Enormous Xbox Marketplace sale starts next week

WV Matsui

CAG Newbie
Dozens of Xbox 360 games are set to go on sale from next Tuesday, 18th December, with additional daily discounts until New Year's Eve.

If you are Silver check out this thread for two months of Gold for just $2 and you can still cash in on the good deals!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334688

18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 pts (50% off)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 pts (66% off)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 pts (50% off)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 600 pts (25% off)
Wreckateer - 200 pts (75% off)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 pts (50% off)
Peggle - 400 pts (50% off)
PeggleNights Content Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 pts (50% off)
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 pts (50% off)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 pts (66% off)
RAW
A World of Keflings - 400 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 160 pts (50% off)
Kinect Party - FREE
Kinect Party Mystery DLC - FREE
Kinect Party Star Gazer DLC - FREE
Jet Set Radio - 400 pts (50% off)
Super Meat Boy - 600 pts (50% off)
RAW - 400 pts (50% off)

Games on Demand titles
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 800 pts (33% off)
Rock Band 3 - 800 pts

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3 - 2400 points ($30)
Collection 1 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 2 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 3 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 4 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman - 800 points ($10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1600 points ($20)
Lego Star Wars III - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones - 800 points ($10)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 800 points ($10)
Lego Harry Potter - 800 points ($10)

20th: Platformer Games

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 600 pts
Sonic Adventure 2 - 400 pts
Rayman Origins - 800 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400 pts
Mark of the Ninja - 600 pts (50% off)
Trine 2 - 400 pts (50% off)

21st: Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire - 1600 pts (33% off)
Red Dead Redemption - 1600 pts (33% off)
Max Payne 3 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)

22nd: Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Tony Hawk Pro Skater - 600 pts (50% off)

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games

Dust: An Elysian Tail - 600 pts (50% off)
Deadlight - 600 pts (50% off)
Hybrid - 400 pts (50% off)

24th: Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Trials HD - 400 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Thrills - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials Evolution - 800 pts (33% off)
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain - 200 pts (50% off)

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder - 400 pts (67% off)
Rock of Ages - 200 pts (75% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 pts (50% off)
Leedmees - 200 pts (75% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Christmas Present - FREE

26th: Counter Strike: GO

Counter Strike: GO - 600 pts (50% off)

27th: Borderlands

Borderlands - 800 pts (50% off)
Borderlands 2 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - 1800 pts (25% off - same as Gears of War 3 in last years sale)

28th: The Walking Dead
Episode 1 of the WD will be FREE Dec 25-31

The Walking Dead Episode 1 - FREE
The Walking Dead Episode 2 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 3 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 4 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 5 - 200 pts

29th: Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 800 pts
Cars 2: The Video Game - 1600 pts
Crash Of The Titans - 800 pts
Toy Story 3 - 800 pts
Crazy Taxi - 200 pts
The Splatters - 200 pts (75% off)

30th: Fighting

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - 600 pts
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400 pts
Street Fighter III: Online Edition - 600 pts
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre - 400 pts
Dungeon Defenders - 600 pts

31st: Skyrim and Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2400 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard - 800 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire - 200 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 800 pts (33% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles - 600 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine - 200 pts (50% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NegativeZero']Is 600 msp the Mark of the Ninja sale price?[/QUOTE]

Yes it's 50% off (normally 1200)

Rockstar's titles will be 33% off

Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)

[quote name='WV Matsui']Rockstar's titles will be 33% off

Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)[/QUOTE]

boooooo. not low enough for la noire and red dead!

[quote name='SIX min WHISTLE']Won't give Fish any money.[/QUOTE]
Why?....

Fez is the best game on the sale list today, anyone who picks something else instead of Fez is making a mistake.

[quote name='tribalnoise']boooooo. not low enough for la noire and red dead![/QUOTE]

Considering the regular Max Payne 3 is $20, at GameStop of all places, that one's not nearly low enough, either.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Rockstar's titles will be 33% off

Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)[/QUOTE]

Hrm thoughts on $10 midnight club complete?

Everything else seems too high. Glad they aren't pulling a Steam with Bully, will be picking it up soon then?

Thanks for the input guys! I'd get that triple pack disc but I already have Trials HD... Will definitely check out the Limbo demo and look for a sale.

Edit: Might get the disc anyway if I find it cheap enough

Edit 2: Doesnt seem to be a demo for Limbo....

[quote name='Wildcat1080']Why?....

Fez is the best game on the sale list today, anyone who picks something else instead of Fez is making a mistake.[/QUOTE]

He seemed like a prick in Indie Game: The Movie. Not a good enough reason to write off the game though.

Having said that, I don't like Fez. SMB and Mark of the Ninja are, in my opinion, much better games.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/20/borderlands-2-raising-level-cap-soon-more-dlc-planned

People thinking about the Season Pass for BL2 may want to consider some of the things written here, especially if you are not planning to play for awhile. Sounds like Season pass will most likely not be the end of episodic dlc + it sounds like more characters might be on the way. I already bought the Season pass but those willing to wait on a GOTY it might have even more dlc than this.

[quote name='crimsongrey06']In for Fez.
Hesitant of getting Rayman Origins, I feel I can find the disk version for about the same price somewhere.[/QUOTE]

You most likely can and origins is an awesome game!

[quote name='cancerman1120']http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/20/borderlands-2-raising-level-cap-soon-more-dlc-planned

People thinking about the Season Pass for BL2 may want to consider some of the things written here, especially if you are not planning to play for awhile. Sounds like Season pass will most likely not be the end of episodic dlc + it sounds like more characters might be on the way. I already bought the Season pass but those willing to wait on a GOTY it might have even more dlc than this.[/QUOTE]

It will have to be at least 33% off for me to get it. Borderlands DLC goes on sale so frequently that, over time, the content will be acquirable at 400 MSP each. Plus, we don't even know what the 4th DLC is. I don't see them doing this, but if it's anything like the Moxxi DLC from the last game, it's not even worth 400 MSP.

[quote name='cancerman1120']http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/20/borderlands-2-raising-level-cap-soon-more-dlc-planned

People thinking about the Season Pass for BL2 may want to consider some of the things written here, especially if you are not planning to play for awhile. Sounds like Season pass will most likely not be the end of episodic dlc + it sounds like more characters might be on the way. I already bought the Season pass but those willing to wait on a GOTY it might have even more dlc than this.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Was going to buy the season pass, but I'll hold off for now. Haven't touched the game since I beat NG+, and had no intention to until I had all the DLC at once. The game was fun, but I haven't felt the need to play it since I shelved it. I might sell it now and just wait for a GotY edition.

[quote name='matrix9280']That's not true. There's no way I would buy Xbox Gold anyways.[/QUOTE]

Huh?

or are you just trolling?

Sonic Adventure 2 DLC isn't on sale right? 240 is the normal price?

Also for Trine 2, is couch co-op an option as well as online?

And what are peoples thoughts on Hell Yeah? Queing up the demo now.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Sonic Adventure 2 DLC isn't on sale right? 240 is the normal price?[/QUOTE]

According to xbldb 240 is the original price.

Fez is a fantastic game, Fish being kind of a prick aside. I don't get the hate for it online since it seems to target the creator rather than the game itself. Storywise it isn't great, but the atmosphere and the Myst-like feel of everything is really great.

Anyone have thoughts on Hell Yeah?

Bully for 10$ is most tempting. I much prefer a physical copy but none i found are less that $25 used :/ gamestop has it for 30$ used. What the hell

[quote name='WV Matsui']Huh?

or are you just trolling?[/QUOTE]

You posted this:

Sale is for Gold members only. If you are Silver check out this thread for two months of Gold for just $2 and you can still cash in on the good deals!

The bolded sentence is not true. You don't need Xbox Live Gold to buy Mark of the Ninja for 600 points.

Picked up Hell Yeah and Rayman today.

I watched the quick look at Giant Bomb for Hell Yeah when it came out. Looked like a cool game.

So I'm assuming the deals that are only marked on certain days are only available for that one day, instead of the others that specifically say the 18th-31st for example?

Basically what I want to know is if I have to buy Mark of the Ninja today if I want it for 600pts.

[quote name='Wedgie']So I'm assuming the deals that are only marked on certain days are only available for that one day, instead of the others that specifically say the 18th-31st for example?

Basically what I want to know is if I have to buy Mark of the Ninja today if I want it for 600pts.[/QUOTE]

yes wedgie. and maybe even sooner, one of the lego games that was on sale yesterday went back to full price around 8pm.

I was really excited for Mark of the Ninja, and even though it is 50% off, I was only expecting to pay 400 mspts so I'll wait. I'm such a cheapass. Lol.

[quote name='bajingo']yes wedgie. and maybe even sooner, one of the lego games that was on sale yesterday went back to full price around 8pm.[/QUOTE]

Thanks and repped. Downloading now.

[quote name='Wedgie']So I'm assuming the deals that are only marked on certain days are only available for that one day, instead of the others that specifically say the 18th-31st for example?

Basically what I want to know is if I have to buy Mark of the Ninja today if I want it for 600pts.[/QUOTE]

Yes you have to buy it today.

[quote name='Gkage']You lie. I'm silver and I bought Mark of the Ninja for 600[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily lying. Maybe just misinformed. Or lying. One of the two.

I went ahead and nabbed Mark of the Ninja and Sonic Adventure 2 today (now I can go sell off my GCN copy!). I'm outta MSP for about a week, then I should be getting tons more in. Glad there's really nothing I want on sale 'til then ('cept maybe THPS, if it actually goes on sale).

I was on the fence between Fez and MotN, but all of the evidence of the creator of the former being such an arrogant, condescending person made my choice for me. Thanks, friends.

I love all the people that are missing out on a great game because they don't want to give the creator half of the normal price for it. I can almost guarantee that every game you buy has at least one person that worked on it that is a total douche. Maybe not as outspoken as Phil Fish, but still, there are plenty of douches in the game industry.

I justified my purchase by using 400MSP I got from Bing.

I've really wanted to play this, but didn't want to give him any of my own hard earned monies.

[quote name='B:L']Phil Fish seems like a prick outside of Indie Game: The Movie as well.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/03/indie_developer_phil_fish_says_japanese_games_suck

He won't be seeing a cent from me.[/QUOTE]
Wow, I just thought people were being over dramatic. He really is an ass. Glad I found this before I bought Fez. I'll wait until it's in a bundle so I can not give any money to the developers. (Sorry other developers in that future bundle with him)

[quote name='born2kill']Bully for 10$ is most tempting. I much prefer a physical copy but none i found are less that $25 used :/ gamestop has it for 30$ used. What the hell[/QUOTE]

No supply and moderate demand. Same situation as Rock Band 3, Blitz The League 2, Just Cause 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Tales of Vesperia, Hitman Blood Money, etc.

What are peoples thoughts on Midnight Club LA? I use to live in LA, do you actually recognize the streets and stuff? I bought a ton of the target $10 for 1600 points cards, so really it would be like I'm spending $5. Is it worth it? I also already have Forza Horizon and GT5, so I've got other racing games I'm playing.

guys, you can do what you want but skipping a good game at an insane deal just to spite the developer is silly.

If you boycotted people who create things because they are raging assholes, you'd have hardly anything to play, watch, or listen to.

I'm not saying this guy is not an asshole. I'm just saying that you buy stuff all the time from raging assholes. It's not that big of a deal. As long as he's not ripping people off somehow, what's the difference to you.

[quote name='ctclements']I love all the people that are missing out on a great game because they don't want to give the creator half of the normal price for it. I can almost guarantee that every game you buy has at least one person that worked on it that is a total douche. Maybe not as outspoken as Phil Fish, but still, there are plenty of douches in the game industry.[/QUOTE]

Well said. Also, when you are paying half of the original price for this game, I doubt he is getting more than a few cents on each sale. By the time Microsoft gets their cut, there's probably not much left. Then, according to my limited knowledge, his estranged developing partner gets half of the money too. So basically, Phil Fish is getting half of a half.

Think of it this way: You are not giving Phil Fish your money. You are compensating the estranged partner who helped create it and had to put up with him (until he quit). :)

[quote name='confoosious']guys, you can do what you want but skipping a good game at an insane deal just to spite the developer is silly.

If you boycotted people who create things because they are raging assholes, you'd have hardly anything to play, watch, or listen to.

I'm not saying this guy is not an asshole. I'm just saying that you buy stuff all the time from raging assholes. It's not that big of a deal. As long as he's not ripping people off somehow, what's the difference to you.[/QUOTE]

Meh...there are hundreds of great games available on many different platforms at any given time. There is no point in supporting someone like this regardless of the fact that his game might be good. Too many other great games out there to waste even a penny on this.

[quote name='confoosious']guys, you can do what you want but skipping a good game at an insane deal just to spite the developer is silly.

I'm not saying this guy is not an asshole. I'm just saying that you buy stuff all the time from raging assholes. It's not that big of a deal. As long as he's not ripping people off somehow, what's the difference to you.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it's called piracy. Play the game and screw over the guy you don't like. Best of both worlds.

bread's done
Back