, mighty fine list going on here.

Yes so far it's all my stuff. VGC might add something of his own. I didn't realize there wasn't any pics of the genesis games but they are CiB.
I also don't have a pic for Fire Emblem PoR or Dragaon Age up I assure you they are sealed and mint.

I'm happy for the low prices but I'm a little disappointed that some of the games were not complete in box as stated. While I didn't see it officially stated the sega genesis games were CIB I quoted Masa as his reply makes it seem as if he were PMed that they were so I'm wanting to know on that part.

X-Men is missing the manual

AHHH! Real monsters is missing the manual

Pro Wrestling is missing the manual

While this wouldn't normally be an issue the reason I bid was because I was under the impressions everything was CIB so now I have to go out and find a manual for these that normally cost more (with shipping) then just buying the entire thing CIB giving me an extra game and box I don't need.

I bid as much as I did on AHHH! Real Monsters being under the impression it was CIB. WIthout the manual it was overall a bad deal.
^ This. All of This. I would have never bid on/bid up ARM! if I had any indication of there not being a manual included. That's some stanky BS, dood.

As a fellow collector of Genesis games, I really feel for this doods situation with having to track down a manual. Maybe some of you understand regardless of the system you collect for, but I call Foul on this as I was told it was CIB. CIB means CIB in my neighborhood.

Not. Cool.

Just wondering if I could get an update to when you shipped?  I paid on the 14th and haven't gotten my package.  Just was wondering what day you may have sent it out.  Thanks.

bread's done
Back