ENDING TODAY!! Free Disney blu-ray ($3.95 shipping) when you buy two at DMR

lionheart4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Link: http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/twoforblu

Basically redeem the magic code for two Disney movies or CD's and you can choose a free movie from one of these 3:
Dinosaur
Bridge to Terabithia
Tinkerbell

+ get 125 points. Not a big selection and you pay the shipping and handling, so not technically free but might be worthwhile for someone if you have codes laying around or were going to buy some Disney movies anyway. Plus it doesn't look like it requires redemption of any saved points. This runs until 5/31 as pointed out by ssjmichael.

Also purchases can be from anytime, so even if you have movies left from black friday or other sales that you haven't redeemed codes for yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Woodlands']Hm. Are you certain about that? If this is the Disney Movie Club exclusive, it might be just the blu-ray disc, not the combo pack.

The combo pack tin had similar packaging, but I think it's a different product.

I ordered before I realized this. I'd be nice if it was the combo pack, because I don't have a blu-ray player![/QUOTE]
I got mine last week. It's in DVD case with DVD and Bluray disc. It also has DVD Slipcover... Do you have any idea where I can download a Bluray case cover of "A Bugs Life"? Thanks!

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I had a lot of points saved up, so I got the Maniacal Mickey. Looks awesome, it came out a few years back, but I never bought it.

Still haven't received my movie yet, which is odd because the movies I've gotten in the past from DMR arrived in a week or less.[/QUOTE]

I haven't received mine either, despite getting a shipment notice 8 days ago now...

[quote name='rhenzhen']I got mine last week. It's in DVD case with DVD and Bluray disc.[/QUOTE]

Oh, good! Now I'm excited again. I haven't gotten a shipping notification yet, although I ordered late on Friday so it might just be Monday backlog...

Both my DMR movie (Bugs Life) and my DMC order came in today!

Only problem was the Princess and the Frog case, slip and cover were crushed. Will have to switch that one out. Still an awesome deal!

Received my bugs life blu ray today with the DVD casing. Amazing deal for 3.95.

I'm typing from my cell phone right now but I'm sure that cdcovers.cc website or whatever it's called has bluray cover art. If not hopefully someone posts some custom art or something on this thread.

Just realized I had a sealed copy of Chicken Little I got from DMR for my b-day one year that has a code in it. So now I have 2, but I'm not sure which movie to go for.

I hear Bridge to Terabithia is sad so I'm not sure if I'm up for that, definitely don't want Tinker Bell, and I own A Bug's Life so I guess that leaves Dinosaur. I watched the trailer for it and the animation wasn't really my thing. I could just get one to resell I guess, or perhaps hold on to my codes for a better deal.

edit: Went with Bridge to Terabithia. Heard the movie has amazing PQ/AQ, and it got really good reviews. If it's sad oh well, It's the one I'm most interested in seeing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Received my bugs life blu ray today with the DVD casing.[/QUOTE]

THIS. I was a bit disappointed :cry:. Now I need to get a blu ray case so it matches my other disney blu rays.

A_Bug%27s_Life_R1-%5Bcdcovers_cc%5D-front.jpg

I used my Remember the Titans and looked through DVDs that people gave my kid years ago and found another code from when Ratatouille was released. Grabbed her Tinkerbell.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Where can you buy the blue empty cases? I have the clear ones...[/QUOTE]

Most common place to get them at is eBay, you can buy them in bulk there. It's really helpful to have them in hand if you buy a lot of movies from Block Buster (if there is one near you, lol) or eBay. I can't count how many cracked cases I have because of that.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Received my bugs life blu ray today with the DVD casing. Amazing deal for 3.95.

I'm typing from my cell phone right now but I'm sure that cdcovers.cc website or whatever it's called has bluray cover art. If not hopefully someone posts some custom art or something on this thread.[/QUOTE]

Cover Art

Man, wish they had added Dinosaur earlier. Would have loved to get that one since A) I don't own it even on DVD, and B) I've never seen it.

Yeah I still don't have my disc either.

I'll need to print some cover art for Bug's Life and Bridesmaids, my sister and I "split" the cost of the DVD/BR version, and she of course bought the one in the DVD case :/

Got my BD/DVD copy of A Bug's Life today. I was slightly disappointed to get the DVD-case version though. Has anyone tried contacting DMR to have it replaced for the BD-case version? It just looks so awkward on my shelf... and I don't feel like buying bulk in blank cases just to replace one case.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Got my BD/DVD copy of A Bug's Life today. I was slightly disappointed to get the DVD-case version though. Has anyone tried contacting DMR to have it replaced for the BD-case version? It just looks so awkward on my shelf... and I don't feel like buying bulk in blank cases just to replace one case.[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid you aren't going to have much of any luck getting a replacement as I'm fairly certain that the discs DMR is sending out are excess stock... that and A Bug's Life had "Limited quantities" underneath it in the original picture.

It was also quite clear in the picture that this wasn't the blue-bordered version of the combo pack which was the version in the standard Blu-ray-sized case.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Almost 3 weeks now since my original order, 10 days since they shipped it, and still no disc...[/QUOTE]

Ordered my Tinker Bell 2/29 & it shipped 3/2 & I haven't received it yet. Called DMR today & was told I have to allow up to 14 business days (the 22nd is the 14th business day). Since it shipped on a Friday it's had 3 damned weekends. I ordered Dinosaur which shipped on Wednesday (in a 2nd account) & figure maybe I'll have it by Easter.

I'm pretty sure I started up a second DMR account at some point so I think I might get Dinosaur, as well.

I might also try for a second John Carter ticket... does anyone know if the Tron Legacy 3D combo pack code works for that one? I see that DMR lists only DVDs of some movies and the 3D combo pack for Tron 2 definitely isn't on that list... but it does say Tron combo pack so maybe it's including the 3D one, too? If anyone has or hasn't gotten it to work please chime in. Thanks!

Bug's Life blu + dvd in DVD case finally showed up on Saturday. Still fine with the packaging since I've got plenty of other DVDs to stack along with.

Hope DMR does this again.

My Bug's Life shipped out March 5th, and I still have not received it. Some postal worker must be physically running (or walking) it to my address. :lol:

Got A Bug's Life yesterday, took 10 days. It shipped via media mail with a confirmation # which I don't see why they couldn't provide us with it.

Got my Bugs Life blu/DVD.

I don't care about the box.

If anyone has the blu ray insert AND a high quality scanner, you would be a god in this thread.

Thanks again OP!

[quote name='metallicoholic']Got my BD/DVD copy of A Bug's Life today. I was slightly disappointed to get the DVD-case version though. Has anyone tried contacting DMR to have it replaced for the BD-case version? It just looks so awkward on my shelf... and I don't feel like buying bulk in blank cases just to replace one case.[/QUOTE]
Received mine today, unfortunately it was the same version as yours.

[quote name='doodmandood']Got my Bugs Life blu/DVD.

I don't care about the box.

If anyone has the blu ray insert AND a high quality scanner, you would be a god in this thread.

Thanks again OP![/QUOTE]
+1

For those that wish to replace their A Bug's Life DVD case with a Blu-ray case, I did some searching and found this on blu-ray.com:

I thought some might like to know that I asked Disney if they sold replacement cases and this was their reply:

"Thank you for your e-mail. We are happy to let you know that o-sleeves, wraps, and cases can be purchased for a nominal charge. The cost for these items in a single shipment is $3.95 for the first item, and $1.00 for each additional item.

If you would like to purchase an o-sleeve, wrap, or case, you may send $3.95 (add $1.00 for each additional item) to our Consumer Relations Department to cover shipping and handling for these items. To take advantage of this offer, a check or money order (made payable to WDSHE Consumer Relations) along with a letter of intent should be sent to:

WDSHE Consumer Relations
PO Box 3100
Neenah, WI 54957-3100

If you need further information or have any other questions please contact us at 1-800-723-4763, Mondays 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST.

Thank you,

Walt Disney Studios Distribution Technical Support"

[quote name='EvlAsh']Received mine today, unfortunately it was the same version as yours.

+1[/QUOTE]

Why not just trim the dvd sized cover (with a paper trimmer preferably)? I'm happy with mine.

Pics:
blife2.jpg

blife1.jpg

Still haven't gotten mine... I got the shipped email on 03/01/12. I'll call them up tomorrow I guess.

Does anyone know the number I need to call? The "Contact Us" page on the Disney Movie Rewards site only has an email form to fill out.

Funny, but I only just got notified of this deal today.

I still need to buy one more Disney title, since I think the only unregistered one I have right now is the Nausicaa bluray.

[quote name='invictus515']Still haven't gotten mine... I got the shipped email on 03/01/12. I'll call them up tomorrow I guess.

Does anyone know the number I need to call? The "Contact Us" page on the Disney Movie Rewards site only has an email form to fill out.[/QUOTE]

Just got off the phone with them. They said that after movies leave their warehouse, it goes to another warehouse in Illinois which them ships them out. She used the tracking number and saw it had no activity since 03/06/12. She said she would send out a replacement. Guess I'm playing the waiting game again...

If anyone needs the number, it's 1-866-246-8646.

[quote name='catabarez']How long did it take for you guys to get it? Mine shipped on the 8th.[/QUOTE]

The girl on the phone told me it takes 7-14 business days. Today was the 15th day for me so I called them up.

[quote name='tyron3biggum5']Why not just trim the dvd sized cover (with a paper trimmer preferably)? I'm happy with mine.

Pics:
blife2.jpg

blife1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Did the same thing with mine. I had learned from the Dance in the Vampire Bund anime set that was blu-ray but came in DVD sized packaging.
I trimmed both of mine from the top and bottom as well as both sides though, so it came out a bit nicer IMO.

I'm content to just keep doing that when I have something oversized. No one that has seen DitVB has noticed and my wife didn't know about Bug's Life until I told her.

[quote name='invictus515']Still haven't gotten mine... I got the shipped email on 03/01/12.[/QUOTE] Just to chime in, I ordered on 3/1 and got a shipped notice 3/7. I have received nothing.

Ordered on 3/7, shipped on 3/12, received 3/22, for anyone keeping stats. Thanks to OP for posting this.

Anyone have a Disney code to spare or possibly trade? I have a Beauty and the Beast BluRay code that I cannot use again, I would trade for something else if someone is willing to do that.

Thanks!

A paper trimmer comes in handy for stuff like that, but if you don't have one you can always use a ruler and a sharp knife. Just press the ruler down and go straight across with the knife, maybe twice. You'll get pretty much the same result as a paper trimmer if the knife is sharp enough.

Put this off too long and it looks like they dropped A Bug's Life, which was what I was going to get and switched in Dinosaur. I could just upgrade the kids' Tinkerbell DVD up to Blu I guess.

I hope they run out of stock on one of those three and offer something better since I would have wanted Bugs Life but cant get that now!

bread's done
Back