Even Cowgirls Get The OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only M Night movie I liked was Unbreakable; I hated the others. (Never saw Sixth Sense.)

EDIT: Also, I have never read nor seen LotR.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']The only M Night movie I liked was Unbreakable; I hated the others. (Never saw Sixth Sense.)

EDIT: Also, I have never read nor seen LotR.[/quote]

Signs is a great movie.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Sometimes when I watch wmvhds on my computer the screen tears and chugs for a bit.. how can I fix that? upgrade my video card? The computer I'm using right now is really sorry.[/QUOTE]

Video card will do you wonders. What type of video card does your system take, AGP or PCI-E?

[quote name='darthbudge']Signs is a great movie.[/quote]

No...no it is not. I know I told the story about when Pixie and I went and saw that...

[quote name='dcfox']If you had to choose, Kate or Juliet?[/quote]

I'd pick Kate.

EDIT: I don't think I have heard that story before Plume...

Still Signs is great. Flawed, but great.

Speaking of LotR, I was thinking today about how I still need to watch the last one and contemplating if I should even bother.

[quote name='dcfox']If you had to choose, Kate or Juliet?[/quote]

Based on looks alone I'd say Kate. Based on looks and personality presented for the character, Juliet. Over all however, I'd take "Goth Claire". :drool:

What is this Kate/ Juliet thing?

Budge:
Pix and I saw Signs opening night. We both were really hating the movie, and Pixie asked me if I wanted to leave about halfway to two-thirds through the movie. I said, "No! If there's a chance any of these people are going to get killed, I'm not going to miss it!" No one shushed me, but the people around me laughed.

I find it odd that some people really like the movie, because pretty much everyone in the theatre didn't seem to like it. But, it was that way with The Big Lebowski, too...

Everyone told me that I wasn't going to like The Village, but I did.

[quote name='darthbudge']I'd pick Kate.
[/quote]
Wrong answer

[quote name='Maklershed']Based on looks alone I'd say Kate. Based on looks and personality presented for the character, Juliet. Over all however, I'd take "Goth Claire". :drool:[/quote]
I think you might have forgot someone. If I had to pick someone from the entirety of the show it would be:

maggie.jpg

I would take Claire/Goth Claire over her.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']
I find it odd that some people really like the movie, because pretty much everyone in the theatre didn't seem to like it. But, it was that way with The Big Lebowski, too...[/quote]

You didn't like The Big Lebowski? Get this Bedlamite an Alienist!

[quote name='PlumeNoir']No...no it is not. I know I told the story about when Pixie and I went and saw that...[/quote]

It's uncle Plume's story time!

[quote name='PlumeNoir']

Budge:
Pix and I saw Signs opening night. We both were really hating the movie, and Pixie asked me if I wanted to leave about halfway to two-thirds through the movie. I said, "No! If there's a chance any of these people are going to get killed, I'm not going to miss it!" No one shushed me, but the people around me laughed.

I find it odd that some people really like the movie, because pretty much everyone in the theatre didn't seem to like it. But, it was that way with The Big Lebowski, too...[/quote]

:lol: Well I liked it a lot. Surprisingly, it was one of the few movies that actually scared me when I watched it.

[quote name='Brak']Everyone told me that I wasn't going to like The Village, but I did.[/quote]

The Village wasn't as good as Signs, but it was also a good movie. A lot of people thought the ending was stupid, but I liked it a lot.

[quote name='darthbudge']Signs is a great movie.[/quote]
It kind of sucks when the major twist causes the movie to make no sense.
Why would the aliens try to invade a planet that's mostly water when that's their one weakness?

[quote name='tiredfornow']Do you think you could beat the shit out of Brax0r, LinkinPrime?[/QUOTE]
Yeah.
[quote name='CaseyRyback']Brak, whenever you want to finish RE5 just hit me up.[/QUOTE]
Ok. :cool:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It kind of sucks when the major twist causes the movie to make no sense.
Why would the aliens try to invade a planet that's mostly water when that's their one weakness?
[/quote]

Uh, it has been a long time since I saw the movie, but here is what I remember.

The aliens they encountered at first were only like a recon team, they weren't going to invade, or even attack humans. However since the main character chopped off the one aliens fingers, he decided to go back and get revenge on the one family.

However, there was a flaw in that also. The whole movie was based off of predestination. So supposedly the wife had to be killed, to tell the older son to swing away, causing him to remember that when the aliens attacked and thus saving the family. However, if the wife would have never been killed, the main character would never have had to go to Vet's house and would have never cut off the aliens finger causing the attack and everything would have been avoided.

[quote name='Maklershed']

You didn't like The Big Lebowski? Get this Bedlamite an Alienist![/quote]

In the theatre - I hated it. But then, I watched it when it came to video and loved it. I still say it had something to do with the girl I went to see the movie with...

Frisky - that was my big beef with Signs, too.

[quote name='darthbudge']
Uh, it has been a long time since I saw the movie, but here is what I remember.

The aliens they encountered at first were only like a recon team, they weren't going to invade, or even attack humans. However since the main character chopped off the one aliens fingers, he decided to go back and get revenge on the one family.

However, there was a flaw in that also. The whole movie was based off of predestination. So supposedly the wife had to be killed, to tell the older son to swing away, causing him to remember that when the aliens attacked and thus saving the family. However, if the wife would have never been killed, the main character would never have had to go to Vet's house and would have never cut off the aliens finger causing the attack and everything would have been avoided.
[/quote]

No the real reason behind all of this is Horrible Horrible writing.

What was the M. Night shamalamadingdong movie about the woman who lived in the water? That was really awful. I like Paul Giamatti, but even he couldn't save that movie.

I Aint gonna be seeing that money in AGES, at least as far as I know.

I got's bills to pays, and maybe a House to sell, and a house to buy/

[quote name='joe2187']I Aint gonna be seeing that money in AGES, at least as far as I know.

I got's bills to pays, and maybe a House to sell, and a house to buy/[/quote]

You weren't offered an express option in exchange for an additional initial monetary outlay? Lame.

Coincidentally, JJ, it's "Lady In The Water".

How shitty do you have to be at skiing to die on the bunny hill?

For some reason I was thinking about The Third Man while at work and all I could think about was fat $$$$$$ Orson Welles at the end. Not the version in the film, but the version from the 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back