End of the Third Party Exclusives: FF XIII To Be on 360

[quote name='KingBroly']Would anyone care if MGS4 was ported to 360 now? I mean, really? ... Killzone 2 if it becomes quietly amazing. ... I see the game getting the Devil May Cry effect, where no one cared, went multiplat, pissing contest, no one cared anymore sort of it...[/QUOTE]

Have you been reading the boards of how many people desire MGS4 to hit the 360? The demand is pretty high, and Devil May Cry 4 was never hugely petitioned for the 360 yet it sold well, case in point:

VGChartz, because I don't pay to have a NPD subscription:
PS3 1.24m
360 1.07m

Yeah. No one cared. With the edge PS3 has in Japan the numbers should have been even bigger in Japan.

Lastly, do not put Killzone and amazing in the same sentence. Have you actually played Killzone One?

I just wish these damn high profile games would pick a damn console and choose to release it on only 1 of them. That way I wouldn't have to decide which platform I have to buy it for............ Plus developing for a single console in mind allows them to better exploit the Strengths of an individual system without having to worry about limitations of the other.

unrealistic, yeah probably, still sucks though.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Have you been reading the boards of how many people desire MGS4 to hit the 360? The demand is pretty high, and Devil May Cry 4 was never hugely petitioned for the 360 yet it sold well, case in point:

VGChartz, because I don't pay to have a NPD subscription:
PS3 1.24m
360 1.07m

Yeah. No one cared. With the edge PS3 has in Japan the numbers should have been even bigger in Japan.

Lastly, do not put Killzone and amazing in the same sentence. Have you actually played Killzone One?[/quote]

I did play Killzone. I thought it was okay. Framerate really killed it for me about 4 hours in. The point about DMC4 was thus: The same kind of stuff that happened when it went multiplat is happening now. A bunch of garbage throwing everywhere. It's bigger of course. But in the end it'll probably hurt the game's overall reception.

It's no longer one of those "must buys for console x" it's "just another good game".

This news is so freaking fantastic. I've been extatic ever since I came home and found out. I love the 360 anyway, but with this.....forget about it. I figured if I didn't get a PS3 for MGS4, FF13 would do it. Now I don't have to bother. Once again, i find myself loving Squareenix.

I don't know...this is like the megaton announcements of years past. This is truly something!!! Fan-freaking-tastic!

[quote name='mike.m']Is it sad that I can't tell if the first character in the trailer is male or female? Please no effeminate male characters this time. :([/quote]

Female. I think.

[quote name='KingBroly']The point about DMC4 was thus: The same kind of stuff that happened when it went multiplat is happening now. A bunch of garbage throwing everywhere. It's bigger of course. But in the end it'll probably hurt the game's overall reception.[/QUOTE]

Your argument doesn't hold water, dude. DMC4 is the best-selling game in the series since the original. Looks like going multi-platform helped, now, doesn't it?

[quote name='Zoglog']I just wish these damn high profile games would pick a damn console and choose to release it on only 1 of them. That way I wouldn't have to decide which platform I have to buy it for............ Plus developing for a single console in mind allows them to better exploit the Strengths of an individual system without having to worry about limitations of the other.[/quote]

Hopefully by completing development on the ps3 first, we won't have to worry about this.

...then again, they *may* be thinking into the future about whether certain things will make porting over a bit harder than others, and ease their workload accordingly...

[quote name='imascrub']Hopefully by completing development on the ps3 first, we won't have to worry about this.

...then again, they *may* be thinking into the future about whether certain things will make porting over a bit harder than others, and ease their workload accordingly...[/QUOTE]

well here's hoping for a multi-lingual track, though I must admit FFXII had quite a good dubbing.
The option to have it in the original language is always nice though.

Is it clear that the PS3 version will be available on the same day as the 360 one in the US? What if they decided to make it a timed exclusive in Japan for the PS3 and a timed exclusive in the US on the 360 for launch. That way they'd collect both respective "exclusivity checks" from each side :). Now there's some yojimbo shit for yah

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zoglog']well here's hoping for a multi-lingual track, though I must admit FFXII had quite a good dubbing.

Is it clear that the PS3 version will be available on the same day as the 360 one in the US? What if they decided to make it a timed exclusive in Japan for the PS3 and a timed exclusive in the US on the 360 for launch. That way they'd collect both respective "exclusivity checks" from each side :). Now there's some yojimbo shit for yah[/quote]

They said they were day and date in NA. It's still coming first to PS3, but only in Japan. So if you speak Japanese, you could always import that one.

[quote name='Zoglog']well here's hoping for a multi-lingual track, though I must admit FFXII had quite a good dubbing.

Is it clear that the PS3 version will be available on the same day as the 360 one in the US? What if they decided to make it a timed exclusive in Japan for the PS3 and a timed exclusive in the US on the 360 for launch. That way they'd collect both respective "exclusivity checks" from each side :). Now there's some yojimbo shit for yah[/quote]

The PS3 version is getting completed first. Timed exclusive in Japan? How about 100% exclusive in Japan? That's what they're doing.

Saw Ninja Gaiden 2 (NES) and Lufia and The Fortress of Doom today at a pawn shop and bought both.
I'm assuming NG2 is good, but how's Lufia?

As for tomorrow, I wonder if Sony is going to announce anything new. I want to see some Infamous stuff the most. Resistance 2 stuff would be cool too.

ah yeah, silly me, with the industry moving more towards simultaneous or close multi-reigon releases (ex persona 4) I got carried away.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168724

Square Finishing PS3 Version of FF13 Before Starting on 360 Version

Wow, lord knows how long before it'll hit the states if they have to port it + the translation work. But in a sense that makes me feel better about the development process of the game.

Given the way recent Final Fantasy stories have gone, maybe it's better you don't understand the story. Plus, on PS3, it's region free.

this sucks! square you just killed the ps3 in America. japan already has good ps3 sales so why help the japan market? .this game is need in America more than japan .if the ps3 is ever to get a large install base .we need exclusives not Microsoft .sony should try to cut some sort of deal with square .

[quote name='soriku']this sucks! square you just killed the ps3 in America. japan already has good ps3 sales so why help the japan market? .this game is need in America more than japan .if the ps3 is ever to get a large install base .we need exclusives not Microsoft .sony should try to cut some sort of deal with square .[/quote]
No.

[quote name='soriku']this sucks! square you just killed the ps3 in America. japan already has good ps3 sales so why help the japan market? .this game is need in America more than japan .if the ps3 is ever to get a large install base .we need exclusives not Microsoft .sony should try to cut some sort of deal with square .[/QUOTE]

Go away.

[quote name='soriku']this sucks! square you just killed the ps3 in America. japan already has good ps3 sales so why help the japan market? .this game is need in America more than japan .if the ps3 is ever to get a large install base .we need exclusives not Microsoft .sony should try to cut some sort of deal with square .[/QUOTE]

.... It's only Final Fantasy... there are other games out there you know......
you know like a few little known ones like God of War or Gran turismo?

In short, the series' core market -- Japanese RPG fans, who have a long history of loyalty to Sony platforms -- will be catered to first and foremost. Hashimoto promises the company will do its best to bring the localized versions of the game to market more quickly than previous FF games, which have often taken nine or 10 months to hit the U.S. -- and even longer in Europe

Here's to hoping for less ;)

The company's in the dark even on technical considerations. "The content will be the same on both platforms," said Kitase. "However, we have yet to determine how many discs will be required for the 360 version. We'll have to consider the differences between formats. Currently the game is being built on PC, where it's actually functional. We're still focusing on making it work on PS3, so it's difficult to know how long the process of taking it to 360 will take."

Games for windows exclusive!! DO IT!!!

hmm...problem is those are completely different genres, which some people may not be into. Though I'll more than likely be down with God of War, probably not GT.

[quote name='Zoglog'].... It's only Final Fantasy... there are other games out there you know......
you know like a few little known ones like God of War or Gran turismo?

Here's to hopping for less ;)[/quote]
but is final fantasy!1 best series evar plus best chars evar!1 SEPHIROTH!!!1!

Why does anyone even care? The PS3 version will be released first. People will buy that because they can't wait (unless you're a CAG, then you'd have to wait double the time so you can get the 360 version at a cheap price months after released) and don't want to spoiled.

If you guys really want Sony to make a comeback, then you should bitch to Sony to be a bit more aggressive and pay for stuff like Microsoft did early on. Sony has been laying back this entire generation, while Microsoft has been on the attack. Sure, Microsoft isn't winning the console wars, but they are kicking a lot of ass right now in the developing community. Sony...not so much.

[quote name='KingBroly']If you guys really want Sony to make a comeback, then you should bitch to Sony to be a bit more aggressive and pay for stuff like Microsoft did early on. Sony has been laying back this entire generation, while Microsoft has been on the attack. Sure, Microsoft isn't winning the console wars, but they are kicking a lot of ass right now in the developing community. Sony...not so much.[/QUOTE]

uh, I'm pretty sure both consoles have been struggling pretty damn hard to beat each other.........
no need to bitch to Sony when competition handles the whole thing........

on the other hand, OMG Online Petition to Make FFXIII a GFW Exclusive!!! WIN WIN WIN!
I can point to the # of world of warcraft subscribers and that is the undeniable proof of win.........

What I mean is Microsoft seems to be getting the exclusives and megatons here, and not the other way around.

[quote name='naes']Why does anyone even care? The PS3 version will be released first.[/QUOTE]
Uh, no. It's releasing simultaneously, as in, on the same day, for both PS3 and 360.

[quote name='KingBroly']What I mean is Microsoft seems to be getting the exclusives and megatons here, and not the other way around.[/QUOTE]
Welcome to competitive free-market industry.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Uh, no. It's releasing simultaneously, as in, on the same day, for both PS3 and 360.

Welcome to competitive free-market industry.[/quote]

Well, Sony has obviously 'gone drinkin' in that department.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I wish they'd just show down petitiononline, because that site makes my head hurt.[/QUOTE]

I suggest you make an online petition to that and address it to the king of the Internets. Online petitions always work if you address it to the king.

After hearing the news of FF XIII I suddenly have huge doubts about the PS3 and its future. I doubt MGS4, Gran Turismo, and the inevitable God of War will be enough to overtake the opposition in the US. Losing Final Fantasy exclusivity is going to hurt them a good bit, especially with the simultaneous launch. If they had limited exclusivity of FF XIII for even six months it could still be a substantial console-mover.

As it stands, it's looking more and more like the primary reason to own a PS3 is for a good Blu-Ray player that also plays some games, and that's a shame. It truly is.

[quote name='KingBroly']Well, Sony has obviously 'gone drinkin' in that department.[/QUOTE]
What? I really don't understand the point or idea this post is supposedly trying to convey.

[quote name='captainfrizo']After hearing the news of FF XIII I suddenly have huge doubts about the PS3 and its future. I doubt MGS4, Gran Turismo, and the inevitable God of War will be enough to overtake the opposition in the US.[/quote]
You don't have to beat the competition to be successful.

[quote name='imascrub']hmm...problem is those are completely different genres, which some people may not be into. Though I'll more than likely be down with God of War, probably not GT.[/QUOTE]

If they're gonna rush the 360 version to go along with the translation, FF13's localization might end up like this guy's sig. :lol:

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']What? I really don't understand the point or idea this post is supposedly trying to convey.

You don't have to beat the competition to be successful.[/quote]

I mean they're not trying to be the best they can. They're taking it easy, thinking everything will just come to them. Kinda like Nintendo with the 64. Although Sony still has a chance at winning surprisingly. Well...maybe not after this.

Who's betting on a Wii port? I'm convinced anything can happen now.

Man, I never saw this coming. Of all the games, I wouldn't have imagined a FF on a MS console. I hope the reduction of exclusives keeps coming. I'd love to play the new Ratchet & Clank games(and any upcoming ones) without having to buy a PS3. Unfortunately considering Insomniax's ties to Sony is too tight for that to happen I think.

[quote name='deszaras']Man, I never saw this coming. Of all the games, I wouldn't have imagined a FF on a MS console. I hope the reduction of exclusives keeps coming. I'd love to play the new Ratchet & Clank games(and any upcoming ones) without having to buy a PS3. Unfortunately considering Insomniax's ties to Sony is too tight for that to happen I think.[/quote]

...Ratchet & Clank is first party, not 2nd or 3rd.

Back in the 90's I'm sure people were saying they'd never imagine a FF not on a Nintendo console...

There's been more FF games on Nintendo consoles than any other system.

I think that MS will win E3 based off the 'shock' of their FFXIII announcement, but in actuality, the game will sell more copies on the PS3, as long as they're exclusive in Japan. I'm sure that Sony knew that this game was going to the 360, and I'm sure they let it go multiplatform, in NA and probably fought for it to be exclusive in Japan. Japan is where the market is strongest for FFXIII. I think Sony is going to show a lot of games, and some basic stuff but I don't think there's going to be nothing as "shocking" as MS' announcement. The 360 showing was pretty weak, other than the shocker news. Sony imo will still have the best lineup of games going into this holiday season, and they'll have games to follow up early next year. Only way Sony can "win" E3 is if , they got Gears of War 2 coming to their system. But if that shit happens, yall visit me in the hospital, because that's probably where I'd be.

[quote name='deszaras']Man, I never saw this coming. Of all the games, I wouldn't have imagined a FF on a MS console. I hope the reduction of exclusives keeps coming. I'd love to play the new Ratchet & Clank games(and any upcoming ones) without having to buy a PS3. Unfortunately considering Insomniax's ties to Sony is too tight for that to happen I think.[/QUOTE]

I don't follow Final Fantasy at all, but I'm pretty sure theres a Final Fantasy online game on the 360 already...

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Final Fantasy 1 was on Microsoft's MSX2 in the 80's (not sure if the MSX is considered a console or computer though).[/quote]
Sony made MSXs.

I was surprised too. Of all games, I still thought ff13 would be exclusive. This whole thing has been kind of fun to follow ( I have not purchased a 360 or a ps3 yet - ps2 games still backed up).

This pretty much ends the race in the US. Not because FF13 is the most amazing game ever but because of the statement this made. The circumstances are a bit different but Sony's position was solidified when they bagged ff7 many years ago and it is impossible to deny (even though I was rooting for PS3) that this places Microsoft in a very strong position.

I had a sour feeling when I had switched from Nintendo to Sony for the RPGs and I think I will have the same sour feeling if I ever get an xbox. Haha. Although I will wait for info on Zone of the Enders 3 ;).

bread's done
Back