Enormous Xbox Marketplace sale starts next week

WV Matsui

CAG Newbie
Dozens of Xbox 360 games are set to go on sale from next Tuesday, 18th December, with additional daily discounts until New Year's Eve.

If you are Silver check out this thread for two months of Gold for just $2 and you can still cash in on the good deals!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334688

18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 pts (50% off)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 pts (66% off)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 pts (50% off)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 600 pts (25% off)
Wreckateer - 200 pts (75% off)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 pts (50% off)
Peggle - 400 pts (50% off)
PeggleNights Content Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 pts (50% off)
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 pts (50% off)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 pts (66% off)
RAW
A World of Keflings - 400 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 160 pts (50% off)
Kinect Party - FREE
Kinect Party Mystery DLC - FREE
Kinect Party Star Gazer DLC - FREE
Jet Set Radio - 400 pts (50% off)
Super Meat Boy - 600 pts (50% off)
RAW - 400 pts (50% off)

Games on Demand titles
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 800 pts (33% off)
Rock Band 3 - 800 pts

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3 - 2400 points ($30)
Collection 1 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 2 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 3 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 4 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman - 800 points ($10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1600 points ($20)
Lego Star Wars III - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones - 800 points ($10)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 800 points ($10)
Lego Harry Potter - 800 points ($10)

20th: Platformer Games

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 600 pts
Sonic Adventure 2 - 400 pts
Rayman Origins - 800 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400 pts
Mark of the Ninja - 600 pts (50% off)
Trine 2 - 400 pts (50% off)

21st: Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire - 1600 pts (33% off)
Red Dead Redemption - 1600 pts (33% off)
Max Payne 3 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)

22nd: Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Tony Hawk Pro Skater - 600 pts (50% off)

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games

Dust: An Elysian Tail - 600 pts (50% off)
Deadlight - 600 pts (50% off)
Hybrid - 400 pts (50% off)

24th: Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Trials HD - 400 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Thrills - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials Evolution - 800 pts (33% off)
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain - 200 pts (50% off)

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder - 400 pts (67% off)
Rock of Ages - 200 pts (75% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 pts (50% off)
Leedmees - 200 pts (75% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Christmas Present - FREE

26th: Counter Strike: GO

Counter Strike: GO - 600 pts (50% off)

27th: Borderlands

Borderlands - 800 pts (50% off)
Borderlands 2 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - 1800 pts (25% off - same as Gears of War 3 in last years sale)

28th: The Walking Dead
Episode 1 of the WD will be FREE Dec 25-31

The Walking Dead Episode 1 - FREE
The Walking Dead Episode 2 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 3 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 4 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 5 - 200 pts

29th: Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 800 pts
Cars 2: The Video Game - 1600 pts
Crash Of The Titans - 800 pts
Toy Story 3 - 800 pts
Crazy Taxi - 200 pts
The Splatters - 200 pts (75% off)

30th: Fighting

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - 600 pts
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400 pts
Street Fighter III: Online Edition - 600 pts
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre - 400 pts
Dungeon Defenders - 600 pts

31st: Skyrim and Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2400 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard - 800 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire - 200 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 800 pts (33% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles - 600 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine - 200 pts (50% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wildcat1080']Other dude is wrong; yes, those songs will work in Blitz and vice versa.[/QUOTE]

Other dude is right - Rock Band 3 songs do not work in Blitz, as there was never an import code/download for RB3's songs (at least not yet, unless they've come out with it in the week or two since I last played Blitz).

Just curious, where did you get your info? You seem quite sure of yourself.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']Other dude is right - Rock Band 3 songs do not work in Blitz, as there was never an import code/download for RB3's songs (at least not yet, unless they've come out with it in the week or two since I last played Blitz).

Just curious, where did you get your info? You seem quite sure of yourself.[/QUOTE]
This dude is right.

[quote name='shadowrage']This dude is right.[/QUOTE]

I think this is the reason for the confusion:
Rock Band 3 songs that came on the Rock Band 3 DISC *cannot* be played in Rock Band Blitz. Apparently they plan(ned) on releasing a code to do this but have not yet (source).

Rock Band 3 DOWNLOADED songs CAN be played in Rock Band Blitz.

Rock Band Blitz "built-in songs" (the ones that come in the original download and that come in the free download when you get the game) CAN be played in Rock Band 3.

Any song you buy on the Rock Band music store from here on out can be played in either game.

Are the MW3 Collection packs worth it? Got some points to spend, just got MW3 recently and playing online. Worth a buy yes/no? Next day coming soon already D:

[quote name='lVlasterchief']Are the MW3 Collection packs worth it? Got some points to spend, just got MW3 recently and playing online. Worth a buy yes/no? Next day coming soon already D:[/QUOTE]
i think it's worth it.

[quote name='USD']Do you guys think sonic generations will go on sale?[/QUOTE]

It's $15.99 on Newegg right now with free shipping in case you're interested. If you're a patient man you could probably get it for a dollar less brand new on eBay. I got my copy early this year when Newegg had it for $19.99... I didn't like it that much, it's like the game is on autopilot. You only need to hold forward and push A every now and then. Now that I think of it, I'd probably be better off with a digital copy because then I might finish it. I can't take more than 30 minutes of it at a time before I'm ready to play something else and I don't want to deal with all that disc swapping.

I can't believe the Lego games take up so much space. Was thinking about Harry Potter but I don't want to use 6.3 GB on my launch 20GB hard drive. :D Anyway, picked up Joe Danger 2 for now.

it was half off the black friday sale they had at the end of last month

[quote name='eulogywerd21']Should I give up hope on a discounted Spelunky? I didn't see it on the list, though, there are still some TBA next to dates.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Killbomb']I can't believe the Lego games take up so much space. Was thinking about Harry Potter but I don't want to use 6.3 GB on my launch 20GB hard drive. :D Anyway, picked up Joe Danger 2 for now.[/QUOTE]

Stick it on a flash drive? 16 gb usb sticks are like under $10.

[quote name='KrisMKX']Stick it on a flash drive? 16 gb usb sticks are like under $10.[/QUOTE]

Can you play games off of the flash drive?

[quote name='USD']Do you guys think sonic generations will go on sale?[/QUOTE]

Shouldve gotten it on Black Friday for 9.99 from Micro Store. It's probably super cheap now anyway though.

[quote name='ninjastyle']Any info on Dec 22 and 26 discounts?[/QUOTE]
The 22nd is rumored to be tony hawk HD, and the 26th CS:GO. Those are just rumors at this point though.

[quote name='D0RC']The prices are good through out the sales right? Or just for that day? I want to line up the deals before choosing.[/QUOTE]

The countdown ones are for the specific day, maybe into the morning the next day but I wouldn't wait that long if interested in the deal.

[quote name='vantheman']The 22nd is rumored to be tony hawk HD, and the 26th CS:GO. Those are just rumors at this point though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! :)

I wonder if Banjo Kazooie is going to have any DLC sale. I just won that game brand new with Viva Pinata on eBay for $15 total.

[quote name='Ray5555']is rockband 3 worth it? right now I have only a controller and won't have a instrument until feb. earliest.[/QUOTE]It is my favorite party game experience of all time and at worst is a pretty great karaoke game with a huge library of $1 songs right now. Easily worth getting for $10.

[quote name='vantheman']The 22nd is rumored to be tony hawk HD, and the 26th CS:GO. Those are just rumors at this point though.[/QUOTE]

Given the source for those rumors was right about Bully and Rock Band 3 being on sale, I'm guessing he was right about TH and CS:GO as well. I just wonder if anything else will be on sale during those days.

Whats the source for the Borderlands info? Looking for any BL1 DLC...have the original and the GotY is still $30 so my holdout for cheaper DLC is still going strong.

[quote name='MSUHitman']So is RAW worth it for $5 if I'm forever alone and have no one to play local co-op with? Love all the hack and slash games on PS2 and have DS 3 and Torchlight on XBox.[/QUOTE]

Still looking on a recommendation on this. I'm much more interested in the upcoming Blood Knights given its vampire story, but it will be $15 and who knows when it will be on sale vs. RAW being $5 now.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Still looking on a recommendation on this. I'm much more interested in the upcoming Blood Knights given its vampire story, but it will be $15 and who knows when it will be on sale vs. RAW being $5 now.[/QUOTE]

Well I can't recommend it since I don't have it, but for 5 bucks I am definitely picking it up and I don't have anyone to play it with either.

The biggest criticisms of the game are the lack of online coop and that it's too old school, but I can deal with no online coop for 5 bucks and old school is a plus for me! :D

[quote name='kdiddy1989']Whats the source for the Borderlands info? Looking for any BL1 DLC...have the original and the GotY is still $30 so my holdout for cheaper DLC is still going strong.[/QUOTE]

@kdiddy:

Check your inbox, and Merry Christmas!

[quote name='bjstucker']in for Fez and Mark of the Ninja[/QUOTE]
Here's to hoping Mark of the Ninja is 600 MS points. I may never buy FEZ due to that game-breaking bug. I'll wait for it to come out on PC. It seemed like Phil Fish was jonesing for his contract with Microsoft to run out just to put it on another platform.

[quote name='Rxanadu']Here's to hoping Mark of the Ninja is 600 MS points. I may never buy FEZ due to that game-breaking bug. I'll wait for it to come out on PC. It seemed like Phil Fish was jonesing for his contract with Microsoft to run out just to put it on another platform.[/QUOTE]

Mark of the Ninja is 600 and live now

Fez and Trine 2 are also live

At 600 I am getting Mark of the Ninja. Even though Stealth games frustrate me at times it seems this game is pretty accessible.

400 for Fez is tempting but I vowed to not give Phil Fish any of my money. Is it time to let it go?

I did a manual search, these are the prices that came up... live already?

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 600pts
Sonic Adventure 2 - 400pts
Rayman 3 HD - 400pts
Trine 2 - 400 pts (50% off)

So the whole mess about the Fez patch, was that just due to the patch possibly corrupting pre-patch save files? Or are there still other problems that would affect people that were buying the game today?

[quote name='nnthomas']I did a manual search, these are the prices that came up... live already?

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400pts
Trine 2 - 400 pts (50% off)[/QUOTE]

Yep seems like it's live!

[quote name='cancerman1120']

400 for Fez is tempting but I vowed to not give Phil Fish any of my money. Is it time to let it go?[/QUOTE]

Yes

[quote name='nnthomas']I did a manual search, these are the prices that came up... live already?

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400pts
Thanks for the manual search and the prices.

[quote name='cancerman1120'] 400 for Fez is tempting but I vowed to not give Phil Fish any of my money. Is it time to let it go?[/QUOTE]

That's why I'm not going to buy it ;)

And looks like I'll get Mark of the Ninja. How is Rayman 3? I'm tempted to get it, but I already passed on it once.

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400pts
Thanks been waiting for a sale on Mark of the Ninja. It just looks so badass!

bread's done
Back