ENDING TODAY!! Free Disney blu-ray ($3.95 shipping) when you buy two at DMR

lionheart4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Link: http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/twoforblu

Basically redeem the magic code for two Disney movies or CD's and you can choose a free movie from one of these 3:
Dinosaur
Bridge to Terabithia
Tinkerbell

+ get 125 points. Not a big selection and you pay the shipping and handling, so not technically free but might be worthwhile for someone if you have codes laying around or were going to buy some Disney movies anyway. Plus it doesn't look like it requires redemption of any saved points. This runs until 5/31 as pointed out by ssjmichael.

Also purchases can be from anytime, so even if you have movies left from black friday or other sales that you haven't redeemed codes for yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mtxbass1']It qualifies for either deal, but not both. They fixed whatever was causing it to register for both promotions.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? well that sucks

[quote name='WV Matsui']Exactly why I did it was for my sixth month old daughter! I called in to get them all. Not a bad deal at all if you ask me. And it looks like you can do it every two years. Sweet deal![/QUOTE]
I think some people do it more frequently than every two years.

I put an order in last week. The current monthly offer for Beauty and the Beast 3D at $25 is a good deal for a commitment title.

At this point, I'm waiting until someone actually receives A Bug's Life and can confirm whether it's in blu-ray packaging or DVD packaging. So if one of you that have had it shipped already can post that info when you receive it, I'd appreciate it.

Update. I logged back in to my account today to redeem BARSOOM for 25 points, and had a new offer I had qualified for. It turned out to be the John Carter ticket afterall. So, it does appear that if you register National Treasure + another movie, get the blu-ray, then wait a few days, that the John Carter ticket will show up...

[quote name='arcane93']At this point, I'm waiting until someone actually receives A Bug's Life and can confirm whether it's in blu-ray packaging or DVD packaging. So if one of you that have had it shipped already can post that info when you receive it, I'd appreciate it.[/QUOTE]I'd also like to know if it's the combo pack or just the stand-alone BD.

I'm almost positive it'll be in DVD packaging, and probably come with the TIn too. I don't see why they would show the DVD packaging specifically for that one, and the blu-ray packaging for the others.

It'll take a few days, if not a week or more before people start getting theirs so I guess we'll find out then.

Glad I've been sitting on some codes. I'll put them in tonight and pick up Bugs Life. I still need it.

[quote name='HunteR7411']Got my free movie today. 1-2 week shipping time i believe[/QUOTE]

Which one? And packaging???

My wife got a movie on her account, we had a code and a generous CAG gave us another code.

I bought a DMR code for $5 on Ebay that will get me a free ticket to John Carter up to $12 (a few of the codes are only worth up to $8 if you read the fine print).
I also bought another random code for $3. Now I can get a $4 movie from DMR on my account too. Sell that movie and make all our money back. Kind of a lot of work to get a free movie ticket though.

[quote name='ssjmichael']DVD packaging for Bug's Life confirmed by someone at blu-ray.com[/QUOTE]

The DVD packaging for the combo pack was shown on the rewards screen. It seems pretty obvious which copy they are going to send people, and people still bitch about it. I'm not talking about u ssj, the person from bluray.com

[quote name='doodmandood']I don't mind.

It's not like it's the end of the world.[/QUOTE]

Still a great deal!

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']The DVD packaging for the combo pack was shown on the rewards screen. It seems pretty obvious which copy they are going to send people, and people still bitch about it. I'm not talking about u ssj, the person from bluray.com[/QUOTE]

Yeah it really shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone since that's what was pictured. Some here were holding out to see what kind of packaging it has, so I guess they'll refuse to buy it now too. I own the movie, but if I didn't, I wouldn't care what size packaging it came in. I care more about the movie than the plastic it's stored in, but hey that's me.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah it really shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone since that's what was pictured. Some here were holding out to see what kind of packaging it has, so I guess they'll refuse to buy it now too. I own the movie, but if I didn't, I wouldn't care what size packaging it came in. I care more about the movie than the plastic it's stored in, but hey that's me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasn't trying to sound like an ass, but people complain about everything. It's only $3. I mean u do have to use 2 codes, but even still, it's identical to what's inside the bluray size case. People sell cases with artwork on eBay all the time, so the people that want that artwork should check there.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Yeah, I wasn't trying to sound like an ass, but people complain about everything. It's only $3. I mean u do have to use 2 codes, but even still, it's identical to what's inside the bluray size case. People sell cases with artwork on eBay all the time, so the people that want that artwork should check there.[/QUOTE]
You're not an ass. People are just stupid. It doesn't matter if it was shipped free, in blu-ray cases, with no need for codes. Some people would still complain that the selection sucks.

I want A Bug's Life. Case doesn't phase me. I hope it comes in a DVD eco-case just because I know people will freak out about that.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah it really shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone since that's what was pictured. [/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair, unless you specifically know what the various packages look like, you wouldn't necessarily know that's the DVD packaging. I honestly wouldn't have had any idea if someone here hadn't said something. The way that they have it sized in the picture makes it look like it's the same height as the blu-ray cases behind it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Some here were holding out to see what kind of packaging it has, so I guess they'll refuse to buy it now too. I own the movie, but if I didn't, I wouldn't care what size packaging it came in. I care more about the movie than the plastic it's stored in, but hey that's me.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, my shelves are set up for blu-ray sized cases at this point, and I'd have to either rearrange my shelving to accommodate it or store it somewhere separately. Not necessarily a huge deal, but a strike against it. And I'm not sitting on any DMR codes at the moment (yes, I was dumb and redeemed the ones that I had already) -- if I'd had some, I might have ordered it regardless, but as it is, I'm not going to go out of my way to get some for it (whereas I might have gone to a bit more effort if it had been in a blu-ray case).

My suspicion is that Disney had a lot of copies of the DVD case version left over that didn't sell, and so they're using this offer to unload them.

[quote name='mitch079']Option B - go buy/get a replacement case and print out the cover art.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like I said, if I had the DMR codes I'd do it, just not going to go out of my way to get them. If I end up with codes before the offer ends or they run out of stock, I'll probably order it. Or maybe I'll order Bridge to Terabithia instead, though I really don't know much about it beyond that some of the screenshots that I've seen look pretty cool.

I can understand if you didn't know. But a lot of people did know what that version was, and we're complaining cuz that's the one they got.... Btw they have so many because this version wasn't sold in stores, it was a Disney movie club exclusive before the bluray version DVD combo pack came out. Btw, if anyone does want the bluray case, email Disney. It's $3.95 for the first case, and a dollar each for any other replacement cases or slip covers after that.

I just received my copy of 'Bridge'... so that's cool.

It's too bad they just added 'Dinosaur' because I've been trying to make a point of picking up all of the "canon" Disney animated titles on Blu... I guess I'll just wait for some other day to pick that one up, as it's not high on the list for me. Although it's annoying as that's the only one available that I don't have... ugh.

[quote name='larrythefatcat']I just received my copy of 'Bridge'... so that's cool.

It's too bad they just added 'Dinosaur' because I've been trying to make a point of picking up all of the "canon" Disney animated titles on Blu... I guess I'll just wait for some other day to pick that one up, as it's not high on the list for me. Although it's annoying as that's the only one available that I don't have... ugh.[/QUOTE]

So, does it have a DMR code in it?

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I can understand if you didn't know. But a lot of people did know what that version was, and we're complaining cuz that's the one they got.... Btw they have so many because this version wasn't sold in stores, it was a Disney movie club exclusive before the bluray version DVD combo pack came out. Btw, if anyone does want the bluray case, email Disney. It's $3.95 for the first case, and a dollar each for any other replacement cases or slip covers after that.[/QUOTE]

So I can order slipcovers from Disney on demand just by emailing them?

A side question about DMR: How often do they add new rewards (specifically Blu-Rays)? I'm not into collectables so there really isn't anything I want anymore (after redeeming for Camp Rock & The Game Plan blu-rays).

Also this thread has taught me to save the codes for a rainy day (or special offer) and not just input them as soon as I get them.

I also signed up for the Disney Movie club because of this topic.

Ended up getting:

Winnie the Pooh BD/DVD
Up BD/DVD
Wall-E BD/DVD
Ratatouille BD/DVD
Cars BD/DVD
Cars 2 BD/DVD
A Bug's Life BD/DVD (I know I know... what can I say, I'm anal about having the blu-ray case to match all the other Pixar/Disney movies)
Lion King 1 1/2 BD/DVD
Lion King 2 BD/DVD
Beauty & The Beast 3D/BD/DVD

I was able to still get the Lion King 1 1/2 & 2 for $35 offer so I got that. 10 combo packs for $88.43. Love it. My commitments are done after these so I'll probably cancel the account and sign back up for more...

[quote name='Blaster man']So, does it have a DMR code in it?[/QUOTE]

'Bridge' does, indeed, have a DMR code included... but I don't know how many points it happens to be.

(I would guess 100 or 125)

About once a month you'll have new DMR rewards. You'll know they're there when the HOT PICKS video changes.

I'm halfway to getting the studio tour.

Not interested in Maniacal Mickey? That figure looks freak'n crazy. Too bad I don't have enough points for it.

At least my Bug's Life is on the way. The dvd case doesn't bother me. We're getting BOTH blu-ray and DVD discs. Not complaining one bit.

How were you able to get the Lion King movies from the club? I dont see this listed to be picked.

[quote name='invictus515']A side question about DMR: How often do they add new rewards (specifically Blu-Rays)? I'm not into collectables so there really isn't anything I want anymore (after redeeming for Camp Rock & The Game Plan blu-rays).

Also this thread has taught me to save the codes for a rainy day (or special offer) and not just input them as soon as I get them.

Ended up getting:

Winnie the Pooh BD/DVD
Up BD/DVD
Wall-E BD/DVD
Ratatouille BD/DVD
Cars BD/DVD
Cars 2 BD/DVD
A Bug's Life BD/DVD (I know I know... what can I say, I'm anal about having the blu-ray case to match all the other Pixar/Disney movies)
Lion King 1 1/2 BD/DVD
Lion King 2 BD/DVD

I was able to still get the Lion King 1 1/2 & 2 for $35 offer so I got that. 10 combo packs for $88.43. Love it. My commitments are done after these so I'll probably cancel the account and sign back up for more...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ajh2298']How were you able to get the Lion King movies from the club? I dont see this listed to be picked.[/QUOTE]

I read on the blu-ray.com thread about the movie club that someone called in 2 days before I did and was still able to get the Lion King 1 1/2 & 2 for $35 so I called in myself and tried my luck.

It worked. The lady I was on the phone with said they could still manually override it (but I don't know for how much longer they can).

In the email they sent me confirming my order, I had one listed for 29.95 and the other listed for 20.something, but on my card it was only charged as 29.95 and 5.

[quote name='invictus515']A side question about DMR: How often do they add new rewards (specifically Blu-Rays)? I'm not into collectables so there really isn't anything I want anymore (after redeeming for Camp Rock & The Game Plan blu-rays).

Ended up getting:

Winnie the Pooh BD/DVD
Up BD/DVD
Wall-E BD/DVD
Ratatouille BD/DVD
Cars BD/DVD
Cars 2 BD/DVD
Lion King 1 1/2 BD/DVD
Lion King 2 BD/DVD

I was able to still get the Lion King 1 1/2 & 2 for $35 offer so I got that. 10 combo packs for $88.43. Love it. My commitments are done after these so I'll probably cancel the account and sign back up for more...[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up, the Lion King 1 1/2 and 2 for $35 only count as one towards your commitment. It's in the print. Just letting you know.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Just a heads up, the Lion King 1 1/2 and 2 for $35 only count as one towards your commitment. It's in the print. Just letting you know.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. I used that promo code to sign up so I got one commitment movie through the initial, then one of the Lion Kings and the Beauty & The Beast 3D as my other two commitments.

[quote name='invictus515']Yeah, I know. I used that promo code to sign up so I got one commitment movie through the initial, then one of the Lion Kings and the Beauty & The Beast 3D as my other two commitments.[/QUOTE]

Ok, cool cool, yeah I was going to buy 1 1/2 and 2 because I thought they counted as 2 movies, but only as one so I didn't. I think I need 2 more movies to fill my commitment. So far I haven't spent much.

[quote name='M3wThr33']So I can order slipcovers from Disney on demand just by emailing them?[/QUOTE]

You email them, look for their movie support page. Then they tell you to mail them a check and a list of what you need. They also provide toy story toy box and other things like that. It's pretty cool of them to do that. I did it a few months ago. Got 2 boxes and 4 slips, was $8.95.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Ok, cool cool, yeah I was going to buy 1 1/2 and 2 because I thought they counted as 2 movies, but only as one so I didn't. I think I need 2 more movies to fill my commitment. So far I haven't spent much. [/QUOTE]

Yeah I wasn't really planning on getting the two Lion King movies but with getting those two at $35 and Beauty & The Beast 3D at $25, it came out to the same amount as buying two "regular" movies at $30 each.

Three for the price of two? Sounds good to me.

Plus I was planning on re-signing up after cancelling the current account after my commitments were filled to get more movies (Nightmare Before Christmas, Tron Classic, Tron Legacy, etc).

What is the promo code you guys keep bringing up for for the movie club? And as far the newer movie go like the Lion King ones and BatB 3D do you have to call for those or do you have to wait to be able to pick those?
I do not see those on the inital list of movies you get to pick your 4 for a $1.00 from.

[quote name='ajh2298']What is the promo code you guys keep bringing up for for the movie club? And as far the newer movie go like the Lion King ones and BatB 3D do you have to call for those or do you have to wait to be able to pick those?
I do not see those on the inital list of movies you get to pick your 4 for a $1.00 from.[/QUOTE]

Go to: Disney Blu-Ray Club
Enter promo code: 17674B

You'll know the code worked when you see these options:

Pick 5 movies for $1 (that's $1 total)
Pick a 6th for $11.95 (this one DOES count towards your commitments)
Pick a 7th for $8.95 (this one does NOT count towards your commitments)

In the initial 7, you can choose any movie $34.95 and under so it's probably smarter to get the more expensive titles that you want here instead of as your full-price commitment titles. If you put something that costs more than $34.95, you'll have to pay full price for it.

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE SUBTOTAL BEFORE HITTING SUBMIT. If you filled all 7 slots, your total should come out to $21.90.

As for titles, the folks over at the blu-ray.com forums made an incredible spreadsheet of what you can choose from. There is also a tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet for Grown Up Titles for even more choices.

Spreadsheet

What I did was copy the spreadsheets (both tabs) to an Excel spreadsheet so I could sort by price to see which $34.95 titles (if any) I wanted to get in my initial order. I also color coded the movies to help me sort through everything (Red for items over $34.95, blue for items I already have, yellow for items I want, and black for items that I don't want under any circumstances such as the DVD packaging blu-rays). To use the spreadsheet, go back to the Disney Movie Club page and just click on any movie so you get its specific page.

In the URL, at the very end (or close to it) you'll see: &catEntryBluRay=(numbers)

Replace those numbers with the numbers listed as Website's Item Number on the spreadsheet. Since you're only replacing the item number, you won't be taken your chosen movie's specific page (the description will still be of the original movie), but you can click on the Add Blu-Ray button to add it to your list.

Using that promo code, you have to buy a total of 3 commitment titles, but if you purchased that 6th title in your initial order, you now only need 2 more commitment titles. At the end of the day, if you get all 7 movies for your initial order, as well as the 2 full priced movies (at $29.95) you should get 9 movies for around $90.

READ ALL THE FINE PRINT TO MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE GETTING IN TO.

More info can be found on the blu-ray.com forum's topic about the Disney Movie Club. They also have an extremely useful FAQ which is linked to in the first post of the topic.

Blu-ray.com's Topic

[quote name='marginal']So the $24.95 Beauty and the Beast 3D definitely counts as a commitment title?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a featured title for the month.

I asked the lady I was on the phone with maybe like 4 times to make sure that one of the Lion Kings and the Beauty & The Beast 3D counted towards the commitments. I bet she was getting annoyed... hahaha

"So... Lion King 1 1/2 and Beauty & The Beast count towards my commitments right?"
"So with Lion King 1 1/2 and Beauty & The Beast count as two commitments, and one of my initial movies count towards a commitment title?
"So after this order and my initial order, I should have all three commitment titles right?"
"Just to make sure, could you tell me which three titles from my orders are commitment titles?"

[quote name='Hibiwa']Not interested in Maniacal Mickey? That figure looks freak'n crazy. Too bad I don't have enough points for it.

At least my Bug's Life is on the way. The dvd case doesn't bother me. We're getting BOTH blu-ray and DVD discs. Not complaining one bit.[/QUOTE]

I had a lot of points saved up, so I got the Maniacal Mickey. Looks awesome, it came out a few years back, but I never bought it.

Still haven't received my movie yet, which is odd because the movies I've gotten in the past from DMR arrived in a week or less.

[quote name='Hibiwa']At least my Bug's Life is on the way. The dvd case doesn't bother me. We're getting BOTH blu-ray and DVD discs. Not complaining one bit.[/QUOTE]

Hm. Are you certain about that? If this is the Disney Movie Club exclusive, it might be just the blu-ray disc, not the combo pack.

The combo pack tin had similar packaging, but I think it's a different product.

I ordered before I realized this. I'd be nice if it was the combo pack, because I don't have a blu-ray player!

So "Dinosaur" is replacing "A Bug's Life?" Hmmm...I wish Disney released "Dinosaur" with a track of all Dinosaur sounds. I loved the movie visuals, but Della Reese as an old Styracosaurus was too much.

bread's done
Back