Enormous Xbox Marketplace sale starts next week

WV Matsui

CAG Newbie
Dozens of Xbox 360 games are set to go on sale from next Tuesday, 18th December, with additional daily discounts until New Year's Eve.

If you are Silver check out this thread for two months of Gold for just $2 and you can still cash in on the good deals!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334688

18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 pts (50% off)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 pts (66% off)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 pts (50% off)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 600 pts (25% off)
Wreckateer - 200 pts (75% off)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 pts (50% off)
Peggle - 400 pts (50% off)
PeggleNights Content Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 pts (50% off)
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 pts (50% off)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 pts (66% off)
RAW
A World of Keflings - 400 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 160 pts (50% off)
Kinect Party - FREE
Kinect Party Mystery DLC - FREE
Kinect Party Star Gazer DLC - FREE
Jet Set Radio - 400 pts (50% off)
Super Meat Boy - 600 pts (50% off)
RAW - 400 pts (50% off)

Games on Demand titles
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 800 pts (33% off)
Rock Band 3 - 800 pts

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3 - 2400 points ($30)
Collection 1 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 2 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 3 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 4 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman - 800 points ($10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1600 points ($20)
Lego Star Wars III - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones - 800 points ($10)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 800 points ($10)
Lego Harry Potter - 800 points ($10)

20th: Platformer Games

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 600 pts
Sonic Adventure 2 - 400 pts
Rayman Origins - 800 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400 pts
Mark of the Ninja - 600 pts (50% off)
Trine 2 - 400 pts (50% off)

21st: Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire - 1600 pts (33% off)
Red Dead Redemption - 1600 pts (33% off)
Max Payne 3 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)

22nd: Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Tony Hawk Pro Skater - 600 pts (50% off)

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games

Dust: An Elysian Tail - 600 pts (50% off)
Deadlight - 600 pts (50% off)
Hybrid - 400 pts (50% off)

24th: Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Trials HD - 400 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Thrills - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials Evolution - 800 pts (33% off)
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain - 200 pts (50% off)

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder - 400 pts (67% off)
Rock of Ages - 200 pts (75% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 pts (50% off)
Leedmees - 200 pts (75% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Christmas Present - FREE

26th: Counter Strike: GO

Counter Strike: GO - 600 pts (50% off)

27th: Borderlands

Borderlands - 800 pts (50% off)
Borderlands 2 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - 1800 pts (25% off - same as Gears of War 3 in last years sale)

28th: The Walking Dead
Episode 1 of the WD will be FREE Dec 25-31

The Walking Dead Episode 1 - FREE
The Walking Dead Episode 2 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 3 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 4 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 5 - 200 pts

29th: Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 800 pts
Cars 2: The Video Game - 1600 pts
Crash Of The Titans - 800 pts
Toy Story 3 - 800 pts
Crazy Taxi - 200 pts
The Splatters - 200 pts (75% off)

30th: Fighting

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - 600 pts
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400 pts
Street Fighter III: Online Edition - 600 pts
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre - 400 pts
Dungeon Defenders - 600 pts

31st: Skyrim and Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2400 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard - 800 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire - 200 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 800 pts (33% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles - 600 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine - 200 pts (50% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JP73']Is there anyway to purchase the On Demand games like Bully without using your Credit Card? I don't think it lets you use points, which sucks cause I have 7,200[/QUOTE]

I think you hit the Y button and it changes from money to points.

[quote name='Zolor23']It's the X button ;)[/QUOTE]

If Y didn't work, I probably would have tried the others. Either way, thank you.

[quote name='JP73']If Y didn't work, I probably would have tried the others. Either way, thank you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and it would be on the bottom of the screen too, lol

[quote name='StryderOmega']Sonic adventure 2 worth it? Read some fan reviews on meta critic and they are kinda all over the place. Anyone have personal opinions?[/QUOTE]
The port itself is competent enough-- some very small glitches (mainly graphic due to the widescreenin'). The original game bugs were not fixed, none of which are really game breaking.

When the game came out, it was decent. It hasn't aged as well as I've hoped, but I still have fun with it. It was a good, first generation attempt of Sonic in 3D-- one in my opinion didn't get topped until they started refining the formula with Sonic Unleashed. Sonic and Shadow are the traditional 3D gameplay, which are really the bread and butter of the game. Some of it's too much roller coaster fluff, but a lot of the levels manage to be creative and fun to play. Tails and Eggman are in mechs and mostly are disposable levels (though Eggman has some legitimately fun levels which are a higher quality than Tails, somehow) and then the Emerald hunting stages with Knuckles and Rogue. Some of these levels are genuinely fun to explore due to their huge, expansive nature, but are mostly a chore.

Overall... it's 400 points. And to Sonic Adventure 2's credit, no one other than Sega has really created a dedicated, high speed 3D platformer. A formula like this is hard to nail down, and if you can get past its age, I believe there is some fun to be had with the game. As a Sonic fan, it's disappointing that they made Eggman playable, but didn't give him any meaningful gameplay, and also dumbed down playing as Tails, as well.

Think I missed Rayman 3 HD, for 400 points it's a steal

Still debating bully, I have it on PS2 but I'm lazy to hook it up and it'll be in my hard drive if I buy it hmmmmmm

[quote name='StryderOmega']Sonic adventure 2 worth it? Read some fan reviews on meta critic and they are kinda all over the place. Anyone have personal opinions?[/QUOTE]

It's one of my favorite games of all time. A lot of that is nostalgia goggles, but it's still a very good sonic game. I think it is hands down the best of the 3d sonics. The story, for a Sonic game, is actually pretty good. The three different types of gameplay work really well. The chaos were greatly expanded on and have a lot of depth. The music is great. And hey, the HD port even looks pretty damn good. The biggest draw back are your standard 3d Sonic issues: pesky camera, some glitches within the levels, etc. I love this game and at $5 it's beyond a no brainer.

Just got myself Mark of the Ninja. It's probably one of the greatest stealth games I've played in a while, even after playing Dishonored and Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Thanks OP. Without you, I would have missed out on an amazing deal.

[quote name='theking20']Think I missed Rayman 3 HD, for 400 points it's a steal

Still debating bully, I have it on PS2 but I'm lazy to hook it up and it'll be in my hard drive if I buy it hmmmmmm[/QUOTE]

The Rayman deal is still showing as being live for me... I don't think they update until later.

this is what i picked up... SO FAR....

fezz
super meat boy
joe danger 2 (the movie)
mark of the ninja
wreck A teer (kinect game)

im realy glad i picked up those MS points for black friday, perfect timing :)

im deffinitley gonna pick up dead light in a couple of days also.

i also picked up a few games that are not on sale,

contra,

and a few indi games....

homless
prank call 2
park in 60 seconds

[quote name='Alex121006']this is what i picked up... SO FAR....

fezz
super meat boy
joe danger 2 (the movie)
mark of the ninja
wreck A teer (kinect game)

im realy glad i picked up those MS points for black friday, perfect timing :)

im deffinitley gonna pick up dead light in a couple of days also.

i also picked up a few games that are not on sale,

contra,

and a few indi games....

homless
prank call 2
park in 60 seconds[/QUOTE]

I paid full price for Super Meat Boy, at 400 ms it is an absolute steal. It was so good, I am not even kicking myself over buying it a few weeks ago.

Well, managed to get Mark of the Ninja even this late. For some reason I though that and Fez were all-week deals. I got Fez yesterday evening though and it was 400 back then when the Lego games were the daily deal - so they may not be following the days exactly here.

I thought Super Meat Boy was 600? Hmmm... If it is 400 I'd probably get it for sure. At 600 I'm not so sure. I did not get the cheap Target 1600 points cards because I thought I had a lot of points left (but I was wrong). I did manage to get in on the Gamestop $30 worth for $20 deal though. But those points are rapidly running out...

[quote name='io']Well, managed to get Mark of the Ninja even this late. For some reason I though that and Fez were all-week deals. I got Fez yesterday evening though and it was 400 back then when the Lego games were the daily deal - so they may not be following the days exactly here.

I thought Super Meat Boy was 600? Hmmm... If it is 400 I'd probably get it for sure. At 600 I'm not so sure. I did not get the cheap Target 1600 points cards because I thought I had a lot of points left (but I was wrong). I did manage to get in on the Gamestop $30 worth for $20 deal though. But those points are rapidly running out...[/QUOTE]
It's still 600 MS points. Looking at it right now.

[quote name='The Acacia Strain']I paid full price for Super Meat Boy, at 400 ms it is an absolute steal. It was so good, I am not even kicking myself over buying it a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

its actualy 600 MS points, but yeah, i played it for a while, its realy good.... realy hard, but realy good.

Debating last minute on Rayman 3, gonna have to buy some more Microsoft Points here soon.

EDIT: Bought it :p

[quote name='DjDonFrancisco']Ok so tomorrow has to be Minecraft sale right? It's marked as TBA and thats when the documentary airs.[/QUOTE]

It's the top selling XBLA game of all time still and Tony Hawk is the rumored game for tomorrow so doubtful it'll go on sale for a long ass time.

Disappointed no dlc was put on sale with the full games today. I was hoping to get a Max Payne dlc or two. The only decent deal today is midnight club and its been beaten before in retail and the oldest of the games.
Here's hoping to a Forza day tomorrow.

Thanks everyone who gave their opinions toward Sonic Adventure 2. I was still able to pick it up for the 400 points it was on sale for yesterday at this time.

They still haven't fixed the pricing issue with Midnight Club LA. Thinking about calling them and letting them know. Want that game at the right price.

Just received 3200 ms points from my work Christmas party. Now I might take a chance on a few games. Minecraft would be a great sale, but I'll probably get it either way.

Resident Evil 6 is now available on GoD for $39.99. It doesn't seem to be a sale, but it's surprising to see a new-ish game with reasonable pricing on there. Maybe MS is stepping up their game with these a bit.

[quote name='AshesofWake']God dammit. Was looking forward to getting Midnight Club but under points it shows 1080 points instead of 800. fucking annoying.[/QUOTE]
Maybe it'll get fix later on in the day!

[quote name='TommyLove']Maybe it'll get fix later on in the day![/QUOTE]

I saw someone in another thread that said they were immediately credited 280 points after purchase.

THPS is now 600 pts (50% off) OP updated

Ok so I own Plants vs zombies on the popcap disc (it also had peggle and zuma on it). Does anyone know if I can play Peggle nights as long as I put the disc in, or does it only work with the XBLA downloaded peggle? Ireally want it but dont want to have disc and digital copies of peggle.

Same question for Trials HD DLC packs since i own the 3 pack with trials hd/limbo/splosion man. Thanks

[quote name='WV Matsui']I saw someone in another thread that said they were immediately credited 280 points after purchase.

THPS is now 600 pts (50% off) OP updated[/QUOTE]
If you're talking about the XBL Deal thread, they had to call XBox and tell them about the error to get it done. Personally I'm not in that much of a rush to get it to have to deal with that.

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']Ok so I own Plants vs zombies on the popcap disc (it also had peggle and zuma on it). Does anyone know if I can play Peggle nights as long as I put the disc in, or does it only work with the XBLA downloaded peggle? Ireally want it but dont want to have disc and digital copies of peggle. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I can confirm regarding your question with Peggle / Peggle Nights, that you will be fine. I also have a PopCap compilation disc with Peggle on it, and I bought Peggle Nights several months back when it was on sale, and it works fine. You will see the option for Peggle Nights from the main menu, once you start the game.
Game on !

[quote name='Saix_XIII']As someone who has never ever played a Tony Hawk game before...is Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD worth getting?[/QUOTE]
I Think the consensus seems to be if you've played any Tony Hawk game prior, you'll notice alot of small dumb changes. If you're new otherwise you'd enjoy it, but for alot of people it still seems like unless you care for cheezmints or online you're better off getting Tony Hawk 2X for the original XBox.

[quote name='Tarheel76']I can confirm regarding your question with Peggle / Peggle Nights, that you will be fine. I also have a PopCap compilation disc with Peggle on it, and I bought Peggle Nights several months back when it was on sale, and it works fine. You will see the option for Peggle Nights from the main menu, once you start the game.
Game on ![/QUOTE]

Sweet thanks! Now ill have to get me some points.. lol thought i had 260pts left... i was wrong.

So far I have picked up MotN, Trine 2, and both World of Keflings dlc packs, I plan on picking up From Dust and Eps 4 and 5 for The Walking Dead. I might pick up the Borderlands 2 Season Pass if it is 50% off, but my guess is that it will be 33% off. Overall a pretty awesome sale from Microsoft this year, imo better than last year.

edit - I mean Dust: An Elysian Tale, not From Dust

[quote name='icp_00_111']So far I have picked up MotN, Trine 2, and both World of Keflings packs, I plan on picking up From Dust and Eps 4 and 5 for The Walking Dead. Overall a pretty awesome sale from Microsoft this year, imo better than last year.[/QUOTE]

From Dust is not going to be on sale unless it is on an unannounced day...

[quote name='Saix_XIII']From Dust is not going to be on sale unless it is on an unannounced day...[/QUOTE]

Sorry,I meant Dust: An Elysian Tale.

bread's done
Back