Enormous Xbox Marketplace sale starts next week

WV Matsui

CAG Newbie
Dozens of Xbox 360 games are set to go on sale from next Tuesday, 18th December, with additional daily discounts until New Year's Eve.

If you are Silver check out this thread for two months of Gold for just $2 and you can still cash in on the good deals!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334688

18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 pts (50% off)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 pts (66% off)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 pts (50% off)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 600 pts (25% off)
Wreckateer - 200 pts (75% off)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 pts (50% off)
Peggle - 400 pts (50% off)
PeggleNights Content Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 pts (50% off)
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 pts (50% off)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 pts (66% off)
RAW
A World of Keflings - 400 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 160 pts (50% off)
Kinect Party - FREE
Kinect Party Mystery DLC - FREE
Kinect Party Star Gazer DLC - FREE
Jet Set Radio - 400 pts (50% off)
Super Meat Boy - 600 pts (50% off)
RAW - 400 pts (50% off)

Games on Demand titles
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 800 pts (33% off)
Rock Band 3 - 800 pts

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3 - 2400 points ($30)
Collection 1 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 2 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 3 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 4 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman - 800 points ($10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1600 points ($20)
Lego Star Wars III - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones - 800 points ($10)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 800 points ($10)
Lego Harry Potter - 800 points ($10)

20th: Platformer Games

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 600 pts
Sonic Adventure 2 - 400 pts
Rayman Origins - 800 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400 pts
Mark of the Ninja - 600 pts (50% off)
Trine 2 - 400 pts (50% off)

21st: Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire - 1600 pts (33% off)
Red Dead Redemption - 1600 pts (33% off)
Max Payne 3 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)

22nd: Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Tony Hawk Pro Skater - 600 pts (50% off)

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games

Dust: An Elysian Tail - 600 pts (50% off)
Deadlight - 600 pts (50% off)
Hybrid - 400 pts (50% off)

24th: Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Trials HD - 400 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Thrills - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials Evolution - 800 pts (33% off)
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain - 200 pts (50% off)

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder - 400 pts (67% off)
Rock of Ages - 200 pts (75% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 pts (50% off)
Leedmees - 200 pts (75% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Christmas Present - FREE

26th: Counter Strike: GO

Counter Strike: GO - 600 pts (50% off)

27th: Borderlands

Borderlands - 800 pts (50% off)
Borderlands 2 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - 1800 pts (25% off - same as Gears of War 3 in last years sale)

28th: The Walking Dead
Episode 1 of the WD will be FREE Dec 25-31

The Walking Dead Episode 1 - FREE
The Walking Dead Episode 2 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 3 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 4 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 5 - 200 pts

29th: Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 800 pts
Cars 2: The Video Game - 1600 pts
Crash Of The Titans - 800 pts
Toy Story 3 - 800 pts
Crazy Taxi - 200 pts
The Splatters - 200 pts (75% off)

30th: Fighting

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - 600 pts
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400 pts
Street Fighter III: Online Edition - 600 pts
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre - 400 pts
Dungeon Defenders - 600 pts

31st: Skyrim and Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2400 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard - 800 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire - 200 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 800 pts (33% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles - 600 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine - 200 pts (50% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. Was waiting for a Dust sale.

I'm real curious to see what the games on demand sales will be.

[quote name='argyle']Looks like the 20th is the day for me - gonna pick up either Fez or Mark of the Ninja, possibly both depending on price. Which is considered to be the better of the two?[/QUOTE]

Mark of the Ninja is way better than Fez.

Also, not sure this thread is necessary, since this is all in the XBox Live thread OP

I knew I should have waited to get Mark of the Ninja and Dawnguard, but I was too impatient! I do have to say though, Bethesda...just man the frock up and put Dragonborn on sale too!

Oh, and this sale is why I rarely buy the SoA games during the summer anymore. They always go on sale at the end of the year...

in for sonic 4 ep 2! Was hopiing Guardians of Middle Earth would be on that list...also, when will they/you release the pricing for some of these? I want to know if this are actually going to be a good deal before I go get MS points.

My list.

18-24 - depending on price
SONIC 4 Episode II
RAW
Jet Set Radio

20th
Mark of the Ninja

23rd
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Deadlight - maybe

Well it looks like MS learned their lesson from that crap holiday sale last year! Man this is overwhelming! Its a festivous miracle!

How much are the walking dead episodes normally, 800? Even with one free and the others at 400 points thats still 1600!

Fez, mark of the ninja, and the borderlands pass if it's cheap enough... And then theres all the maybe stuff that I've heard about but aren't familiar to me like Dust etc...

[quote name='Althax']How much are the walking dead episodes normally, 800? Even with one free and the others at 400 points thats still 1600![/QUOTE]
They're 400 normally.

Thanks for the info! I will be looking into these.
Also: +500 internet points t XV Matsui for not using the word blowout in the title! :)

All of these depend on the final price, here's hoping 50% off, but I can see some only being 30%.

18th - 31st December sale items
The Simpsons Arcade Game - Current Price: 800
A World of Keflings: Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - Current Price: 320
A World of Keflings: It Came From Outer Space - Current Price: 320

20th: Platformer Games (I think these will be 30% off due to how new they are, hope I am wrong though)
Mark of the Ninja - Current Price: 1200
Trine 2 - Current Price: 1200

22nd: TBA

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games (I think these will be 30% off due to how new they are, hope I am wrong though)
Dust: An Elysian Tail - Current Price: 1200
Deadlight - Current Price: 1200

26th: TBA

28th: The Walking Dead
The Walking Dead Episode 2-5 - Current Price: 400/each

Total points: 7840
If 50% off: 3920...thankful for the Target point sale for sure...but that is still a lot of points.....

Cool, glad I waited on Mark of the Ninja and Dust: An Elysian Tail. I'll pick those up and maybe some Games On Demand if the prices are right. I think I have about $70 in points so I should be good to go.

Not a bad list. I recently got about 6000 points from the Gamestop glitch and I'm glad I held onto it. I'll definitely pick up Dust and a few GoD titles. Too bad the Dragonborn DLC isn't on sale, but I think I'll pick that up on the PC version anyway.

I will buy all the Walking Deads. ALL OF THEM. And maybe the Borderlands 2 season pass, as I'm concerned my Argentinian friend may fail to deliver in the future.

[quote name='BNoyes']Not a bad list. I recently got about 6000 points from the Gamestop glitch and I'm glad I held onto it. I'll definitely pick up Dust and a few GoD titles. Too bad the Dragonborn DLC isn't on sale, but I think I'll pick that up on the PC version anyway.[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to know what the GS glitch was, love hearing stuff like that.

Also

For TWD episode 1, is it free to play in those days or free to purchase for 0 points to keep?

[quote name='D0RC']Just wanted to know what the GS glitch was, love hearing stuff like that.

Also

For TWD episode 1, is it free to play in those days or free to purchase for 0 points to keep?[/QUOTE]

There were selling two 1200 point games for $10 each (I think it was Worms and something else), but instead of the games you just got the points. So basically you could get $15 in points for $10. It went on for a few hours until they fixed it.

I spent $50 and got $75 worth of MS points to spend during their holiday sales. Not a bad deal when you consider how rarely MS points go on sale, especially if you sped the points on sale items and get a double discount.

been holding out on buying sonic 4 episode 2 for sometime and was just about to purchase mark of the ninja this weekend.

perfect timing i'll just wait a week or so.

+ borderlands 2 season pass

Boo on the BL2 season pass being on sale. Bought it day 1 and still have played either of the first 2 DLC haha.

Skyrim dlc being on sale is tempting, but Ill hold out for the GOTY version with all the DLC since I already played through the main game then traded in.

Excited for Sonic Adventure 2 and all the LEGO games! I'm hoping some of them are 400 MSP but 800 seems more likely.

[quote name='Corvin']Borderlands season pass deal already? Damn. Oh well. Lesson learned for BL3. [/QUOTE]

Heh, same. And I told myself I learned the lesson on BL1 when I bought all the DLC at release and ended up spending well over $100 on the game in all. Then I got BL2 at launch, have been loving the hell out of it, decided to get the season pass thinking at the earliest it would go on sale in the summer, then I see Gearbox is trickling out all kinds of DLC that isn't part of the season pass. I love that game, but boy, they milk the franchises about as hard as humanly possible. My teets are raw.

Some of these sales look pretty good. But i'd REALLY like to see a sale on Minecraft. I'd pick that up for $10. They think their sales are great now? Think about what they'd sell if they sold it for $10 for 24 hours.

dammit, i should've gone out to get the MS pts at Target on BF.

oh well, plan on picking up Simpsons Arcade, Fez, Trials Evo, BL2 Season pass, and Walking Dead eps 1 :)

Really glad Microsoft is trying to make up for their lackluster Halloween and Holiday (so far) specials, but I'll pass on what is offered. Haven't purchased any games of the week (or DLC) for a long, long time. Holding out hope for a better New Year's deal. Anybody remember if there was a kick-ass end of year sale a couple years ago? I seem to recall one...

And to think, I was just about to plunk down the cash for Mark of the Ninja. Gotta love being a CAG. I would buy the Walking Dead, but I gotta see what Sony is doing with PS Plus for the holidays since they had put the first two episodes up eariler in the year. I wish Karateka was on sale. That game is very fun.

Phew....I was literally one click away from buying the Trials HD and Evo DLC the other day.

But I figured I should wait a few days to see if they were on the holiday discount list. Glad to see they are.

Plants vs. Zombies
Peggle
Fez
Borderlands 2 Season Pass
The Walking Dead Episode 2
The Walking Dead Episode 3
The Walking Dead Episode 4
The Walking Dead Episode 5
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles

Hoping for some deep discounts shame I just bought episode 1 of walking dead but it was well worth it hell of a fun and deep game..

really want to know if the TBA is going to be Guardians of Middle Earth, cause then I'll wait to get it, otherwise I was hoping to buy it whenever I get my bing points... :mad:

Are the Banjo Kazooie / Tooie games considered games on demand? I've wanted those games for the longest but 1200 is way too much for me.

I knew I should have waited on Borderlands Season Pass. It is exactly like how Gear of War 3 ended up last year. I would guess it will be 1800 points. I think that is what the sale was last year. Unless you are waiting on a GOTY I recommend the Season pass. 1st two dlcs are great. Was considering Walking Dead on disc but if you can get digital version for $10? Then I will bite (no pun intended).

[quote name='berzirk']Heh, same. And I told myself I learned the lesson on BL1 when I bought all the DLC at release and ended up spending well over $100 on the game in all. Then I got BL2 at launch, have been loving the hell out of it, decided to get the season pass thinking at the earliest it would go on sale in the summer, then I see Gearbox is trickling out all kinds of DLC that isn't part of the season pass. I love that game, but boy, they milk the franchises about as hard as humanly possible. My teets are raw.[/QUOTE]

If by other dlc you are referring to previous dlc that was exclusive to gamestop pre-orders and collectors editions then yes they are milking. Otherwise one might say they are offering dlc you should not get at prices (400 points) WAY below what Ebay was selling them at.

Interested in Dust: Elysian Tail. I really enjoyed the demo, so I'm glad to see a price drop on this soon :) Thanks OP! Might actually be interested in some of the Lego titles too.

Why does Banjo Kazooie never go one sale! :whistle2:\ well looks like ill be buying the Borderlands 2 season pass hope they give a good discount.

[quote name='biggie2123']Are the Banjo Kazooie / Tooie games considered games on demand? I've wanted those games for the longest but 1200 is way too much for me.[/QUOTE]

No, they're XBLA titles.

[quote name='Trojann']Why does Banjo Kazooie never go one sale! :whistle2:\ well looks like ill be buying the Borderlands 2 season pass hope they give a good discount.[/QUOTE]

Both Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie have been on sale (Tooie twice), most recently being mid-2011. Older games like this (Kazooie released in 08 and Tooie in 09) don't go on sale all that often. If you look at this sale, you'll see that almost everything listed is only about 3-10 months old.

[quote name='Tonious']Do I need gold for this sale?[/QUOTE]

Probably not.

Simpsons and the modwar3 dlc. Perhaps some other arcade games. I'll wait for the goty of bl2.

Still no Duke Nukem Forever dlc. Someday it will be complete.

I hope that 5710 points is enough for Fez, Dust An Elysian Tale, Trials Evolution, and Mark of the Ninja.

bread's done
Back