Even Cowgirls Get The OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Mr. Anderson's lovely friend Katy. I think her name was Katy.[/QUOTE]

Spelled Kady, but I've never pronounced (or heard, for that matter) the difference, so yeah, Katy.

I get sort of sad that I miss out on some of the OTT's best moments. But, soon after I realize, that this is just a silly message forum... that, at times, I can't get enough of.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Spelled Kady, but I've never pronounced (or heard, for that matter) the difference, so yeah, Katy.[/quote]

Get the HELL out of here liquid...

Have you been waiting all day, slowly mustering up your courage while nursing a jumbo-sized bag of cheetoes, to tell me that, DarkNessBear?

I did not realize that Octomom lived so damn close to me now. It's within walking distance - we cruised by tonight to see three production vans posted up outside and a bunch of college kids hanging out in an SUV.

That shit last night looked straight out of Dawn Of The Dead with paparazzi clinging to her truck.

I don't feel like writing code, right now. But I have to. I give props to programmers. I really do. What I love most about them is their patience and problem solving skills. I'm guessing programming is a task that one must acquire a taste for, before you begin to enjoy it- kind of like beer. Unless you were born into programming, then that should deserve a different point of view. When I was first introduced to programming, I thought it was torture. So awful, and so uninteresting I thought it was, I began to think "how can anyone put themselves through making sense of such tedious-looking babble, even more, creating it?" At that point I wanted to understand it, for the sake of answering my own question. Then I began to practice and learn the fundamentals, and the whole fantasy of playing god began to sink in, so then I appreciated and enjoyed it. Now I'm beginning to look at it in an antagonizing perspective, again, because of how complex it's gotten and how distant I've become with it (not to mention the fact that I've just only began to scratch the surface of it all) and just thinking about it discourages me some more. I know if I put my mind to it, I can become really good at it, but a part of me just doesn't want to.

It's 2:30, almost, and I know no-one will ever read this, but it's good to vent, and it's kind of, sort of like a crisis to me. Anyway, I'm glad there's more to comp. science than just programming. Wow, I feel better. Thanks, CAG. I

[quote name='thekeybladewars']I don't feel like writing code, right now. But I have to. I give props to programmers. I really do. What I love most about them is their patience and problem solving skills. I'm guessing programming is a task that one must acquire a taste for, before you begin to enjoy it- kind of like beer. Unless you were born into programming, then that should deserve a different point of view. When I was first introduced to programming, I thought it was torture. So awful, and so uninteresting I thought it was, I began to think "how can anyone put themselves through making sense of such tedious-looking babble, even more, creating it?" At that point I wanted to understand it, for the sake of answering my own question. Then I began to practice and learn the fundamentals, and the whole fantasy of playing god began to sink in, so then I appreciated and enjoyed it. Now I'm beginning to look at it in an antagonizing perspective, again, because of how complex it's gotten and how distant I've become with it (not to mention the fact that I've just only began to scratch the surface of it all) and just thinking about it discourages me some more. I know if I put my mind to it, I can become really good at it, but a part of me just doesn't want to.

It's 2:30, almost, and I know no-one will ever read this, but it's good to vent, and it's kind of, sort of like a crisis to me. Anyway, I'm glad there's more to comp. science than just programming. Wow, I feel better. Thanks, CAG. I

[quote name='Liquid 2']Have you been waiting all day, slowly mustering up your courage while nursing a jumbo-sized bag of cheetoes, to tell me that, DarkNessBear?[/quote]:lol:

On somewhat of an impulse buy I bought myself an electric guitar just now. I got a candy apple red Fender Starcaster (a beginner's guitar) while my younger brother got the sunburst. He was talking to me about how he's thinking about buying an acoustic since the guitar he got for Christmas is a classic. So I went online do some research on guitars for him when I found the Starcaster bundles (comes with an amp and other stuff) for $180. I've been wanting to learn guitar for a while now so this should be fun.

I can't handle programming. I'm a complete dumbass when it comes to it.

In related news, I was looking through the fridge for a late night snack when I started hearing the strangest noise. It kind of sounded like someone was lightly and repeatedly banging on a thin sheet of metal. I stalked around a bit, trying to pinpoint the sound, when I came across the floor vents. Sure enough, the sound got louder, but the banging was still muffled.

I thought a bit before realizing the vent was near the sliding door that faces the empty wooded lot next door. So I opened it and... Holy crap did the sound get loud. Whatever was making it was...

Shit.

I left the screen door open so I could hear it if it came back. And I do hear it. BRB.

Damn. Ayumi has spoiled me.

She got me a slick Navy Blue pin striped suit for my birthday. I just slightly mentioned the convo I had with st0neface here and she picked up on it.

So apparently you can't rent a condo in Panama City Beach .. or anywhere on the Gulf Coast, for that matter .. unless you're over 25. Yahoo! Answers had a bunch of people saying that it's a new law they passed to prevent Spring Breaker's from fucking up their property.

The only places that do rent out to people under 25 are Mom and Pop owned resorts and they make you put a $300 damage deposit on it.

Balls.

[quote name='Scorch']So apparently you can't rent a condo in Panama City Beach .. or anywhere on the Gulf Coast, for that matter .. unless you're over 25. Yahoo! Answers had a bunch of people saying that it's a new law they passed to prevent Spring Breaker's from fucking up their property.

The only places that do rent out to people under 25 are Mom and Pop owned resorts and they make you put a $300 damage deposit on it.

Balls.[/quote]

True; Also, PCB is 'turrble' now.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Saw Jonathan Gordon Levitt.[/quote]

Did you tell him that Maklershed from CAG thinks The Lookout is an unbelievably good movie?

[quote name='zewone']I hate writing code. We have to do it as part of SQL at work. I couldn't imagine the codes people have to write to make games and ish.[/quote]

You should try COBOL...:whee:

cheddarcheese.png

[quote name='thekeybladewars']I don't feel like writing code, right now. But I have to. I give props to programmers. I really do. What I love most about them is their patience and problem solving skills. I'm guessing programming is a task that one must acquire a taste for, before you begin to enjoy it- kind of like beer. Unless you were born into programming, then that should deserve a different point of view. When I was first introduced to programming, I thought it was torture. So awful, and so uninteresting I thought it was, I began to think "how can anyone put themselves through making sense of such tedious-looking babble, even more, creating it?" At that point I wanted to understand it, for the sake of answering my own question. Then I began to practice and learn the fundamentals, and the whole fantasy of playing god began to sink in, so then I appreciated and enjoyed it. Now I'm beginning to look at it in an antagonizing perspective, again, because of how complex it's gotten and how distant I've become with it (not to mention the fact that I've just only began to scratch the surface of it all) and just thinking about it discourages me some more. I know if I put my mind to it, I can become really good at it, but a part of me just doesn't want to.

How different is SQL from mySQL? MySQL is only tricky until you do it once or twice... (creating the db and relational tables yourself helps immensely though...)

Never used MySQL actually, code wise they should be the same if MySQL uses T-SQL. Just looked at a screen shot of the MySQL manager, looks quite a bit different from SQL Server's manager.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Cobol does suck. C/C++ is where it's at. Also Perl, PHP, and I guess Java.

Did you mail my shit, Mr. Mom?[/quote]

Mr. Mom?

Should have went out yesterday with the rest of the Dept mail. If you don't get it by Saturday, I would be surprised.

[quote name='Number83']Mr. Mom?

Should have went out yesterday with the rest of the Dept mail. If you don't get it by Saturday, I would be surprised.[/quote]

Hooray, you get paid! ;)

You just want me to lift the value of shipping off the envelope?

And I don't know about the Mr. Mom thing... it was just something that popped in my head?

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Hey TFN, you hear about some gangs shooting a Walmart tomorrow, or some shit?[/quote]Yeah, google it and you'll see that its just one of those dumbass chain letters that dumbass people are falling for. #-o

Maybe with all the hype now it'll actually happen, but people have been sending that shit around since 2005, or some shit.

[quote name='darthbudge']Morning OTT.

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk295/johnnyfoxdarko/Austin/[/quote]Good morning, darthbudge! I hope you asked Johnny for his glasses.

[quote name='tiredfornow']

Good morning, darthbudge! I hope you asked Johnny for his glasses.[/quote]

No, I didn't. :lol:

EDIT: It was awesome though Jake. They had SFIV machines, Blaz Blue, TvC machines, Puzzle Fighter and a crap load of other stuff I have never seen before.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Have you been waiting all day, slowly mustering up your courage while nursing a jumbo-sized bag of cheetoes, to tell me that, DarkNessBear?[/quote]

*breaths into bag*

....no!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
20090311.jpg

I give it six months before GS really incorporates these changes... :whistle2:k[/quote]

:lol:
Needs to push the Edge card and subscription to Game Informer.
Finally a Friday and no project. I finally get to play RE5 (after everyone's shit on it).

[quote name='darthbudge']JFD was cool... his friends were a bit weird though. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about yourself?

[quote name='lordwow']Are you talking about yourself?[/quote]

:lol:

No, he brought some friends with him from down the in the valley. They didn't come to the arcade though.

Sucks that your friends wouldn't let you stay longer, Budge.

Budge, one of those guys is just someone I have been friends with since early elementary.
We don't have much in common, but we're still pretty good friends. His brother is pretty creepy, though.

Did one of them flex his muscles in your face, darthbudge? I made a comment about one of his friends and he IMed me with flaring nostrils threatening to beat me up. It was pretty funny. :eek:)

EDIT: Shut the fuck up, darknessbear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back