End of the Third Party Exclusives: FF XIII To Be on 360

It's too bad. I'll still get the PS3 version of FF13 over Xbox though...

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']LOL, that's Fragmaster in those videos. Just in case anyone is unaware, that's acting in those videos. :)[/QUOTE]

I know, but it's uncanny.

Reality's Fringe;4621221]I know said:
Well, it's something of a hobby of his, acting out horrible forum posts. He's got some experience.

Also, is it just me, or are all the posts in this thread now appearing as a post by m3talst0rm?

Glad to see it coming to 360. Not sure if I'll pick it up as I don't really dig JRPGs these days, but will keep an eye on it nonetheless.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Also, is it just me, or are all the posts in this thread now appearing as a post by m3talst0rm?[/QUOTE]

Putting a media tag in a quote tag seems to break the forum code a bit. Mod could probably fix it.

Glad to hear this is coming the 360. Square Enix definitely needs to make this game epic, and they deserve all the sales they can get.

However, a few comments on the thread title:

First, MGS4. Second, ignoring MGS4, the thread title ought to be "The End of Third Party Exclusives for Sony", as Microsoft still has plenty of 3rd party exclusives, including one from Square Enix, and Nintendo has tons of third party exclusives as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingBroly']...Ratchet & Clank is first party, not 2nd or 3rd.[/quote]

It's technically 2nd, however Sony owns the IP for Ratchet and Resistance.

They didn't want another Spyro or Crash happening.

And Ex, Do we really count Shovelware as exclusive?
Are there any real games I am not aware of that are third party?

And what other third party exclusives does MSFT have besides Star Ocean and Infinite? (which I guarantee are timed exclusive, no way Square misses out on the Japanese market.)

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']And what other third party exclusives does MSFT have besides Star Ocean and Infinite? (which I guarantee are timed exclusive, no way Square misses out on the Japanese market.)[/QUOTE]

Well, there's Tales of Vesperia, Naruto: The Broken Bond, You're in the Movies, Mobile Ops: The One Year War, Darwinia+, Portal: Still Alive, Vigilante 8: Arcade, Guilty Gear 2: Overture, King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 2.5, and Onechanbara: vorteX. And if you want to include PC+X360 exclusives that aren't on PS3, you can add APB, Left 4 Dead, Warhammer: Battle March, Dungeon Hero, White Gold, and Captain Blood.

Also, your "guarantees" about which games will remain exclusive and which won't are pretty damned worthless. Just sayin.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']It's technically 2nd, however Sony owns the IP for Ratchet and Resistance.

They didn't want another Spyro or Crash happening.[/QUOTE]

They owned the Spyro and Crash IPs until they sold them, I thought?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']That's correct.[/quote]

I thought they were owned by Universal?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Well, there's Tales of Vesperia, Naruto: The Broken Bond, You're in the Movies, Mobile Ops: The One Year War, Darwinia+, Portal: Still Alive, Vigilante 8: Arcade, Guilty Gear 2: Overture, King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 2.5, and Onechanbara: vorteX. And if you want to include PC+X360 exclusives that aren't on PS3, you can add APB, Left 4 Dead, Warhammer: Battle March, Dungeon Hero, White Gold, and Captain Blood.

Also, your "guarantees" about which games will remain exclusive and which won't are pretty damned worthless. Just sayin.[/quote]

Well, the Star Ocean guy has already hinted that will most likely do a port.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Well, there's Tales of Vesperia, Naruto: The Broken Bond, You're in the Movies, Mobile Ops: The One Year War, Darwinia+, Portal: Still Alive, Vigilante 8: Arcade, Guilty Gear 2: Overture, King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 2.5, and Onechanbara: vorteX. And if you want to include PC+X360 exclusives that aren't on PS3, you can add APB, Left 4 Dead, Warhammer: Battle March, Dungeon Hero, White Gold, and Captain Blood.

Also, your "guarantees" about which games will remain exclusive and which won't are pretty damned worthless. Just sayin.[/quote]

And looks like most of the exclusives are XBLA games....

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']I thought they were owned by Universal?[/quote]
Now they are, and have been for quite a few years now. But the early games in each series were published by Sony, who controlled the IPs, until they sold both of them off in the early 2000s.

Link?

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']I thought they were owned by Universal? [/QUOTE]

They were sold to Vivendi Games by Sony at some point around the PS2 launch.

Which would now put them under the Activision Blizzard umbrella.

I don't understand how MS is getting so many exclusives, PS3 isn't hard to develop for... and there's enough PS3 user base to make a profit off any game you make for the console

[quote name='Thomas96']I don't understand how MS is getting so many exclusives, PS3 isn't hard to develop for...[/quote]
There isn't really a huge disparity between the number of X360 exclusives, and PS3 exclusives. People are blowing it out of proportion, because of the FF13 thing.

and there's enough PS3 user base to make a profit off any game you make for the console
But there's more profit to be made if you make the game multiplatform. Simple logic.

[quote name='Thomas96']I don't understand how MS is getting so many exclusives, PS3 isn't hard to develop for... and there's enough PS3 user base to make a profit off any game you make for the console[/quote]

Money....probably?

And isn't the ps3 supposed to be the hardest to develop for?

[quote name='Thomas96']I don't understand how MS is getting so many exclusives, PS3 isn't hard to develop for... and there's enough PS3 user base to make a profit off any game you make for the console[/QUOTE]
Really? Only 15 PS3 games have broken 1mil sales. That's nearly three times fewer than the 41 platinum sellers on the 360 (even considering the headstart the 360 had, that's considerable: the 360 has only been out 50% longer than the PS3). The highest selling game on the PS3 sold about half the units of the highest selling game on the 360, and the highest selling game on the PS3 sold one and a half million more units in its 360 version.

I'd say I understand how MS is getting so many of Sony's exclusives: game developers aren't charities.

[quote name='Ex~']Really? Only 15 PS3 games have broken 1mil sales. That's nearly three times fewer than the 41 platinum sellers on the 360 (even considering the headstart the 360 had, that's considerable: the 360 has only been out 50% longer than the PS3). The highest selling game on the PS3 sold about half the units of the highest selling game on the 360, and the highest selling game on the PS3 sold one and a half million more units in its 360 version.

I'd say I understand how MS is getting so many of Sony's exclusives: game developers aren't charities.[/QUOTE]

What he said. :applause:

It's pure statistics and figures. There just isn't much financial incentive for making PS3-exclusives right now, for third-parties.

Who the hell cares which platform gets what... If you're an avid gamer, i find it hard to believe you only have one console. So bottom line? If a big budget game goes multiplatform, it's all good (like RE5 and FFXIII). People talked about watered down versions and stuffs, but who cares, just get the version you like, end of story.

Now, the true exclusives (1st party) are something else...

[quote name='Serpentor']If you're an avid gamer, i find it hard to believe you only have one console. [/quote]

Maybe you have more money coming out of your ass than you know what to do with, but a lot of people don't

I'm a pretty avid gamer, and I only have 1 of the current gen consoles, a 360. I had to save scratch for a while to get that, and i would have had to save more for a ps3. I'm a college student, so its not like i have a ton of disposable income.

These consoles are pretty expensive, and I would be willing to bet that at least half the people who own a current gen console have only 1 of them.

before anyone posts it, no it's not coming to PC. N4G misinterpreted a quote about development.... nobody seems to have realized it though...... they're talking about the XB360 press conference and Square event isn't till next month

[quote name='rockytrh']Maybe you have more money coming out of your ass than you know what to do with, but a lot of people don't

I'm a pretty avid gamer, and I only have 1 of the current gen consoles, a 360. I had to save scratch for a while to get that, and i would have had to save more for a ps3. I'm a college student, so its not like i have a ton of disposable income.

These consoles are pretty expensive, and I would be willing to bet that at least half the people who own a current gen console have only 1 of them.[/quote]

Well, that's the problem... you're a college student... When i was a college student, i was too poor to get a PS2. If you own a X360, chances are you already got tons of games, so saying you don't have disposable income is total bullshit.

If the PS3 is too expensive, then don't buy it. FFXIII coming out for the X360 should be good news to you. So what the hell this is all about? Brand royalty? On the other hand, if Gears of War coming out on the PS3 or God of War coming out on the X360, that's major news.

Pretty expensive my ass... WTF, everything is pretty expensive, no wonder you're still a college student.

[quote name='Serpentor']Well, that's the problem... you're a college student... When i was a college student, i was too poor to get a PS2. If you own a X360, chances are you already got tons of games, so saying you don't have disposable income is total bullshit.

If the PS3 is too expensive, then don't buy it. FFXIII coming out for the X360 should be good news to you. So what the hell this is all about? Brand royalty? On the other hand, if Gears of War coming out on the PS3 or God of War coming out on the X360, that's major news.

Pretty expensive my ass... WTF, everything is pretty expensive, no wonder you're still a college student.[/quote]

Wow someone needs to get off their high horse. He said he SAVED money to get a 360. He didn't say he picked up an elite on its launch and picked up all the hottest games.

If the PS3 is too expensive, then don't buy it.
He already said he wasn't.

When i was a college student, i was too poor to get a PS2

Maybe you should've saved up or got a job or sucked more :no:

Brand royalty?

I'm not sure what brand royalty is, but I don't have any brand loyalty one way or the other.

The reason I responded to your highness's post is because I am really in the same boat as the person your highness quoted, and so I figure you would've posted the same thing in response to my message.

I think this is great news, and I'd think the same if it was a story about Gears or Halo being released for the PS3.

I'd like to be able to play FF XIII, but I'm not willing to spend $400 to do it.

I don't think there will ever be a one console generation, but if there was at least we'd all get to play the games we want to with the minimum of expenditure.

If this is the begining of the end of third part exclusives then frankly good riddance.

[quote name='benjamouth']
If this is the begining of the end of third part exclusives then frankly good riddance.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Let first party exclusive be the system sellers. Works great for me as I don't care for most of Sony's games and have grown sick of Nintendo franchises so I'm able to save money and just have a 360 this generation after ditching my Wii.

Though I wouldn't call myself an "avid" gamer as I don't have a ton of free time these days and gaming isn't even my favorite thing to do with my limited free time.

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']Wow someone needs to get off their high horse. He said he SAVED money to get a 360. He didn't say he picked up an elite on its launch and picked up all the hottest games.

If the PS3 is too expensive, then don't buy it.
He already said he wasn't.

When i was a college student, i was too poor to get a PS2

Maybe you should've saved up or got a job or sucked more :no:

Brand royalty?

I'm not sure what brand royalty is, but I don't have any brand loyalty one way or the other.

The reason I responded to your highness's post is because I am really in the same boat as the person your highness quoted, and so I figure you would've posted the same thing in response to my message.[/quote]

oh for goodness' sake, i hate to dance around the same shit over and over. Bottom line? Money! Why same games are being made for both X360 and PS3? Well, more money! So, it's pretty much common sense.

Look, nobody here have tons of cash from his/her ass, but the truth is, if you're a CAG, you have disposable income, end of discussion.

High horse or not, bottom line is, somebody is saving $300-$600 for something out of his/her range at the time. Just listen for a minute, isn't cheaper or even better, not to buy it to start with? So, when you accused me for not saving money to buy a PS2 while i was in college, what exactly you're trying to tell me?

This whole crap of 3rd party exclusiveness is just fanboy/fangirl stuffs...

[quote name='Serpentor']
This whole crap of 3rd party exclusiveness is just fanboy/fangirl stuffs...[/QUOTE]

Some of it is, but not all. I don't particularly like any of these 3 companies for various reasons. I just buy the console(s) that have games I want to play.

I like seeing the end of 3rd party exclusives as it means I miss out on less games by not buying all consoles each generation anymore. I can afford it easily, but I don't game enough anymore to justify having more than one console around as I don't even get around to playing all the games I'd like to on one console. At least with 3rd party games being almost entirely multiplatform I now have the option of playing the vast majority of games that interest me and just miss out on a few first party games.

[quote name='Serpentor']Well, that's the problem... you're a college student... When i was a college student, i was too poor to get a PS2. If you own a X360, chances are you already got tons of games, so saying you don't have disposable income is total bullshit.
[/quote]
How the fuck does me owning a 360 mean i have tons of games? I have 10 or so, that isn't a ton of games dumbass. I make about $50 over what my living expenses are, and that is my disposable income. For the whole fucking month. So yeah, i don't have disposable income. I had to save up for the 360.

And if you couldn't save up for a ps2, that is your own damn fault. I have some pretty nice shit i saved up for from xmas, bdays, trading in shit, and saving extra cash. Just cause you couldn't save money/budget when you were a college student doesn't mean that everybody else couldn't.

I'm not going to buy one. And FFXIII is good news, i never said it wasn't. I wasn't bitching about anything except the whole most avid gamers have both systems anyway. That isn't true.

My post had nothing about brand loyalty, i had made posts prior in this thread saying that brand loyalty infuences many people while those companies have little to no loyalty to customers. Brand loyalty is a stupid reason for peopel to fight.

And gears probably wouldn't ever come out on the PS3, it's published by M$.

Pretty expensive my ass... WTF, everything is pretty expensive, no wonder you're still a college student.

No shit everything is so expensive, that is why I save. No wonder I am still in college? What the hell kind of shot is that? You don't know shit about me. I'm 20 years old and will graduate college with a BS in computer science this December. I already have a AA in Liberal Arts (4.0 average) and currently have a 3.7 average at my U.

When you turn 21, what were you doing? I'll have a job making 50 grand a year and almost no debt. So fuck off troll

3rd party exclusives are pretty much a thing in the past now a day... as long as there's no watered down versions, i'm all for it. What i do hate is timed exclusives, it's pretty smart move for the profit makers, but anally stupid for gamers. Well, given the library of games we have on our hands, most CAGs don't give a hoot about timed exclusives. Also the idea of double dip due to re-release of previous exclusives bothers me, like BioShock. Looks like i might have to get it for the PS3 even though i'm like 10% into the game on the X360. Before anybody say i'm wipping my ass with money, i'm getting the PS3 version of BioShock only if it's $15 or so (not a day one material for me that is).

This is a bit strange, but worth to mention, is there a game already released on the PS3 and going to be available on the X360? Probably nothing, since there's nothing in the PS3 library (not the 1st or 2nd or whatever Sony party) that X360 gamers want anyway.

[quote name='rockytrh']How the fuck does me owning a 360 mean i have tons of games? I have 10 or so, that isn't a ton of games dumbass. I make about $50 over what my living expenses are, and that is my disposable income. For the whole fucking month. So yeah, i don't have disposable income. I had to save up for the 360.
[/quote]
calling people dumbass proves that you're a college student... $50 is still disposable income. And 10 games is a ton of game, depending how you look at it. For some people only have one or two, you have a ton... The only point you score here is saving up for your X360, so you want a cookie or something? Bravo...

[quote name='rockytrh']
And if you couldn't save up for a ps2, that is your own damn fault. I have some pretty nice shit i saved up for from xmas, bdays, trading in shit, and saving extra cash. Just cause you couldn't save money/budget when you were a college student doesn't mean that everybody else couldn't.
[/quote]

what kind of bullshit is this? There's a difference between saving up for something you want and saving up for something you need. You saved a little here and there, i get it, here, have another cookie. When you a little more "mature" you will realize how little you saved over the things you do (opportunity cost my friend). I didn't do any of that b/c i spent the time studying and working (and hanging out). No, it's not that i couldn't save up money for the PS2, b/c it would've cost me more money down the road (again, look up opportunity cost).

[quote name='rockytrh']
I'm not going to buy one. And FFXIII is good news, i never said it wasn't. I wasn't bitching about anything except the whole most avid gamers have both systems anyway. That isn't true.[/quote]
so, isn't true to you that is... ask around, how many CAGs only have one console? Give me a fucking break. You're just an avid X360 gamer, not an avid gamer, prick...

[quote name='rockytrh']
My post had nothing about brand loyalty, i had made posts prior in this thread saying that brand loyalty infuences many people while those companies have little to no loyalty to customers. Brand loyalty is a stupid reason for peopel to fight.
[/quote]
No point arguing over that, i wasn't targeting at you or anything, it's just this 3rd party exclusive business. Some people don't want an exclusive title ported over to another console, like Devil May Cry... And so, yes, it's stupid, but people do fight over this...

[quote name='rockytrh']
And gears probably wouldn't ever come out on the PS3, it's published by M$.
[/quote]
Errr, i know that... and you shouldn't even use "probably." I'm justing saying if Gears go PS3, that's the bigger news. To make the X360 happy, i also used God of War example...

[quote name='rockytrh']
No shit everything is so expensive, that is why I save. No wonder I am still in college? What the hell kind of shot is that? You don't know shit about me. I'm 20 years old and will graduate college with a BS in computer science this December. I already have a AA in Liberal Arts (4.0 average) and currently have a 3.7 average at my U.
[/quote]
No, it's not a cheap shot... College students are college students, naive little creatures, very cute and all, but got no real wisdom (ever heard of the egg shopping joke?). GPA means nothing in the real world, but kuddos to you, have another cookie. Liberal Arts is pretty much bullshit. Errr, been there done that, i know a lot of people with 4.0 GPAs and engineering/computer degrees w/o jobs, so you if you want the 4th cookie, let's see what happens after December okay?

[quote name='rockytrh']
When you turn 21, what were you doing? I'll have a job making 50 grand a year and almost no debt. So fuck off troll[/quote]
[/quote]
wow, 50 grand, just wow and almost no debt, wow... Sorry, no cookies there, b/c you failed in that department. Adjusting inflation and all, a computer degree should land you a job with at least 60 grand a year. Almost debt free doesn't cut it. Why? Well, 10 games is a not a ton right?
As to the troll reference, do i need to say again, no wonder you're a college student?

[quote name='heavyd853']Well, people get really worked up over this stuff![/QUOTE]

No, I mean, now these guys are like, arguing about college and their financial and social status and shit.

The thread basically turned into
39115703ffc4dab263obd9.jpg

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Wow, this thread REALLY went to hell in the last 10 posts or so.[/quote]I think we're back on-track now, with all of that garbage cleaned up.

To the two posters in questions trying to see who's e-penis is bigger than the other one, go take it up in PM's. The rest of CAG doesn't care about your OT rants.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']What he said. :applause:

It's pure statistics and figures. There just isn't much financial incentive for making PS3-exclusives right now, for third-parties.[/QUOTE]

Well there is less competition on the PS3 console... you know. So if you're a smaller publisher and you want some attention releasing a game solely on PS3 could do you well. Just because there's less competiion. [of course its depending on the game] The big companies might as well go multiplatform, as their games are guaranteed sells, and some of the smaller devs can go exclusive as so long as they're getting benefits from the Sony (or MS).

But that competition point is moot given the vastly fewer numbers of million+ sellers, the lower attach rate etc.

I could see it for a smaller developer I guess, but I don't much care as there are so few of those types of games that I like anyway. I have mainstream tastes and pretty much just stick to AAA games these days since I don't even have time to play all of those.

But even then, the higher attach rates on the 360 have to make even smaller developers more apt to put it on the 360 (or better yet put it on both and maximize sales) unless Sony pays them for exclusivity. And they're not going to be likely to pay for some niche game from a small developer.

[quote name='benjamouth']I think this is great news, and I'd think the same if it was a story about Gears or Halo being released for the PS3.
[/quote]
I would think that Gears or Halo coming out on the PS3 would be a bigger story seeing as how they are both franchises published by Microsoft (and if I'm not mistaken in the case of Halo Microsoft owns the IP). ;)

[quote name='Kaijufan']I would think that Gears or Halo coming out on the PS3 would be a bigger story seeing as how they are both franchises published by Microsoft (and if I'm not mistaken in the case of Halo Microsoft owns the IP). ;)[/quote]

Yeah ok bad examples, but you get my point.

[quote name='EXStrike']Hey guys, apparently there's going to be a PC version too.

Edit:
Or maybe not? Mixed messages from the internets[/QUOTE]

It's not. A statement about the Crystal Tools engine being multiplatform, including PC, was misinterpreted as stating that FFXIII was coming to PC.

So, with the disclaimer that, of course, things could change at any time and it's entirely possible that S-E could announce FFXIII for PC at some point (I even think it's fairly likely, seeing as they have at least two major games coming to PC; Last Remnant and the new MMO), the fact of the matter is that
Square-Enix has not confirmed a PC version of FFXIII at this time.

A PC port of Final Fantasy isn't out of the realm of possibility, since some of the Playstation titles were ported back in the day.

[quote name='Nephlabobo'][/QUOTE]

Of course, because there's no way to compress content so it fits on a smaller disc. :roll:

The game and engine were both originally in development for the PS2; when they switched, they had to scrap both of those things and start fresh. If they're willing to do that, I'm sure that Square will find a way to make it work on the 360 without requiring an exorbitant number of discs or sacrificing the graphics.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']PLEASE CATCH AIDS. :mad:

That shit was unfunny for MGS4, and it's unfunny now.[/quote]

It's funny no matter what the title.

And Star Ocean 4 better be on PS3 as well. . . Unless it plays like 3 then fuck it!

[quote name='basilofbkrst']It's funny no matter what the title.

And Star Ocean 4 better be on PS3 as well. . . Unless it plays like 3 then fuck it![/QUOTE]

The funny part is that SO4 is not going to be on PS3. :)

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']The funny part is that SO4 is not going to be on PS3. :)[/QUOTE]

Just like FFXIII wasn't supposed to be on the 360? While I know there's a lesser change of SO4 going to the PS3, it's not out of the question...

Oh, and lol at Nephlabobo's pic.:rofl:

Any truth to the rumor that Tekken 6 might come out on 360 as well?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']The funny part is that SO4 is not going to be on PS3. :)[/quote]
I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft bought a 6 month to 1 year exclusivity deal on Star Ocean, they seem to prefer to do that then actually do more internal game development.

bread's done
Back