Enormous Xbox Marketplace sale starts next week

WV Matsui

CAG Newbie
Dozens of Xbox 360 games are set to go on sale from next Tuesday, 18th December, with additional daily discounts until New Year's Eve.

If you are Silver check out this thread for two months of Gold for just $2 and you can still cash in on the good deals!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334688

18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 pts (50% off)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 pts (66% off)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 pts (50% off)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 600 pts (25% off)
Wreckateer - 200 pts (75% off)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 pts (50% off)
Peggle - 400 pts (50% off)
PeggleNights Content Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 pts (50% off)
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 pts (50% off)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 pts (66% off)
RAW
A World of Keflings - 400 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 160 pts (50% off)
Kinect Party - FREE
Kinect Party Mystery DLC - FREE
Kinect Party Star Gazer DLC - FREE
Jet Set Radio - 400 pts (50% off)
Super Meat Boy - 600 pts (50% off)
RAW - 400 pts (50% off)

Games on Demand titles
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 800 pts (33% off)
Rock Band 3 - 800 pts

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3 - 2400 points ($30)
Collection 1 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 2 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 3 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 4 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman - 800 points ($10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1600 points ($20)
Lego Star Wars III - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones - 800 points ($10)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 800 points ($10)
Lego Harry Potter - 800 points ($10)

20th: Platformer Games

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 600 pts
Sonic Adventure 2 - 400 pts
Rayman Origins - 800 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400 pts
Mark of the Ninja - 600 pts (50% off)
Trine 2 - 400 pts (50% off)

21st: Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire - 1600 pts (33% off)
Red Dead Redemption - 1600 pts (33% off)
Max Payne 3 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)

22nd: Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Tony Hawk Pro Skater - 600 pts (50% off)

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games

Dust: An Elysian Tail - 600 pts (50% off)
Deadlight - 600 pts (50% off)
Hybrid - 400 pts (50% off)

24th: Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Trials HD - 400 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Thrills - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials Evolution - 800 pts (33% off)
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain - 200 pts (50% off)

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder - 400 pts (67% off)
Rock of Ages - 200 pts (75% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 pts (50% off)
Leedmees - 200 pts (75% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Christmas Present - FREE

26th: Counter Strike: GO

Counter Strike: GO - 600 pts (50% off)

27th: Borderlands

Borderlands - 800 pts (50% off)
Borderlands 2 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - 1800 pts (25% off - same as Gears of War 3 in last years sale)

28th: The Walking Dead
Episode 1 of the WD will be FREE Dec 25-31

The Walking Dead Episode 1 - FREE
The Walking Dead Episode 2 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 3 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 4 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 5 - 200 pts

29th: Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 800 pts
Cars 2: The Video Game - 1600 pts
Crash Of The Titans - 800 pts
Toy Story 3 - 800 pts
Crazy Taxi - 200 pts
The Splatters - 200 pts (75% off)

30th: Fighting

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - 600 pts
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400 pts
Street Fighter III: Online Edition - 600 pts
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre - 400 pts
Dungeon Defenders - 600 pts

31st: Skyrim and Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2400 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard - 800 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire - 200 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 800 pts (33% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles - 600 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine - 200 pts (50% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='B:L']Dang no Mass Effect DLC.

Oh well, this should combine well with the 100 point rebate on 2000 spent in December.

Deadlight
Dust
Mark of the Ninja

Hmm need to find more stuff to get.[/QUOTE]

There is still the TBA days. I wouldn't be surprised to see ME2 DLC. I'd be surprised if Omega was on sale. but it could possibly happen... If it did probably at 800 points.

People need to keep their expectations in check. Looking forward to the epic tears when the prices are just as bad as usual. Prove me wrong M$!

Wow so they decided to save a year's worth of sales for the last 2 weeks of 2012. I guess it's finally time to use all of those Bing points that have been collecting dust.

What are the guesses on walking dead episode prices? 300? Dare I hope for 200?! Whats a typical price for a discounted 400 point game?

Thanks for the heads up! I was going to buy Hydro Thunder Hurricane, but I can wait till Christmas to get it. Does anyone know if these offers will be posted on the Sales and Specials Xbox app? It's because I check that more regularly more than CAG.

In any case, with the awesome Black Friday sale the Microsoft Store had and this Xbox Live Marketplace sale, I'm glad to be going back to green after my PS3 YLOD.

Can anyone point me to a good place for me to trade my Skyrim download voucher for a 1600 point card? I really want to get rid of it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Nice, was hoping for a sale on Dawnguard and Hearthfire![/QUOTE]

I was hoping for a sale on the Forza Horizon Season Pass. That would give me an excuse to keep my copy of Forza Horizon instead of selling it at a $25.00 profit.

[quote name='ampatrao']People need to keep their expectations in check. Looking forward to the epic tears when the prices are just as bad as usual. Prove me wrong M$![/QUOTE]

I think the Microsoft Store online Black Friday sale showed they have the capacity to be generous. Noting that, I have faith that the LIVE game prices will at least be somewhat decent.

Did the OP ever give a source? I'm wondering if he's just trolling hard - seems odd to have The Walking Dead on sale so fast after it came out when it's been received so well and is on many peoples GOTY lists...

If it's true, there's PLENTY in that list I'll be jumping on.

[quote name='Ciffy']Did the OP ever give a source? I'm wondering if he's just trolling hard - seems odd to have The Walking Dead on sale so fast after it came out when it's been received so well and is on many peoples GOTY lists...

If it's true, there's PLENTY in that list I'll be jumping on.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft had some pages on xbox.com that categorized several groups of games, games that are listed in the OP. The prices that were displayed reflected the current prices. Those pages were quickly taken down shortly after they were discovered.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']I might need to buy a point card or two in the next couple of weeks.

Still wondering if I should keep the copy of The Walking Dead I ordered Tuesday. It will definitely be cheaper now digitally, and the problems on the disc version are worrying, but then it really seems like Telltale and/or retailers were wholly unprepared for the demand of the game.

AND PLEASE CAN DEATHSPANK'S SEQUEL BE INCLUDED. I've been waiting for it to be discounted ever since I completed the original a long while ago.[/QUOTE]
what type of problems on the disc version are you talking about?

It was discussed two pages ago...

[quote name='harry hood']what type of problems on the disc version are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='simmias']http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83

And you're right, you can't install it to the HDD.

Cliff's Notes for the link: Stuttering and freezing problems that are so bad that people can't complete the QTEs. Also, some people are having problems with episodes reverting back to episode 1 in the middle of gameplay.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bardockkun']It was discussed two pages ago...[/QUOTE]
Sorry, there's just so many pages upon pages, I just can't keep up!

nah, i was too lazy, i've been catching up on threads all day. thanks for the help

Just a few things I'm wondering:

How official is this list?

Prices, can we expect to learn them ahead of time, to plan our purchases?

There's no way I won't hit the 2000 points for the reward this month. Already spent 1600 points on Dragonborn. I may jump on a couple of the arcade titles, if the discount is steep enough. Here's hoping they throw down a 75% off deal on at least a few of the older games. Been holding out on Rock of Ages.

[quote name='preston181']Just a few things I'm wondering:

How official is this list?

Prices, can we expect to learn them ahead of time, to plan our purchases?

There's no way I won't hit the 2000 points for the reward this month. Already spent 1600 points on Dragonborn. I may jump on a couple of the arcade titles, if the discount is steep enough. Here's hoping they throw down a 75% off deal on at least a few of the older games. Been holding out on Rock of Ages.[/QUOTE]

What do you get if spend 2000 MSP?

[quote name='JohnWayne']What do you get if spend 2000 MSP?[/QUOTE]

100 points. Yeah, not really much, but better than what they've had for a while.

Damn Season Pass for Borderlands 2, crap I just picked that up a few weeks ago, grrr. Walking Dead, Trials Evo DLC and Skyrim DLC for me though.

[quote name='Althax']What are the guesses on walking dead episode prices? 300? Dare I hope for 200?! Whats a typical price for a discounted 400 point game?[/QUOTE]

No way it'll be half price, but probably 240 ($3) or 320 ($4) each.

Regardless of what it turns out to be, with the first episode free and the remaining ones discounted, this is easily one of the best deals you'll ever see on TWD - at least until the on-disc version shows up in the bargain bin, and that won't be for a long time.

[quote name='Althax']What are the guesses on walking dead episode prices? 300? Dare I hope for 200?! Whats a typical price for a discounted 400 point game?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KaneRobot']No way it'll be half price, but probably 240 ($3) or 320 ($4) each.

Regardless of what it turns out to be, with the first episode free and the remaining ones discounted, this is easily one of the best deals you'll ever see on TWD - at least until the on-disc version shows up in the bargain bin, and that won't be for a long time.[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% convinced that 2-5 will be on sale. Part of me thinks that they hope 1 being free will be enough of an impetus for people to buy the rest of them. Not sure though, but definitely seems like a possibility in my mind.

DAMMIT, I knew I should've waited on the Borderlands 2 season pass, I haven't touched the game in weeks and haven't played any of the new DLC yet. XP

[quote name='harry hood']Sorry, there's just so many pages upon pages, I just can't keep up!

nah, i was too lazy, i've been catching up on threads all day. thanks for the help[/QUOTE]
I Figure it'll be asked again anyways so with you being the first then laziness forgiven.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm not 100% convinced that 2-5 will be on sale. Part of me thinks that they hope 1 being free will be enough of an impetus for people to buy the rest of them. Not sure though, but definitely seems like a possibility in my mind.[/QUOTE]

I agree and will be shocked if they discount 2-5. It makes more since they will give 1 away for free knowing that it will spike sells for the others over the coming months.

I wouldn't expect to see a sale on all of them until season 2 is already out...

aso, tony hawk pro skater HD.. without split screen multiplayer and no HORSE game mode, is basically 100% useless to me. I bought it, and regret it. YEs i could have read up on it, but when a series has been 2 players since the first game in the series... you kind of expect it to be there for an HD remake.

But yea if some of these go 50% ill be in for:
- Peggle nights (if it works with the disc version of peggle that came with plants vs zombies)
- Hell YEAH
- Deadlight

Looks like time for me to try out some demos. The only definites for me on the list are Trials Evolution and the OOP add on pack. Even if they are only 100 points off, I've been waiting for any sort of sale on Evolution to pick it up. Also considering:

Fez
Joe Danger 2: The Movie
Mark of the Ninja
Dust: An Elysian Tale
Deadlight
LeedMees (I know absolutely nothing about this one)
the Skyrim expansions.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm not 100% convinced that 2-5 will be on sale. Part of me thinks that they hope 1 being free will be enough of an impetus for people to buy the rest of them. Not sure though, but definitely seems like a possibility in my mind.[/QUOTE]
Quick FYI for anyone getting the Walking Dead downloads... if you want to play through episode 3, you have to at least buy and install episode 4 as well. Episode 3 has a game-breaking glitch that was introduced when they tried to patch a problem with the discs :lol: The only solution is to have episode 4 installed. It sounds like a bad joke, but it's not.

Who was asking about those coasters taking a long time to reach the bargain bin again? :)

Oh, so the pricing structure will probably be episode 1 free, episodes 2 and 3 half off, and episode 4 quadruple price :)

[quote name='Corvin']Borderlands season pass deal already? Damn. Oh well. Lesson learned for BL3.

Can anyone comment on Rayman 3 HD? Origins was probably my favorite game of 2011, and I'm anxiously awaiting Legends. Origins was my first Rayman game, is 3 worth grabbing?[/QUOTE]

At least I beat the first 2 of the 4 DLCs.

well, since i bought (4) MS $20 points cards at taget for black friday, im now ready to buy some stuff with them.
thanks OP. :)

[quote name='simmias']Quick FYI for anyone getting the Walking Dead downloads... if you want to play through episode 3, you have to at least buy and install episode 4 as well. Episode 3 has a game-breaking glitch that was introduced when they tried to patch a problem with the discs :lol: The only solution is to have episode 4 installed. It sounds like a bad joke, but it's not.

Who was asking about those coasters taking a long time to reach the bargain bin again? :)

Oh, so the pricing structure will probably be episode 1 free, episodes 2 and 3 half off, and episode 4 quadruple price :)[/QUOTE]
I'm reading the telltale xbox support forums and it seems like a complete mess. People are talking about the disc version being unplayable. Was the game always buggy on digital or was it strictly the disc version? Kinda sucks, I'm looking forward to playing these and wanted it on disc, but that doesnt seem like an option. Now with the sale, i can d/l them, but theres a glitch.

Is it as simple as just having ep.3 and 4 bought and installed to work around the glitch? I haven't seen any solutions on the forums. I'd hate to invest a ton of time and lose it. That happened to me with a Far Cry 2 game breaking save glitch, I lost 24 hours, 82% through the game, and I never finished it. Such a shame, it was one of my favorite games

I knew stocking up on 1600 point cards during targets bf sale was a good idea! I've got 7500 points left to blow! Hoping for lots of 4-600 pt prices.

definitely getting at least 2 games i've been waiting for for a price drop....wish i waited on some of the games i bought the last 3-4 months for this discount, damn my uncontrollable urges with new XBLA games!!

PS thanks for the heads up OP

[quote name='Solh0und']Was REALLY hoping for Bastion but I might settle for Dust.[/QUOTE]

Bastion is such an amazing game, but Dust is really good as well. Can't go wrong with either.

Okay....how the fuck did The Walking Dead win game of the year!?!?!

Let alone AC3 getting nominated. They must have been smoking crack for nominating those two and giving it to TWD.

[quote name='computingwarren']Okay....how the fuck did The Walking Dead win game of the year!?!?!

Let alone AC3 getting nominated. They must have been smoking crack for nominating those two and giving it to TWD.[/QUOTE]

seriously cod gets so much hate when ac is also yearly but way worse

Wow, I don't see how there are some people hating on this if it ends up being true...granted we don't know the prices yet to be certain, but this is quite a good selection! I guess having a decent backlog is sometimes a good thing as it makes waiting to download games easier...

I think Microsoft will finally get me for

Jet Set Radio
Mark of the Ninja
Fez
Dust
Maybe Trials Evo
Probably Walking Dead by teasing me with that free first episode.

Looks like I might as well pick up a large points card....

bread's done
Back