EU/UK CE&Exclusives Thread - DI:Riptide Zombie Bait, DW7:Empires, MGS Rising CE Added

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
*This thread was originally for the S/E PSP LE's but due to a good amount of CAGs asking this to be an EU/UK LE thread I have decided to change it to that. We will try and post the cheapest price for these among all the UK sites that ship to the US. :D

*This thread has been transformed now to a thread for both CE's as well as games that are exclusive over in the UK/EU. :)

FAQ
[customspoiler=FAQs]

PS3 games are region free. Sometimes Xbox 360 games are but that varies from case to case. Regardless I will list the 360 version as well in case people would rather have a 360 copy to display. PSP games are region free as well.

Some Info:
  • All the retailers listed ship to the US. GAME & Gamestation must have changed policy because they used to not ship overseas.
  • Zavvi & thehut both have paypal as an option to pay but a few CAGs are reporting some difficutly. For the time being might be best to order with a Credit Card or Debit Card.
  • I have personally ordered from Zavvi and they were prompt in shipping and I had minimal to no damage on my items.
  • Keep in mind the exchange rate fluctuates so prices will skew up and down.
  • If I miss anything feel free to post in the thread and I will add it to the OP.
  • Zavvi now offers free shipping on items to the US.
[/customspoiler]

UK Retailers (That ship overseas):
*Beware the dreaded Mailer! ;)
[customspoiler=Devil Mailer]
2v35839.png
[/customspoiler]

The Hut - Zavvi's Sister Site
Zavvi - Free Shipping!
game.co.uk/gamestation.co.uk - These are the same now
hmv.com - Currently down due to administrative issues. Cannot order.
shopto.net - A lot of my friends order from here in the UK. Apparently they ship really quickly too.
amazon.co.uk - At least last I read, they seem to ship PS3 games but not 360. Unless they changed that. I can't seem to find anything regarding it by clicking their help.
play.com - They ship internationally and seem to get a good share of exclusives

EU Places That Ship Overseas:
amazon.fr
amazon.de

Current Promo Codes (mostly Zavvi & The Hut):

None

Updates

Older Items here(I am going to edit this depending on availability):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8109644&postcount=5

Fist of The North Star Ken's Rage 2 CE (Exclusive To France & Italy)

Release Date: 2/8/13
Contents

• Visual Storybook
  • Game Soundtrack
  • Character Stickers
  • USB of Kenshiro (4GB)
  • Postcard Calendar
[customspoiler=Contents]
north_star_ce_thumb.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:/:360:
amazon.fr - €99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance CE (Zavvi Exclusive)
Release Date: 2/22/13
Contents:

• Only 25,000 Made
  • Raiden Play-Arts Kai Figure
  • Steelbook
  • DLC Code for White Armor Skin, Cyborg Skin
[customspoiler=Contents]
MGR_Limited_UK_Cover_02.jpg
MGR_Limited_UK_WhiteRaiden_05.jpg

[/customspoiler]
zavvi - £99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising Revengeance Steelbook (GAME Exclusive)
Contents

• Exclusive Steelbook by Yoji Shinkawa
[customspoiler=Steelbook]
MGR-PS3-Steelbook-SHINKAWA-01-556x431.jpg
[/customspoiler]
amazon.de - €14.99

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires

*Going to be digital release in the US. This is for those that want a physical copy. No disc in US is likely due to no English voice.
[customspoiler=Box Art]
DW7E_EU_Cover.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:
play.com - £39.99
shoto.net - £29.86
thehut - £34.95
zavvi - £34.95
game.co.uk - £39.99
amazon.uk - £39.99

Injustice: Gods Among Us CE

Release Date: 4/5/13
Contents:

• Exclusive Steelbook
  • Wonder Woman/Batman Figure (Way better than the US Version)
  • 2 Brand New Issues of DC Comics
  • DLC (Three exclusive skins based on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman from DC COMICS – THE NEW 52)
[customspoiler=Contents]
collectors_edition.jpg

[/customspoiler]
Nowhere to be found in the UK. Found it on amazon.fr and amazon.de
amazon.fr 360 PS3- €99.90
amazon.de - €94.99

Dead Island Riptide Zombie Bait Edition

Release Date: TBD
Contents:

• Steelbook
  • Collector's Artwork
  • 12 inch Bikini Clad Torso Figure
  • Weapon DLC
[customspoiler=Contents]
dead-island-riptide-zombie-bait-edition-is-gross-and-alarming.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:360: This appears to be 360 only ATM
game.co.uk - £89.99
zavvi - £84.95
thehut - £84.95

Dead Island: Riptide (GAME Exclusive Edition)
*Only listing this because so far there is no mention of one in the US, if there is I will remove this.
Release Date: TBD

Contents:

• Exclusive Cover :roll:
  • DLC I am guessing like the SE for the 1st?
[customspoiler=Cover Art]
253532_xbx_b.png

[/customspoiler]
:360:/:ps3:/:pc:
game.com - £39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ionotropic']Anyone know if Persona 2 Innocent Sin is getting a UK CE?[/QUOTE]

I'm still hoping it will get an American CE, after all the remake of the first one did. If not, I would expect that Europe will get one.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Thinking about canceling Arcana Hearts 3 preorder.... game looks pretty boring to me...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. It's a nice set but I'm not sure I want to pay $58.xx for it.

[quote name='Donkey132']zavvi has Arcana heart 3 LE for £34.85. A little cheaper.
http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/arcana-heart-3-limited-edition/10359609.html[/QUOTE]

Any codes/coupons for Zavvi floating around? I might jump back on this if I could get a few pounds off...

[quote name='JAlbertL']I bit on Tactics Ogre Premium Edition on dvd.co.uk. The total came out to $24.81. How is dvd.co.uk's shipping?[/QUOTE]

Not all that different than Zavvi.

[quote name='Vinny']Any codes/coupons for Zavvi floating around? I might jump back on this if I could get a few pounds off...

Not all that different than Zavvi.[/QUOTE]

Actually, DVD.CO.UK has always used boxes to ship my stuff. While they are thin boxes, they have always protected it well. Can't say how they will ship this item because of the size, but I am much more confident in DVD.CO.UK than Zavvi.

[quote name='adriley313']would lov to get the 2 too
wanna import 3 but not after the way i got lord of arcana[/QUOTE]

The box I got was a little crushed but the contents inside were perfectly fine...

My first order from thehut was a waste. Received an empty box with "received without contents" stamped on it (presumably by the USPS). The glue on the box seemed about as strong as a glue stick. No tape or anything. Guess I'll be finding out how good their customer service is.

some people have had good experiences with dvd.co.uk

Isn't dvd.co.uk the same company as game.co.uk? I ordered some items from game.co.uk and they came in a medium box, all in perfect condition. They were awesome for that. I DID have to call them for the order though, it wouldn't take my card regularly for some reason. The lady was very friendly (it was bizare hearing her using European slang on the phone lol). She even gave me free shipping which helped a LOT.

I gotta wonder why people are listing them here though, i dont see the LE of arcana heart 3 up there. It looks like for that we still just have hmv (which i've never used) and Zavvi (which has about an 80%+ damage rate with me for their orders with their shitty bubble mailers

Looking at the LE for arcana heart; it seems rather large and delicate. I think ordering it from zavvi would be a huge mistake unless they actually ship it in a proper box. Maybe i should email them and ask for verification

dvd.co.uk does have the LE of Arcana Heart 3, if that's what you were asking. Maybe I read that wrong. Without VAT, it comes out to 33.33. $3 more than Zavvi with shipping. Not bad, if it's true what you say about them shipping boxes.

[quote name='mrbomb']The box I got was a little crushed but the contents inside were perfectly fine...[/QUOTE]

i got an extra lord of arcana slayer edition since it was like $14. it came crushed. I know the contents are problably fine but the collector in me bulks. It doesnt bother that much since it was $15 but $40 makes me a lil nervous.

When I got 3rd Birthday Twisted edition it looks damn perfect so i dont know. Id pay an extra couple bucks for a box if i knew my stuff would not get crushed.

Im getting persona 1 CE from a CAG for $40 and now i wanna get 3.

just got a 10% off coupon from Zavvi
debating on what i should use it for
im tempted to get Persona 3 CE since it will be $32, which is only $5 more than a new copy here on Amazon.

But i dont want a damaged box like my lord of arcana came in

Wanted Guilty Gears LE but its already sold out. Anyone get a copy of that?

[quote name='Ionotropic']Anyone know if Persona 2 Innocent Sin is getting a UK CE?[/QUOTE]

It hasnt even got a confirmed Europe release yet

I kinda wish they'd just ship a digital code in a LE box with all the extras so I can grab it on PSN for future use on Vita. Don't need the UMD anymore, just give me everything else (even the UMD case :p).

Honestly who's still gonna be playing their PSP when they have an OLED screen?

Im all for buying cheap games on the psvita but i just can't see myself paying $40 for a digital game unless you can gameshare them.

Though i do like your idea. That might be a good way to get people to maybe pay $40-$50 these games might cost.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Honestly who's still gonna be playing their PSP when they have an OLED screen?[/QUOTE]

I will.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']

Honestly who's still gonna be playing their PSP when they have an OLED screen?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='salty tbone']I will.[/QUOTE]

Me too!
You may be out back swimming around in your vault Scrooge McPrinny, but some of our pockets aren't quite deep enough to get Vita anywhere near launch. ;) I'll probably have PSP for another 2 or 3 years at least.

I'm broke, but I'll probably still pick one up >.>

I just don't want a collection of games in a format which is going to be replaced and unplayable ~soon~

If digital is the sacrifice I have to make for backwards compatibility, I'm okay with that. I still want my art book though!

I asked last page and no one really answered. Isn't dvd.co.uk the same company as game.co.uk? i ordered from game.co.uk and had a good experience, but havent tried dvd.co.uk at all. I seem to recall hearing they were the same company.

Im asking because im eyeballing the arcania heart LE and dont really want to order from zavvi and have such a nice LE get all crushed to fuck

Oh ya, did any vendor wind up carrying the Guilty gear XX accent core LE? I never did jump on it straight form the manufacturer.. 2 reasons. Shipping was high from what ir remember, but even more importantly, for that price they really need to give you both artbooks, not just ONE. Especially when you cant really see what the difference is between the two.

[quote name='Kenshindono']I asked last page and no one really answered. Isn't dvd.co.uk the same company as game.co.uk? i ordered from game.co.uk and had a good experience, but havent tried dvd.co.uk at all. I seem to recall hearing they were the same company.

Im asking because im eyeballing the arcania heart LE and dont really want to order from zavvi and have such a nice LE get all crushed to fuck

Oh ya, did any vendor wind up carrying the Guilty gear XX accent core LE? I never did jump on it straight form the manufacturer.. 2 reasons. Shipping was high from what ir remember, but even more importantly, for that price they really need to give you both artbooks, not just ONE. Especially when you cant really see what the difference is between the two.[/QUOTE]

According to the OP they are the same just different store fronts.

Zavvi is carring the Guilty Gear Accent Core LE. They were OOS when it first came out but its back now and i just placed an order. Its like $25 shipped and comes with a collector keychain though it does not mention an artbook.

What is funny is the regular cost more than the CE. i don't get that.

Still debating if i wanna import Persona 3 or not.
Will be getting persona 1 next week.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I just don't want a collection of games in a format which is going to be replaced and unplayable ~soon~

If digital is the sacrifice I have to make for backwards compatibility, I'm okay with that. I still want my art book though![/QUOTE]

I'm the exact opposite. The collector in me is too strong to overcome (not to mention the property lawyer in me). I won't even purchase digital-distribution stuff. Both my PSN and Live accounts consist entirely of stuff that was given away free. Free I'll do for digital-distro.

[quote name='scott_matthews']I'm the exact opposite. The collector in me is too strong to overcome (not to mention the property lawyer in me). I won't even purchase digital-distribution stuff. Both my PSN and Live accounts consist entirely of stuff that was given away free. Free I'll do for digital-distro.[/QUOTE]

i will only buy digital if its super cheap, like i did a lot of gamesharing on my ps3. They were like less than $5 a pop.
I cant spend $40 on game with no phyiscal copy. I just cant do it

Gonna have to find a UK buddy to ship me some collectors editions. Namely Racthet and Clank Crack in Time, Resistance 3, and Resistance: Retribution :)

[quote name='scott_matthews']I'm the exact opposite. The collector in me is too strong to overcome (not to mention the property lawyer in me). I won't even purchase digital-distribution stuff. Both my PSN and Live accounts consist entirely of stuff that was given away free. Free I'll do for digital-distro.[/QUOTE]

I had that sentiment, but lately looking back at the garbage that I used to collect I'm hesitant anymore and don't see much point in keeping old formats.

10 years down the line when they come up with a new format of media and the old stuff is out of circulation, it's a bitch to find a device to even play my collection. Crates and crates of cassettes and whatever else nonsense... It made sense to collect them while they were relevant, but now they're sitting there wasting space.

I still collect games, keep them sealed. It's just... I worry about what the hell they're gonna be worth down the road and everything's outdated.

either way when i buy the PSVita cause i cant resist buying new handheld devices, ill still keep my psp3000 to play my UMD.

I do the same thing. I will buy UK LE games and keep them sealed and then buy a cheap copy to play through so i dont open it.
They only UK LE ive opened is Lord of arcana and i have like 10 still sealed.

I think he meant 10 different UK LEs... not Lord of Arcana.

It's just annoying for me not being able to play my GB/GBC/PS2/NES/SNES/GC

Granted, the systems needed are still being "sold", albeit not by the companies which made them but it's SUCH a hassle tracking one down, especially if it's used. And who knows how long used systems will last. At which point you go looking for replacement parts, etc...

Emulation is the way to go for me on that end, but then I have this thing where if the save file isn't on the cartridge or on a protected memory card of some sort, it's "fake." Yeah... issues :p

Yes I meant 10 different UK LE.
I only have 2 Lord of Arcana: Slayer editions. One i bought froma CAG for $40 and then i went on sale and i had a coupon saw i bought one for $14. Thought he 2nd one came with a crushed box. Its weird cause my 3rd Birthday came in a bubble mailer and is perfect.

Now im hunting down some UK LE that i dont own like Dissidia and Criss Core.
I want Persona 3 but im not paying $40 for it and the box comes damaged.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I think he meant 10 different UK LEs... not Lord of Arcana.

It's just annoying for me not being able to play my GB/GBC/PS2/NES/SNES/GC

Granted, the systems needed are still being "sold", albeit not by the companies which made them but it's SUCH a hassle tracking one down, especially if it's used. And who knows how long used systems will last. At which point you go looking for replacement parts, etc...

Emulation is the way to go for me on that end, but then I have this thing where if the save file isn't on the cartridge or on a protected memory card of some sort, it's "fake." Yeah... issues :p[/QUOTE]

lol... I can understand that. My game room has all of my retro systems connected so playing the games for them has never really been an issue for me. I've been collecting games and systems since the NES days, and I've never had a single console flake out on me until the current-gen systems. But my experience with the current-gen stuff really makes me worry for future usability.

I have already gone through four Xbox 360s and both of my PS3s have had issues. My 60gb launch model got the YLOD and my 120gb slim has intermittent HDMI issues. I sent the 60gb to GopherMods to have the board retooled and haven't had a problem since. But the fact that I've had 4 systems completely brick this gen after not having a single problem for 20-25 years before that makes me a little hesitant for how hardware will hold up long-term going forward.

[quote name='Kenshindono']I asked last page and no one really answered. Isn't dvd.co.uk the same company as game.co.uk? i ordered from game.co.uk and had a good experience, but havent tried dvd.co.uk at all. I seem to recall hearing they were the same company.

Oh ya, did any vendor wind up carrying the Guilty gear XX accent core LE? I never did jump on it straight form the manufacturer.. 2 reasons. Shipping was high from what ir remember, but even more importantly, for that price they really need to give you both artbooks, not just ONE. Especially when you cant really see what the difference is between the two.[/QUOTE]

They are two separate companies not related in any way. I have used both and both send most items in cardboard boxes, although it's still no guarantee as they don't use padding and the boxes themselves are fairly thin. DVD.CO.UK tends to be cheaper for many items, although they don't always carry every new release. For example, they don't appear to be stocking Solatorobo, at least not yet.

That reminds me. Who is offering Solatorobo pre-orders ATM? That and Xenoblade (is The Last Story also coming to UK?) are exclusives I need to aquire.

[quote name='Fizz_Usagi']That reminds me. Who is offering Solatorobo pre-orders ATM? That and Xenoblade (is The Last Story also coming to UK?) are exclusives I need to aquire.[/QUOTE]

There's actually a rumor apparently that Solatorobo will be announced for the US soon.

[quote name='rainking187']There's actually a rumor apparently that Solatorobo will be announced for the US soon.[/QUOTE]

That would be pleasant news! Certainly compared to not getting Xenoblade. I went so far as to get Fatal Frame IV and I'm not going to be denied these gaming treasures should they not come out in the US!

God as my witness?

Reposted from another thread for those who follow this thread more, but Arcana Heart 3 is delayed until August. No specific reason why, but to those like me who preordered the LE, it's worth being aware of.

Yeah got the email from DVD.CO.UK concerning the LE version. Guess I have a bit of a wait. I'm sure they have their reasons for doing so.

[quote name='Relysis']dvd.co.uk does have the LE of Arcana Heart 3, if that's what you were asking. Maybe I read that wrong. Without VAT, it comes out to 33.33. $3 more than Zavvi with shipping. Not bad, if it's true what you say about them shipping boxes.[/QUOTE]

After having issues with Zavvi's shipping practices, I decided to give dvd.co.uk a try and just ordered the LE Arcana Heart 3. Thanks!

question: is HMV. or DVD.co.uk the better place to get the arcania heart 3 LE from? I gotta order it soon here. I absoultely hate zavvi and the hut for their bubble mailers i got almost all my games from them damaged or crushed in some way

game.co.uk shipped my stuff in a box, but ive never used dvd.co.uk. It seems to be the same price at both places. Does one pack their stuff better than the other? whats the shipping cost between the two? I'm just wondering who most of you went with

[quote name='elessar123']It's ~$64 on dvd.co.uk =([/QUOTE]

When you add the item to your cart and check out, they will deduct VAT (not charged to US customers on pre-orders) then add in shipping. The total at dvd.co.uk is £35.62, which is about $59.

[quote name='Kenshindono']question: is HMV. or DVD.co.uk the better place to get the arcania heart 3 LE from? I gotta order it soon here. I absoultely hate zavvi and the hut for their bubble mailers i got almost all my games from them damaged or crushed in some way

game.co.uk shipped my stuff in a box, but ive never used dvd.co.uk. It seems to be the same price at both places. Does one pack their stuff better than the other? whats the shipping cost between the two? I'm just wondering who most of you went with[/QUOTE]

I've used dvd.co.uk a few times and they use a very small box for some shipments (fits about 2 DVDs) but the box is made out of cardboard that's thinner than the type used in cereal boxes. I doubt that AH3 will fit in their box... I got my Demon Souls Phantom Black Edition from them which shipped in a bubble mailer.

hmm thats not exactly what i wanted to hear. I tried emailing dvd.co.uk and i'll see what they reply with. game.co.uk has been excelent with me before, they shipped my items in a small box and they arrived perfectly. I hear theyre kinda the same store, so we'll see

im trying to email hmv.com to ask about how they ship their LE games.. but i cant for the life of me find any contact info. everything is just about the website or teling me to find a store directly

grr dont want this to get crushed

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm thats not exactly what i wanted to hear. I tried emailing dvd.co.uk and i'll see what they reply with. game.co.uk has been excelent with me before, they shipped my items in a small box and they arrived perfectly. I hear theyre kinda the same store, so we'll see

im trying to email hmv.com to ask about how they ship their LE games.. but i cant for the life of me find any contact info. everything is just about the website or teling me to find a store directly

grr dont want this to get crushed[/QUOTE]

For the last time, DVD.co.uk and Game.co.uk are not related in any way. Stop telling people they are the same company. HMV.co.uk uses the same thin boxes that DVD.CO.UK uses. No matter what these places tell you, their warehouse will ship however they see fit, so unless you're talking to the guy actually packaging your personal shipment, it's a total crap shoot.

If you are worried about it being crushed buy from ebay. That way you will be talking to the guy who actually pack your games

[quote name='bojay1997']For the last time, DVD.co.uk and Game.co.uk are not related in any way. Stop telling people they are the same company. HMV.co.uk uses the same thin boxes that DVD.CO.UK uses. No matter what these places tell you, their warehouse will ship however they see fit, so unless you're talking to the guy actually packaging your personal shipment, it's a total crap shoot.[/QUOTE]

that would be for the first time, because back when i asked several pages ago if they wre the same company, only one person replied, adriley313, and that was indicating that they WERE the same... so i dont know what the fuck crawled up your ass. If you were so sure you could have answered back when i asked instead of getting all bitchy several pages later

[quote name='62t']If you are worried about it being crushed buy from ebay. That way you will be talking to the guy who actually pack your games[/QUOTE]

ya i guess thats an option, but that can be a huge pain in the ass and quite time consuming. Its hard to actually find a decent seller who will ship to the US, plus it takes longer. I'll wait and see if the companies i emailed will get back to me. I even emailed the hut to see if they ship it in a box. I actually got my copies of persona 3 from them in a box and they arrived fine. I had vowed to never shop from them again until those arrived packaged properly. I let them know that those were in a box and actually arrived safe, unlike the other games i ordered that all arrived damaged. And that i had decided not to buy from them because of their inadequate packaging on special editions until they actually shipped one item correctly. So it seems they CAN package stuff right, they just choose not to most of the time.

I did order Final Fantasy XIII special edition from HMV last year and it came in a bubble mailer. Ruined one side of the game's box for sure that way. I went with DVD.CO.UK this time, but I've gone with Zavvi for Square-Enix PSP special editions (from Tactics Ogre - The 3rd Birthday) and have come out impressed with them as those boxes have come relatively fine (a tiny dent here and there, or nothing at all, but surely nothing at all like my FFXIII box). They used a sort of double sided bubble mailer for those. Wish I kept one to take a picture as an example. Now this could be different because PSP boxes tend to be smaller, but who knows how these Arcana Heart 3 LE boxes will turn out. :whistle2:\

[quote name='Kenshindono']that would be for the first time, because back when i asked several pages ago if they wre the same company, only one person replied, adriley313, and that was indicating that they WERE the same... so i dont know what the fuck crawled up your ass. If you were so sure you could have answered back when i asked instead of getting all bitchy several pages later

ya i guess thats an option, but that can be a huge pain in the ass and quite time consuming. Its hard to actually find a decent seller who will ship to the US, plus it takes longer. I'll wait and see if the companies i emailed will get back to me. I even emailed the hut to see if they ship it in a box. I actually got my copies of persona 3 from them in a box and they arrived fine. I had vowed to never shop from them again until those arrived packaged properly. I let them know that those were in a box and actually arrived safe, unlike the other games i ordered that all arrived damaged. And that i had decided not to buy from them because of their inadequate packaging on special editions until they actually shipped one item correctly. So it seems they CAN package stuff right, they just choose not to most of the time.[/QUOTE]

No, I already responded to your earlier claim they were the same in post 877. So this would be for the second time.

bread's done
Back